Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Odan
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1256 Post(s)

Wearing turban (forgotten sunnah)

Turban is a sunnah of our prophet s.a.w but generally we have left wearing the turban.

I've noticed that most of the scholars also don't wear turban whereas they enjoin the people to follow the sunnah of prophet s.a.w.

It is related:“On the day of the Conquest of Makkah, the Prophet ‏s.a.w‏ entered Makkah, and he was wearing a black turban (imāmah).”
    [Tirmidhī, Jami and Shamā’il]

In another narration: The Prophet ‏s.a.w called for Ali (Allah be pleased with him) on the Day of Ghadīr Khūm and wrapped a turban on his head and hung the tail draped down Ali’s back. The Prophet (‏s.a.w‏ then said, “Wear turbans for indeed the turban is a symbol of Islam and it is a barrier between the Muslims and the Polytheist!”

[Abu Nuaym: Marifat as-Sahābah from ʿAbdur-Rahman ʿAdī al-Bahrāni]

It has also been related: The Prophet ‏s.a.w‏ said, “Adopt wearing the turban for indeed it is the mantle of the Angels and hang the tail of it on your backs!”

[Tabarānī, al-Kabīr from Ibn ʿUmar; Bayhaqī, Shuʿab al-Īman]

Also narrated: The Prophet (ﷺ) came with thobes from charity and distributed them amongst his companions and said, “Wear turbans and differentiate yourselves from the nations that proceeded you!”
    [Bayhaqī, Shuʿab al-Īman from the Tābʿī Khālid bin Mʿadān in a mursal narration]

It has also been related that the Prophet said, “Wear turbans! Increase in discernment! Turbans are the crowns of the Arabs.”

[Bayhaqī, Shuʿab al-Īman from Usamah bin ʿUmayr] (Ibn Hajar mentions the narration is weak but has a corroborating narration.)

The like of these narrations have been transmitted from other sources with similar wording and meaning. See [ad-Dʿiāmah, Jʿafar al-Katāni]...
    http://seekershub.org/ans-blog/2014/...wear-a-turban/

Mentioned
    308 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2750 Post(s)

Re: Wearing turban (forgotten sunnah)

azc for once I agree with you.

Good to see you mentioned the status of the hadith as mursal and so forth.

Mentioned
    308 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2750 Post(s)

اتفق الفقهاء على استحباب ستر الرأس في الصلاة للرجل بعمامة وما في معناها؛ لأنه صلى الله عليه وسلم كان يصلي بالعمامة
    أما المرأة فواجب ستر رأسها

The scholars are united on the fact that it is recommended for men to cover their head in prayer by means of a turban or that which is similar because he () used to pray with a turban.

As for the women it is obligatory for them to cover their head.

Mentioned
    722 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6318 Post(s)

Jazakhallahu khairan brother
    And with Him are the keys of the Ghayb (all that is hidden), none knows them but He. And He knows whatever there is in the land and in the sea; not a leaf falls, but He knows it. There is not a grain in the darkness of the earth nor anything fresh or dry, but is written in a Clear Record”
    [al-An’aam 6:59]

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quoted
    254 Post(s)

Not a lot of people wear them anymore. Unless I go to indo-pak Masjids.
    "The organisation that is called as "the state" puts effort to destroy jihad in Sham as they destroyed it in Iraq because of their obvious transgressions against Quran and Sunnah." Abu Khalid as-Suri (Rahimahullah)

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Quoted
    703 Post(s)

brother

Mentioned
    409 Post(s)
    Quoted
    9459 Post(s)

I really want one. A nice black one.

Odan
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1256 Post(s)

Sahih Muslim

by Imam Muslim, translation by Abdul Hamid Siddiqui , Volume: The Book of Purification (Kitab Al-Taharah)

'Urwa b. al Mughira b. Shu'ba reported it on the authority of his father that he said: The Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) lagged behind (in a journey) and I also lagged behind along with him. After having relieved himself he said: Have you any water with you? I brought to him a jar of water; he washed his palms, and face, and when he tried to get his forearms out (he could not) for the sleeve of the gown was tight. He, therefore, brought them out from under the gown and, throwing it over his shoulders, he washed his forearm. He then wiped his forelock and his turban and his socks. He then mounted and I also mounted (the ride) and came to the people. They had begun the prayer with 'Abd ar-Rabmin b. 'Anf leading them and had completed a rak'a. When he perceived the presence of the Apostle of Allah (may peace be upon him) he began to retire. He (the Holy Prophet) signed to him to continue and offered prayer along with them. Then when he had pronounced the salutation, the Apostle (may peace be upon him) got up and I also got up with him, and we offered the rak'a which had been finished before we came.

Ibn Mughira narrated it from his father: The Apostle of Allah (may peace be upon him) wiped over his socks and over his forehead and over his turban.

This hadith has been transmitted by Ibn Mughira on the authority of his father by another chain of transmitters.

Bakr reported that he had heard from the son of Mughira that verily the Apostle of Allah (may peace be upon him) performed ablution and wiped over his forehead and wiped over his turban and over his socks.

It is narrated from Bilal that the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) wiped over the socks and turban, and in the hadith transmitted by 'Isa b. Yaunus the words are:" Bilal narrated it to me."

This tradition is transmitted by A'mash with this addition;, I saw the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him)."

http://www.theonlyquran.com/hadith/S...31&pagesize=15

Mentioned
    590 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1569 Post(s)

Truly, a beloved sunnah
    وَالْعَصْرِ

إِنَّ الْإِنسَانَ لَفِي خُسْرٍ

إِلَّا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا وَعَمِلُوا الصَّالِحَاتِ وَتَوَاصَوْا بِالْحَقِّ وَتَوَاصَوْا بِالصَّبْرِ

"If Allah (swt) only sent this Surah to us, for the guidance of Mankind, this will be enough for us” - Imam Shaafi'ee r.a.

"Yeh dunya daar e faani hain, Tum apna dil mat lagaon, Ganimat samaj zinadagee ki bahar, aana na hoga, yahaa baar baar......"

Khanqah Habibiyah

Odan
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Quoted
    862 Post(s)

bro

I am not sure if wearing the turban constitutes as a sunnah, IslamQA seem to say that it is simply a customary practice, which we can follow if we want but its not classed a sunnah

The gauge for customary practices is: Everything that is done by human nature and there is no apparent intent of worship or legislation or invitation to imitate in it such as; standing and sitting, eating and drinking, sleeping, taking shade, walking, combing hair and the lengthening or shortening of it, the wearing of a waist wrapper, (upper) body cover, shirt (robe) or turban because people must wear garments and the Prophet (may Allah’s peace and blessings be upon him) wore these garments which existed among his people.

https://islamqa.info/en/151146

The turban – like any other article of clothing – is subject to people’s customs. If you are among people who customarily wear the turban, then wear it; if you are among people who do not customarily wear the turban – rather they wear the ghutrah (Arab headdress) or leave their heads uncovered, then do what they do. End quote.

https://islamqa.info/en/155330

Last edited by hasan2013; 02-05-17 at 02:38 PM.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quoted
    277 Post(s)

i agree, not many people wear this days.
    only a certain few.
    even most Religious teachers don't wear them.
    I suppose some don't wear because of afraid that one might fall in riyak (one of the few despicable attributes Sum'ah, ujub ,Takabur )
    so it depends on the individual though, because only Allah truly knows ones intentions.

if a person sees everyone wearing one, and the person is its in the environment and culture that everyone is wearing the turban, then i suppose there is less chance of that.
    its good to see people wearing them ,so we know how Rasullulah(pbuh) and his companions sahabah R.A looked like wearing one, and its kind of a reminder to us.
    its a kind of inspiration too , really. A symbol of islamic strength, I might say. (sorry if i not sure how to describe this well and if its the wrong word - symbol)

Mentioned
    590 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1569 Post(s)

My daddy and all 2 of my teachers wear it all the time masha'Allah
    وَالْعَصْرِ

إِنَّ الْإِنسَانَ لَفِي خُسْرٍ

إِلَّا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا وَعَمِلُوا الصَّالِحَاتِ وَتَوَاصَوْا بِالْحَقِّ وَتَوَاصَوْا بِالصَّبْرِ

"If Allah (swt) only sent this Surah to us, for the guidance of Mankind, this will be enough for us” - Imam Shaafi'ee r.a.

"Yeh dunya daar e faani hain, Tum apna dil mat lagaon, Ganimat samaj zinadagee ki bahar, aana na hoga, yahaa baar baar......"

Khanqah Habibiyah

Odan
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1256 Post(s)

1. Imam Muslim and Imam Tirmidhi رحمهما الله narrate on the authority of Jabir Ibn Abdillah رضي الله عنهما who said:

أن النبي صلى الله عليه وسلم دخل يوم فتح مكة وعليه عمامة سوداء

“The Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم entered Makkah on the day He conquered it, and he was wearing a black turban.”

2. Imam Muslim رحمه الله narrates on the authority of ‘Amr Ibn Huraith that his father said:

أن رسول الله صلى الله عليه وسلم خطب الناس وعليه عمامة سوداء

“The Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم delivered the (farewell) sermon while wearing a black turban.”

3. Imam Abu Dawud and Imam Tirmidhi رحمهما الله narrate on the authority of Abu Sa’eed al-Khudri رضي الله عنه who said:

كان رسول الله صلى الله عليه وسلم إذا استجد ثوبا سماه باسمه عمامة أو قميصا أو رداء ثم يقول اللهم لك الحمد أن كسوتنيه أسألك خيره وخير ما صنع له وأعوذ بك من شره وشر ما صنع له

“Whenever the Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم would wear a new garment, He would give it a name; whether it was a Qamis, turban or a shawl. Then He would say: `O Allah! For You is the Praise, You have clothed me, I ask You for its good and the good for which it was made, and I seek refuge in You from its evil and the evil for which it was made”

4. Imam Tirmidhi رحمه الله narrates on the authority of Abdullah Ibn Umar رضي الله عنهما who said:

كان النبي صلى الله عليه وسلم إذا اعتم سدل عمامته بين كتفيه

“When the Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم wore a turban, He would let the tail hang between His shoulder blades.”

The vast majority of ‘Ulama agree that from among the Prophet’s favoured clothing is the turban.

(Ibn al-Jawzi in al-Wafa: 2/140, al-Maktabah al-Asriyyah and al-Qastalani in al-Mawahib al-Laduniyyah: 2/184, al-Maktabah at-Tawfiqiyyah)

Sahih Al-Bukhari Volume #1 pg#536

Ibn Abbas (Radhiallaahu Án) reports that Rasulullah (Sallallaahu Álayhi Wasallam) addresses the Shaba while wearing a black turban.

Sahih Al-Bukhari Volume #1, Book 4, Hadith # 204

Narrated Ja'far bin 'Amr: My father said, "I saw the Prophet (Sallallaahu Álayhi Wasallam) passing wet hands over his turban and Khuffs (leather socks)."

Sahih Al- Muslim Book 2, Hadith # 0535

Narrated Bilal ibn Rabah: Rasulullah (Sallallaahu Álayhi Wasallam) wiped over the socks (khufs) and turban (Imaamah). In the hadith transmitted by Isa ibn Yunus the words are: 'Bilal narrated it to me.

Sahih Al- Muslim Book 7, Hadith # 3146

Narrated Jabir ibn Abdullah: Rasulullah (Sallallaahu Álayhi Wasallam) entered Mecca. Qutaybah stated that he entered Mecca in the Year of Victory, wearing a black turban, but not wearing the Ihram. (also reported by Tirmidhi vol.1 pg 304 and Ibn majah pg205)

Sahih Al- Muslim Book 7, Hadith # 3148

Narrated Amr ibn Hurayth (Radhiallaahu Án) Rasulullah (Sallallaahu Álayhi Wasallam) addressed the people (on the day of the Victory of Mecca) with a black turban on his head.

Sanan Abu Dawood Book 1, Hadith # 0147

Narrated Anas ibn Malik: I saw Rasulullah (Sallallaahu Álayhi Wasallam) perform ablution. He had a Qutri turban. He inserted his hand beneath the turban and wiped over the forelock, and did not untie the turban.

Sanan Abu Dawood Book 32, Hadith # 4027

Narrated Sa'd: I saw a man riding on a white mule and he had a black turban of silk and wool (not pure silk). He said: The Rasulullah (Sallallaahu Álayhi Wasallam) put it (the turban) on me. This is the version of Uthman, and there is the word akhbara in his tradition.

Abu Dawood Book 32, Hadith # 4068

Narrated AbdurRahman ibn Awf: Rasulullah (Sallallaahu Álayhi Wasallam) put a turban on me and let the ends hang in front of him and behind me.

Tirmidhi from the book Shamaa'il Tirmidhi pg #108 Hadith # 109

Amr bin Hurayth (Radhiallaahu Án) relates that Rasulullah (Sallallaahu Álayhi Wasallam) gave the khutbah and he was wearing a black turban on his head.

Abu Dawood and Tirmidhi

Roknah (Radhiallaahu Án) reports that Rasulullah (Sallallaahu Álayhi Wasallam) said "The distinction between us and the polytheists is the turbans over our caps. "Note : Also quoted by Al-Tabrizi in his Mishkat Al-Masabih and this clears up the false notion that this was just the way of the arabs and not a particular practice of Rasulullah (SAW)

Tabrani, Haakim and Nahabi have mentioned this to be SAHIH Hadith

Ataa bin Rabaah (Radhiallaahu Án) that Rasulullah (Sallallaahu Álayhi Wasallam) tied a white turban (Imaama) on the head or AbdulRahman ibn Auf (Radhiallaahu Án).

MISHKAT page #377 and also reported by Baihaqi in Shuabul Imaan.

Ubadah (Radhiallaahu Án) reports that Rasulullah (Sallallaahu Álayhi Wasallam) "Make a practice of tying Turbans since it is a hallmark of the angels." Note: Here Rasulullah(SAW) is even advising others to wear the Imaama!

Tabrani
    Musa Ashari (Radhiallaahu Án) narrates that Jibraeel would come to Rasulullah (Sallallaahu Álayhi Wasallam) wearing a turban.

Haakim cited in the book Mustadrak Haakim vol34 pg#540

Aisha (Radhiallaahu Ánha) reports a on the occasion of the battle of the trench a man came to Rasulullah (Sallallaahu Álayhi Wasallam)wearing a Turban and when she asked Rasulullah (Sallallaahu Álayhi Wasallam) about this man he informed her this was Jibraeel.
    Haakim has declared this hadith to be SAHIH)
    At-Tabrani and Haakim reports this to be reliable Hassan
    (Also quoted in Tabarani's al-Mu`jam al-kabir (1:162), Bazzar's Zawa'id, al-Hakim's Mustadrak (4:193), al-Khatib al- Baghdadi's Tarikh Baghdad (11:394), and Ibn `Asakir's Tahdhib tarikh dimashq al-kabir (5:178). Also in the book Turban Thowb and kufi by Maulana FazlurRahman on pg#24)

Ibn Abbas (Radhiallaahu Án) reports that Rasulullah(SAW) said "Adopt the Turban as it will increase your Hilm ( good character, intelligence, patience)."

The opions of great Scholars on the Turban...

Al-Munawi said in the commentary on Tirmidhi's al-Shama'il.
    "The turban is a Sunnah, especially for prayer and for self beautification, because of the many narration's concerning it."

Shaikh-ul-hadith Zakarriya Khandalwi (Rahimahullah)

"The tying of the Turban is a "Sunnate Mustamirrah" (Prepetually adhered to the practice of Rasulullah (Sallallaahu Álayhi Wasallam) and Rasulullah (Sallallaahu Álayhi Wasallam) has enjoined the tying of the turban upon us. It has been reported in the hadith that Rasulullah (Sallallaahu Álayhi Wasallam) said "Tie the turban. it will increase you in forbearance."

Shaikh Muhammad Ibn Jameel Zino (Imam Muhammad Ibn Saud Islamic University) in his book Al-Shamail Al-Muhammadiyyah on page #106)

Headwear are symbols of nations and many Muslims imitate the unbelievers by wearing their head wear. In fact, covering their heads with a Turban, or even a scarf, is better for them and further from resembling the unbelievers.

Maulana Fazlul Karim

(This is from his commentary of Mishkat vol#1 pg#630)

"The holy Prophet (Sallallaahu Álayhi Wasallam) used to wear a Turban and he said that the angels also wear it in the heavens and the turban protects the head and adorns the face."

Murtada al-Zabidi (Rahimahullah)
    (In his commentary on Ghazali's Ihya' `ulum al-din entitled Ithaf al-sadat al-muttaqin 3:253.)

"The turban is desired (mustahabb) on Fridays for both the imam and the congregation, and Nawawi said that it is desired for the imam to beautify his appearance (i.e. more than everyone else), wear the turban, and wear a rida' (jubba, a loose outer garment or robe). The application of the Sunnah consists in winding the turban on the head or on top of a qalansuwa (kufi). It is preferable to wear it large, but it is necessary to define its length and width by what fits the wearer's custom according to his time and place. To add to this is disliked by the Law."

The Practice of the pious scholars...

Ibn Hajar Al-Asqalani (Rahimahullah) mentioned in FathulBaari pg#491 and 493

That Imaam Bukhari and Imaam Muslim both wore Turbans.
    Note: that they were not arabs but took this practice as the Sunna of Rasulullah (Sallallaahu Álayhi Wasallam) .

Ibn Al-Jawzi and Ibn Al-Qayyim
    (In Rawdat al-muhibbin p. 225.)

"Hasan al-Basri (Rahimahullah) wore a Black Turban"
    Imaam Nawawi (Rahimahullah)
    ( quoted from the biographical notice for Imaam Nawawi in the Reliance of the Traveller.)

"Imaam Nawawi all his life possessed only a thawb (long shirt) and a turban"

Odan
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1131 Post(s)

I haven't found anything about this being obligatory

Odan
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1131 Post(s)

But I have found this: https://sunnah.com/muslim/15/1

Odan
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1131 Post(s)

Nvm, that's while on Hajj.

Mentioned
    1120 Post(s)
    Quoted
    16475 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JoNaEl View Post
    Nvm, that's while on Hajj.
    Good.
    You think you know more than my scholar's qiyās? He was more learned than you and all other scholars combined. Yeah, the devil was the greatest scholar too and look where his qiyās of fire being better than tīn got him. Sorry.

You follow your scholar's qiyās, and I will follow the Qur'ān and Sunnah.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Quoted
    703 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JoNaEl View Post
    I haven't found anything about this being obligatory
    No one said it's obligatory dear brother. What is being said is that wearing the turban is a precious and blessed practice of our Beloved Nabi , so it's a Sunnah.

Mentioned
    273 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3811 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mazuiz View Post
    No one said it's obligatory dear brother. What is being said is that wearing the turban is a precious and blessed practice of our Beloved Nabi , so it's a Sunnah.
    I sometimes wear one, especially on Eid. Funny thing is you'll always get some brothers trying to put you off, one even went as far as to call it the dress of the people of innovation, one guy even told me this whilst wearing a baseball cap,
    another said I shouldn't wear my black imamah because it's the dress of the shi'a.

The sunnah has become something strange to the people and one of the things I love and respect about the TJ is the way they don't have any shyness in wearing the sunnah dress.
    FOLLOW THE NEW BLOG - GINGERBEARDMAN - Muslim, father, husband, writer, defender of ginger rights!

www.facebook.com/outreach4Islam - Outreach4Islam have been working together in Leicester, calling the not yet Muslims to Islam since 2006.

Odan
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1131 Post(s)

Oooooh,

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    97 Post(s)

AW: Wearing turban (forgotten sunnah)

I remember reading one narration that specifically recommended wrapping the turban because it increases some quality like fortitude or concentration. It was definitely worded as a something in between a command and a recommendation ..."wrap the turban".

Many these days, like the azhari folks have pre wrapped turbans. Often turbans today are missing the tail but clearly from the hadith the tail is important.

The Islamqa cannot say it is sunnah for the exact reason observed- Saudi state ulama have uniforms, and the turban is not part of the uniform. To admit that it is sunnah would be a step towards discrediting the religious establishment in Saudi.

I read some hadith that mentioned that the turbans of the Prophet (sal Allahu alaihi wasalam) were either 8 or 12 arms lengths long. I know I read somewhere they were long enough that you could tie a goat to a tree with one and the goat would still have room to walk. An arms length would have to be about a meter so I was thinking recently if you got stuck on the second floor in a burning building you could use one to tie to something and climb out the window.

Practically, I realized when I was reading about the sunnah of carrying a stick, that the stick serves not only to help with balance and walking and to impart an air of dignity, but also that it was just not prudent or socially acceptable for a man to ever go out without a weapon. A stick was a light weapon but when we think of how many hadith there are where sahaba, Radhi Allahu anhum, are beaten, it makes sense to carry a stick.

The turban, if you actually put one on, you realize it really could absorb some serious hits. That amount of fabric wrapped around your head provides major cushioning. Even if you are hit so hard on the head as to draw blood, the fabric will absorb the blood and keep your eyes clear, and having your eyes fill with blood and momentarily losing your vision in a combat situation could be the difference between life and death.

One way of wrapping the turban is under the chin too, and it can easily be adapted to cover the mouth to avoid breathing dust, especially important if there are a group of riders and you are not in front. Another advantage is if you are dripping sweat, the tail can be used to mop it up, although it will already absorb the sweat.

Of course these are all details the scholars of today sitting in their air conditioned musalas don't like to talk about.

The thing is, as we grow closer to the sunnah in our lives, the sunnah also becomes increasingly relevant. If we actually start to enjoin good and forbid evil we are going to make enemies, and carrying a stick could become a way to determine opportunists who might like to jump us.

Even in a gun battle it is possible to get grazed on the head, in which case a turban could keep the blood from going in the eyes.

Jazahu Allahu khair to the brother who started this topic, may Allah facilitate you in reviving this and many more beautiful sunnah of our beloved, sal Allahu alaihi wasalam.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Quoted
    703 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gingerbeardman View Post
    I sometimes wear one, especially on Eid. Funny thing is you'll always get some brothers trying to put you off, one even went as far as to call it the dress of the people of innovation, one guy even told me this whilst wearing a baseball cap,
    another said I shouldn't wear my black imamah because it's the dress of the shi'a.

The sunnah has become something strange to the people and one of the things I love and respect about the TJ is the way they don't have any shyness in wearing the sunnah dress.
    SubhanAllah. Salafis should wear turbans more, so people don't think it's a Sufi thing. It was the dress of our Nabi .
    May Allah keep you steadfast and blessed gingerbearded bro

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    97 Post(s)

SubhanAllah. Salafis should wear turbans more, so people don't think it's a Sufi thing. It was the dress of our Nabi .
    May Allah keep you steadfast and blessed gingerbearded bro
    The sheikh Khalid Hussainan I think has an excellent example of wearing a sunnah turban. Tablighi jamat and sufis wear turbans but not according to sunnah- the original sunnah turban is almost 10 meters long so it is wrapped many times and there is still a tail left over after. The turban can absorb not only sweat but also blood from a blow to the head and keep the eyes free of blood which could be a lifesaver. If you wrap that much cloth around your head someone can throw a rock at your head or swing a stick at your head and it would feel like nothing.. also if you were to wear it under a helmet it would prevent chafing and make the helmet more comfortable. It also shades the eyes at this sickness because without him out of cloth wrapped around the head it does create a brim of shade on the face. With that length of cloth it can also easily be wrapped around the face to absorb dust when riding.

If you do a search for "Khalid husainan" (rahimulllah) on archive.org and see his eid khutba from I think 1428, or his message to Barack Obama you can see how he wears it... it is as close to the sunnah as I think I have seen someone wear it these days from my understanding of the hadith about the turban. I would post links but I think one of the videos might be produced by as sahaba media, and since I am new on this forum I don't know if that is allowed. Educational in any case.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

I wear a turban MashAllah, I love it and it's even easier to hide hair if you don't feel like messing with hair. There's many ways to wrap it by the Sunnah, different colours, and you will even get respect from the most unexpected people. InshAllah please follow the Sunnah

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Quoted
    703 Post(s)

Bump.

I want to wear mine, but I don't know if I should iron it, and every time I'm about to, i chicken out. May Almighty Allah give us tawfeeq.

Combating Coconuts in UF
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quoted
    938 Post(s)

Just to differentiate,

Wearing the turban is more of a sunnah fieliya. It's not something the Prophet himself recommended us to do, but it was something he was going.

You're not really losing anything nor should you be called out for not wearing a turban.
    Stop being apologetic to Kuffars!

If I don't engage with you or reply to any of your question, it's likely because I find you racist and a total waste of time.

Combating Coconuts in UF
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quoted
    938 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gingerbeardman View Post

Just to clarify, it's not devislh for an individual to tell you to stop wearing the turban if indeed Shias are the only one wearing the turban in your community or sufis.

Wearing a turban is sunnah fileiya, something the prophet himself used to do but its not a sunnah that he himself asked us to do.

In fact, many scholars from the salaf today say that if its not worn in community, don't wear it.
    Stop being apologetic to Kuffars!

If I don't engage with you or reply to any of your question, it's likely because I find you racist and a total waste of time.

Odan
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Quoted
    821 Post(s)

I struggle to tie and up end looking hideous.

Can Brothers share some advice on how to tie?

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Quoted
    703 Post(s)

Bump

I started wearing one on Jumu'ahs.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Quoted
    703 Post(s)

@Ekoor

Have you used a mirror?

Odan
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Quoted
    821 Post(s)

@Ekoor

Have you used a mirror?
    Hasn't gone any better

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Quoted
    703 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ekoor View Post
    Hasn't gone any better
    Maybe you could ask an experienced person, or a scholar who you would think would be good at it, to show you how.

(This video might help.)

https://youtu.be/sT6lxqpYWaY

Odan
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Quoted
    821 Post(s)

Maybe you could ask an experienced person, or a scholar who you would think would be good at it, to show you how.

(This video might help.)

https://youtu.be/sT6lxqpYWaY
    Very common where I live... but I am shy to ask in all honesty...

Jazak-Allah for the video bro...

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Quoted
    703 Post(s)

Very common where I live... but I am shy to ask in all honesty...

Jazak-Allah for the video bro...
    The shyness is understandable, I am also the same way. But if it's a good person, they would be happy to help you practice a sunnah.
    Also, you will get better with practice.

Odan
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Quoted
    821 Post(s)

The shyness is understandable, I am also the same way. But if it's a good person, they would be happy to help you practice a sunnah.
    Also, you will get better with practice.
    I rather youtube until I get it right Isnha-Allah

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Quoted
    703 Post(s)

I rather youtube until I get it right Isnha-Allah
    thats cool insha'Allah

Account Disabled

Mentioned
    172 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1588 Post(s)

Wearing turban (forgotten sunnah)

@mazuiz

You must look like a boss on jumu’ah

I dont have the confidence to pull it off like you

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Quoted
    703 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Faith reloaded View Post
    @mazuiz

You must look like a boss on jumu’ah

I dont have the confidence to pull it off like you
    Lol.

It's not really confidence. I usually feel super self concious and anxious, like everyone's staring at me. And my mind usually keeps thinking to fast and putting waswasa and different types of bad thoughts. So I try to get out before anyone can catch me.

I just have to remind myself why I put the 'Imamah on in the first place, to practice a sunnah.

Mentioned
    691 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7581 Post(s)

how many of you brothers wear the turban (imamah)?

:

i havent wore it for a while, thinking about starting to wear it again,
    so just wondering how many of you brothers wear the turban (imamah)?

Surah Taha, Verse 69:

وَأَلْقِ مَا فِي يَمِينِكَ تَلْقَفْ مَا صَنَعُوا إِنَّمَا صَنَعُوا كَيْدُ سَاحِرٍ وَلَا يُفْلِحُ السَّاحِرُ حَيْثُ أَتَىٰ

"And throw that which is in your right hand! It will swallow up that which they have made. That which they have made is only a magician's trick,
    and the magician will never be successful, no matter whatever amount (of skill) he may attain."

Self Help Ruqya Shari'ah Guide
    http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthrea...Shari-ah-Guide

Practical Self Ruqya
    http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthrea...=1#post7492713

Is there such a thing as good magic? by Abu Ibraheem
    http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthrea...y-Abu-Ibraheem

Don't fear the Jinn - Muhammad Tim Humble
    http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthrea...mad-Tim-Humble

Exposing Black Magic
    http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthrea...ing+black+mgic

The History of Black Magic
    http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthrea...hlight=history

Real Magicians And Sorcerers
    http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthrea...-And-Sorcerers

How to destroy a taweez ? Ruqya related questions answered
    http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthrea...tions-answered

Exposing Taweez...
    http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthrea...xposing-Taweez

Ruqyah Audio
    http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthrea...4-Ruqyah-Audio

Sorcerer's Plot | Arabic | English Subtitles | Every Muslim must watch this video
    http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthrea...ing+black+mgic

Mentioned
    651 Post(s)
    Quoted
    8016 Post(s)

Re: how many of you brothers wear the turban (imamah)?