Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quoted
    399 Post(s)

How do you make Eid special for your children?

Assalamu alaykum

I'd be interested to know what special Eid traditions you have in your own families to make Eid extra special for your children.

That Eid in excel thing in London looks good, is anyone going?

what kind of things have you purchased for Eid gifts for your children?

Do you decorate your houses for Eid?

Mentioned
    273 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3815 Post(s)

Re: How do you make Eid special for your children?

Quote Originally Posted by Layla_ View Post
    Assalamu alaykum

I'd be interested to know what special Eid traditions you have in your own families to make Eid extra special for your children.

Wa alaykumus salaam,

How old are the kids?

Depends on their age and interests, but in my own case we put simple decorations up, usually paper chains and balloons but some islamic pics and posters made by the kids, make sure we visit relatives, exchange gifts and proceed to eat enough chocolates and biryani for a whole month... ok maybe skip the last one.

We also usually make sure we go to the eid salaah in Victoria park, or else go masjid taqwa which both have a large jammat and events and treats for the kids after the salaah, as well as having an English speaking khateeb with good relevant reminders.
    FOLLOW THE NEW BLOG - GINGERBEARDMAN - Muslim, father, husband, writer, defender of ginger rights!

www.facebook.com/outreach4Islam - Outreach4Islam have been working together in Leicester, calling the not yet Muslims to Islam since 2006.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quoted
    399 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gingerbeardman View Post
    Wa alaykumus salaam,

How old are the kids?

Depends on their age and interests, but in my own case we put simple decorations up, usually paper chains and balloons but some islamic pics and posters made by the kids, make sure we visit relatives, exchange gifts and proceed to eat enough chocolates and biryani for a whole month... ok maybe skip the last one.

We also usually make sure we go to the eid salaah in Victoria park, or else go masjid taqwa which both have a large jammat and events and treats for the kids after the salaah, as well as having an English speaking khateeb with good relevant reminders.
    3 and 1

Funny you mention Victoria park AND taqwa as I wanted to take my children to the park but their dad said he will take my eldest daughter to masjid taqwa. I suppose I can visit the park later on, it's always a nice atmosphere. Hope the khutba in the park is good though...

Islamic pics and posters up sounds good, I think I'll do that as well. Will have to find some nice halal Eid nasheeds too!

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quoted
    377 Post(s)

ah the good old days...

My parents used to bring eid colouring books for us 2 days before eid, and we starting colouring and sticking them on the wall, compete who would do the best colouring !! then my mum will show off our colouring to our guests who pop over the morning... looord how excited that used to make us !!

they used to ask us what we would like for gifts... I used to love cooking toys lol then when I grew up I couldn't hate anything more than cooking lol ... and they used to give us money on top...

in the mornings, we would go to the eid prayer land (just simple sand no prayer mats, which we thought was a play ground !!) we used to have an open door policy between us and our neighbours, and we'd be running up and down the flats and playing while our parents do their things <<< that was very special to us because it would never be allowed if it wasn't eid
    we used to prepare eid quiz and get prizes for them (but that's when we got a bit older like 6 - 9 years old

then in the afternoon we'll go to theme parks or somewhere with our other families

Sorry I know its irrelevant to your children (3 and 1)
    Last edited by malleat1; 13-06-17 at 02:41 PM.
    * typing from my phone, excuse the mess

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quoted
    399 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by malleat1 View Post
    ah the good old days...

My parents used to bring eid colouring books for us 2 days before eid, and we starting colouring and sticking them on the wall, compete who would do the best colouring !! then my mum will show off our colouring to our guests who pop over the morning... looord how excited that used to make us !!

they used to ask us what we would like for gifts... I used to love cooking toys lol then when I grew up I couldn't hate anything more than cooking lol ... and they used to give us money on top...

in the mornings we used to have an open door policy between us and our neighbours, and we'd be running up and down the flats and playing while our parents do their things <<< that was very special to us because it would never be allowed if it wasn't eid
    we used to prepare eid quiz and get prizes for them (but that's when we got a bit older like 6 - 9 years old

then in the afternoon we'll go to theme parks or somewhere with our other families

Sorry I know its irrelevant to your children (3 and 1)
    Wow your Eid as a child sounds amazing!!!

I've actually ordered my daughter some Eid colouring books and was going to save them for Eid morning (when I am rushing and need a bit of peace!) but your idea sounds great so I think I'll give my daughter hers before Eid Insha Allah

lol my 3 year old loves her wooden kitchen & cooking toys let's hope she enjoys cooking when she's older!! She has asked for a scooter this year

She keeps waking up every morning asking 'it it Eid yet' so I'm looking forward to finally saying YES and seeing her excitement Insha Allah.

pizza is life
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quoted
    451 Post(s)

Assalamu alaykum

i don't have any kids of my own but to give advice it doesn't take one to have been there and done that, someone asked imaam abu hanifa is the taste of animal droppings sweet or sour he replied to them its sweet when its fresh and sour when its old the man asked how do you know? imaam abu hanifa said that flies sit on sweet things and when the droppings are fresh they are on it but when it gets old they fly away to find something new.

so in a similar situation i would like to say i have no kids of my own nor am i married however by observation i see that kids want nothing but the attention and love of their parents and please expect the kids to mess about if they dont mess about then who will? ground 22 year olds like me or the older gen? so be open with how you treat them and don't just throw gifts at a child thats a bad habit build their tarbiyat up and make it strong from young. take the kids to a park and dedicate your day to them, we have a usool in our household and i'll share it if it benefits you, my mother has always said that 2 things make a child into a good child love and discipline not gifts and riches throwing these things will ruin the child and allah not bring that day on anyone, in this world we lack love and its very easy to just throw things hoping it will fix the issue for the person however the fix is actually love you see street dogs that are fed out of sympathy everyone throws something to them but no one can love that dog or rather no one wants to so the key to good kids is discipline and love.i say the best thing you can do for you kids us to spend time and dedicate the whole day to them mess about with tme keep them occupied because kids have a short attention span and will get bored really quickly, so maybe take em to park for an hour take them on a drive show them nature kuz seeing nature ppl are amazed at the creation of allah (being in london that might be hard but up north its easy haha) don't limit it to one thing for an hour take them about to a park when they seem bored get them an ice cream if they like something like that then take them to a farm or something, might also be worth taking them to other family houses so they can interact with other kids.

i used to when i was a student take out kids both belonging to family and neighbours and we'd go parks in a large crowd (teens and kids mixed) take them to a meal then play a game of football or something, indoor ballrooms etc fun times i wish i was free to spend time with kids now too haha

sorry for the terrible sentence structure im soo sleepy right now hahah and keep me in your duas IA

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quoted
    399 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by babadods View Post
    i don't have any kids of my own but to give advice it doesn't take one to have been there and done that, someone asked imaam abu hanifa is the taste of animal droppings sweet or sour he replied to them its sweet when its fresh and sour when its old the man asked how do you know? imaam abu hanifa said that flies sit on sweet things and when the droppings are fresh they are on it but when it gets old they fly away to find something new.

so in a similar situation i would like to say i have no kids of my own nor am i married however by observation i see that kids want nothing but the attention and love of their parents and please expect the kids to mess about if they dont mess about then who will? ground 22 year olds like me or the older gen? so be open with how you treat them and don't just throw gifts at a child thats a bad habit build their tarbiyat up and make it strong from young. take the kids to a park and dedicate your day to them, we have a usool in our household and i'll share it if it benefits you, my mother has always said that 2 things make a child into a good child love and discipline not gifts and riches throwing these things will ruin the child and allah not bring that day on anyone, in this world we lack love and its very easy to just throw things hoping it will fix the issue for the person however the fix is actually love you see street dogs that are fed out of sympathy everyone throws something to them but no one can love that dog or rather no one wants to so the key to good kids is discipline and love.i say the best thing you can do for you kids us to spend time and dedicate the whole day to them mess about with tme keep them occupied because kids have a short attention span and will get bored really quickly, so maybe take em to park for an hour take them on a drive show them nature kuz seeing nature ppl are amazed at the creation of allah (being in london that might be hard but up north its easy haha) don't limit it to one thing for an hour take them about to a park when they seem bored get them an ice cream if they like something like that then take them to a farm or something, might also be worth taking them to other family houses so they can interact with other kids.

i used to when i was a student take out kids both belonging to family and neighbours and we'd go parks in a large crowd (teens and kids mixed) take them to a meal then play a game of football or something, indoor ballrooms etc fun times i wish i was free to spend time with kids now too haha

sorry for the terrible sentence structure im soo sleepy right now hahah and keep me in your duas IA
    Jazakallah khayr

Whilst I agree with what you're saying, ie showering a child with love and time & not throwing gifts at them, it's important to make our children love Eid just as much as non Muslim children love their festivals. I spend a lot of time with my children on a day to day basis alhumdulillah and to make it special for them i do like to buy gifts on Eid because I tend not to spoil them too much in the year. My daughter has been wanting some things for ages and like a year ago I would have just purchased without hesitation (bad mistake I don't do this anymore) but this year she knows she has to wait for Eid for it. Although my daughter is only 3 she is really excited for Eid and she's still small so presents will excite her

I definitely do agree with you though. Growing up I had the complete opposite of what your family has, my parents would literally try and buy us lol we had the best of everything but there was no real love in the house. There's no way I will follow my parents example

I may visit the farm on the second day of Eid Insha Allah, can't go wrong with a little farm visit!

Combating Coconuts in UF
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quoted
    938 Post(s)

Very random really..

but one thing we like to do is drive for a couple of hours and Enjoy food in a cool breeze at the lake.

The Winters here are brutal -20c - -45c so we try to enjoy the summer time as much as possible.

Speaking of Eid, Should one pray where there is the most people praying? is that required?

we have a few prayer places here, but I refuse to go to the main praying place because after Salah, the Women take off their hijab and start beautifying themselves...

Always makes me wonder if its ignorance or sheer stupidity.
    Stop being apologetic to Kuffars!

If I don't engage with you or reply to any of your question, it's likely because I find you racist and a total waste of time.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quoted
    399 Post(s)

That sounds nice, food by the lake.

Irs a sunnah to pray in an outdoor area, which would facilitate a larger amount of mussalees but I've not heard anything specific about one praying where there is the most amount of people

Not surprised about women beautifying themselves after salaah. I once did Eid in madeenah and I was horrified at how some of the women behaved and let's not forget, this was in the prophets mosque, peace be upon him

but I guess we all have our struggles, may Allah guide us all

Odan
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quoted
    542 Post(s)

Many of my friends are doing the Ramadan calendar where they have 30 little envelop set up in their house. Each day kids get to open an envelop which contains candy/tiny toys for little kid and maybe Islamic quote for bigger kids who can read. I remember when I was a kid, the dressing up and food was enough to excite me

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quoted
    377 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kya View Post
    they have 30 little envelop set up in their house. Each day kids get to open an envelop
    this is very interesting idea that teaches the discipline and resistance of temptations to open the whole lot in one go
    Me likes.

Mentioned
    220 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2049 Post(s)

My nieces have this chart where they draw a smiley face whenever they successfully fast each day. Also family members promise them material gifts for Eid if they hit the goal. They're excited for it and I tend to use negative motivation to get them to wake up lol. Like saying "just carry on sleeping, one sad face in the chart is alright" etc and they hate me for it
    ┳┻|
    ┻┳|•.•) Hello, Assalamu Alaikum! Check out this topic! #makethechanges
    ┳┻|⊂ノ
    ┻┳|
    http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthrea...adan-Authentic

Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Quoted
    520 Post(s)

Assalamu alaykum

Wrapped up gifts for the kids.
    Money in envelopes for the older kids.
    Money in envelopes for elders as well.
    No one gives me money in envelopes anymore
    I joked about this one time and now my youngest brother always gives me money in an envelope
    Take them out for 'Eid salah and buy balloons.
    They get to meet my friends kids as well.
    We hire out bouncy castles, them fat sumo suits for wrestling, face paints, etc

They get to have fun and we get to see our relatives and friends, as well as eat good food without having to entertain the kids much cause the teenagers are with them.

In the evenings, me and my immediate family go out to a restaurant for food, or we'll drive upto to our place in Bournemouth and go to the beach there for a picnic.
    Its usually quiet and empty.

This isn't every 'Eid btw, some 'eids, I'll make plans with my friends for the evenings.
    This is when the ladies of the family get together and do whatever ladies do when they get together.
    There is rest only in the aakhira.
    Man will rest in the aakhira according to how hard he strives in dunya.

- Khaalid Ibn Al Waleed (ra) -

If you find yourself in a time where speech is regarded as knowledge,
    and knowledge is regarded as deeds,
    then you are in the worst of times, with the worst of people.

- Abu Hazim Al Ashja'i (ra) -

I saw a dog without any clothes on .
    That's right, a nude dog.
    The Deepweb is disgusting.
    - Unknown -

Links
    The Middle Road - At-Tanzil - Hifz Thread - Muslim Healthy Living
    Inheritors of Qur'aan

Download Links

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quoted
    399 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by -Jibril- View Post
    I joked about this one time and now my youngest brother always gives me money in an envelope

They get to have fun and we get to see our relatives and friends, as well as eat good food without having to entertain the kids much cause the teenagers are with them.

In the evenings, me and my immediate family go out to a restaurant for food, or we'll drive upto to our place in Bournemouth and go to the beach there for a picnic.

This isn't every 'Eid btw, some 'eids, I'll make plans with my friends for the evenings.
    This is when the ladies of the family get together and do whatever ladies do when they get together.
    Sounds great especially the picnic by the beach

I need to buy some Eid balloons. But I think I'll wait till like a day before because my daughter has already found her Eid presents and has opened the neighbours Eid chocolate box :|

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quoted
    399 Post(s)

This past year I have been practising minimalism I've given away a lot of mine & my children's possessions and so for Eid I was kind of stuck as to what gifts to get. I have brought my daughter a scooter as she wanted one, & the Migo and Ali book and I've decided that for both my children I will plant one olive tree Feesabilillah. I will have their names on the plaque and a certificate will also come through the post. I hope to carry this on each year & document the certificates in a file then Insha Allah when they are older they can continue with it.

Thought I'd share in case some of you were stuck for Eid gifts

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quoted
    399 Post(s)

Any more Eid experiences? Was fun reading through everyone's!

Mentioned
    220 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2049 Post(s)

This past year I have been practising minimalism I've given away a lot of mine & my children's possessions and so for Eid I was kind of stuck as to what gifts to get. I have brought my daughter a scooter as she wanted one, & the Migo and Ali book and I've decided that for both my children I will plant one olive tree Feesabilillah. I will have their names on the plaque and a certificate will also come through the post. I hope to carry this on each year & document the certificates in a file then Insha Allah when they are older they can continue with it.

Thought I'd share in case some of you were stuck for Eid gifts
    buy some board games so you can play together, Like Jenga.
    ┳┻|
    ┳┻|⊂ノ
    ┻┳|

Mentioned
    220 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2049 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by -Jibril- View Post

I'm always jealous my nieces get more money than me
    ┳┻|
    ┳┻|⊂ノ
    ┻┳|

Account Disabled

Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3552 Post(s)

You erect an Eid Tree then you take them to see Abu Qlaws to ask him for presents and if they behave he'll arrive on his flying carpet led by camels one of which has a green nose to deliver presents on Eid eve. We also sing Eid carols 'n stuff it's quite beautiful really.

Odan
    Mentioned
    224 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2080 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abu Jarir View Post
    You erect an Eid Tree then you take them to see Abu Qlaws to ask him for presents and if they behave he'll arrive on his flying carpet led by camels one of which has a green nose to deliver presents on Eid eve. We also sing Eid carols 'n stuff it's quite beautiful really.
    Sounds quite beautiful. Especially, the flying carpet led by camels. I'd like one of those.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quoted
    377 Post(s)

??? And then u fell out of ur bed and woke up....

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quoted
    143 Post(s)

I am always thinking of what to do, so this is a nice thread to read.

So far our traditions have been doing crafts during Ramadan, and for Eid I always buy a few gifts mostly relating to Islam, age related books, I also did get her a south Asian doll wearing a salwar kameez to go with her Eid salwar kameez- last year I got her to make an Eid card for nursery as she attended on that day. She took some sweets in and shared with her class. Her nursery teachers also made moon and stars cookies and got the other children to make her an Eid card which was really nice MashaAllah she was the only muslim in the nursery so it really surprised me all their effort for her-thats also because as my family dont acknowledge the day (except my dad) and then they over board at Xmas even though I tell them not to. So getting her excited saying about Santa then getting annoyed when I told her there's no such thing and that family got all the gifts and to say thank you.

This new nursery so far she's not attended on Eid as last Eid al fitr she was visiting her dad- and we ended up not doing anything but eating biryani and she got a toy and it will the summer holidays for Eid al Adha inshaAllah. I am thinking to put decorations up if I can get some as she sees the decoration at Xmas as my family have them up so that will help get her excited as its only me and her celebrating Eid. If we move closer to a masjid in the future we will go there for Eid prayer inshaAllah.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

nice one

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quoted
    399 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Um_Saf View Post
    I am always thinking of what to do, so this is a nice thread to read.

So far our traditions have been doing crafts during Ramadan, and for Eid I always buy a few gifts mostly relating to Islam, age related books, I also did get her a south Asian doll wearing a salwar kameez to go with her Eid salwar kameez- last year I got her to make an Eid card for nursery as she attended on that day. She took some sweets in and shared with her class. Her nursery teachers also made moon and stars cookies and got the other children to make her an Eid card which was really nice MashaAllah she was the only muslim in the nursery so it really surprised me all their effort for her-thats also because as my family dont acknowledge the day (except my dad) and then they over board at Xmas even though I tell them not to. So getting her excited saying about Santa then getting annoyed when I told her there's no such thing and that family got all the gifts and to say thank you.

This new nursery so far she's not attended on Eid as last Eid al fitr she was visiting her dad- and we ended up not doing anything but eating biryani and she got a toy and it will the summer holidays for Eid al Adha inshaAllah. I am thinking to put decorations up if I can get some as she sees the decoration at Xmas as my family have them up so that will help get her excited as its only me and her celebrating Eid. If we move closer to a masjid in the future we will go there for Eid prayer inshaAllah.
    Aww sounds nice masha Allah. Wow that was really nice of the nursery to get involved

Not long left till Eid al adha Insha Allah. I'm not going to be doing presents for this Eid as I'm trying really hard to cut down on toys so I am thinking of a nice day out instead, maybe a safari park Insha Allah

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quoted
    143 Post(s)

I know sister I was really surprised at their efforts.

Oh a safari sounds since I've always fancied going to Knowsley safari part in UK. Sorry I dont know where you are based sister.
    If I could afford I was going to take to a theme park (flamingoland) as that has rides and an animal section but it looks likely we will just be going games/crafts at home for Eid al Adha Alhamdulillah.

I dont buy too many gifts for my daughter either personally however others buy too much, she also is given things throughout the year so toys aren't even special anymore sadly, she loves crafts and her most played with thing has been her wooden dolls house. I tend to stick with Islamic things as I'm the only one buying those things- mainly books and also clothes as they are needed anyway �� I was thinking something salah related for an Eid al adha gift as she's almost 4 at the end of the year and very interested in prayer Alhamdulillah maybe her own mat and prayer dress inshaAllah

I've just noticed with both have girls around the same age Alhamdulillah.

Wa Salaam

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quoted
    399 Post(s)

I'm in the UK too sis. I've never heard of flamingo land & Knowsley safari park but I googled it and it looks good! I think I need to venture out of the midlands lol.

My daughter loves her wooden dolls house too and also her little kitchen lol. (Let's hope she turns out to be a better cook than me!)

Islam related gifts are always a winner. Ibraheem toy house have this really cute personalised Prayer mat, I actually wouldn't mind one for myself lol. My daughter is going to be 4 in November Insha Allah she's also very interested in prayer alhamdulillah

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quoted
    143 Post(s)

Oh MashaAllah, happy I could suggest new places to you! I've never been to Knowsley but flamingoland is fab my daughter enjoyed it was year Alhamdulillah shes been saving her pennies to go again ��.

I think I need to get mine another kitchen because she loved her old one but it was plastic and ended up broken. (oh I hope mine is a better cook than me too- we have fairy cakes down haha)

Yeah I saw them when I was looking there are some beautiful mats MashaAllah. My daughter is 4 in November too!! Wow...

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quoted
    399 Post(s)

Wow lol subhanallah!!

I purchased a wooden toy kitchen from elc for £40 it was reduced from £100 and we've had it almost two years & it has been played with everyday. Well worth it. I really like the ikea ones but I ain't paying £30 to have it delivered!

yes will definitely need to take a trip to flamingo land it looks brilliant! Just a shame it's quite far from me

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quoted
    143 Post(s)

The toy kitchens are expensive! The one I bought was £30 reduced from £80? I think but there was a part missing when we first got it even ��. Wooden is definitely more hard wearing.

Yeah its very fair from us too we live quite far up north- last year my dad paid for us to stay in a caravan there for a weekend. So I've never done it in a day trip with her there so far. Maybe sometime this year since she's saving excitedly to go. I've been going regularly since I was a few month old �� it was my childhood holiday lol.

Combating Coconuts in UF
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quoted
    938 Post(s)

:lol

Eid concides with summer around here. I don't have kids, but I imagine I'd be doing the same thing if I do.

I'd probably go take them tubing in the lake, or take a short hike to maybe eye some wild mooses, wolves or bear..Rent a huge private cabin around those trails and lake and have an eid party in the cabin after tubing or hiking. If they get older, maybe take an AV trail.

Rent the cabin for a couple of days...

I just realized Canada is a huge country with small population. Province Iive in is much bigger than the UK and the population is 1.1 million 85% of those live in the city. .lol

Lots of wonderful open space.

If I don't engage with you or reply to any of your question, it's likely because I find you racist and a total waste of time.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quoted
    143 Post(s)

A cabin by a lake would be fun- what is tubing? Canada sounds amazing-very natural surroundings, you can ski in Canada too-though I assume not in summer! Canoeing on the lake would be great if you could do that. Lots of out door activities.

My grandad lived somewhere in Canada for a time in his twenties he said it was the best time in his life. He always told the story of how his friend broke their leg and all the friends donated blood so he could have a transfusion for free- for some reason that was one of the memories that stuck out for him. He always wanted to go back but sadly never got the chance to.

Combating Coconuts in UF
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quoted
    938 Post(s)

A cabin by a lake would be fun- what is tubing? Canada sounds amazing-very natural surroundings, you can ski in Canada too-though I assume not in summer! Canoeing on the lake would be great if you could do that. Lots of out door activities.

My grandad lived somewhere in Canada for a time in his twenties he said it was the best time in his life. He always told the story of how his friend broke their leg and all the friends donated blood so he could have a transfusion for free- for some reason that was one of the memories that stuck out for him. He always wanted to go back but sadly never got the chance to.
    It's basically riding on a tube while you get towed by a boat or ski..the kids do it here very often. Either, you get yourself a boat or a ski to do it. Never done it, but the kids enjoy it a lot.

I was told canoing is fun, but I've never tried canoing. I prefer to kayak and fish or just take a boat. yeah Skiing is very popular here, but it does take bravery to drive to skiing areas during the winter..The winter here can be brutal. I remeber driving from the main city to a smaller town and i thought I was gonna die. Winterstoms can be really scary and unpredictable. The summer here is fun..Super hot, but lots of fun. Usually city Kids just go tobogganing around the city. Lots of areas to go tobogganing in the winter.

yeah, Medical is mostly free in Canada. Most immigrants don't even have to worry about dental fees the first couple of years and even any family provided you make less than 30k a year... I don't qualify anymore but most new immigrants don't even have to pay that much to get a filling or cleaning.

But Canada is a huge country and situations differ depending on where you live. Allhamdulilah, where i live..Most things are affordable, good islamic community, never had to bother with hate from other people...Just generally a decent city to live in for any western muslim that just wants to practice the deen and not be bothered by other social issues.

Did your grandad tell you where in Canada?

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quoted
    143 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abdell View Post
    It's basically riding on a tube while you get towed by a boat or ski..the kids do it here very often. Either, you get yourself a boat or a ski to do it. Never done it, but the kids enjoy it a lot.

I was told canoing is fun, but I've never tried canoing. I prefer to kayak and fish or just take a boat. yeah Skiing is very popular here, but it does take bravery to drive to skiing areas during the winter..The winter here can be brutal. I remeber driving from the main city to a smaller town and i thought I was gonna die. Winterstoms can be really scary and unpredictable. The summer here is fun..Super hot, but lots of fun. Usually city Kids just go tobogganing around the city. Lots of areas to go tobogganing in the winter.

yeah, Medical is mostly free in Canada. Most immigrants don't even have to worry about dental fees the first couple of years and even any family provided you make less than 30k a year... I don't qualify anymore but most new immigrants don't even have to pay that much to get a filling or cleaning.

But Canada is a huge country and situations differ depending on where you live. Allhamdulilah, where i live..Most things are affordable, good islamic community, never had to bother with hate from other people...Just generally a decent city to live in for any western muslim that just wants to practice the deen and not be bothered by other social issues.

Did your grandad tell you where in Canada?
    Wait what is the difference between a kayak and a canoe? Maybe I've been kayaking and not canoeing....
    Oh like jet skiing but sitting on a tube instead?

I can imagine driving in winter is terrifying. Subhan'Allah I've seen the temperatures its gets to there from Tele text! I'm not confident going out in winter over here even. I've been skiing in Norway when I was at school it was amazing Alhamdulillah (mind that was 12years ago now).

Is the medical stuff free now? It must have been the 50's when my grandad was there so would have completely changed now. Am sure he has told me where it was he stayed but its been years now so I've forgotten.. something tells me Toronto but that could just be because its the most widely known place in Canada. I think Canada has a big muslim community MashaAllah dont they have a muslimfest event every year... Dont actually know what the Muslim fest is to be honest- just heard of it.

Wa Salaam

Combating Coconuts in UF
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quoted
    938 Post(s)

Wait what is the difference between a kayak and a canoe? Maybe I've been kayaking and not canoeing....
    Oh like jet skiing but sitting on a tube instead?

I can imagine driving in winter is terrifying. Subhan'Allah I've seen the temperatures its gets to there from Tele text! I'm not confident going out in winter over here even. I've been skiing in Norway when I was at school it was amazing Alhamdulillah (mind that was 12years ago now).

Is the medical stuff free now? It must have been the 50's when my grandad was there so would have completely changed now. Am sure he has told me where it was he stayed but its been years now so I've forgotten.. something tells me Toronto but that could just be because its the most widely known place in Canada. I think Canada has a big muslim community MashaAllah dont they have a muslimfest event every year... Dont actually know what the Muslim fest is to be honest- just heard of it.

Wa Salaam
    The difference is in design. Kayaks are built mostly for single or couple. It's built for speed and maneuverability. Yup, Kids love tubing around here. I see a lot of Americans visit in the summer to enjoy the summer in this province though, only about 3 hours drive from North Dakota.

I have no idea what a tele text is? Seriously, the only time you should worry about winter here is if you plan to go on a long drive, the city does a decent enough of a job to ensure roads are cleaned but sometimes witnersorms happen..But the houses are built for extreme winter..but who would do that in the winter? typically, it's December, January, Feb, and early march that you want to avoid long drives.

yeah, medical check ups are free, basic treatments are for free..Don't really have to pay for anything..

I broke my leg a few years ago, and I didn't pay a cent to get checked and be given treatment..Allhamdulilah, I am 100% back to health now.

No idea about Muslim fest..Maybe that's in Toronto. Hugh Muslim Population there..

Around here, there's a noticeable number of Muslims and there's always eid parties in various areas of the city...Also, lots of free games, and free programs. Very stable islamic community, Allhamdulilal...I know I said the Province is significantly larger than the UK, but the city is extremely small..You can probably visit all the 6 masjids in an hour and half maybe even less..

I involve myself in the main islamic center downtown and I see reverts there all the time..

We also have credited islamic schools from grades 1-6..it's a perfect place to get your daugther or son to practice and understand the deen at an early stage..

We also don't have to bother with some of the non-sense I hear brit and american Muslims suffer..

Although I would stay out of Quebec Canada..Some really conservative, racist people around there.

I see a lot of Brits in the city too..It seems like a lot of scots/ irish people have been moving to this provice the last 5 years or so...Noticeable in their accent.
    Last edited by Abdell; 10-08-17 at 09:23 PM.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quoted
    948 Post(s)

Whats tubbing

Also whats with your prime minister has someone been giving him dawah coz hes tryna intergrate lol

Combating Coconuts in UF
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quoted
    938 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abu julaybeeb View Post
    Whats tubbing

Also whats with your prime minister has someone been giving him dawah coz hes tryna intergrate lol
    I explainrd tubbing above.

He's just liberal. Kuffar politicians will do anything to stay in power and liberalism just happens to be more hip right now in canada.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quoted
    948 Post(s)

Oh lol thats tubbing quite fun i done it before
    Also done one where ur on a dinghy but it capsized in the ocean lucky i had a life jacket

Well hel probably get the moderate muslims to love him

Combating Coconuts in UF
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quoted
    938 Post(s)

Oh lol thats tubbing quite fun i done it before
    Also done one where ur on a dinghy but it capsized in the ocean lucky i had a life jacket

What's a dinghy?

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quoted
    310 Post(s)

They already do. Look how hard he's trying, https://www.thestar.com/amp/news/can...rak-socks.html

Disgrace.
    إن الصلاة تنهى عن الفحشاء والمنكر

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quoted
    143 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abdell View Post
    The difference is in design. Kayaks are built mostly for single or couple. It's built for speed and maneuverability. Yup, Kids love tubing around here. I see a lot of Americans visit in the summer to enjoy the summer in this province though, only about 3 hours drive from North Dakota.

I have no idea what a tele text is? Seriously, the only time you should worry about winter here is if you plan to go on a long drive, the city does a decent enough of a job to ensure roads are cleaned but sometimes witnersorms happen..But the houses are built for extreme winter..but who would do that in the winter? typically, it's December, January, Feb, and early march that you want to avoid long drives.

yeah, medical check ups are free, basic treatments are for free..Don't really have to pay for anything..

I broke my leg a few years ago, and I didn't pay a cent to get checked and be given treatment..Allhamdulilah, I am 100% back to health now.

No idea about Muslim fest..Maybe that's in Toronto. Hugh Muslim Population there..

Around here, there's a noticeable number of Muslims and there's always eid parties in various areas of the city...Also, lots of free games, and free programs. Very stable islamic community, Allhamdulilal...I know I said the Province is significantly larger than the UK, but the city is extremely small..You can probably visit all the 6 masjids in an hour and half maybe even less..

I involve myself in the main islamic center downtown and I see reverts there all the time..

We also have credited islamic schools from grades 1-6..it's a perfect place to get your daugther or son to practice and understand the deen at an early stage..

We also don't have to bother with some of the non-sense I hear brit and american Muslims suffer..

Although I would stay out of Quebec Canada..Some really conservative, racist people around there.

I see a lot of Brits in the city too..It seems like a lot of scots/ irish people have been moving to this provice the last 5 years or so...Noticeable in their accent.
    Maybe I've been kayaking I didn't realise there was a difference. Does sound fun.

Teletext is something hardly anyone uses now I think you bring something up on the Tv that gives you information now most people use internet but my grandad used teletext to look at the weather in Canada lol.

Thats good Alhamdulilla that healthcare is free in Canada its such a basic need.
    I don't know what muslimfest entails I've just saw it advertised online I think-assumed it must be a popular event in Canada I think it was advertised as being in Toronto

MashaAllah that your so involved in your local community I am too far currently but I think the bigger cities also have the Islamic education schools here too. I think that immigrating country is a popular option for people regardless of home county so am sure there are lots of expats- alot of Brits seem to love Australia as a destination to move to maybe the fast landscape of Canada attracts people from this tiny island. There's racist people all over the globe unfortunately but nice to be told which areas of the globe to best avoid these people ��

Wa Salaam