Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    10 Post(s)

Help Me Improve My Recitation...

If there are brothers (or sisters) here who are skilled in recitation, I would be grateful if you could very kindly critique my tilawah in a way that may help me improve it, in shaa Allah.

Beginning of Surah Yusuf
    https://instaud.io/XOg

From Surah Luqman
    https://instaud.io/XOv
    Last edited by ImproveMyRec; 23-05-17 at 12:56 AM.

Please do not 'Rep'. Jzk. Fakhri's Avatar
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1199 Post(s)

Re: Help Me Improve My Recitation...

Last edited by Fakhri; 24-05-17 at 02:26 PM. Reason: Posted here by mistake. Unnecessary
    LAA ILAAHA ILLALLAH
    -------------------------------
    "And if you would count the graces of God, never could you be able to count them. Truly, God is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful." (Qur'aan 16:18)
    NOTE: Please kindly do NOT rep my posts. (Jazaa'akumullah).

Mentioned
    257 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2501 Post(s)

Wa alaikum salam

Your recitation sounds perfect to me, I didnt hear anything wrong, tbh, I doubt that even a tajweed expert will find something wrong.

Masha'allah very good recitation.
    “Mix with the noble people, you become one of them; and keep away from evil people so that you protect yourself from their evils.”

Hadhrat Ali (Radiallahu anhu)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    10 Post(s)

Constructive criticism would be great.

Mentioned
    257 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2501 Post(s)

Lightbulb Re: Help Me Improve My Recitation...

Quote Originally Posted by ImproveMyRec View Post
    Really, didnt find anything wrong, dont know if anyone else can spot something..
    “Mix with the noble people, you become one of them; and keep away from evil people so that you protect yourself from their evils.”

Mentioned
    257 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2501 Post(s)

Question Re: Help Me Improve My Recitation...

Where do you think you are doing mistakes, like which parts?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    10 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Lark View Post
    Where do you think you are doing mistakes, like which parts?
    for replying on this thread.

I can't answer that, but from my experience I've found there are usually things to improve that the one reciting isn't aware of. One thing I have been told by an ustaadh in the past is that the sound exits from the nose where ideally it shouldn't be the case.

Although it isn't a mistake as far as I'm aware, it's still something to avoid, though I find it difficult to eradicate, being so used to it.

There are usually things that go unnoticed that others are able to pick up on. I'm sure there are things I'm doing which need improving/correcting.

(Baarakallah feek.)

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quoted
    165 Post(s)

If there are brothers (or sisters) here who are skilled in recitation, I would be grateful if you could very kindly critique my tilawah in a way that may help me improve it, in shaa Allah.

Beginning of Surah Yusuf

From Surah Luqman
    Wa'alaikumsalam wr wb

The recitation sounds good.
    Sorry not able to help you much on this matter.
    Maybe others can comment on this matter.
    The second audio doesn't sound too clear.

Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3192 Post(s)

Probably just me but the way you said Alhamdullilah in the second recitation sounded a bit off in my opinion. But otherwise very well done.
    عوّد على السهر يا الله
    Upon Prophetic Methodology

Mentioned
    139 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1075 Post(s)

Beginning of Surah Yusuf

From Surah Luqman
    و عليكم السلام والرحمة الله وبركاته
    Have you recorded Surah Luqman before you did Surah Yusuf?

The reason why I ask is that you sounded sort of nervous when reciting Surah Luqman, and much more confident when reading SurahYusuf. Somewhat sounded like 2 different reciters.
    Increase your confidence In sha Allah and you will be A for away.

May Allah increase your desire for the Quran and make it a light for your sight and may the Quran on the Day of Judgment come as an intercessor for you. Ameen.
    “Mu'min” is more that just a title. It is to have Imaan established in the heart and testified to by the limbs.

Mentioned
    146 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3204 Post(s)

when pronouncing the raa, the tip of the tongue should touch the gums of the front teeth,
    when saying 'qamara', you made every letter heavy, make sure the meem is not heavy, pay attention in not making them all the same when they are right next to each other

Make sure you give each letter it's time and each rule it's time, this should be consistent throughout. Some places the letters weren't given enough time and it was a bit rushed and 'uneven'
    There are smaller details you need to work on but your teacher probably picks up on that and that's better corrected face to face with your teacher.

As for reciting through the nose and having a nasal sound throughout, it's quite a common mistake and it takes practice to fix. What helps is to look upwards while reciting and practice/check yourself by closing the nose with your fingers so you can only breathe through your mouth, you will see straight away if the sound was coming through the nose or through the mouth. The more you keep practising and check if your reciting through the nose or not, the easier it gets until soon, the problem disappears.
    I just found this video on it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ztNd1sYsAc

overall, you're really good. May Allah increase you in knowledge of the quran
    Last edited by Rumaysah~; 03-06-17 at 02:23 PM.
    “How amazing is it that a seeker of knowledge leaves his home in order to recite and memorise the Qur’ān. It is as if his tongue is saying: ‘O my Lord, bear witness! I want to carry the Qur’ān in my chest, thereby seeking Your Face, and desiring that which is with You!’”
    Sh. Muhammad al-Mukhtār al-Shinqītī

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    10 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abu Jarir View Post
    Probably just me but the way you said Alhamdullilah in the second recitation sounded a bit off in my opinion. But otherwise very well done.
    You're right. It was off. I repeated the aayah again because I realised the mistake there.

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Foxxy View Post
    و عليكم السلام والرحمة الله وبركاته
    Have you recorded Surah Luqman before you did Surah Yusuf?

The reason why I ask is that you sounded sort of nervous when reciting Surah Luqman, and much more confident when reading SurahYusuf. Somewhat sounded like 2 different reciters.
    Increase your confidence In sha Allah and you will be A for away.

May Allah increase your desire for the Quran and make it a light for your sight and may the Quran on the Day of Judgment come as an intercessor for you. Ameen.
    Yes. It was Fajr and I was trying to keep the voice a little lower. I was probably in a different mood, too.

Ameen wa iyyaak.

Quote Originally Posted by Rumaysah~ View Post
    when pronouncing the raa, the tip of the tongue should touch the gums of the front teeth,
    when saying 'qamara', you made every letter heavy, make sure the meem is not heavy, pay attention in not making them all the same when they are right next to each other

Make sure you give each letter it's time and each rule it's time, this should be consistent throughout. Some places the letters weren't given enough time and it was a bit rushed and 'uneven'
    There are smaller details you need to work on but your teacher probably picks up on that and that's better corrected face to face with your teacher.

As for reciting through the nose and having a nasal sound throughout, it's quite a common mistake and it takes practice to fix. What helps is to look upwards while reciting and practice/check yourself by closing the nose with your fingers so you can only breathe through your mouth, you will see straight away if the sound was coming through the nose or through the mouth. The more you keep practising and check if your reciting through the nose or not, the easier it gets until soon, the problem disappears.
    I just found this video on it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ztNd1sYsAc

overall, you're really good. May Allah increase you in knowledge of the quran
    this is very helpful.
    So the makhraj of the raa is off?

Also making tafkheem and tarqeeq more defined?

The nose-pinch method is something I have been told about before and have tried.

Yes. I should try to recite in a more measured way and it does feel as though I am reciting rushed in places.
    Definitely need to work on these things.

for this post and all others. Baarakallah feek.

Mentioned
    146 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3204 Post(s)

this is very helpful.
    So the makhraj of the raa is off?

Also making tafkheem and tarqeeq more defined?

The nose-pinch method is something I have been told about before and have tried.

Yes. I should try to recite in a more measured way and it does feel as though I am reciting rushed in places.
    Definitely need to work on these things.

for this post and all others. Baarakallah feek.
    yes
    “How amazing is it that a seeker of knowledge leaves his home in order to recite and memorise the Qur’ān. It is as if his tongue is saying: ‘O my Lord, bear witness! I want to carry the Qur’ān in my chest, thereby seeking Your Face, and desiring that which is with You!’”
    Sh. Muhammad al-Mukhtār al-Shinqītī

Mentioned
    257 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2501 Post(s)

for replying on this thread.

I can't answer that, but from my experience I've found there are usually things to improve that the one reciting isn't aware of. One thing I have been told by an ustaadh in the past is that the sound exits from the nose where ideally it shouldn't be the case.

Although it isn't a mistake as far as I'm aware, it's still something to avoid, though I find it difficult to eradicate, being so used to it.

There are usually things that go unnoticed that others are able to pick up on. I'm sure there are things I'm doing which need improving/correcting.

(Baarakallah feek.)
    Ameen!

Then it may be very minor things if there are any, to improve on.

Just listened to it again and couldnt find any mispronunciation, alhamdulillah.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Masha Allah
    very good recitation, but pay some attention to "Ghunnah". You have to prolong it some more. Also, while pronouncing راء , Hamza is not pronounced, and is just prolonged for two Harakas, while لام is prolonged for six Harakas.
    hope that would help.

Salaam