Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    178 Post(s)

How to tell parents about islam?

With Ramadan coming very close, there's no way I can longer hide it from my parents.
    Usually I still eat dinner with my parents at around 6pm, so I HAVE to tell them.

With the Manchester attack still in our memory I'm terrified they'll insult me or mock me etc.

How do I tell them?

Please make dua for me brothers and sisters.
    The Love Allah has for Prophet Muhammad ﷺ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Acm3R7MbO_Q

pizza is life
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quoted
    451 Post(s)

Re: How to tell parents about islam?

Quote Originally Posted by aynina View Post
    Daarom
    nope not getting it still bruh

Muslim
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1753 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah012 View Post
    Before Ramadan I concluded that I couldn't tell my parents yet.. So I decided to fast as much days as possible.. However, I've now made it all 10 days alhamdulillah!
    Some days I didn't have family diners at all, and if I had, I simply wouldn't eat anything and I would say "I'm not hungry yet, I'll eat it tonight".

Strange how they haven't put 2 and 2 together yet..,
    Assalamu alaykum

How are things going for you akhi?

Don't stress over it, eventually you will have to tell them or they will notice your strange behaviour. Once it gets out the way you will be less fatigued since you will have nothing to hide anymore , in which , you can focus on Allah and perhaps even giving them dawah through your actions and wise techniques inshallah.

Everyone's situation is different but I have a strong hunch that once you do inform them of your conversion, it will be highly beneficial for you spiritually. It will increase your imaan akhi , your islam will be in the forefront. Your actions will be your da'wah , and you will be a live representative of this deen to them. It will make you firm and it will force you to learn your deen and further develope yourself , because obviously they will ask questions , and you are going to have to provide answers.

May Allah make it easy for you. Always remember the rights of family which Allah has placed upon us. With you being a Muslim it should benefit your family. Like if they don't notice your new and improved excellent behaviour then you have failed. They must notice it , and in reality, it I commanded by Allah ta'ala. Read abut the rights of family in islam. Treat your parents like kings/queens while maintaing the rules of shariah and not falling short on your obligations. They should notice and benefit from you being a Muslim at least as far as your actions are concerned and if they don't then you probably have shortcomings in giving them their rights or you are not informed of what the rights of family really are!

Jazak Allah khair
    Last edited by AmantuBillahi; 07-06-17 at 04:42 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    38 Post(s)

With Ramadan coming very close, there's no way I can longer hide it from my parents.
    Usually I still eat dinner with my parents at around 6pm, so I HAVE to tell them.

With the Manchester attack still in our memory I'm terrified they'll insult me or mock me etc.

How do I tell them?

I will make dua for you. I am the only muslim in the family, but I don't live with them nor close to them, so it's not much problem praying fasting etc before actually telling them about it.

pizza is life
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quoted
    451 Post(s)

How do I tell them?

salaam bro, was thinking about you today and on eid lol not heard from you for a while now, how was ramadan i hope you had a good eid
    everything go well??

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    178 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by babadods View Post
    salaam bro, was thinking about you today and on eid lol not heard from you for a while now, how was ramadan i hope you had a good eid
    everything go well??
    Wa 'alaykum salam
    Everything went well bro alhamdulillah. Nothing to complain about. It was a little bit lonely though.
    I'm still a little bit on a high because I can finally eat and drink again all day...

This Ramadan drew me very close to Allah insha'Allah. I'm currently trying to learn Arabic online and I'm making some progress.
    The Love Allah has for Prophet Muhammad ﷺ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Acm3R7MbO_Q