Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    604 Post(s)
    Quoted
    9198 Post(s)

Riba' in housing

If renting is riba' and buying is riba' isnt buying a house the lesser of 2 evils since u actually have something after 20-30 years whereas if u rent you throw away the amount of money which could have afforded you 2 houses if not 3 in a lifetime?

I see many muslims live in poverty just bc they choose to rent a house for about 60 years and then end up with nothing to pass onto their children, they threw away at least 300.000 euros in a lifetime on rent

Whereas when u pay intrest on a 150.000 euro loan its gna be only about 15.000 euros u throw away...

Warning: Its a question not a fatwa
    يَٰٓأَيُّهَا ٱلنَّاسُ ٱعْبُدُوا۟ رَبَّكُمُ ٱلَّذِى خَلَقَكُمْ وَٱلَّذِينَ مِن قَبْلِكُمْ لَعَلَّكُمْ تَتَّقُونَ

O mankind, worship your Lord, who created you and those before you, that you may become righteous

Surah Al Baqarah ayah 21

pizza is life
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quoted
    451 Post(s)

Re: Riba' in housing

Quote Originally Posted by aynina View Post

If renting is riba' and buying is riba' isnt buying a house the lesser of 2 evils since u actually have something after 20-30 years whereas if u rent you throw away the amount of money which could have afforded you 2 houses if not 3 in a lifetime?

I see many muslims live in poverty just bc they choose to rent a house for about 60 years and then end up with nothing to pass onto their children, they threw away at least 300.000 euros in a lifetime on rent

Whereas when u pay intrest on a 150.000 euro loan its gna be only about 15.000 euros u throw away...

renting isn't riba .... some contracts sure but not all .... if you rent directly from the landlord he wont charge you anything however the ones through a agency charges you interest etc.
    plus i guess the mindset should be that we dont need to leave anything behind if we can then sure but if you cant then dont, besides who's to say they will distribute what you've left behind properly according to shariyyah they might do more hard by fighting over the things you leave behind.

Mentioned
    604 Post(s)
    Quoted
    9198 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by babadods View Post
    renting isn't riba .... some contracts sure but not all .... if you rent directly from the landlord he wont charge you anything however the ones through a agency charges you interest etc.
    plus i guess the mindset should be that we dont need to leave anything behind if we can then sure but if you cant then dont, besides who's to say they will distribute what you've left behind properly according to shariyyah they might do more hard by fighting over the things you leave behind.
    But u pay for something that will never be yours?
    يَٰٓأَيُّهَا ٱلنَّاسُ ٱعْبُدُوا۟ رَبَّكُمُ ٱلَّذِى خَلَقَكُمْ وَٱلَّذِينَ مِن قَبْلِكُمْ لَعَلَّكُمْ تَتَّقُونَ

O mankind, worship your Lord, who created you and those before you, that you may become righteous

Surah Al Baqarah ayah 21

pizza is life
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quoted
    451 Post(s)

you're paying for a service ... thats not riba lol
    id totally take out a loan but its haraam so im happy with renting rn as it does not compromise my religion.

islamreligion.com eesa the kiwi's Avatar
    Mentioned
    448 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3627 Post(s)

Think of avoiding riba as a downpayment on jannah

Thing is with riba the barakah is gone, that very house you buy will be a source of misery in this world and the next,
    @aynina if the choice is renting or war with Allah subhanahu wa ta'ala then I'm going to rent

It's not rocket science
    It may not be easy, you may not understand it, but you need to have the Imaan to trust Allah when life doesn't make sense.
    "Whoever intends eternal happiness, then let him hold tight to the threshold of servitude.” ibn Taymiyyah.

Mentioned
    604 Post(s)
    Quoted
    9198 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by eesa the kiwi View Post

Thing is with riba the barakah is gone, that very house you buy will be a source of misery in this world and the next,
    @aynina if the choice is renting or war with Allah subhanahu wa ta'ala then I'm going to rent

It's not rocket science
    Hey dont insult me for asking this question lol, it just doest seem right to me to pay at 500-1000 a month for something you dont ever receive, hence i thought it was haram, also, there is intrest on rent that goes to the state instead of the bank

Surah Al Baqarah ayah 21

pizza is life
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quoted
    451 Post(s)

It's not rocket science
    yeah man totally agree, ive seen homes of riba owners and i swear they more and more issues with the house, more repairs and they also cant save money etc, families having a fights etc its just not worth it tbh for this and the next life.

Mentioned
    604 Post(s)
    Quoted
    9198 Post(s)

yeah man totally agree, ive seen homes of riba owners and i swear they more and more issues with the house, more repairs and they also cant save money etc, families having a fights etc its just not worth it tbh for this and the next life.
    The sin of riba is not worth it no

My parents never fight and we dont have problems with the house, and they can save, much more then a person who rents because they dont have to pay rent -.-'

Surah Al Baqarah ayah 21

islamreligion.com eesa the kiwi's Avatar
    Mentioned
    448 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3627 Post(s)

Hey dont insult me for asking this question lol, it just doest seem right to me to pay at 500-1000 a month for something you dont ever receive, hence i thought it was haram, also, there is intrest on rent that goes to the state instead of the bank
    Sorry i didn't mean to come across as insulting

My parents bought a house on riba and the misery they have gone through subhanAllah.
    It may not be easy, you may not understand it, but you need to have the Imaan to trust Allah when life doesn't make sense.
    "Whoever intends eternal happiness, then let him hold tight to the threshold of servitude.” ibn Taymiyyah.

pizza is life
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quoted
    451 Post(s)

Hey dont insult me for asking this question lol, it just doest seem right to me to pay at 500-1000 a month for something you dont ever receive, hence i thought it was haram, also, there is interest on rent that goes to the state instead of the bank
    and who made you the big boss to judge what seems right or wrong lool
    im kidding but seriously don't you think it doesn't seem right you do pay the riba etc and deal with it you go against the allah who gave you life, money food and everything yet you disobey him and go against him. is it worth getting the small loan and at the end having a house? when on the last day you'll be burning for god knows how long? all i can say it will be much longer than the 20 30 years loan.

what if you knowing all this riba stuff and you take the loan regardless what if allah the one who gives you money to pay for the loan stops giving you the money to pay for it? you end up selling things and by the qadr of allah you get no jobs and fall behind you spend all your savings and now your house is gone and your on the streets. then what? what if allah holds you accountable to that in this world? this honestly shits me up and keeps me away from things that would anger allah i live alone in my apartment that i rent and this is what i say to myself.

pizza is life
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quoted
    451 Post(s)

The sin of riba is not worth it no

My parents never fight and we dont have problems with the house, and they can save, much more then a person who rents because they dont have to pay rent -.-'
    well they aint really saving anything if you are in debt of 100k your down 100k the man with a penny/euro in his pocket which is halal and is debt free is richer than your parents who have 500 ruros in their bank kuz the man with a penny is in his positives bu tur parents are in the minuses simple maths eyyy haha

excuse me for the terrible spelling and grammar im coding at work and replying to you guys lol

Mentioned
    604 Post(s)
    Quoted
    9198 Post(s)

Sorry i didn't mean to come across as insulting

My parents bought a house on riba and the misery they have gone through subhanAllah.
    well my parents haven't had any misery, even my aunty as a single mum bought a house and yes she had to fix some things but it was an old house, my granny & granddad bought a house and theyre fine,
    i'm not saying i want a riba' loan, but i definately would want to buy a house with an islamic loan if such a thing is possible, i mean i prefer it over rent,
    imagine u buy a house at age 25, it costs 150.000 euros no riba', if you pay the (islamic halal) loan on a 20 year bases which is only 625 euros a month, then you are 45, imagine u live until ur 75, you have 30 more years to save the same amount of money, 625 euros, you leave your children with 225.000 euros and a house, whereas if you rent you leave your children with nothing but your last name.

and i am not a person focussed on money wallah i would live in a shed as long as i have some books and a prayer mat in sha Allah, but i'm just seeing it how it is, in the example i gave the person who chose to rent spoiled 375.000 euros over 50 years (if his rent is 625 euros a month), and to my knowledge wasting is haram as well?

Surah Al Baqarah ayah 21

Mentioned
    604 Post(s)
    Quoted
    9198 Post(s)

and who made you the big boss to judge what seems right or wrong lool

well my parents haven't had any misery, even my aunty as a single mum bought a house and yes she had to fix some things but it was an old house, my granny & granddad bought a house and theyre fine,
    i'm not saying i want a riba' loan, but i definately would want to buy a house with an islamic loan if such a thing is possible, i mean i prefer it over rent,
    imagine u buy a house at age 25, it costs 150.000 euros no riba', if you pay the (islamic halal) loan on a 20 year bases which is only 625 euros a month, then you are 45, imagine u live until ur 75, you have 30 more years to save the same amount of money, 625 euros, you leave your children with 225.000 euros and a house, whereas if you rent you leave your children with nothing but your last name.

and i am not a person focussed on money wallah i would live in a shed as long as i have some books and a prayer mat in sha Allah, but i'm just seeing it how it is, in the example i gave the person who chose to rent spoiled 375.000 euros over 50 years (if his rent is 625 euros a month), and to my knowledge wasting is haram as well?

simple math innit?

btw i'm not judging anything, i don't have any intention of taking a riba' loan, i'm just doing the simple maths and i conclude

Surah Al Baqarah ayah 21

pizza is life
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quoted
    451 Post(s)

wasting? its only wasting if your spending it on waste here you are paying to provide a roof over your wife and kids and who says you need to own a house to leave behind that's such a materialistic thing we live for something better and our nabi SAW left nothing behind, who says you need to own a house who says that is what makes a man a man ...wallah its useless when the guy died hes rolling in his grave kuz his family is fighting over the property and then ppl are not distributing it properly that all comes on the head of the dead and he suffers in the grave for the fasaad his wealth he left behind him has caused. ppl these days dont distribute according to islam they keep it all in family and the shares given is wrong its not islamic no one gives a portion to charity they keep it all, this is a very big sin on the head of the dead.

pizza is life
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quoted
    451 Post(s)

simple math innit?

btw i'm not judging anything, i don't have any intention of taking a riba' loan, i'm just doing the simple maths and i conclude
    according to your maths a man with a debt but more savings is richer than the man with no debt and less savings lol
    but yh don't get me wrong i aint bashing you for this im sure you're wise enough to make the right decision and the right decision is life sucks so just rent even if you seem "poor", but dw in the eyes of the good you are the richest

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2266 Post(s)

[email protected] of two evils. weirdest defination of evil.
    Believe none of what you hear, and only half of what you see.

Mentioned
    604 Post(s)
    Quoted
    9198 Post(s)

according to your maths a man with a debt but more savings is richer than the man with no debt and less savings lol
    but yh don't get me wrong i aint bashing you for this im sure you're wise enough to make the right decision and the right decision is life sucks so just rent even if you seem "poor", but dw in the eyes of the good you are the richest
    I dont understand you, the math i made is simple and clear i would think, and no the prophet didnt leave anything behind, but no one should fight over money after one died, Allah made clear laws about how it should be shared after ones death.

U dont sound logical to me, you spend money throughout your life and you dont have anything left in the end vs u spend money on something of which you will have something left, the difference is clear to me

Surah Al Baqarah ayah 21

Mentioned
    604 Post(s)
    Quoted
    9198 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by InTheBegining View Post
    [email protected] of two evils. weirdest defination of evil.
    Riba' is evil, even though it now seems rent isnt riba'

I still see tenting a waste of money if you can buy through the same work

Surah Al Baqarah ayah 21

pizza is life
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quoted
    451 Post(s)

I dont understand you, the math i made is simple and clear i would think, and no the prophet didnt leave anything behind, but no one should fight over money after one died, Allah made clear laws about how it should be shared after ones death.

U dont sound logical to me, you spend money throughout your life and you dont have anything left in the end vs u spend money on something of which you will have something left, the difference is clear to me
    i like talking about the present your maths talks about 20-30 years in the future what if you die then and ur burden of a loan is passed down then what ... plus ur so called logic doesn't make sense, if its haraam then its haraam simple nothing else should be added to it if it's haraam you suck it up and say ok and then leave it there no point thinking of how good it is etc and how renting is crap and doesnt make sense, its the halal way so just do it.

pizza is life
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quoted
    451 Post(s)

Riba' is evil, even though it now seems rent isnt riba'

I still see tenting a waste of money if you can buy through the same work
    well i guess tough luck and just accept it lol your not destined to own a house and many die without one its simple really. if you want a house make dua for allah to give you more rizq so you can buy one but for now if you can't afford it then pay for a house as its not wasting money its you paying for a need like food is ... if you don't eat you die but if you eat it's wasting it as it comes out as shit .... just like that if you don't have a home you're not providing for your family with a place etc so you have to rent one for them and just live with it i guess. money isnt something you keep its something thats supposed to be spent and spend it to benefit your aakhirah and the future of your kids etc what good is leaving a house when your kids have no appreciation for it how about you feed them halal and let them live in a riba free house so that allah may have mercy on them and make them the coolness of your eyes.

Mentioned
    604 Post(s)
    Quoted
    9198 Post(s)

i like talking about the present your maths talks about 20-30 years in the future what if you die then and ur burden of a loan is passed down then what ... plus ur so called logic doesn't make sense, if its haraam then its haraam simple nothing else should be added to it if it's haraam you suck it up and say ok and then leave it there no point thinking of how good it is etc and how renting is crap and doesnt make sense, its the halal way so just do it.
    If my parents die now they leave me with a house thats worth let's say 200.000 euros and they have lets say 5 years on their loan eft that means i sell the house for 200.000, then i have 200.000 and i pay of the 5 years left on their loan which will leave me with lets say 190.000 euros. share that with my brother and i can afford myself a house without having to take a loan even, Alhamdulillah how easy you can make the life of your children if you do this for them, again, i'm not superficial and i don't nee all of this, but its just logical thinking.

i don't need to be rich, i don't care about money or wealth, all i'm saying is why live in poverty if with the same means you can have certain things...

Surah Al Baqarah ayah 21

pizza is life
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quoted
    451 Post(s)

If my parents die now they leave me with a house thats worth let's say 200.000 euros and they have lets say 5 years on their loan eft that means i sell the house for 200.000, then i have 200.000 and i pay of the 5 years left on their loan which will leave me with lets say 190.000 euros. share that with my brother and i can afford myself a house without having to take a loan even, Alhamdulillah how easy you can make the life of your children if you do this for them, again, i'm not superficial and i don't nee all of this, but its just logical thinking.

i don't need to be rich, i don't care about money or wealth, all i'm saying is why live in poverty if with the same means you can have certain things...
    well the final answer is that riba to begin with is haraam the fact your parents took it out is a major sin for them and on their heads till death and beyond unless allah forgives them.
    and im saying you live in poverty so that your not held accountable if you cant afford it keep renting i cant see why you don't see this main point and keep saying "well with renting its not yours and with a loan its yours in years" the biggest point is its not what allah likes so dont do it simple other bs explanations don't make sense to me if its not allowed then bas leave it at that don't say well eventually it's your property etc and its not the same you can rent riba free so take that option simple

Mentioned
    604 Post(s)
    Quoted
    9198 Post(s)

well the final answer is that riba to begin with is haraam the fact your parents took it out is a major sin for them and on their heads till death and beyond unless allah forgives them.
    and im saying you live in poverty so that your not held accountable if you cant afford it keep renting i cant see why you don't see this main point and keep saying "well with renting its not yours and with a loan its yours in years" the biggest point is its not what allah likes so dont do it simple other bs explanations don't make sense to me if its not allowed then bas leave it at that don't say well eventually it's your property etc and its not the same you can rent riba free so take that option simple
    you should have noticed since post 12 i was talking about an islamic loan, since i would never take a riba' loan, and i was just proving the point that buying is better then renting if the loan is haram.

my parents arent muslims, so i wouldnt follow in their footsteps in terms of taking riba' loan, even though my savings are collecting riba' as we speak, because they put them on a riba' savings account

Surah Al Baqarah ayah 21

pizza is life
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quoted
    451 Post(s)

you should have noticed since post 12 i was talking about an islamic loan, since i would never take a riba' loan, and i was just proving the point that buying is better then renting if the loan is haram.

my parents arent muslims, so i wouldnt follow in their footsteps in terms of taking riba' loan, even though my savings are collecting riba' as we speak, because they put them on a riba' savings account
    tbh theres no such thing as a riba free loan especially in the west if there is then sure take the loan and pay them back riba free but its very hard to find one.
    "buying is better then renting if the loan is haram"
    i assume you mean halal? then yes it is however some ppl like me are very cautious when it comes to dealing with ppl i have never and inshaa allah allah keeps it this way owed anyone money and even if there was a halal loan i wouldn't take it much rather just rent a place out.
    plus im very unpredictable i travel a lot and i tend to stay in different places sometimes for extended time being tied down by a loan would drive me mad so personally for me a halal loan is a no go but to others its fine however a haraam loan is deffo a no go.

i've been replying to you according to the first post didn't realise you were talking about a halal loan in the middle.

Mentioned
    604 Post(s)
    Quoted
    9198 Post(s)

tbh theres no such thing as a riba free loan especially in the west if there is then sure take the loan and pay them back riba free but its very hard to find one.
    "buying is better then renting if the loan is haram"
    i assume you mean halal? then yes it is however some ppl like me are very cautious when it comes to dealing with ppl i have never and inshaa allah allah keeps it this way owed anyone money and even if there was a halal loan i wouldn't take it much rather just rent a place out.
    plus im very unpredictable i travel a lot and i tend to stay in different places sometimes for extended time being tied down by a loan would drive me mad so personally for me a halal loan is a no go but to others its fine however a haraam loan is deffo a no go.

i've been replying to you according to the first post didn't realise you were talking about a halal loan in the middle.
    yes i meant a halal loan, well then i understand your point

also if renting is completely harmless, its also nice if you can buy a house and rent it out to someone, and then with the money the person who rents pays you with you can pay of your own house or rent,

lol if i was rich i would just rent out some houses, but that probably wont ever happen haha

Surah Al Baqarah ayah 21

pizza is life
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quoted
    451 Post(s)

yes i meant a halal loan, well then i understand your point

also if renting is completely harmless, its also nice if you can buy a house and rent it out to someone, and then with the money the person who rents pays you with you can pay of your own house or rent,

lol if i was rich i would just rent out some houses, but that probably wont ever happen haha
    coolioooo guess we on the same page now

i can buy a house but it'll be a pain dealing with it im happy with the 2 i have now (owned by family and riba free but i tc of it) tbh allhamdulillah

if i was rich i would move to a cave and customize it to my liking get solar panels etc and just live like a caveman ... modern caveman cave.jpg

thought of it many times even told my farther to sell all the houses he owns and to just go live off the grid but apparently im being crazy ... ill show em one day lol

i was thinking of buying this recently
    https://www.kyero.com/en/property/41...r-sale-huescar

but parents are against it and they wont live with me
    Last edited by babadods; 17-05-17 at 01:30 PM.

Mentioned
    722 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6315 Post(s)

renting isn't riba, buying a house on a mortgage is
    I wouldn't mind living with inlaws or renting a place, unless hubby can afford buying a place (they're expensive though so i'm not expecting this lol) but wouldn't be okay with him getting a mortgage.. since that's haram.
    And with Him are the keys of the Ghayb (all that is hidden), none knows them but He. And He knows whatever there is in the land and in the sea; not a leaf falls, but He knows it. There is not a grain in the darkness of the earth nor anything fresh or dry, but is written in a Clear Record”
    [al-An’aam 6:59]

Mentioned
    337 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3516 Post(s)

WARNING

The limit has been exceeded for back and forth posts between the genders in the thread.

Please desist from further activity and minimize the interaction in the future.

RAS

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quoted
    217 Post(s)

Do you know the reason why Riba is bad regardless of Islam? The house you buy will only increase the difficulties for your children to buy an house. Before Riba/loaning was a thing houses were incredibly cheap (compared to now). 20-30 years ago you could buy a house for 50-100k and an appartment for less than 40k. Now you can only buy a garage or a car for that money.
    Inflation is corrupting this world more than enough already. So I advice you stay away from it.

Odan
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Quoted
    480 Post(s)

3 houses? lol. the house next door is on sale for £600,000. by the time I can afford to own one, I will be sleeping in my grave.
    Know that the life of this world is but amusement and diversion and adornment and boasting to one another and competition in increase of wealth and children...

-Quran (57:20)

Odan
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Quoted
    480 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Creamcake View Post
    renting isn't riba, buying a house on a mortgage is
    I wouldn't mind living with inlaws or renting a place, unless hubby can afford buying a place (they're expensive though so i'm not expecting this lol) but wouldn't be okay with him getting a mortgage.. since that's haram.
    respect to the renters. its falls in line with Islam where Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said be in this life as if your a traveller.
    Know that the life of this world is but amusement and diversion and adornment and boasting to one another and competition in increase of wealth and children...

Mentioned
    604 Post(s)
    Quoted
    9198 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by deen1984 View Post
    3 houses? lol. the house next door is on sale for £600,000. by the time I can afford to own one, I will be sleeping in my grave.
    Thats cus u prolly live in a big city
    Here a house to renovate is 50k-120k
    A house to live in 110k-200k

Big houses above that, and here, you can buy a castle for 600k no joke, a real castle

Surah Al Baqarah ayah 21

Odan
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Quoted
    480 Post(s)

Thats cus u prolly live in a big city
    Here a house to renovate is 50k-120k
    A house to live in 110k-200k

Big houses above that, and here, you can buy a castle for 600k no joke, a real castle
    I guess a good short cut is to buy a tiny 1 bed house, 2 bed maybe. then do an extension.

Mentioned
    604 Post(s)
    Quoted
    9198 Post(s)

I guess a good short cut is to buy a tiny 1 bed house, 2 bed maybe. then do an extension.
    My brother boughta house last week it went 80k, it needs new windows and some isolation but its overall not that bad, it was supercheap and has 3 bedrooms, small bathroom though and small garden, its a medium house, halfopen..

I guess i could only buy a house if i were to inherit or magixally receive the sum of money

Surah Al Baqarah ayah 21

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    97 Post(s)

Several important points on this topic.

-It is a valid point that Muslims are not building capital. I remember someone from Afghanistan in Germany pointing out to me that nearly everyone in Afghandstand owns their house. This is one reason the riba banking backed armies want to invade and destroy the Muslim lands, to get people working for them. If you rent you are making someone else rich.

-With more property comes more responsibility. Sometimes major maintenance stuff happens requires thousands upon thousands of euros/dollars/whatever in work. If you rent you don't have to deal with all this maintenance and repairs.

-This mentality of living permanently in the west under the protection of the US military as in Europe is not right. Muslims should not try to build lives in these lands and put down permanent roots.

In Egypt it is cheaper to buy land, and once people have the land they will do a partnership with a bunch of other families that is like a collective savings plan. All families put in say 500 a month, if it is 10 families each month one family gets 5000. This money they can use to do something on their house, for example improve the kitchen, put on plaster, get flooring.

-in my experience the so called halal loans in the west are anything but, and may Allah destroy the scholars who accept money to give fatwa calling them as such.

-If you are tied to such a loan the bank basically holds you hostage because if you don't pay the whole thing they take the property and all your investment in it..since the economy is generally involved in riba you are likely to get sucked deeper into it since you will want to protect your investment with insurance(most loans require you to have insurance, and the same people that own the banks also own the insurance companies, surprise surprise) and if you did lose your job then you are compelled and pressured toward a bunch of questionable jobs as a result.

-Manipulating the real estate market is one major way that the economies in kafir countries are built up, and by buying a house you are also increasing the influence and power of the wealthy of these countries by propping up property values. Property values drive construction, additionally all of the excessive and unnecessary luxuries are required by law in these countries, also to prop up and increase the economic power of these countries, so these issues along with the availability of credit and people accepting the credit drives up housing prices which means it becomes even harder to buy without taking out credit in a vicious cycle. Allah destroyed all of the wealth built up through riba in Europe in world War 2, and this is the promise of Allah to destroy the wealth of riba, and the stupid kuffar are on track to bring this type of calamity on themselves again. So if people think they are getting stability and security with this kind of dealing they are wrong- they just have too short of a memory. My grandparents were kids when a large percentage of the houses in Europe were destroyed, and now people are repeating the same mistakes, thinking it will never happen again. I read a book about financial crises and the conclusion was the reason they happen is because people think they won't happen again. And surprise surprise, no one thinks anything like wold war 2 will happen again.

So buying a house is a real means of building capital, it's correct, but it is also a trap. The people who deal in riba are the enemies of Allah, why would you want to enrich them and make them stronger? And it is also a promise of Allah through his Messenger, Sal Allahu alaihi wasalam, that if the Muslims become satisfied with the life of this world that they will be humiliated until they return to their religion... and this is the condition that so many Muslims are in. The solution is not to do like the kuffar and try to build up wealth by further enriching the Jewish Zionist overlords, but to return to the religion and obey Allah. And this means not taking the kuffar as awliya (protectors) in preference to the Muslims.
    Last edited by AbuSammy; 19-05-17 at 10:22 AM.

Odan
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Quoted
    480 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AbuSammy View Post
    Several important points on this topic.

-It is a valid point that Muslims are not building capital. I remember someone from Afghanistan in Germany pointing out to me that nearly everyone in Afghandstand owns their house. This is one reason the riba banking backed armies want to invade and destroy the Muslim lands, to get people working for them. If you rent you are making someone else rich.

-With more property comes more responsibility. Sometimes major maintenance stuff happens requires thousands upon thousands of euros/dollars/whatever in work. If you rent you don't have to deal with all this maintenance and repairs.

-This mentality of living permanently in the west under the protection of the US military as in Europe is not right. Muslims should not try to build lives in these lands and put down permanent roots.

In Egypt it is cheaper to buy land, and once people have the land they will do a partnership with a bunch of other families that is like a collective savings plan. All families put in say 500 a month, if it is 10 families each month one family gets 5000. This money they can use to do something on their house, for example improve the kitchen, put on plaster, get flooring.

-in my experience the so called halal loans in the west are anything but, and may Allah destroy the scholars who accept money to give fatwa calling them as such.

-If you are tied to such a loan the bank basically holds you hostage because if you don't pay the whole thing they take the property and all your investment in it..since the economy is generally involved in riba you are likely to get sucked deeper into it since you will want to protect your investment with insurance(most loans require you to have insurance, and the same people that own the banks also own the insurance companies, surprise surprise) and if you did lose your job then you are compelled and pressured toward a bunch of questionable jobs as a result.

-Manipulating the real estate market is one major way that the economies in kafir countries are built up, and by buying a house you are also increasing the influence and power of the wealthy of these countries by propping up property values. Property values drive construction, additionally all of the excessive and unnecessary luxuries are required by law in these countries, also to prop up and increase the economic power of these countries, so these issues along with the availability of credit and people accepting the credit drives up housing prices which means it becomes even harder to buy without taking out credit in a vicious cycle. Allah destroyed all of the wealth built up through riba in Europe in world War 2, and this is the promise of Allah to destroy the wealth of riba, and the stupid kuffar are on track to bring this type of calamity on themselves again. So if people think they are getting stability and security with this kind of dealing they are wrong- they just have too short of a memory. My grandparents were kids when a large percentage of the houses in Europe were destroyed, and now people are repeating the same mistakes, thinking it will never happen again. I read a book about financial crises and the conclusion was the reason they happen is because people think they won't happen again. And surprise surprise, no one thinks anything like wold war 2 will happen again.

So buying a house is a real means of building capital, it's correct, but it is also a trap. The people who deal in riba are the enemies of Allah, why would you want to enrich them and make them stronger? And it is also a promise of Allah through his Messenger, Sal Allahu alaihi wasalam, that if the Muslims become satisfied with the life of this world that they will be humiliated until they return to their religion... and this is the condition that so many Muslims are in. The solution is not to do like the kuffar and try to build up wealth by further enriching the Jewish Zionist overlords, but to return to the religion and obey Allah. And this means not taking the kuffar as awliya (protectors) in preference to the Muslims.
    good points. the argument we hear about owning a house so we can hand down to our kids is very flimsy. this just means your kids wont lift a finger as everything will be provided for them. I would rather help a muslim country like Turkey. can buy apartments from £25,000 in North Cyprus, that is the Turkish Republic of North Cyprus

Odan
    Mentioned
    224 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2079 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AbuSammy View Post
    This is true.

Not many people realise the gravity of sins incurred by partaking in this.

Another common excuse is: 'Everyone else does it, why can't we?'

They fail to see the devastating repercussions of this.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quoted
    217 Post(s)

good points. the argument we hear about owning a house so we can hand down to our kids is very flimsy. this just means your kids wont lift a finger as everything will be provided for them. I would rather help a muslim country like Turkey. can buy apartments from £25,000 in North Cyprus, that is the Turkish Republic of North Cyprus
    Prices of houses in Turkey have inflated incredibly quick in the past 10 years thanks to riba...

a muslim in a odd place HelloEverybody's Avatar
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Quoted
    665 Post(s)

One greatest gift that my folks gave me is they never took loan to get house, although this is was due to financial reason above anything else.

It allowed me to have no connection to the country and pushed me to gain abilities that to become more independent from surrounding society.

In middle ages jews weren't allowed to own property and had few other avenues for work one of of which was loan lending, so they became really good at it and many modern day inventions in commerce are from them.

Mentioned
    722 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6315 Post(s)

respect to the renters. its falls in line with Islam where Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said be in this life as if your a traveller.
    Exactly... and ppl are always like 'it's a waste of money etc when I could have my 'own' house' but that's rubbish coz nothing is ultimately ours anyway, its a blessing from Allah s.w.t and then it creates attachment and very few ppl can avoid houses without mortgage.. if one can, that's awesome.. if not, then it shouldn't even be an option.. ppl just think its 'normal' and 'common' so 'it must be okay', even though its not, of course...
    And with Him are the keys of the Ghayb (all that is hidden), none knows them but He. And He knows whatever there is in the land and in the sea; not a leaf falls, but He knows it. There is not a grain in the darkness of the earth nor anything fresh or dry, but is written in a Clear Record”
    [al-An’aam 6:59]