Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quoted
    395 Post(s)

Is an Apple MacBook worth it?

Assalamu alaykum

I'd be interested to hear from anyone who owns one. I really, really like the rose gold Apple
    MacBook & I am considering purchasing it. I know it's expensive...

If anyone has an Apple Mac book how's it been for you? Worth it? I will be mainly using it for YouTube, browsing the net, eBaying, blogging

Ok I'll be honest. I only want it because of the colour. Is that really bad?

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quoted
    394 Post(s)

Re: Is an Apple MacBook worth it?

Quote Originally Posted by Layla_ View Post
    Handy skill to have. Yes Insha Allah I'll go ahead & purchase soon iA

Thank you everyone for your recommendations & advice

I have decided that I will indeed get the Rose Gold MacBook. I can't help it, too many Unboxing vids & it's calling my name. But for my needs it seems perfect so Insha Allah Khayr
    I just decided to get a MacBook Pro 15 inch 2017. Gonna give feedback.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quoted
    395 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by IlFaraone View Post
    I just decided to get a MacBook Pro 15 inch 2017. Gonna give feedback.
    I'm looking forward to hearing the feedback!

Odan
    Mentioned
    403 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6626 Post(s)

Assalamu alaykum

I'd be interested to hear from anyone who owns one. I really, really like the rose gold Apple

If anyone has an Apple Mac book how's it been for you? Worth it? I will be mainly using it for YouTube, browsing the net, eBaying, blogging

The hardware is worth it, the software perhaps not so...I'd be happy if I could get the same build quality with Linux...therefore making it cheaper to own. I've been using them for a number of years and they last well (work supplied, I'd not spend my own money on it).

Liking it for it's colour is not unusual, Apple users are known to be superficial.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quoted
    394 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by zi-zizou View Post

The hardware is worth it, the software perhaps not so...I'd be happy if I could get the same build quality with Linux...therefore making it cheaper to own. I've been using them for a number of years and they last well (work supplied, I'd not spend my own money on it).

Liking it for it's colour is not unusual, Apple users are known to be superficial.
    Actually, it's the opposite. When people make cases against the price of the MacBook [Pro], they always mention that the hardware inside is not worth the price and that you can find other cheaper laptops with even better specs. It's the software that makes it worth it. It's easy to use, yet quite powerful. Mac OS X applications for video editing, music producing and more are some of the best, if not the best. Combine the amazing software with the fact that it seamlessly integrates and communicates with your other Apple devices and you have a product people are willing to spend thousands on.

Apple's software is why the products sell so well.

Odan
    Mentioned
    403 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6626 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by IlFaraone View Post
    Actually, it's the opposite. When people make cases against the price of the MacBook [Pro], they always mention that the hardware inside is not worth the price and that you can find other cheaper laptops with even better specs. It's the software that makes it worth it. It's easy to use, yet quite powerful. Mac OS X applications for video editing, music producing and more are some of the best, if not the best. Combine the amazing software with the fact that it seamlessly integrates and communicates with your other Apple devices and you have a product people are willing to spend thousands on.

Apple's software is why the products sell so well.
    I'm referring to the build quality...plenty of metal very little plastic.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quoted
    394 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by zi-zizou View Post
    I'm referring to the build quality...plenty of metal very little plastic.
    Oh, like that, I thought you meant internal hardware. Yeah, Apple's products are pure quality. There's a fairly recent trend of Windows-based laptops being high-quality too. You have the XPS, Spectre x360, Surface and more, but it's just not the same as Apple.

Odan
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quoted
    57 Post(s)

Assalamu alaykum

Look sister, if you can afford it, go for it. We only live once, if we can afford something, without jeopardising our living standards then go for it. My University tutor still uses a MacBook Pro from 2007, and it has no issues. As we progress, technical developments are better. The OS is better too. Don't let these people say that you can get a Windows laptop with the same specs, for a lesser price. You can't, because there is no OS X.

Go for it. If you're a student, check out student pricing, i'd get a refurbished one from apple directly, check out the apple refurb store.

Odan
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quoted
    57 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by oshirowanen View Post
    What are the specs of the macbook you're planning/hoping to get?

If it has an M or a Dual Core processor, I'd personally stay away from them.

Having said that, I'd still get an ultrabook.
    Find me an ultrabrook that can run OS X, which is a solid unix based os which is better than that dll hell windows, and i'll throw my mbp in the bin for it.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quoted
    395 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MuslimSoljah View Post
    Look sister, if you can afford it, go for it. We only live once, if we can afford something, without jeopardising our living standards then go for it. My University tutor still uses a MacBook Pro from 2007, and it has no issues. As we progress, technical developments are better. The OS is better too. Don't let these people say that you can get a Windows laptop with the same specs, for a lesser price. You can't, because there is no OS X.

Go for it. If you're a student, check out student pricing, i'd get a refurbished one from apple directly, check out the apple refurb store.
    Thanks, I shall definitely check out the apple refurb store wow I can't believe that your tutors MacBook is going strong ten years later, this is definitely encouraging!