Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    153 Post(s)

Something catches my mind in hijab post and I wanted to ask it here.

Something in my mind and I am asking for learning purposes.

1) In marriage if there is no health risk to the mother, does the wife have permission to abort fetus of her husband for any reason other than health risks when the there is no soul yet in the child?
    2) If she committed zina and got pregnant and she lies to her husband and tell him it is his and it is not his, is that her right as a woman and a person and if the husband objects he is causing oppression?
    3) If the husband finds out that the child is not his, is it obligatory Islamically that he raise and take care of the child?
    4) If the husband want this amount of kids and the wife only want one...who have the final say?

Mentioned
    573 Post(s)
    Quoted
    8499 Post(s)

Re: Something catches my mind in hijab post and I wanted to ask it here.

Non descriptive title
    يَٰٓأَيُّهَا ٱلنَّاسُ ٱعْبُدُوا۟ رَبَّكُمُ ٱلَّذِى خَلَقَكُمْ وَٱلَّذِينَ مِن قَبْلِكُمْ لَعَلَّكُمْ تَتَّقُونَ

O mankind, worship your Lord, who created you and those before you, that you may become righteous

Surah Al Baqarah ayah 21

Forgive me please patient believer's Avatar
    Mentioned
    344 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2683 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by A500DaBest View Post

1) In marriage if there is no health risk to the mother, does the wife have permission to abort fetus of her husband for any reason other than health risks when the there is no soul yet in the child?
    2) If she committed zina and got pregnant and she lies to her husband and tell him it is his and it is not his, is that her right as a woman and a person and if the husband objects he is causing oppression?
    3) If the husband finds out that the child is not his, is it obligatory Islamically that he raise and take care of the child?
    4) If the husband want this amount of kids and the wife only want one...who have the final say?
    Good question
    Question 1 .Abortion
    Abortion is haram in Islam except in few circumstances.The life if the mother is more important hence if her health is in danger then she is allowed to abort it.However i think it depends on the stage of the pregnancy.Other reasons include rape but only at certain stage of pregnancy although some dispute about this so check thoroughly beforehand.Other than that its not permissible to have abortion.
    Ya Allah,
    Make me a stronger person today. Make me a better person out of all these. It is no longer bearable for me for my heart is aching and You are the only One who knows how I feel. Nothing is making sense to myself and for anyone else for that matter especially to the one person I wish to understand me better than anybody else.
    "Don't use the sharpness of your tongue on the mother who taught you how to speak

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    153 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by patient believer View Post
    Good question
    Question 1 .Abortion
    Abortion is haram in Islam except in few circumstances.The life if the mother is more important hence if her health is in danger then she is allowed to abort it.However i think it depends on the stage of the pregnancy.Other reasons include rape but only at certain stage of pregnancy although some dispute about this so check thoroughly beforehand.Other than that its not permissible to have abortion.
    What about if she committee zina and get pregnant. Does she have the right to lie to her husband and tell her the child is his when in fact it is from some other man? Is it obligatory on the husband to raise a child that was conceived by zina?

Mentioned
    254 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3540 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by A500DaBest View Post

1. As already mentioned, abortion is in general haram, this is prior to the soul being breathed into the fetus. After that it is murder without a seriously good reason.

2. This topic was already covered, would suggest you use the search function.
    But in breath, a person should if possible once they've made tawbah hide their sins.

https://islamqa.info/en/95024

3. A husband can denounce a child, claiming it is not his. This is called li'an, and is a serious matter, not to be taken lightly. It is not obligatory to do, and a man in such a situation even where he knows the child is not his can choose to raise it as an act of charity, knowing the child does not bare the sin of his / her mother and is innocent of that. But no it is not obligatory upon the father.

4. Having child is one of the general rights of marriage, not only can a wife not forbid her husband more children, a husband cannot forbid his wife also if she wishes to have more. Neither can forbid it unless there is a serious health concern relating to the childbirth and fear of poverty is not enough.
    FOLLOW THE NEW BLOG - GINGERBEARDMAN - Muslim, father, husband, writer, defender of ginger rights!

www.facebook.com/outreach4Islam - Outreach4Islam have been working together in Leicester, calling the not yet Muslims to Islam since 2006.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    153 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gingerbeardman View Post
    1. As already mentioned, abortion is in general haram, this is prior to the soul being breathed into the fetus. After that it is murder without a seriously good reason.

2. This topic was already covered, would suggest you use the search function.
    But in breath, a person should if possible once they've made tawbah hide their sins.

https://islamqa.info/en/95024

3. A husband can denounce a child, claiming it is not his. This is called li'an, and is a serious matter, not to be taken lightly. It is not obligatory to do, and a man in such a situation even where he knows the child is not his can choose to raise it as an act of charity, knowing the child does not bare the sin of his / her mother and is innocent of that. But no it is not obligatory upon the father.

4. Having child is one of the general rights of marriage, not only can a wife not forbid her husband more children, a husband cannot forbid his wife also if she wishes to have more. Neither can forbid it unless there is a serious health concern relating to the childbirth and fear of poverty is not enough.
    Excellent answer!!! Thanks.