Thread: "Forum Scholar"

90279-054
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quoted
    359 Post(s)

"Forum Scholar"

As-Salaamu Alaykum,

One issue that has come up is that now there is a "forum scholar" named Abu Mus'ab and apparently some members feel that only this person should be allowed to discuss legal issues.

Keep in mind, I have been a member of this forum for over 13 years.

Is this an actual forum rule now?

If so, how does a member go about getting "qualified" by the administration to be deemed capable of discussing legal issues?

Can a member be banned for discussing legal issues without being deemed as "qualified" by the administration?

Thank you.

Mentioned
    194 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5057 Post(s)

Re: "Forum Scholar"

Quote Originally Posted by AbuNajm View Post
    As-Salaamu Alaykum,

One issue that has come up is that now there is a "forum scholar" named Abu Mus'ab and apparently some members feel that only this person should be allowed to discuss legal issues.

If so, how does a member go about getting "qualified" by the administration to be deemed capable of discussing legal issues?

Can a member be banned for discussing legal issues without being deemed as "qualified" by the administration?

Thank you.
    وعليكم السلام والرحمة الله وبركاته

I think you misunderstood the whole point of not speaking without knowledge completely,

It was a general reminder that we as laymen should know our limits and refrain from giving our own 2 cents on issues like Fiqh,

As far as I'm aware Abu Musab is the only qualified Alim on this forum, if you are one too then your the second one​ on This Forum of Allah عز و جل knows how many members,

Last edited by Saif-Uddin; 07-06-17 at 03:31 PM.
    http://www.ilovepalestine.com/campai...imesinGaza.gif

"It does not befit the lion to answer the dogs."

– Imam al-Shafi’i (Rahimahullah)

Mentioned
    650 Post(s)
    Quoted
    8002 Post(s)

AbuNajm what made you log in after all of these years of inactivity? How did you even remember your password or email address with which you registered on this forum?

AbuNajm you are a mystery. AbuNajm you have baffled us.

Mentioned
    194 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5057 Post(s)

2003?

I just noticed,

That's before my time,

I thought the all the oldies, left

Lol, no offence akhi AbuNajm

90279-054
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quoted
    359 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Morose View Post
    AbuNajm what made you log in after all of these years of inactivity? How did you even remember your password or email address with which you registered on this forum?

AbuNajm you are a mystery. AbuNajm you have baffled us.
    It wasn't longer than a year or so since my last activity. As for details for the log-in, I like to keep mine simple. I've had the same on-line name since I began participating online in Muslim forums in the late 90's.

I get busy on projects and translations so there are usually stretches of time when I don't participate much online.

Odan
    Mentioned
    224 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2077 Post(s)

@AbuNajm - you've had sister 'Aafia Siddiqui's prison number as your user title since 2003?

90279-054
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quoted
    359 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Indefinable View Post
    @AbuNajm - you've had sister 'Aafia Siddiqui's prison number as your user title since 2003?
    No, I haven't. I might have had brother Tarek's before that.

May Allah AWJ free our sister and grant her patience. Her and all our brothers and sisters wrongfully imprisoned. Ameen.

Odan
    Mentioned
    224 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2077 Post(s)

May Allah AWJ free our sister and grant her patience. Her and all our brothers and sisters wrongfully imprisoned. Ameen.
    Ameen.

90279-054
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quoted
    359 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Saif-Uddin View Post
    وعليكم السلام والرحمة الله وبركاته

I think you misunderstood the whole point of not speaking without knowledge completely,

It was a general reminder that we as laymen should know our limits and refrain from giving our own 2 cents on issues like Fiqh,

As far as I'm aware Abu Musab is the only qualified Alim on this forum, if you are one too then your the second one​ on This Forum of Allah عز و جل knows how many members,

I apologize for the misunderstanding.

وأنتَ فجزاكَ الله خيراً

I would never refer to myself as an "Aalim" or "scholar", even if others thought I qualified as one.

Mentioned
    194 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5057 Post(s)

I apologize for the misunderstanding.

وأنتَ فجزاكَ الله خيراً

I would never refer to myself as an "Aalim" or "scholar", even if others thought I qualified as one.
    No harm done akhi, yeah the good shuyookh don't go round boasting about themselves,

You joined 2003?!!!

You must be one of the oldest members,

Odan
    Mentioned
    224 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2077 Post(s)

Check this thread In Sha Allaah http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthrea...slim-Prisoners

By the way - Sister 'Aafia disappeared in 2003 until 2008, she was found and later sentenced in 2010.

You were on Islamic Awakening Forums? Your username is familiar.

Mentioned
    337 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3516 Post(s)

As-Salaamu Alaykum,

Thank you.
    According to (one of) the admins of the forum, he is not the "forum scholar" nor does he have any special title.

Although it did seem that way to me. Maybe because he himself is an admin/mod so he gave himself that position.

90279-054
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quoted
    359 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Indefinable View Post
    Check this thread In Sha Allaah http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthrea...slim-Prisoners

By the way - Sister 'Aafia disappeared in 2003 until 2008, she was found and later sentenced in 2010.

You were on Islamic Awakening Forums? Your username is familiar.
    Thanks for the link. Yes, I was an upstanding member of IslamicAwakening forum. That is until the forum changed their beliefs and methodology and began to target with bans any individuals who were popular/knowledgeable and held different beliefs and methodologies.

Quote Originally Posted by A.Basheer View Post
    According to (one of) the admins of the forum, he is not the "forum scholar" nor does he have any special title.

Although it did seem that way to me. Maybe because he himself is an admin/mod so he gave himself that position.
    Good to know. I think some are confused about that subject.

Just to be clear, this thread has nothing to do with Abu Mus'ab. I don't know the brother or have anything to say about his level of knowledge.

It struck me as strange that someone referred to him as the "forum scholar" and suggested that no one had the "right" to discuss legal matters aside from him.

It would help to hear what you said from a moderator or administrator directly.

Mentioned
    194 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5057 Post(s)

آمين يا رب العالمين

بارك الله فيكم akhi

Mentioned
    194 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5057 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by A.Basheer View Post

السلام عليكم ورحمة الله وبركاته

Akhi I mentioned him because he was the only Alim I know on the forum who's qualified and does the QA sessions,

The rest of us are just laymen, and the problem is many of us don't know our limits and start giving our own opinions on issues like Fiqh or other aspects of Islam which we are not qualified to speak about,

Since your on the subject the respected Sheikh didn't give himself any position due to his mod privileges or anything like that, I know he's qualified because I read the link below,

https://darulilm.wordpress.com/about/

Shows what he studied and who he studied under,

And for information he didn't even tell me this,I found out from another brother who posted the link,

We had other alims on the forum in the past a d they left, even AbuNajm, haven't​ even heard of him till recently, and he's been in the forum since 2003

Last edited by Saif-Uddin; 08-06-17 at 11:43 PM.

90279-054
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quoted
    359 Post(s)

Akhi I mentioned him because he was the only Alim I know on the forum who's qualified and does the QA sessions,

The rest of us are just laymen, and the problem is many of us don't know our limits and start giving our own opinions on issues like Fiqh or other aspects of Islam which we are not qualified to speak about,

Since your on the subject the respected Sheikh didn't give himself any position due to his mod privileges or anything like that, I know he's qualified because I read the link below,

https://darulilm.wordpress.com/about/

Shows what he studied and who he studied under,

And for information he didn't even tell me this,I found out from another brother who posted the link,

We had other alims on the forum in the past a d they left, even AbuNajm, haven't​ even heard of him till recently, and he's been in the forum since 2003

A person who states the following could never be an Aalim:

Quote Originally Posted by Ubaidullah Ebrahim
    For example it is compulsory for every muslim to know that there is nothing like Allaah “Laysa kamithlihi shay..”, but people who have not learnt `Aqeedah are unaware of that, so they believe wrong things like Allaah having physical limbs and sitting on the `Arsh (throne) etc, Na`oodhubillahi Min Dhaalik.
    This suggests that the Salaf like Mujaahid, Abdallah bin al-Imam Ahmad, ad-Daraqutni, the Tabi' at-Tabi'ee Kharijah bin Mus'ab, Ibn Taymiyyah and others did not learn Aqeedah and believed wrong things.

I don't know how such a person can be an Aalim if that is what they suggest.

This also suggests that Abu Mus'ab, with all due respect, is influenced by Ahl al-Kalaam in his own beliefs since he felt the need to mention his opposition to this belief from the Salaf in a simple introduction to his website.
    Last edited by AbuNajm; 09-06-17 at 01:26 AM. Reason: formatting

Mentioned
    194 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5057 Post(s)

This suggests that the Salaf like Mujaahid, Abdallah bin al-Imam Ahmad, ad-Daraqutni, the Tabi' at-Tabi'ee Kharijah bin Mus'ab, Ibn Taymiyyah and others did not learn Aqeedah and believed wrong things.

This also suggests that Abu Mus'ab, with all due respect, is influenced by Ahl al-Kalaam in his own beliefs since he felt the need to mention his opposition to this belief from the Salaf in a simple introduction to his website.
    Your saying that it's not necessary to know that there is nothing like Allah عز و جل and that we can attribute physical limbs like in Creation to Allah عز و جل ?

Seriously?

That leads to Shirk,

We can't attribute anything in Creation to Allah عز و جل and it is compulsory that we know there is nothing we can even imagine that is like Allah عز و جل

If an individual thinks there are things like Allah عز و جل, and likens him to anything in Creation, then that individual has committed Shirk,

I can't believe your denying the basics of Tawheed,

And you claim to have studied under an Alim,
    Last edited by Saif-Uddin; 09-06-17 at 02:00 AM.

90279-054
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quoted
    359 Post(s)

Your saying that it's not necessary to know that there is nothing like Allah عز و جل and that we can attribute physical limbs like in Creation to Allah عز و جل ?

Seriously?

That leads to Shirk,

We can't attribute anything in Creation to Allah عز و جل and it is compulsory that we know there is nothing we can even imagine that is like Allah عز و جل

If an individual thinks there are things like Allah عز و جل, and likens him to anything in Creation, then that individual has committed Shirk,

I can't believe your denying the basics of Tawheed,

And you claim to have studied under an Alim,
    No, I agree with what you said. You skipped over the part about Allah being described as "sitting" on the Throne. That's what I was referring to.

And I never said anything about having studied under an Aalim.

That's two strikes in one post, brother...

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3515 Post(s)

Err, that's like saying there was no such thing as maturidi or ashari scholars in the past, they were scholars, even if some of their aqeedah was wrong
    ''If the bedouins and city dwellers were to fight between themselves until they wipe each other out, it will surely be less significant than them appointing a taghoot in the land which rules by that which is against the Shari'ah of Islaam which Allah sent his Messenger ﷺ with'' - Sheikh Sulayman bin Sahmaan

Mentioned
    194 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5057 Post(s)

No, I agree with what you said. You skipped over the part about Allah being described as "sitting" on the Throne. That's what I was referring to.

And I never said anything about having studied under an Aalim.

That's two strikes in one post, brother...
    So we can say Allah عز و جل is physically sitting on the throne?

Where did you get this from?

Provide evidence from the Qur'an/Sunnah to show that Allah عز و جل is physically sitting on the throne,

You claimed all this...

http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthrea...=1#post7427097

And you never studied under an Alim,

So your just another lay man,

As for the 2 strikes thing, this isn't a game or a joke AbuNajm,
    Last edited by Saif-Uddin; 09-06-17 at 02:20 AM.

90279-054
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quoted
    359 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by abufulaans View Post
    Err, that's like saying there was no such thing as maturidi or ashari scholars in the past, they were scholars, even if some of their aqeedah was wrong
    I do not consider Ash'aris or Maturidis as scholars of Aqeedah, which was the context in which the statement was made. I also do not refer to self-described Ash'aris or Maturidis for Fiqh, Tafseer or Usuul.

Hope that's clear...

90279-054
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quoted
    359 Post(s)

So we can say Allah عز و جل is physically sitting on the throne?

Where did you get this from?

Provide evidence from the Qur'an/Sunnah to show that Allah عز و جل is physically sitting on the throne,

You claimed all this...

http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthrea...=1#post7427097

And you never studied under an Alim,

So your just another lay man,

As for the 2 strikes thing, this isn't a game or a joke AbuNajm,
    Start a thread if you'd like. This is not the place to discuss things you don't know about.

You're close to earning your 3rd strike with me, after which you'll be on my ignore list.

Mentioned
    194 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5057 Post(s)

Start a thread if you'd like. This is not the place to discuss things you don't know about.

You're close to earning your 3rd strike with me, after which you'll be on my ignore list.
    I gave you the benefit of doubt, but it seems your just another ignorant individual,

Your either claiming we can say Allah عز و جل is physically sitting on a throne or your not,

Unless you can provide evidence from the Qur'an and Sunnah to show we can say "Allah عز و جل is physically sitting on a throne"

نعوذ بالله من ذلك

You either have a twisted Aqeedah yourself or you just trolling me,

Either way I'll leave you to your devices,
    Last edited by Saif-Uddin; 09-06-17 at 03:02 AM.

Muslim
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1755 Post(s)

I gave you the benefit of doubt, but it seems your just another ignorant individual,

Your either claiming we can say Allah عز و جل is physically sitting on a throne or your not,

Unless you can provide evidence from the Qur'an and Sunnah to show we can say "Allah عز و جل is physically sitting on a throne"

نعوذ بالله من ذلك

You either have a twisted Aqeedah yourself or you just trolling me,

Either way I'll leave you to your devices,
    The term 'physical' is used by ashari's in a sly and condescending manner. There are over 1000 proofs of Allah being above the throne literally / in reality (haqiqah) - which is what is being denied when one tactfully uses the term physically.

Don't fall for their tricks , their goal is to have you believe that their is no ilah fee samaaa.

Jarir Ibn Abdul-Hamid Ad-Dabbi (d. 188 H.) said: «The beginning of the speech of the Jahmiyah is honey, and the end of it is poison, verily they are only trying to say: that there is no ilah (diety) above the heavens.

Sa`eed bin `Aamir Ad-Dab`i (d. 208 H.), one of Imam Bukhari’s teachers, said: «The Jahmiyyah have said worse than the Jews and Christians, the Jews, Christians and the people of religions have agreed that Allah –Tabaraka wa Ta`ala- is over the Throne, and they (the Jahmiyyah) said: ‘There is nothing over the Throne.'» (12) Sahih chain.

https://as-salaf.com/article.php?aid=81&lang=en

Mentioned
    194 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5057 Post(s)

And I never said anything about having studied under an Aalim...

AbuNajm let's not play games,

You said in the other thread...

These brothers keep assuming I've never studied under a scholar. I will only say that I work with people who are considered scholars by some. In that capacity I am fully qualified to bring forward proofs from relied upon texts to assert Ahkam as valid or not.

Once again, those incapable of discussing on the level established at the onset are attempting to distract the discussion with personal issues and presumptions.

I will be asking mods to delete off-topic and personal issues from here on out, In Sha' Allah.
    Apparently he hasn't studied under an Alim, so that makes him fully qualified,

According to AbuNajm you can be fully qualified without studying under an Alim, or Scholar,

Mentioned
    194 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5057 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AmantuBillahi View Post
    The term 'physical' is used by ashari's in a sly and condescending manner. There are over 1000 proofs of Allah being above the throne literally / in reality (haqiqah) - which is what is being denied when one tactfully uses the term physically.

Don't fall for their tricks , their goal is to have you believe that their is no ilah fee samaaa.

Jarir Ibn Abdul-Hamid Ad-Dabbi (d. 188 H.) said: «The beginning of the speech of the Jahmiyah is honey, and the end of it is poison, verily they are only trying to say: that there is no ilah (diety) above the heavens.

Sa`eed bin `Aamir Ad-Dab`i (d. 208 H.), one of Imam Bukhari’s teachers, said: «The Jahmiyyah have said worse than the Jews and Christians, the Jews, Christians and the people of religions have agreed that Allah –Tabaraka wa Ta`ala- is over the Throne, and they (the Jahmiyyah) said: ‘There is nothing over the Throne.'» (12) Sahih chain.

I know there is proof that Allah عز و جل is above the throne,

And I'm not asking about any sly condescending stuff,

I asked about the one who believes Allah عز و جل is physically sitting on the throne ,

Is his Aqeedah messed up or not?

If I recall correctly, in Islam we affirm the attributes and qualities of Allah عز و جل, we don't compare them to anything in creation,

AbuNajm agreed and then claimed he has problem with saying that it's wing to believe Allah عز و جل is physically sitting on the throne,

This is like those individuals/juhal who claim Allah عز و جل is everywhere,

نعوذ بالله من ذلك
    Last edited by Saif-Uddin; 09-06-17 at 03:19 AM.

Muslim
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1755 Post(s)

I asked about the one who believes Allah عز و جل is physically sitting on the throne ,

Yeah I know what you mean, you are correct in one sense but I believe you are missing the point.

Abu Mus'ab who is ashari does not believe Allah is above the arsh at all. Unless he's unlike any ashari living on the planet today , which I highly doubt.

I don't believe brother AbuNajm is affirming the word 'physically'. I believe he is opposing what entails from what Abu Mus'ab says , which is that Allah exists without a place.

No one says Allah is physically sitting or physically doing anything because this word is not affirmed or denied. Similar to limbs, Allah did not affirm it or deny, so the straight path is to remain silent.

Allah is literally above the throne 'bi dhatihi / bi nafsihi' By His Essence / Self - Subhanahu wa ta'ala.

Wa Allahu alam. One has to define the word 'physically' when using it because it is subjective and highly ambiguous.
    Last edited by AmantuBillahi; 09-06-17 at 03:31 AM.

Mentioned
    194 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5057 Post(s)

Yeah I know what you mean, you are correct in one sense but I believe you are missing the point.

Abu Mus'ab who is ashari does not believe Allah is above the arsh at all. Unless he's unlike any ashari living on the planet today , which I highly doubt.

I don't believe brother AbuNajm is affirming the word 'physically'. I believe he is opposing what entails from what Abu Mus'ab says , which is that Allah exists without a place.

No one says Allah is physically sitting or physically doing anything because this word is not affirmed or denied. Similar to limbs, Allah did not affirm it or deny, so the straight path is to remain silent.
    There are ignorants in this Ummah who don't know this Ayah ...

Ash-Shura Chapter 42 : Ayah 11

فَاطِرُ ٱلسَّمَٰوَٰتِ وَٱلْأَرْضِۚ جَعَلَ لَكُم مِّنْ أَنفُسِكُمْ أَزْوَٰجًا وَمِنَ ٱلْأَنْعَٰمِ أَزْوَٰجًاۖ يَذْرَؤُكُمْ فِيهِۚ لَيْسَ كَمِثْلِهِۦ شَىْءٌۖ وَهُوَ ٱلسَّمِيعُ ٱلْبَصِيرُ

The Creator of the heavens and the earth. He has made for you mates from yourselves, and for the cattle (also) mates. By this means He creates you (in the wombs). There is nothing like unto Him, and He is the All-Hearer, the All-Seer.

I've heard/seen such Ignorant people before, so your mistaken,

They compare the attributes of Allah عز و جل with Creation,

90279-054
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quoted
    359 Post(s)

If I recall correctly, in Islam we affirm the attributes and qualities of Allah عز و جل, we don't compare them to anything in creation,

AbuNajm agreed and then claimed he has problem with saying that it's wing to believe Allah عز و جل is physically sitting on the throne,

This is like those individuals/juhal who claim Allah عز و جل is everywhere,

نعوذ بالله من ذلك
    وعليك السلام

You can't even accurately refer to my quotes in this thread in order to engage in a rational discussion.

Where did I, or anyone for that matter, mention a belief that Allah is "physically" sitting on the throne?

And since you can't help yourself but start name-calling before you can even get the terms of the discussion straight, you are now on my ignore list.

One last note, since it seems so important to you for some unknown reason-

It's none of your business whether I have studied under Ulamaa'. I'm not here in any capacity as a person of knowledge nor does anyone here study under me. So what does it matter if I have any credentials or qualifications. I mentioned that I am a published translator and Muhaqqiq in the sciences of Fiqh and Hadith. My work is a matter of public record.

Unless you are also a published individual in the sciences which we are discussing, then you ought to have more respect- even if you disagree with the views presented.

However, you appear to be incapable of restraining your hatred for opposing views and you have already become insulting, so I'm not going to waste any more time with you.

90279-054
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quoted
    359 Post(s)

Allah is literally above the throne 'bi dhatihi / bi nafsihi' By His Essence / Self - Subhanahu wa ta'ala.

Wa Allahu alam. One has to define the word 'physically' when using it because it is subjective and highly ambiguous.
    السلام عليك ورحمة الله وبركاته

I accept the validity of the belief that Allah is sitting on the Throne as an interpretation of Allah's Istawaa. This is the position of Ahl as-Sunnah. The only ones who reject the validity of this belief are heretical sects like the Ashaa'irah and Maturidiyyah.

This is a nuanced position that over-emotional sectarian people will object to.

To be clear- rejecting the attribute of "sitting" for Allah is not wrong. Accepting the attribute of "sitting" for Allah is not wrong. Declaring as a Mushrik, Mubtadi', Mushabbih, Hashawi, Mujassim, etc., someone who believes in the attribute of "sitting" for Allah is wrong and indicates ascription to one of several deviant sects in Aqeedah.

It seems that you are a sensible individual @amantubillah, and so you picked up on the fact that I never mentioned a belief that entailed that Allah is "physically" sitting on the Throne. It does not seem that you believe "sitting" is an attribute for Allah and that is just fine. Accepting the validity of a belief does not entail agreement or ascription to it.

I don't know what Abu Mus'ab believes aside from what I read in the link provided in which he states his opposition and borderline Takfeer of individuals who believe that Allah is "sitting" on the Throne. This alone indicates to me that he is an Ash'ari or Maturidi and it raises suspicion about his Aqeedah and Usuul.

I hope your fasting is going well, brother.

بارك الله فيك

Muslim
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1755 Post(s)

السلام عليك ورحمة الله وبركاته

I accept the validity of the belief that Allah is sitting on the Throne as an interpretation of Allah's Istawaa. This is the position of Ahl as-Sunnah. The only ones who reject the validity of this belief are heretical sects like the Ashaa'irah and Maturidiyyah.

This is a nuanced position that over-emotional sectarian people will object to.

To be clear- rejecting the attribute of "sitting" for Allah is not wrong. Accepting the attribute of "sitting" for Allah is not wrong. Declaring as a Mushrik, Mubtadi', Mushabbih, Hashawi, Mujassim, etc., someone who believes in the attribute of "sitting" for Allah is wrong and indicates ascription to one of several deviant sects in Aqeedah.

It seems that you are a sensible individual @amantubillah, and so you picked up on the fact that I never mentioned a belief that entailed that Allah is "physically" sitting on the Throne. It does not seem that you believe "sitting" is an attribute for Allah and that is just fine. Accepting the validity of a belief does not entail agreement or ascription to it.

I don't know what Abu Mus'ab believes aside from what I read in the link provided in which he states his opposition and borderline Takfeer of individuals who believe that Allah is "sitting" on the Throne. This alone indicates to me that he is an Ash'ari or Maturidi and it raises suspicion about his Aqeedah and Usuul.

I hope your fasting is going well, brother.

بارك الله فيك

Yes I am aware of the different interpretations of Istawa and have chosen to follow what seems to be the more dominant position as I have learned it, that Istawa is understood as "ascend/rise over" which is the positon of Ibn Taymiyyah raheemahullah.

This is also the position of Mujahid(ra)

Mujahid (d. 102 H.) said: «Istawa (meaning) : Rose (`alaa) above the Throne.

[ Sahih Al-Bukhari, Kitab "At-Tawheed", chapter {And His Throne was over water}

And likewise , keep us in your dua.

[Point #3 explains the meaning of Istawa as irtifa/ala]

Wa Allahu alam
    Last edited by AmantuBillahi; 09-06-17 at 04:34 AM.

Mentioned
    194 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5057 Post(s)

وعليك السلام

You can't even accurately refer to my quotes in this thread in order to engage in a rational discussion.

Where did I, or anyone for that matter, mention a belief that Allah is "physically" sitting on the throne?

And since you can't help yourself but start name-calling before you can even get the terms of the discussion straight, you are now on my ignore list.

One last note, since it seems so important to you for some unknown reason-

It's none of your business whether I have studied under Ulamaa'. I'm not here in any capacity as a person of knowledge nor does anyone here study under me. So what does it matter if I have any credentials or qualifications. I mentioned that I am a published translator and Muhaqqiq in the sciences of Fiqh and Hadith. My work is a matter of public record.

Unless you are also a published individual in the sciences which we are discussing, then you ought to have more respect- even if you disagree with the views presented.

However, you appear to be incapable of restraining your hatred for opposing views and you have already become insulting, so I'm not going to waste any more time with you.
    You disagreed with the point made,

Which was it is wrong to believe Allah عز و جل is physically sitting on the throne,

Either that or your a Troll, going back and forth,

I won't waste my time with anymore
    Last edited by Saif-Uddin; 09-06-17 at 10:39 AM.

Odan
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quoted
    628 Post(s)

Perhaps you should take this up with him directly?

Its Ramadan, so he won't be on here, but after this month is over.....

Mentioned
    402 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1682 Post(s)

The above advice sounds good