Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Please do not 'Rep'. Jzk. Fakhri's Avatar
    Mentioned
    208 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1201 Post(s)

Re: locked thread on using jinn for good/permissible matters.

Assalamu alaikum warahmatullah.

Last thread has been closed for edit abuse.
    Br @Abu 'Abdullah , I was actually in the process of writing a response to the brothers who replied and also requesting to you and sister Hajar, to close the thread - before you 'took action.'

In reply to the brothers who responded...

[email protected] mohammad
    Br @MuslimThinker

The few scholars who appear to have ruled in favour of it are from at least two of the most eminent scholars (ra), especially in the sight of those of us who are strictest on such matters. I assume this ruling if followed popularly would be quite problematic as it would open the door to abuse and the things that their adherents are striving to eradicate, hence it's lack of exposure by other scholars within this movement?

The matter isn't about me going to seek assistance of jinn, br Abo mohammad. It is a case of finding out a person prepared ruqya treatment with the assistance of jinn and whether or not to use this treatment for someone and to trust this person - who is also a scholar himself?

Of course my first reaction was to reject it and respond quite angrily at this. However, it seems things aren't exactly as they first appeared.
    LAA ILAAHA ILLALLAH
    -------------------------------
    "And if you would count the graces of God, never could you be able to count them. Truly, God is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful." (Qur'aan 16:18)
    NOTE: Please kindly do NOT rep my posts. (Jazaa'akumullah).

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    97 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fakhri View Post
    Assalamu alaikum warahmatullah.

Last thread has been closed for edit abuse.
    Br @Abu 'Abdullah , I was actually in the process of writing a response to the brothers who replied and also requesting to you and sister Hajar, to close the thread - before you 'took action.'

In reply to the brothers who responded...

[email protected] mohammad
    Br @MuslimThinker

The few scholars who appear to have ruled in favour of it are from at least two of the most eminent scholars (ra), especially in the sight of those of us who are strictest on such matters. I assume this ruling if followed popularly would be quite problematic as it would open the door to abuse and the things that their adherents are striving to eradicate, hence it's lack of exposure by other scholars within this movement?

The matter isn't about me going to seek assistance of jinn, br Abo mohammad. It is a case of finding out a person prepared ruqya treatment with the assistance of jinn and whether or not to use this treatment for someone and to trust this person - who is also a scholar himself?

Of course my first reaction was to reject it and respond quite angrily at this. However, it seems things aren't exactly as they first appeared.
    Very interesting and relevant topic. Part of how I became Muslim was through a treatment for alcoholism that a native American doctor did on me that I believe involved good jinn. It is hard for me to condemn this treatment now because I feel the Iman I have now and the fact that I haven't had a drink in 6 years is owed to it. He is also a person who is very receptive to Islam although cautious because he is a member of a tribe and they don't break from their tribe as readily as us western individuals. I understand how whole tribes used to enter Islam.

In any case I am surprised to hear this ruling.

Muslims are so tolerant of western medicine but they don't realize that a lot of the power of it is also psychological and based in ritual, as if the ummah has been so powerfully brainwashed by colonialism into thinking everything relating to European medicine is automatically halal although there may be doctors, pharmicists, and researchers working with jinn as well, if they are wearing white coats and have degrees from European universities it is all good.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    280 Post(s)

'hence it's lack of exposure by other scholars within this movement?'

I always thought scholars go by things on a matter of principle. So if some said using sihr/jinn for 'good' can be ok then there is something that we do not know about the principles in a fundamental way.

'Things aren't exactly as they first appeared.' If there are different opinions by eminant scholars then would it not be arrogant for a layperson to say that these scholars are wrong when they say things like there is no such thing?

Those are the questions I have.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    211 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AbuSammy View Post
    Very interesting and relevant topic. Part of how I became Muslim was through a treatment for alcoholism that a native American doctor did on me that I believe involved good jinn. It is hard for me to condemn this treatment now because I feel the Iman I have now and the fact that I haven't had a drink in 6 years is owed to it. He is also a person who is very receptive to Islam although cautious because he is a member of a tribe and they don't break from their tribe as readily as us western individuals. I understand how whole tribes used to enter Islam.

In any case I am surprised to hear this ruling.

Muslims are so tolerant of western medicine but they don't realize that a lot of the power of it is also psychological and based in ritual, as if the ummah has been so powerfully brainwashed by colonialism into thinking everything relating to European medicine is automatically halal although there may be doctors, pharmicists, and researchers working with jinn as well, if they are wearing white coats and have degrees from European universities it is all good.
    Little more to it... western medication includes years of research, case study after case study using double blind testing to isolate suuccess and failure rates, side effects, and placebo effects. All of which is data people can look up and see scientifically recorded, charted, and graphed. so little more than wearing a white coat or ritual.

I guess doctors include rituals of disefecting medical instruments and rooms, testing equipment, and disinfection and cleaning hands before operations... want them to stop these rituals?

And yes, I would like my doctor have years of training and education... so yes, a degree does show this. I am not one to put much faith of my life and my health to someone off the street that says trust me, this will work.
    Last edited by Door; 14-05-17 at 01:52 PM.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    211 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Door View Post
    Little more to it... western medication includes years of research, case study after case study using double blind testing to isolate suuccess and failure rates, side effects, and placebo effects. All of which is data people can look up and see scientifically recorded, charted, and graphed. so little more than wearing a white coat or ritual.
    I actually would not this western medicine, but any good medical practiced around the world may it be Japan, China, India, Cuba, or Africa and more.

Please do not 'Rep'. Jzk. Fakhri's Avatar
    Mentioned
    208 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1201 Post(s)

(Br @Abu 'Abdullah sr @.Hajar. Please kindly remove this thread. The other one was a bad idea and I posted the question privately to the relevant party already.

I'm not intending for this to create discussion as this is a very serious matter. This thread was just in reply to the brothers who replied and others who may have read the initial thread. )
    LAA ILAAHA ILLALLAH
    -------------------------------
    "And if you would count the graces of God, never could you be able to count them. Truly, God is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful." (Qur'aan 16:18)
    NOTE: Please kindly do NOT rep my posts. (Jazaa'akumullah).