Page 88 of 88 FirstFirst ... 3878868788
Results 3,481 to 3,495 of 3495

Account Disabled

Mentioned
    172 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1588 Post(s)

Post whatever you feel like sharing

Ever feel like you want to share/type something random but you don't know where to post it? Or you want advice on a situation, but don't want to start a thread?

Well this is the thread for it.

Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3713 Post(s)

Re: Post whatever you feel like sharing

Quote Originally Posted by Silent being View Post
    Who says that? But that is against the prophet's صلى الله عليه و سلم practice.
    one of the posts above mentioned something about it
    شَكَوْتُ إلَى وَكِيعٍ سُوءَ حِفْظِي
    فَأرْشَدَنِي إلَى تَرْكِ المعَاصي
    وَأخْبَرَنِي بأَنَّ العِلْمَ نُورٌ
    ونورُ الله لا يهدى لعاصي

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quoted
    129 Post(s)

AW: Post whatever you feel like sharing

sooooo EXTREMELY,SUPER,MEGA,SUPER SUPER,UPPER DUPPER BOOOOOOOOOOORED !!!!! ughhh ....
    'A slave's life is all you understand, you know nothing of freedom. For if you did, you would have encouraged us to fight on, not only with our spears, but with everything we have'

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quoted
    129 Post(s)

AW: Post whatever you feel like sharing

1 hour of sleep in around 48 hours ..feels SUPER good ... though I feel a bit nuts
    Last edited by Aetos; Yesterday at 09:44 PM.
    'A slave's life is all you understand, you know nothing of freedom. For if you did, you would have encouraged us to fight on, not only with our spears, but with everything we have'

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Re: AW: Post whatever you feel like sharing

Salaam, Please join my WhatsApp group to discuss about cryptocurrency, Bitcoin beginners help, just questions in general. Only if you will be an active participant, not a lurker. https://chat.whatsapp.com/7GiRJQxoFBFIiDnxMnBBjK

Mentioned
    722 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6318 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ya'sin View Post
    :

Hello, how's everything with you

but we can't lose another member
    Wa Alaykumussalam sister Ya'sin!
    Alhamdulillah I'm good, how are you??
    I tried to rep you yesterday but said I have to spread around rep, so I'll get around to that, sorry
    I miss you a lot, and other members on this forum.. I do still come on here rarely/occasionally
    But how is everything? What are you upto these days? You doing well, dear sis?
    Man.. sometimes I miss this place. I seem to have two extremes.. posting 24/7, vs not posting at all. Need to strike a balance lol
    What's new with you sis? Hope everyone is well, Insha ' Allah
    Really sorry for any reps and everything I've not replied to, both you and everyone, feel very guilty, need to get around to it, and try come here more often

We do have a UF sisters group on whatsapp, if you ever want to join, please tell us, because I really would like to stay in contact with you.
    I know I don't post often, but you are one of the sisters that mean a lot to me on here. (okay cheesiness over lool)
    Btw same usual with me.. working in customer service.. unmarried.. no car yet.. lol so no big transformations in my life, at all.
    And with Him are the keys of the Ghayb (all that is hidden), none knows them but He. And He knows whatever there is in the land and in the sea; not a leaf falls, but He knows it. There is not a grain in the darkness of the earth nor anything fresh or dry, but is written in a Clear Record”
    [al-An’aam 6:59]

Mentioned
    651 Post(s)
    Quoted
    8016 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ~Umar~ View Post
    Just got my first rejection on UCAS

It wasn't my preferred Uni though Alhamdulillah but still heartbreaking
    Oh no

Don't worry bro. Was it a university you had planned as an insurance choice? If so, they most likely rejected you as they knew you'd do this. For example when I was applying I applied to Oxford Brookes university, which is a lesser university than the others I applied to, yet I got offers from the other ones and a rejection from that one, and it was because my predicted grades were above their entry requirements so they most likely knew that I was going to use them as a back up.

In short don't worry about it bro, as this one rejection does not mean you won't get offers from the others. And may Allah grant you a place at a school that is best for you. Note: a university may seem perfect to you and it may be a top university, but actually it can end up not being the most suitable for you - Allah knows best.

Mentioned
    722 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6318 Post(s)

I wanted to ask a question y'all:
    If I start working in a position that processes PPI claims etc/rejects them, is this haraam?
    It is via a bank, so like a specific banks PPI claims? And nothing else associated with the bank.
    Currently work in home phone and broadband.. which afaik is permissible, but wanted to go into something adminy, and this opportunity presented itself
    As it is just PPI and no other association with the bank.. I didn't even think it might not be okay.. but it's PPI claims via a specific bank, so I'm not sure?
    Anyone know?
    Interview is tomorrow so not sure whether to go or not.. asap answers very much appreciated, lol
    Jazakhallahu khairan in advance

And hope everyone is well, insha ' allah!
    And with Him are the keys of the Ghayb (all that is hidden), none knows them but He. And He knows whatever there is in the land and in the sea; not a leaf falls, but He knows it. There is not a grain in the darkness of the earth nor anything fresh or dry, but is written in a Clear Record”

Mentioned
    722 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6318 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Creamcake View Post
    If I start working in a position that processes PPI claims etc/rejects them, is this haraam?
    It is via a bank, so like a specific banks PPI claims? And nothing else associated with the bank.
    Currently work in home phone and broadband.. which afaik is permissible, but wanted to go into something adminy, and this opportunity presented itself
    As it is just PPI and no other association with the bank.. I didn't even think it might not be okay.. but it's PPI claims via a specific bank, so I'm not sure?
    Anyone know?
    Interview is tomorrow so not sure whether to go or not.. asap answers very much appreciated, lol

Does anyone know?
    The interview is tomorrow..

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quoted
    942 Post(s)

Anyone know?

Its best to ask a scholar
    You can ask sulaymaan anwar
    Type his name on google his website should come up
    Then go on contact
    Make sure u specify that its your situation as he doesnt reply to hypothetical situations
    He usually replies in 1 day
    Sometimes less

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quoted
    942 Post(s)

Re: AW: Post whatever you feel like sharing

Quote Originally Posted by FARAZSID View Post
    Salaam, Please join my WhatsApp group to discuss about cryptocurrency, Bitcoin beginners help, just questions in general. Only if you will be an active participant, not a lurker. https://chat.whatsapp.com/7GiRJQxoFBFIiDnxMnBBjK
    Have you seen if using bitcoins is halal or haram

Mentioned
    409 Post(s)
    Quoted
    9459 Post(s)

Does anyone know?
    The interview is tomorrow..
    I don't know but I'd avoid it to be safe. You would be in a way contributing toward the collection of loans, which no doubt contain interest.

Odan
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Quoted
    862 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abu julaybeeb View Post
    Its best to ask a scholar
    You can ask sulaymaan anwar
    Type his name on google his website should come up
    Then go on contact
    Make sure u specify that its your situation as he doesnt reply to hypothetical situations
    He usually replies in 1 day
    Sometimes less
    I searched him and in a fatwa he said that being nationalist makes you a murtad?
    Strange how he came to this ruling, what do the 4 schools of thought say on this issue btw?

https://suleimananwar.com/2017/09/in...sm-patriotism/

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quoted
    942 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hasan2013 View Post
    I searched him and in a fatwa he said that being nationalist makes you a murtad?
    Strange how he came to this ruling, what do the 4 schools of thought say on this issue btw?

https://suleimananwar.com/2017/09/in...sm-patriotism/
    Thats his ijtihad from the ayah of the Quran he showed

Odan
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Quoted
    862 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abu julaybeeb View Post
    Thats his ijtihad from the ayah of the Quran he showed
    I think its better to ignore his ijtihad if it goes against the consensus.
    Declaring someone to be an apostate is not a simple matter.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quoted
    309 Post(s)

@Jumpski I don't want to derail that thread so I'll post here

Quote Originally Posted by Jumpski View Post
    Ooo may Allah best ur gramps so you were only a child then but it must have been nice

I wonder if its still a good place to make hijrah but I'm not sure if I wanna move anymore because helping the Muslims of my locality is also important to me but idk
    Aameen, he died 3 months after we returned. Yeah I was only 6 but I can still remember a lot, especially getting smacked.

It's probably changed a lot in 12 years. Back then they still had holes in the ground for toilets. Tbh the people were really nice alhamdulillah but everyone was so nationalistic.

Personally I don't think raising kids in the West is okay. Yes there's corruption everywhere but living amongst people who openly commit kufr is disgusting.
    إن الصلاة تنهى عن الفحشاء والمنكر