Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Quoted
    947 Post(s)

Quran memorization project #2

after that last project crashed miserably, I decided to try something else. This time only people who are serious about memorizing the quran, and who are able to memorize at least half a page a day. Also only reply if you log in enough to keep up with the project. I prefer not memorizing in order but might consider otherwise.
    Allah sent down his tranquillity upon him and supported him with angels you did not see and made the word of those who disbelieved the lowest, while the word of Allah - that is the highest. And Allah is Exalted in Might and Wise.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    374 Post(s)

Re: Quran memorization project #2

Assalamu alaykum

I'm down for for the project Insha Allah. Are we starting after ramadhan? This thread is a sign for me lol because as I was doing the dishes I thought I really want to do hifdh but I can't find a teacher and then I come online and see this thread, subhanallah
    Last edited by Layla_; 11-06-17 at 10:29 PM.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Quoted
    947 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Layla_ View Post
    Assalamu alaykum

I'm down for for the project Insha Allah. Are we starting after ramadhan? This thread is a sign for me lol because as I was doing the dishes I thought I really want to do hifdh but I can't find a teacher and then I come online and see this thread, subhanallah
    nice. But I'm not a teacher I'm just looking for other people for motivational purposes. looks like its just us two so are you okay with going out of order or do you prefer a different way?
    We don't have to start after ramadan but we can too
    Allah sent down his tranquillity upon him and supported him with angels you did not see and made the word of those who disbelieved the lowest, while the word of Allah - that is the highest. And Allah is Exalted in Might and Wise.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    374 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hadmatter View Post
    nice. But I'm not a teacher I'm just looking for other people for motivational purposes. looks like its just us two so are you okay with going out of order or do you prefer a different way?
    We don't have to start after ramadan but we can too
    Yeah no worries having a motivational person online is the next best thing. Im ok with going out of order. I was reading that a good way to start is dividing the Quran into 3 and start off by memorising juzz 28,29 & 30 (or just 29 & 30) then Surah al kahf till juzz 28 and then finally Surah al baqarah till al kahf. Sounds like a good plan but I'm completely open with whatever you want to do. Im a beginner btw but I will give this my all Insha Allah

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Quoted
    947 Post(s)

Yeah no worries having a motivational person online is the next best thing. Im ok with going out of order. I was reading that a good way to start is dividing the Quran into 3 and start off by memorising juzz 28,29 & 30 (or just 29 & 30) then Surah al kahf till juzz 28 and then finally Surah al baqarah till al kahf. Sounds like a good plan but I'm completely open with whatever you want to do. Im a beginner btw but I will give this my all Insha Allah
    That sounds good too I would consider doing it but the reason I like to do it out of order is because there isn't any of that pressure or rush to get to the next juz.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    374 Post(s)

That sounds good too I would consider doing it but the reason I like to do it out of order is because there isn't any of that pressure or rush to get to the next juz.
    Yes true that. Let's do it in a random order Insha Allah I think that will motivate me more anyway because I want to learn some of the popular surahs first anyway

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Quoted
    947 Post(s)

Yes true that. Let's do it in a random order Insha Allah I think that will motivate me more anyway because I want to learn some of the popular surahs first anyway
    you can pick the first one + the allotted time

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    374 Post(s)

Sorry I just seen this now

Can we start the week after Eid please? Let's say the 1st of July how does that sound? How about we start with Surah al Kahf or is that too ambitious?

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Quoted
    947 Post(s)

Sorry I just seen this now

Can we start the week after Eid please? Let's say the 1st of July how does that sound? How about we start with Surah al Kahf or is that too ambitious?
    sure, I wanted to revise juz amma and tabarak anyway

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    374 Post(s)

sure, I wanted to revise juz amma and tabarak anyway
    Oki dokes

So we'll start on the first Insha Allah. Just remind me closer to the time and keep quoting me on here if I don't reply because I don't know why I missed your post earlier

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quoted
    281 Post(s)

@hadmatter salaam alaykum is this still going?
    إن الصلاة تنهى عن الفحشاء والمنكر

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Quoted
    947 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by islamuslim View Post
    @hadmatter salaam alaykum is this still going?
    sorry. You can start without me, I'll join in later

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Quoted
    947 Post(s)

So no one started.

just forget the project then I have a feeling we'd have nonstop delays if the start is this bad :/