+ Reply to Thread
    humans are weird
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Quoted
    738 Post(s)

Mentally and physically exhausted

As salam alaykum.

The last few months I've just been mentally and physically drained, I have no energy or motivation for Islam. I crawl out of bed for fajr unwillingly, I rush my salah, I don't read any Quran apart from surah Kahf on Friday, even then I read it quickly.

I feel overloaded with revision and exams and trying to balance everything and the countless rules imposed upon me by Islam is just draining my energy. On top of everything I am also sexually frustrated because I don't have a husband. I come home from school and all I want to do is just watch TV or sleep. The worst part is Ramadan which is meant to be a blessing, is taking place right as my exams will be going on so I'll have even less energy and I'm very worried my exams will suffer.

I honestly just feel like abandoning my Islamic obligations for the next few weeks so I can get my energy back and just live like a normal person for a while.

I feel so helpless and frustrated right now. I don't really know what I'm going to do...
    I beg my parents for money

Forgive me please patient believer's Avatar
    Mentioned
    344 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2683 Post(s)

Re: Mentally and physically exhausted

And what if the angel of death pays a visit?
    Sister, we all have timws where our faith drops but when that happens we should bw regretful and we should try to jump back.
    A lot of people including myself have exams throughout of ramadan.It will be difficult to some degree but am extremely excited about it.There is a higher chance of our duas being accepted during ramadan. Everyone feels more connected towards Allah abd everyone hopes to change their life during Ramadan .You shouldn't miss his chance.

Be hopeful that this month will bring happiness and make you a wonderful Muslim.
    Let's face it Allah doesn't need any of us.We need Him.And towards the end whatever you achieve from grades and your career will end and you will be thrown into a grave full of insects.Now is his worth it?
    May Allah guide us all.
    for this thread because my advice to you actually helped me.
    Ya Allah,
    Make me a stronger person today. Make me a better person out of all these. It is no longer bearable for me for my heart is aching and You are the only One who knows how I feel. Nothing is making sense to myself and for anyone else for that matter especially to the one person I wish to understand me better than anybody else.
    "Don't use the sharpness of your tongue on the mother who taught you how to speak

Please do not 'Rep'. Jzk. Fakhri's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1200 Post(s)

Assalamu alaikum warahmatullah.

IMPORTANT

Reminder for myself and others... Let us please be mindful of what we say and how we say it.

Maybe sisters messaging privately would be a good idea?

"Invite (all) to the Way of thy Lord with wisdom and beautiful preaching; and argue with them in ways that are best and most gracious: for thy Lord knows best, who have strayed from His Path, and who receive guidance"

017:053
    "And say to My servants (that) they speak that which is best; surely Satan sows dissensions among them; surely the Satan is an open enemy to man"

020:044
    'But speak to him (Fir'awn) with gentle speech; perhaps he (la'allahu) may take heed of the reminder or fear God'
    Last edited by Fakhri; 19-05-17 at 02:33 PM.
    LAA ILAAHA ILLALLAH
    -------------------------------
    "And if you would count the graces of God, never could you be able to count them. Truly, God is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful." (Qur'aan 16:18)
    NOTE: Please kindly do NOT rep my posts. (Jazaa'akumullah).

humans are weird
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Quoted
    738 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by patient believer View Post
    And what if the angel of death pays a visit?
    Sister, we all have timws where our faith drops but when that happens we should bw regretful and we should try to jump back.
    A lot of people including myself have exams throughout of ramadan.It will be difficult to some degree but am extremely excited about it.There is a higher chance of our duas being accepted during ramadan. Everyone feels more connected towards Allah abd everyone hopes to change their life during Ramadan .You shouldn't miss his chance.

Be hopeful that this month will bring happiness and make you a wonderful Muslim.
    Let's face it Allah doesn't need any of us.We need Him.And towards the end whatever you achieve from grades and your career will end and you will be thrown into a grave full of insects.Now is his worth it?
    May Allah guide us all.
    for this thread because my advice to you actually helped me.
    Thank you for the advice sister. I know Islam is the best thing for us but right now at this specific moment in time I can feel myself pushing Islam to the side to make way for other things and I do feel terrible for doing this. I will be making lots and lots of Dua during Ramadan and I hope Allah will make my exams easier for me InshaAllah.

I honestly just cannot wait for the exams to be over so I can just relax and find time to actually worship Allah again instead of feeling like it's just a chore.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quoted
    362 Post(s)

how long does that take you to pray Salah and read Quran per day?

When you are in dire need for help and blessings to pass your exams, it makes no sense to consider giving up ur duties to Allah and then hoping he'll help you pass! We all went through the phase of exams and hated to study, but we still studied, we didn't sit to watch TV and then blamed our failures on us being Muslims! You need to step back and think of other successful Muslims out there, how did they make it? Did Islam stop them? We've had exams during Ramadhan, did we give up?
    What makes you convinced that living "normal life" without Islam will make you motivated and want to study? Those who want to study will study, because the true motivation behind studying is wanting a great career and wanting to be successful! And that's regardless of being a Muslim or not! What is stopping you from studying for the sake of your career at least?

I was a lecturer at Uni, I had more failing non-Muslims than Muslims (in proportion that is, not by counting)! Saying that you want to live "normal life" without Islam is very sad to read, when did Islam make our lives abnormal!

Have you visited a scholar to answer your doubts about Islam? If not, what is stopping you?

You want to get married, speak to your parents, its not Islam stopping you! Islam encourages young people to get married.
    * typing from my phone, excuse the mess

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    122 Post(s)

You said that you have abandoned Quran apart from Al Kahf and this may be the key. I find when I am negligent in Quran that I feel overwhelmed in daily life, lethargic etc. You sound stressed because of exams which is normal, but try to take small steps and force yourself to make wudu and pray consciously (rather than just rushing through the movements) and sit for thikr afterwards. Cut out the TV completely for now, or else allow yourself one beneficial program per day. The more you laze around the more tired you will become. It may be worth a visit to GP for blood test to check iron stores just in case the lethargy is a result of anaemia. May Allah give you success in this life and the next sister.

humans are weird
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Quoted
    738 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by malleat1 View Post
    how long does that take you to pray Salah and read Quran per day?

When you are in dire need for help and blessings to pass your exams, it makes no sense to consider giving up ur duties to Allah and then hoping he'll help you pass! We all went through the phase of exams and hated to study, but we still studied, we didn't sit to watch TV and then blamed our failures on us being Muslims! You need to step back and think of other successful Muslims out there, how did they make it? Did Islam stop them? We've had exams during Ramadhan, did we give up?
    What makes you convinced that living "normal life" without Islam will make you motivated and want to study? Those who want to study will study, because the true motivation behind studying is wanting a great career and wanting to be successful! And that's regardless of being a Muslim or not! What is stopping you from studying for the sake of your career at least?

I was a lecturer at Uni, I had more failing non-Muslims than Muslims (in proportion that is, not by counting)! Saying that you want to live "normal life" without Islam is very sad to read, when did Islam make our lives abnormal!

Have you visited a scholar to answer your doubts about Islam? If not, what is stopping you?

You want to get married, speak to your parents, its not Islam stopping you! Islam encourages young people to get married.

No I have not spoken to a scholar about it, I'm just trying to push past this negative feeling I have in the hopes it will pass and after the stress of my exams are over I can focus again on worshipping Allah properly. I'm quite scared of getting married at this age because I have a lot of commitments with school and I want to go to university etc.

Maybe the problem is I am blaming my tiredness on Islam when it's not and the problem is I am just mentally exhausted from over studying.

Quote Originally Posted by Umm Fatimah View Post
    You said that you have abandoned Quran apart from Al Kahf and this may be the key. I find when I am negligent in Quran that I feel overwhelmed in daily life, lethargic etc. You sound stressed because of exams which is normal, but try to take small steps and force yourself to make wudu and pray consciously (rather than just rushing through the movements) and sit for thikr afterwards. Cut out the TV completely for now, or else allow yourself one beneficial program per day. The more you laze around the more tired you will become. It may be worth a visit to GP for blood test to check iron stores just in case the lethargy is a result of anaemia. May Allah give you success in this life and the next sister.
    I'll try reading the Quran a little more, even just 15 minutes at night or something InshaAllah. The thing that kills me is I spend all day at school with my head in textbooks and then come home and spend about 6 hours doing the same thing so I don't even have much time for TV anyway. I think I need to cut out on the studying and just relax about my exams. My fate is with Allah and whatever will happen will happen regardless and Allah knows what is best for me.

BarakAllah feeki

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    122 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AishaGirl View Post
    No I have not spoken to a scholar about it, I'm just trying to push past this negative feeling I have in the hopes it will pass and after the stress of my exams are over I can focus again on worshipping Allah properly. I'm quite scared of getting married at this age because I have a lot of commitments with school and I want to go to university etc.

Maybe the problem is I am blaming my tiredness on Islam when it's not and the problem is I am just mentally exhausted from over studying.

I'll try reading the Quran a little more, even just 15 minutes at night or something InshaAllah. The thing that kills me is I spend all day at school with my head in textbooks and then come home and spend about 6 hours doing the same thing so I don't even have much time for TV anyway. I think I need to cut out on the studying and just relax about my exams. My fate is with Allah and whatever will happen will happen regardless and Allah knows what is best for me.

BarakAllah feeki
    Wa feeki barakAllah sister, go easy on yourself. Start small and work you r way up inshaAllah. Remember a small but regular deed outweighs the large but infrequent one. Even start with 3 ayat per day.

Odan
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1994 Post(s)

Kids these days.

in my day I only used to sleep for 3 hours a day. studying and revising and still felt motivated for my deen. I knew all my studying was useless if not for Allah's help. I don't want to beat up on you Aisha girl but you have a bigger problem. You see when you see you rush salah and feel everything is chore then it's a sign that Allah does not value anything about your Islamic obligations

You see people who crawl to prayer late or have no energy are people who Allah does not care much for their ibadah. when that happens you need to start worrying. The studying exhaustion is just an excuse. Sexual frustration is one of the first signs of a malaise that consumes your ibadah. It's normal to have desires especially as a teenager but frustration is something else.