Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quoted
    955 Post(s)

quran memorization club

I want to start a quran memorizing club down here for motivation.how about we each come up with a surah to memorize and give a deadline and all participants report back on whether they finished or not, and we don't move on until everyone moves forward? every time, a new person will decide the next surah or (section for the really long ones). And it doesnt have to be in any particular order either.

The only downside is, we'll only move as fast as the slowest person, but I can do with that as long as I have the motivation to keep memorizing and it gives extra revision time as well.

anyone interested?

I'm also open to suggestions of what we can do differently
    Last edited by hadmatter; 28-05-17 at 12:38 PM.
    Allah sent down his tranquillity upon him and supported him with angels you did not see and made the word of those who disbelieved the lowest, while the word of Allah - that is the highest. And Allah is Exalted in Might and Wise.

Mentioned
    220 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2043 Post(s)

Re: quran memorization club

Do you guys wanna take part? We're currently doing Surah Al-Mulk. Going as slow as 1 verse a day, after Ramadan it'll be another surah
    @~Umar~ @muzzybee @zi-zizou @Jenicca @Srahman33 @sister_82 @-qed- @F_R @Muslima London @sajid @Hannahk92 @Meriadoc @muslimah4life1 @aynina @Allah's_Servant @ashmeo @zantz @iRepIslam @patient believer @shay5 @Plumeria @Sky Lark @Miss Foxxy @AbulUthman @muzzybee @I See You* @Ibn Taleb @Khalid b. Walid* @Magic @patient believer @Nafs al Tawabah @LailaTheMuslim @zizou @Simply_Logical , @nonameakhi , @spytek , @InTheBegining , @RaNdOm , @ssh , @shezad , @sister_82 @Muslima London , @Ya'sin , @F_R @Hannahk92@budi.sudaryo @Creamcake @meentajir @Fragile @Strive @F_R @Fakhri @tazz @skylark @Figs @noobz @candyapple @aynina @bintmydad @bint @Bint Radical @shezad @hasan2013 @~Umar~ @Hataw @iRepIslam @miahmiah @Hans9 @boyrandy @arfatzafar @Linkdeutscher @ibzy @Theistic @Aaliyah_h @SofiaG @Qiyamah @Srahman33 @AbulUthman @Oum Soumayyah @ms.muslimah @GoogleSlayer @EritreanMuslimah @eesa the kiwi @Kiro @AshrafM @*sheba* @quickcodes @Islam.07 @zantz @Haqqi11 @Anthanasia @Abo @Abo Mohammad @lina lool @Alina15 @Blackbeard @abumuslim34 @Fakhri @Akash Lina @Zaitoonah @Spicen @Faith reloaded @Riaz76 @Abu Jarir @thedeen33 @Sabertooth @Miss Foxxy @muslimahhijabi @Abdell @Abd al-Rahman @EenieMeanie @Allah's_Servant @Ni'mah @muhammadwahaj @Faisal-Parwana @sandman123 @ninety1daisies @rabiaanumkhan @Lavender @saaemah @hamza81 @admin @moderators @-Yassar @Fais @.Hajar. @Pippin1376 @Abu 'Abdullaah @samin62 @علي @Darul Ilm @device
    ┳┻|
    ┻┳|•.•) Hello, Assalamu Alaikum! Check out this topic! #makethechanges
    ┳┻|⊂ノ
    ┻┳|
    http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthrea...adan-Authentic

SUFI HANAFI
    Mentioned
    499 Post(s)
    Quoted
    8563 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cptn._.Mario View Post
    Do you guys wanna take part? We're currently doing Surah Al-Mulk. Going as slow as 1 verse a day, after Ramadan it'll be another surah
    @~Umar~ @muzzybee @zi-zizou @Jenicca @Srahman33 @sister_82 @-qed- @F_R @Muslima London @sajid @Hannahk92 @Meriadoc @muslimah4life1 @aynina @Allah's_Servant @ashmeo @zantz @iRepIslam @patient believer @shay5 @Plumeria @Sky Lark @Miss Foxxy @AbulUthman @muzzybee @I See You* @Ibn Taleb @Khalid b. Walid* @Magic @patient believer @Nafs al Tawabah @LailaTheMuslim @zizou @Simply_Logical , @nonameakhi , @spytek , @InTheBegining , @RaNdOm , @ssh , @shezad , @sister_82 @Muslima London , @Ya'sin , @F_R @Hannahk92@budi.sudaryo @Creamcake @meentajir @Fragile @Strive @F_R @Fakhri @tazz @skylark @Figs @noobz @candyapple @aynina @bintmydad @bint @Bint Radical @shezad @hasan2013 @~Umar~ @Hataw @iRepIslam @miahmiah @Hans9 @boyrandy @arfatzafar @Linkdeutscher @ibzy @Theistic @Aaliyah_h @SofiaG @Qiyamah @Srahman33 @AbulUthman @Oum Soumayyah @ms.muslimah @GoogleSlayer @EritreanMuslimah @eesa the kiwi @Kiro @AshrafM @*sheba* @quickcodes @Islam.07 @zantz @Haqqi11 @Anthanasia @Abo @Abo Mohammad @lina lool @Alina15 @Blackbeard @abumuslim34 @Fakhri @Akash Lina @Zaitoonah @Spicen @Faith reloaded @Riaz76 @Abu Jarir @thedeen33 @Sabertooth @Miss Foxxy @muslimahhijabi @Abdell @Abd al-Rahman @EenieMeanie @Allah's_Servant @Ni'mah @muhammadwahaj @Faisal-Parwana @sandman123 @ninety1daisies @rabiaanumkhan @Lavender @saaemah @hamza81 @admin @moderators @-Yassar @Fais @.Hajar. @Pippin1376 @Abu 'Abdullaah @samin62 @علي @Darul Ilm @device
    Please don't abuse the mentions.

-_-

Mentioned
    604 Post(s)
    Quoted
    9178 Post(s)

Yea definately want to try, it might be more motivational when we do it like this (in group)
    يَٰٓأَيُّهَا ٱلنَّاسُ ٱعْبُدُوا۟ رَبَّكُمُ ٱلَّذِى خَلَقَكُمْ وَٱلَّذِينَ مِن قَبْلِكُمْ لَعَلَّكُمْ تَتَّقُونَ

O mankind, worship your Lord, who created you and those before you, that you may become righteous

Surah Al Baqarah ayah 21

Mentioned
    220 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2043 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aynina View Post
    Yea definately want to try, it might be more motivational when we do it like this (in group)
    So far it's just 2 verses that needs to be memorised, have you done it?

1) Tabaraka alladhee biyadihialmulku wahuwa 'ala kulli shay-in qadeer

2) Alladhee khalaqalmawta walhayataliyabluwakum ayyukum ahsanu 'amalan wahuwaal 'azeezulghafoor
    ┳┻|
    ┳┻|⊂ノ
    ┻┳|

Mentioned
    604 Post(s)
    Quoted
    9178 Post(s)

2) Alladhee khalaqalmawta walhayataliyabluwakum ayyukum ahsanu 'amalan wahuwaal 'azeezulghafoor
    I was able to recite them along with a reciter without reading, but i dont have them 100% in my head yet lol
    يَٰٓأَيُّهَا ٱلنَّاسُ ٱعْبُدُوا۟ رَبَّكُمُ ٱلَّذِى خَلَقَكُمْ وَٱلَّذِينَ مِن قَبْلِكُمْ لَعَلَّكُمْ تَتَّقُونَ

O mankind, worship your Lord, who created you and those before you, that you may become righteous

Surah Al Baqarah ayah 21

Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2687 Post(s)

Jazakallah khair for the mention.

Done it.
    “Mix with the noble people, you become one of them; and keep away from evil people so that you protect yourself from their evils.”

Hadhrat Ali (Radiallahu anhu)

Odan
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quoted
    542 Post(s)

This is Awesome. I started trying to recie surah Mulk. I only got to line 3. I can't seem to memorize one line per day, its taking me 2 days to memorize one line. I will join

Mentioned
    220 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2043 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Lark View Post
    Jazakallah khair for the mention.

Done it.
    nice!

Quote Originally Posted by Kya View Post
    This is Awesome. I started trying to recie surah Mulk. I only got to line 3. I can't seem to memorize one line per day, its taking me 2 days to memorize one line. I will join
    Here's the thread with the verses posted each day

http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthrea...Mulk-Challenge

We're at day 2 of fasting and thus only 2 verses so far! Listen to a recitor, it'll help
    ┳┻|
    ┳┻|⊂ノ
    ┻┳|

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quoted
    955 Post(s)

nice!

Here's the thread with the verses posted each day

http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthrea...Mulk-Challenge

We're at day 2 of fasting and thus only 2 verses so far! Listen to a recitor, it'll help
    thanks. you guys can finish this challenge and well start after Ramadan inshallah, because honestly I'm so busy this month and I'm sure we all have to finish reading the Qur'an this month too.
    Allah sent down his tranquillity upon him and supported him with angels you did not see and made the word of those who disbelieved the lowest, while the word of Allah - that is the highest. And Allah is Exalted in Might and Wise.

Mentioned
    242 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2678 Post(s)

this is a great idea and inshallah will be of much benefit.
    (I already know surah Mulk but will take part on the ones I don't know inshallah)
    Ya Rab! When you give me wealth, do not take away my happiness. When you give me strength, do not take away my intelligence. When you give me victory, do not take away my humility. When you give me humility, do not take away my dignity.

~dreamer
    Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1800 Post(s)

Would have love too, but can't. i'm doing another challenge, but thanks anyways @Cptn._.Mario
    O people who take pleasure in a life that will vanish, falling in love with a fading shadow is sheer stupidity~ Ibn Qayyim Al-Jawziyya

~dreamer
    Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1800 Post(s)

Loved*
    O people who take pleasure in a life that will vanish, falling in love with a fading shadow is sheer stupidity~ Ibn Qayyim Al-Jawziyya

Mentioned
    220 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2043 Post(s)

Re: quran memorization

edit nvm
    ┳┻|
    ┳┻|⊂ノ
    ┻┳|

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quoted
    955 Post(s)

@Cptn._.Mario I think it'll be better if we start it sooner rather than after Ramadan. What do you guys think @aynina @Kya @-qed- @skylark @~Ukhti~ @Somali_sister88 next week?

Mentioned
    604 Post(s)
    Quoted
    9178 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hadmatter View Post
    @Cptn._.Mario I think it'll be better if we start it sooner rather than after Ramadan. What do you guys think @aynina @Kya @-qed- @skylark @~Ukhti~ @Somali_sister88 next week?
    Well since were on surat al mulk rn its not gna be easy for me to do 2 at the time

Surah Al Baqarah ayah 21

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quoted
    955 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aynina View Post
    Well since were on surat al mulk rn its not gna be easy for me to do 2 at the time
    OK I'll just start it anyway, you guys can join later when you are done.

the first one will be surat Abasa and we have 72 hours to finish it

Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3698 Post(s)

it's better you go in order rather than a different surah every time
    شَكَوْتُ إلَى وَكِيعٍ سُوءَ حِفْظِي
    فَأرْشَدَنِي إلَى تَرْكِ المعَاصي
    وَأخْبَرَنِي بأَنَّ العِلْمَ نُورٌ
    ونورُ الله لا يهدى لعاصي

Mentioned
    242 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2678 Post(s)

I agree with the above. @hadmatter you need to work out roughly how much each person already knows. Ideally everyone would be at a similar base of memorisation. Most people who have grown up Muslim generally know up until at least surah duha. Surah Al layl is generally where people start with memorisation until they have completed juz amma. The other route is to learn Surah Yasin, Mulk, waqiah, kahf and then complete juz amma.

There is blessing in consistency and regularity. So rather than having a time frame for the entire surah, maybe set a certain amount of ayahs to memorise each day? As you learn more you should also set revision for past surahs learnt so they remain in your memory.
    Ya Rab! When you give me wealth, do not take away my happiness. When you give me strength, do not take away my intelligence. When you give me victory, do not take away my humility. When you give me humility, do not take away my dignity.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quoted
    955 Post(s)

I appreciate the suggestions but this works for me, and makes it easier for me than going in any order so who ever doesn't want to do it this way is simply free not to join if its not their cup of tea

plus I don't know about others but I can't go in order because I don't know where to start:/ I already finished the last 7 juz and parts of baqarah, imran and nisaa I couldn't draw a line on where I know and where I stop knowing
    Last edited by hadmatter; 02-06-17 at 09:22 PM.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quoted
    955 Post(s)

So was no one taking part? Just me then?????

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quoted
    955 Post(s)

what gives? Why are all the people who wanted to join in suddenly absent when it comes down to it? Why am I the first and last one standing