Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Ads by Muslim Ad Network


Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 41 to 80 of 83
  1. #1
    Forgive me please patient believer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Gender
    Girl Female
    Posts
    7,887
    Mentioned
    346 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2728 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    488

    names for girls >


    Can you suggest beautiful names for a baby girl please?
    So far I have Ubax which means flower and Balqisa .
    Any suggestions ?
    Ya Allah,
    Make me a stronger person today. Make me a better person out of all these. It is no longer bearable for me for my heart is aching and You are the only One who knows how I feel. Nothing is making sense to myself and for anyone else for that matter especially to the one person I wish to understand me better than anybody else.
    "Don't use the sharpness of your tongue on the mother who taught you how to speak

  2. #41
    Senior Member MuslimThinker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    797
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quoted
    277 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    57

    Re: names for girls >

    Quote Originally Posted by patient believer View Post

    Can you suggest beautiful names for a baby girl please?
    So far I have Ubax which means flower and Balqisa .
    Any suggestions ?
    The thing with common names is that once the girl enters a class and the teacher calls them , and there's 2 or more of them, there will always a need to identify which one in particular.
    But there's no really a good reason not to use the common name either.
    Maybe add a name before or after it perhaps that has meaning when translated if possible/if want to.

    So now the young parents want to differentiate by giving unique names.
    Which imo is at times really hard to pronounce. Seriously.

    I've always liked the name Aishah.
    So Im going to reserve that one perhaps InshaAllah.

  3. #42
    king Julien XIII itsgiise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    391
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quoted
    289 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    22

    Re: names for girls >

    Quote Originally Posted by patient believer View Post
    That must be your name .
    I wish.

    On a more serious note. I would say Asiya. Xaawo, Xabiibo, Sacdiyo, Saceedo, Fardowsa.

    I'm assuming you want islamic names that are common in somalia right.


    P.s Dhul-qarnayn is an amaxing name, you should try calling her that, even as a nickname.

  4. #43
    Not a bro. islamuslim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Gender
    Girl Unspecified
    Posts
    2,512
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quoted
    305 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    110

    Re: names for girls >

    Isn't Dhul qarnayn a males name

    Huda
    Jannah
    Buthayna
    إن الصلاة تنهى عن الفحشاء والمنكر

  5. #44
    super-taster ابن مرة's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    1,000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    537 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    90

    Re: names for girls >

    Ghaida, Salma. Beautiful names of my grandmothers, may Allah have mercy on them.

    Sakeenah (tranquility)
    Last edited by ابن مرة; 17-06-17 at 05:53 PM.

  6. #45
    New Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    29
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    7

    Re: names for girls >

    Quote Originally Posted by patient believer View Post
    to both you.Those are beautiful names.I'll let everyone know what the mother wants.
    Have they decided on a name?
    “You do not do evil to those who do evil to you, but you deal with them with forgiveness and kindness." Sahih al Bukhari

  7. #46
    Odan
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    34,404
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quoted
    628 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    694

    Re: names for girls >

    Maybe someone can explain this but what is the deal with wanting un-common names?
    I'm not gonna knock the people that do it, but i just find it kinda weird.

  8. #47
    Senior Member MuslimThinker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    797
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quoted
    277 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    57

    Re: names for girls >

    Quote Originally Posted by Mikha’eel View Post
    Maybe someone can explain this but what is the deal with wanting un-common names?
    I'm not gonna knock the people that do it, but i just find it kinda weird.
    Maybe it sounds cool for some.
    Wanting to be unique and different etc.
    the new generation, they want new names.

    I googled and found this thread. Got some example of names inside.
    http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthrea...-islamic-names

  9. #48
    Forgive me please patient believer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Gender
    Girl Female
    Posts
    7,887
    Mentioned
    346 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2728 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    488

    Re: names for girls >

    Quote Originally Posted by Ibn Warsame View Post
    Have they decided on a name?
    Yes they have decided to name her Hadiyah mashaAllah. I have suggested most of the names you listed actually because I liked most of them.
    :jkk everyone I appreciate all your efforts .
    Ya Allah,
    Make me a stronger person today. Make me a better person out of all these. It is no longer bearable for me for my heart is aching and You are the only One who knows how I feel. Nothing is making sense to myself and for anyone else for that matter especially to the one person I wish to understand me better than anybody else.
    "Don't use the sharpness of your tongue on the mother who taught you how to speak

  10. #49
    التبع اليماني obaid_m's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    5,526
    Mentioned
    192 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3349 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    201

    names for girls >

    Sorry but, the name is already taken, please pick Hadiyah1234 or Hadiyah_thethrid
    “Have you seen he who has taken as his god his [own] desire, and Allah has sent him astray due to knowledge and has set a seal upon his hearing and his heart and put over his vision a veil? So who will guide him after Allah ? Then will you not be reminded? And they say, “There is not but our worldly life; we die and live, and nothing destroys us except time.” And they have of that no knowledge; they are only assuming.” Quran 45:23-24

  11. #50
    Forgive me please patient believer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Gender
    Girl Female
    Posts
    7,887
    Mentioned
    346 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2728 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    488

    Re: names for girls >

    Quote Originally Posted by obaid_m View Post
    Sorry but, the name is already taken, please pick Hadiyah1234 or Hadiyah_thethrid
    okay
    Thanks for the notice, we must change it immedietly to Xerxes Yancy Zeuhammicbanana
    Ya Allah,
    Make me a stronger person today. Make me a better person out of all these. It is no longer bearable for me for my heart is aching and You are the only One who knows how I feel. Nothing is making sense to myself and for anyone else for that matter especially to the one person I wish to understand me better than anybody else.
    "Don't use the sharpness of your tongue on the mother who taught you how to speak

  12. #51
    التبع اليماني obaid_m's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    5,526
    Mentioned
    192 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3349 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    201

    Re: names for girls >

    Quote Originally Posted by patient believer View Post
    okay
    Thanks for the notice, we must change it immedietly to Xerxes Yancy Zeuhammicbanana
    Good choice
    “Have you seen he who has taken as his god his [own] desire, and Allah has sent him astray due to knowledge and has set a seal upon his hearing and his heart and put over his vision a veil? So who will guide him after Allah ? Then will you not be reminded? And they say, “There is not but our worldly life; we die and live, and nothing destroys us except time.” And they have of that no knowledge; they are only assuming.” Quran 45:23-24

  13. #52
    Senior Member MuslimThinker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    797
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quoted
    277 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    57

    Re: names for girls >

    Quote Originally Posted by patient believer View Post
    Yes they have decided to name her Hadiyah mashaAllah. I have suggested most of the names you listed actually because I liked most of them.
    :jkk everyone I appreciate all your efforts .

    Quote Originally Posted by obaid_m View Post
    Sorry but, the name is already taken, please pick Hadiyah1234 or Hadiyah_thethrid

    Quote Originally Posted by patient believer View Post
    okay
    Thanks for the notice, we must change it immedietly to Xerxes Yancy Zeuhammicbanana

    Quote Originally Posted by obaid_m View Post
    Good choice

    Lol you 2.

  14. #53
    New Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    8
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    1

    Re: names for girls >

    take from the wife of the Prophet Muhammad
    muslimdakwah

  15. #54
    Odan
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Gender
    Girl Female
    Posts
    1,919
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1111 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    132

    Re: names for girls >

    It is reported in a hadith that the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) said, "You will be called on the Day of Resurrection by your names and the names of your fathers, so have good names." (Reported by Abu Dawud)

    Somehow, I've been thinking boys names,lol.
    But, I would said some names around Prophet Muhammed SAW household. Naturally, I have to speak her abu. Maryam mother of Isa AS name is beautiful. ma sha Allah.

  16. #55
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Gender
    Girl Female
    Posts
    148
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    91 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    4

    Re: names for girls >

    I wouldn't want to call my kid something that when I call their name a bunch of people turn around to respond to it. Nothing wrong with the names Mariam, Fatima, Mohamad, Ahmad, and Ali, they are very beautiful names but so many people are named that. I wouldn't name my kid something weird though but I would want a less common name.

  17. #56
    Senior Member MuslimThinker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    797
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quoted
    277 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    57

    Re: names for girls >

    Quote Originally Posted by aelmo View Post
    I wouldn't want to call my kid something that when I call their name a bunch of people turn around to respond to it. Nothing wrong with the names Mariam, Fatima, Mohamad, Ahmad, and Ali, they are very beautiful names but so many people are named that. I wouldn't name my kid something weird though but I would want a less common name.
    I had the same thinking too. It can be confusing too. So these are things to be considered.
    Perhaps a second name on top of the common name, to differentiate.

    Tell me about, it some even have 3rd names , so its really looong full name.

  18. #57
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Gender
    Girl Female
    Posts
    148
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    91 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    4

    Re: names for girls >

    Quote Originally Posted by MuslimThinker View Post
    I had the same thinking too. It can be confusing too. So these are things to be considered.
    Perhaps a second name on top of the common name, to differentiate.

    Tell me about, it some even have 3rd names , so its really looong full name.
    Honestly, I think that your name is such an important part of your identity and when there are so many people with your name you get lumped together with them. I work in a school and ever class list has at least 5 mariams or mohamads in it. We don't even call them by there first name anymore, we go by the last name. Or they become Mariam 1, Mariam 2 and so on.

  19. #58
    Not a bro. islamuslim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Gender
    Girl Unspecified
    Posts
    2,512
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quoted
    305 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    110

    Re: names for girls >

    Mom wants to name the coming baby Moosa but baba's saying 3eesa. Funny thing is my 2 yo brother can say 3eesa with a perfect 3ayn but says Moosa as poosha.
    إن الصلاة تنهى عن الفحشاء والمنكر

  20. #59
    Abu Awesome
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    19,177
    Mentioned
    227 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3303 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    511

    Re: names for girls >

    John Cena
    They say good things come to those who wait, so imma be at least an hour late

  21. #60
    Odan
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Gender
    Girl Female
    Posts
    1,919
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1111 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    132

    Re: names for girls >

    Quote Originally Posted by islamuslim View Post
    Mom wants to name the coming baby Moosa but baba's saying 3eesa. Funny thing is my 2 yo brother can say 3eesa with a perfect 3ayn but says Moosa as poosha.
    Maybe, they should give 2nd name also, so both parties are happy. Ma sha Allah, Moosa is beautiful name.

  22. #61
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Gender
    Girl Female
    Posts
    148
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    91 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    4

    Re: names for girls >

    Quote Originally Posted by ibzy View Post
    John Cena
    Her first words: "The champ is here!"

  23. #62
    Abu Awesome
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    19,177
    Mentioned
    227 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3303 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    511

    Re: names for girls >

    Quote Originally Posted by aelmo View Post
    Her first words: "The champ is here!"
    eyyyyyyyyyy
    They say good things come to those who wait, so imma be at least an hour late

  24. #63
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    182
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    87 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    8

    Re: names for girls >

    Ittaqullah (Fear Allah (SWT)
    It doesn't matter what you think is good for them, its what you do to please Allah that will eventually turn out as barakah for them.
    What is the point of naming someone exotic rare names but their whole life is a mess because their parents didn't have taqwa, committed shirk etc and their daughter turned out to be just like them.
    On the contrary think of all the fatimahs born on the globe where Allah (swt) and His messenger was pleased with their parents because they cared enough to name their daughter after the 4 best ladies of the ummah and the baby started their life with barakah. Any act to please Allah (SWT) will be rewarded even if it is the weight of a pea, as quoted from various ayah of the Qur'an.
    A true believer prioritizes what Allah (swt) likes over what they like. Don't be the fake muslim who wants to put on makeup/cakeface to hide her real true face to please the whole world including non mahrams, rather than pleasing Allah (swt).


    Quote Originally Posted by aelmo View Post
    I wouldn't want to call my kid something that when I call their name a bunch of people turn around to respond to it. Nothing wrong with the names Mariam, Fatima, Mohamad, Ahmad, and Ali, they are very beautiful names but so many people are named that. I wouldn't name my kid something weird though but I would want a less common name.
    Ask yourself why you were created. Do not let society distract you from seeking the truth.
    Sahih International, 63:3 (Surah Al-Munafiqun)
    That is because they believed, and then they disbelieved; so their hearts were sealed over, and they do not understand.

  25. #64
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Gender
    Girl Female
    Posts
    148
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    91 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    4

    Re: names for girls >

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Blitz View Post
    Ittaqullah (Fear Allah (SWT)
    It doesn't matter what you think is good for them, its what you do to please Allah that will eventually turn out as barakah for them.
    What is the point of naming someone exotic rare names but their whole life is a mess because their parents didn't have taqwa, committed shirk etc and their daughter turned out to be just like them.
    On the contrary think of all the fatimahs born on the globe where Allah (swt) and His messenger was pleased with their parents because they cared enough to name their daughter after the 4 best ladies of the ummah and the baby started their life with barakah. Any act to please Allah (SWT) will be rewarded even if it is the weight of a pea, as quoted from various ayah of the Qur'an.
    A true believer prioritizes what Allah (swt) likes over what they like. Don't be the fake muslim who wants to put on makeup/cakeface to hide her real true face to please the whole world including non mahrams, rather than pleasing Allah (swt).
    I didn't say that I wanted to name my kids rare and exotic names, just not typical names. Its not very nice of you to claim that I am too faced just because of the way I want to name my future unborn children. You are making assumptions about me even though you don't even know me. I never said the typical names were bad names, I just live in a place where those name are extremely common and its rare to meet someone without them. My name isn't a typical name that I hear very often but it is still an arabic name with religious implications attatched to it. Is my name not as good just because its not fatima? You don't know the names I like. I said in my origional post that they would not be weird. They are nice arabic names.

    Also why do you assume that I would raise terrible children because I gave them unique names? The name doesn't determine how the child will end up like.
    Last edited by aelmo; 28-09-17 at 08:11 PM.

  26. #65
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    182
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    87 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    8

    Re: names for girls >

    I did not launch a personal attack as u claim. Ittakullah doesn't mean u are two faced. Even the ones promised Jannah sought constant forgiveness. I'm sure u have not been promised Jannah yet. Furthermore you seem to have failed to understand what I said. And instead went off on a long explanation just like u did on my other post that addresses everything except my original point. I sense OCD (not a personal attack, just a superficial diagnosis, for your own future)

    Perhaps someone else will read my post and benefit from it.

    And to answer your question, say eg your name is Sumaya, less common than Fatimah. If one were to chose between the two names and loved RasulAllah (SWAS) so much to sacrifice enough they would name the baby Fatimah rather than Sumaya, because Fatimah would signify greater love for the Messenger (pbuh) than Sumaya. Why, explanation is given in my original post.

    Thnks

    Quote Originally Posted by aelmo View Post
    I didn't say that I wanted to name my kids rare and exotic names, just not typical names. Its not very nice of you to claim that I am too faced just because of the way I want to name my future unborn children. You are making assumptions about me even though you don't even know me. I never said the typical names were bad names, I just live in a place where those name are extremely common and its rare to meet someone without them. My name isn't a typical name that I hear very often but it is still an arabic name with religious implications attatched to it. Is my name not as good just because its not fatima? You don't know the names I like. I said in my origional post that they would not be weird. They are nice arabic names.
    Ask yourself why you were created. Do not let society distract you from seeking the truth.
    Sahih International, 63:3 (Surah Al-Munafiqun)
    That is because they believed, and then they disbelieved; so their hearts were sealed over, and they do not understand.

  27. #66
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Gender
    Girl Female
    Posts
    148
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    91 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    4

    Re: names for girls >

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Blitz View Post
    I did not launch a personal attack as u claim. Ittakullah doesn't mean u are two faced. Even the ones promised Jannah sought constant forgiveness. I'm sure u have not been promised Jannah yet. Furthermore you seem to have failed to understand what I said. And instead went off on a long explanation just like u did on my other post that addresses everything except my original point. I sense OCD (not a personal attack, just a superficial diagnosis, for your own future)

    Perhaps someone else will read my post and benefit from it.

    And to answer your question, say eg your name is Sumaya, less common than Fatimah. If one were to chose between the two names and loved RasulAllah (SWAS) so much to sacrifice enough they would name the baby Fatimah rather than Sumaya, because Fatimah would signify greater love for the Messenger (pbuh) than Sumaya. Why, explanation is given in my original post.

    Thnks
    If you wanted to say that then you should have just made it a general comment and not attatch it to mine.
    Whatever, I am not going to get all flustered about this. You have your opinion and I respect that.
    Asalm O alakum

  28. #67
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    182
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    87 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    8

    Re: names for girls >

    I wanted u to see via the notification. Its not really an opinion I'm just quoting daleel that says every act done to please Allah (swt) and His messenger will be accounted for. Again, your OCD is interfering with your comprehension, like always. Maassalama.

    Quote Originally Posted by aelmo View Post
    If you wanted to say that then you should have just made it a general comment and not attatch it to mine.
    Whatever, I am not going to get all flustered about this. You have your opinion and I respect that.
    Asalm O alakum
    Ask yourself why you were created. Do not let society distract you from seeking the truth.
    Sahih International, 63:3 (Surah Al-Munafiqun)
    That is because they believed, and then they disbelieved; so their hearts were sealed over, and they do not understand.

  29. #68
    Forgive me please patient believer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Gender
    Girl Female
    Posts
    7,887
    Mentioned
    346 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2728 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    488

    Re: names for girls >

    I want to name my daughter jolene is that okay ?
    Ya Allah,
    Make me a stronger person today. Make me a better person out of all these. It is no longer bearable for me for my heart is aching and You are the only One who knows how I feel. Nothing is making sense to myself and for anyone else for that matter especially to the one person I wish to understand me better than anybody else.
    "Don't use the sharpness of your tongue on the mother who taught you how to speak

  30. #69
    Not a bro. islamuslim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Gender
    Girl Unspecified
    Posts
    2,512
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quoted
    305 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    110

    Re: names for girls >

    Quote Originally Posted by uccello verde View Post
    Maybe, they should give 2nd name also, so both parties are happy. Ma sha Allah, Moosa is beautiful name.
    Lol that could get confusing. Mama said we might do a draw but we did that for my sister's name and still changed it like 3 times.
    إن الصلاة تنهى عن الفحشاء والمنكر

  31. #70
    Odan
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Gender
    Girl Female
    Posts
    1,919
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1111 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    132

    Re: names for girls >

    Quote Originally Posted by islamuslim View Post
    Lol that could get confusing. Mama said we might do a draw but we did that for my sister's name and still changed it like 3 times.
    I know family, where they end given for son 3 names. Dad wanted one, mum had her own and some other family member got to give input. lol
    Funny think is, they call it him by mum's given name....Women do get their ways. (it was 2nd name,lol)

  32. #71
    Senior Member MuslimThinker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    797
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quoted
    277 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    57

    Re: names for girls >

    Quote Originally Posted by patient believer View Post
    I want to name my daughter jolene is that okay ?

    jolene?
    I don't think its recommended.
    But whether its permissible or not, its another matter.

  33. #72
    Odan
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Gender
    Girl Female
    Posts
    3,404
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quoted
    542 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    125

    Re: names for girls >

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Blitz View Post
    Ittaqullah (Fear Allah (SWT)
    It doesn't matter what you think is good for them, its what you do to please Allah that will eventually turn out as barakah for them.
    What is the point of naming someone exotic rare names but their whole life is a mess because their parents didn't have taqwa, committed shirk etc and their daughter turned out to be just like them.
    On the contrary think of all the fatimahs born on the globe where Allah (swt) and His messenger was pleased with their parents because they cared enough to name their daughter after the 4 best ladies of the ummah and the baby started their life with barakah. Any act to please Allah (SWT) will be rewarded even if it is the weight of a pea, as quoted from various ayah of the Qur'an.
    A true believer prioritizes what Allah (swt) likes over what they like. Don't be the fake muslim who wants to put on makeup/cakeface to hide her real true face to please the whole world including non mahrams, rather than pleasing Allah (swt).
    Although your intention is right do realize Islam only tells us to give a name with good meaning, whether that name is Arabic, Urdu, Somalian, English, Chinese... As long as the name has good meaning, there is no restriction. Lot of non-Arabic people give Arabic name thinking that's the only Islamic name they can give only to make it really hard to pronounce in their native language & half of the people say it wrong. There are many kids with nobel names such as Mariam, Fatima, Mohammed..etc that have gone astray. There is no guarantee that naming after prophet will give a person prophet quality.

  34. #73
    Abu Awesome
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    19,177
    Mentioned
    227 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3303 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    511

    Re: names for girls >

    Addison Lee
    They say good things come to those who wait, so imma be at least an hour late

  35. #74
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    182
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    87 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    8

    Re: names for girls >

    Ya ukhti,

    I didn't imply Arabic names are better than non arabs. I meant the intention behind giving the name is far superior than eg finding a name that's cool.

    So eg if one names their child to please Allah (swt) and His messenger (swas) it is better than a name that one thinks of only coz it sounds unique/cool.

    And Allah (swt) knows best.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kya View Post
    Although your intention is right do realize Islam only tells us to give a name with good meaning, whether that name is Arabic, Urdu, Somalian, English, Chinese... As long as the name has good meaning, there is no restriction. Lot of non-Arabic people give Arabic name thinking that's the only Islamic name they can give only to make it really hard to pronounce in their native language & half of the people say it wrong. There are many kids with nobel names such as Mariam, Fatima, Mohammed..etc that have gone astray. There is no guarantee that naming after prophet will give a person prophet quality.
    Ask yourself why you were created. Do not let society distract you from seeking the truth.
    Sahih International, 63:3 (Surah Al-Munafiqun)
    That is because they believed, and then they disbelieved; so their hearts were sealed over, and they do not understand.

  36. #75
    Repenting...Failing ! _Sinner_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    539
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    28

    Re: names for girls >



    I have been searching for this topic. I believe its OK if i ask question in this post... as I also wanna know girl names but starting with S.

    I searched many. Someone else can benefit from it as well. Among uncommon, I liked a few (with 'S' of course) ;

    Sophia
    Shahira (is it name right ? Shahir is Prophet (pbuh) name)
    Sumayyah
    Shamnzay
    Saalifah (means Previous, Last )
    Shumaysah (She was narrator of Hadiths)
    Sitwat
    Safeerah (Messenger)

    Please suggest other names or about these as well...

    Every Saint has a Past ...

    Every Sinner has a Future ...

  37. #76
    Repenting...Failing ! _Sinner_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    539
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    28

    Re: names for girls >

    Shaheera (is it name right ? Shaheer is Prophet (pbuh) name)

    Quote Originally Posted by _Sinner_ View Post


    I have been searching for this topic. I believe its OK if i ask question in this post... as I also wanna know girl names but starting with S.

    I searched many. Someone else can benefit from it as well. Among uncommon, I liked a few (with 'S' of course) ;

    Sophia
    Shahira (is it name right ? Shahir is Prophet (pbuh) name)
    Sumayyah
    Shamnzay
    Saalifah (means Previous, Last )
    Shumaysah (She was narrator of Hadiths)
    Sitwat
    Safeerah (Messenger)

    Please suggest other names or about these as well...

    Every Saint has a Past ...

    Every Sinner has a Future ...

  38. #77
    Repenting...Failing ! _Sinner_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    539
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    28

    Re: names for girls >

    Anyone ?


    Every Saint has a Past ...

    Every Sinner has a Future ...

  39. #78
    Sky Lark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Gender
    Girl Female
    Posts
    16,527
    Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2687 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    773

    Re: names for girls >

    Quote Originally Posted by _Sinner_ View Post
    Shaheera (is it name right ? Shaheer is Prophet (pbuh) name)
    Okay I dont know if it is the Prophet's name - never heard that before, but it does sound a nice name, meaning along the lines of 'well-known' and 'distinguished'.

    Sa'diyah is nice also, and Sa'eeda, Saudah.
    “Mix with the noble people, you become one of them; and keep away from evil people so that you protect yourself from their evils.”


    Hadhrat Ali (Radiallahu anhu)


  40. #79
    Senior Member MuslimThinker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    797
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quoted
    277 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    57

    Re: names for girls >

    Quote Originally Posted by _Sinner_ View Post
    Anyone ?


    Shifa
    I suddenly remembered of this while trying to think of a name starting with letter s.
    now that i remember also i have suggested this as part of a name for a company name or so for someone who wanted to start some local business in islamic products in healing or something, lol. So this is 2nd time mention.

    Before this actually i wanted to recommend another name , but its accustomed or related to my community race. (Because its a really common name) so I thought no, I can't give that.

  41. #80
    Sky Lark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Gender
    Girl Female
    Posts
    16,527
    Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2687 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    773

    Re: names for girls >

    Also Shaaziya is nice.
    “Mix with the noble people, you become one of them; and keep away from evil people so that you protect yourself from their evils.”


    Hadhrat Ali (Radiallahu anhu)


 

 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT. The time now is 02:26 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.2
Copyright © 2017 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.2.7 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Skin By: PurevB.com

MPADC.com Islamic Web Hosting | Muslim Ad Network | Islamic Nasheeds | Islamic Mobile App Developement Android & iPhone | Islamic Web Hosting : Muslim Designers : Labbayk Nasheeds : silk route jilbab: Hijab: : Web Islamic Newsletter: Islamic Web Hosting

Students of Arabic Forum | Hijab Shop