Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Please do not 'Rep'. Jzk. Fakhri's Avatar
    Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1197 Post(s)

Exclamation RACE TO 500: Brothers Vs Sisters (24:30) - (2. Good Character & Honouring Others.)

Bismillahir-Rahmaanir-Raheem.

Assalamu alaikum warahmatullah.

Details in this thread:

http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthrea...48#post7356648

Round 1. (Justice, Integrity, Honesty)
    http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthrea...grity-Honesty-)

Brothers Vs Sisters Challenge.

Let's channel some of the our famous debating energies by competing in this healthy rivalry instead.

Tasks, mini competitions and quizzes to score points.

RULES:

NO AUTOMATED SEARCHES internet, app search, or asking others, etc. Only manual searching of books, apps and memory (!)

Muliple choice questions mean deducted points for incorrect answer and only one answer allowed per person.

We are Muslims, be mindful of Allah Ta'aalaa. No cheating in big things or small things.

Please do keep things strictly free of joking between genders those who do post on here - warned the thread will be closed if that goes on.

(Time for start not set)
    15-25 questions to be asked on the following topic, InshaaAllah:

Good Character & Honouring Others

Brothers, Need to win this!
    Sisters, Prepare for onslaught!

(And yes. Once more, Not now. When it starts . InshaaAllah.)

Attachment 86810

CURRENT SCORE:
    Brothers: 24
    Sisters:30

(Each round is a fresh contest but the points are added each time to the overall scores.)

IMPORTANT

Please remember, dear brothers and respected sisters, our goal is to refresh our minds of the teachings on these topics so that we are, inshaaAllah, more mindful of acting on them and bringing them into/strengthening them in our lives.

LAA ILAAHA ILLALLAH
    -------------------------------
    "And if you would count the graces of God, never could you be able to count them. Truly, God is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful." (Qur'aan 16:18)
    NOTE: Please kindly do NOT rep my posts. (Jazaa'akumullah).

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1498 Post(s)

Re: RACE TO 500: Brothers Vs Sisters (24:30) - (2. Good Character & Honouring Others.

*subscribed

اَللّٰهُمَّ قِنِيْ شَرَّ نَفْسِيْ وَاعْزِمْ لِيْ عَليٰ أَرْ شَدِ أَمْرِيْ

Allaahumma qinii sharra nafsii wa’-zim lii ‘alaa arshadi amrii. (‘Imran ibn Husayn. Musnad Ahmad #19141)

O Allah, protect me from the evil of my self and give me the determination to do what is most right in my affairs.

Aameen

Odan
    Mentioned
    302 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3288 Post(s)

Re: RACE TO 500: Brothers Vs Sisters (24:30) - (2. Good Character & Honouring Others.

Nice. Again, prepare for some ruthlessness.

Last time I had to leave for about an hour, or else we all know what the result would have been (this is just pre-game trash talk)

Mentioned
    341 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2611 Post(s)

When is it akhi? Good thread
    Ya Allah,
    Make me a stronger person today. Make me a better person out of all these. It is no longer bearable for me for my heart is aching and You are the only One who knows how I feel. Nothing is making sense to myself and for anyone else for that matter especially to the one person I wish to understand me better than anybody else.
    "Don't use the sharpness of your tongue on the mother who taught you how to speak

Mentioned
    565 Post(s)
    Quoted
    8323 Post(s)

Huh? How do we already have 30 points?
    يَٰٓأَيُّهَا ٱلنَّاسُ ٱعْبُدُوا۟ رَبَّكُمُ ٱلَّذِى خَلَقَكُمْ وَٱلَّذِينَ مِن قَبْلِكُمْ لَعَلَّكُمْ تَتَّقُونَ

O mankind, worship your Lord, who created you and those before you, that you may become righteous

Surah Al Baqarah ayah 21

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1498 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aynina View Post
    Because we played last time sis, you must have missed it. I think Br. Fakhri provided the link to the other thread at the top, he usually does link his threads.

So the sisters won 30 points already.

aynina can you revise the topic Inshallah? Good character and honouring others.

Allaahumma qinii sharra nafsii wa’-zim lii ‘alaa arshadi amrii. (‘Imran ibn Husayn. Musnad Ahmad #19141)

O Allah, protect me from the evil of my self and give me the determination to do what is most right in my affairs.

Aameen

Mentioned
    565 Post(s)
    Quoted
    8323 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rifqah View Post
    Because we played last time sis, you must have missed it. I think Br. Fakhri provided the link to the other thread at the top, he usually does link his threads.

So the sisters won 30 points already.

aynina can you revise the topic Inshallah? Good character and honouring others.
    Sis im not sure if iwould be any good at this, i do have things pop up in my mind but i cant really speak before i double check in case i say something stupid, i do this a lot and then i feel really stupid and embarrassed
    يَٰٓأَيُّهَا ٱلنَّاسُ ٱعْبُدُوا۟ رَبَّكُمُ ٱلَّذِى خَلَقَكُمْ وَٱلَّذِينَ مِن قَبْلِكُمْ لَعَلَّكُمْ تَتَّقُونَ

O mankind, worship your Lord, who created you and those before you, that you may become righteous

Surah Al Baqarah ayah 21

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1197 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aynina View Post

I think I tagged sister at the time, since she was online at the time, along with a few others.

Round one (see link on OP) was quite a tussle. Bros took the lead then relaxed... And a combination of Sr -qed- , Sr Cupboard and Sr Rifqah, along with a few others left us brothers in the dust. Tried to claw our way back into it with Br A.Basheer and Br Deeni Akh. Too little too late, though.

Brothers:
    @Theistic
    @Thunderstorm @Deeni Akh

Sisters
    @Creamcake
    @lonelyniqabi @Rumaysah~

The topic has been given, so inshaaAllah, we all have an idea of what to expect.

Planned time for this...

Sunday 3:00 PM (UK TIME) inshaaAllah.

(I'll try my best to make sure it goes ahead on that time, inshaaAllah. Still, there are quite a few things going on that might derail it, so letting it be known now in case it doesn't.)
    Last edited by Fakhri; 21-04-17 at 08:58 PM.
    LAA ILAAHA ILLALLAH
    "And if you would count the graces of God, never could you be able to count them. Truly, God is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful." (Qur'aan 16:18)

Mentioned
    565 Post(s)
    Quoted
    8323 Post(s)

Oh okay i will try to be there in sha Allah

Surah Al Baqarah ayah 21

Mentioned
    708 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6280 Post(s)

I can't take part..my work schedule is 10am to 10pm on Friday, Saturday and Sunday..:/
    If I wasn't working..I would have though. Really good idea,br Fakhri. Jazakhallahu khairan for organising it
    And c'mon sisters we can do it! @-qed- gyaldem you best be in this lool
    And with Him are the keys of the Ghayb (all that is hidden), none knows them but He. And He knows whatever there is in the land and in the sea; not a leaf falls, but He knows it. There is not a grain in the darkness of the earth nor anything fresh or dry, but is written in a Clear Record”
    [al-An’aam 6:59]

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1498 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Creamcake View Post
    I can't take part..my work schedule is 10am to 10pm on Friday, Saturday and Sunday..:/
    If I wasn't working..I would have though. Really good idea,br Fakhri. Jazakhallahu khairan for organising it
    Me too, I have to work Sunday this week Inshallah so I will be rooting for us sisters in spirit along with sister Creamcake

Cmon sisters!

Aameen

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2619 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Creamcake View Post
    Not sure if I can. I need to go to a dinner on Sunday but not sure what time it ends. Good topic though
    Ya Rab! When you give me wealth, do not take away my happiness. When you give me strength, do not take away my intelligence. When you give me victory, do not take away my humility. When you give me humility, do not take away my dignity.

Odan
    Mentioned
    302 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3288 Post(s)

Hey how come I'm not in it... what about the ruthlessness

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1140 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fakhri View Post
    I think I tagged sister at the time, since she was online at the time, along with a few others.

Round one (see link on OP) was quite a tussle. Bros took the lead then relaxed... And a combination of Sr -qed- , Sr Cupboard and Sr Rifqah, along with a few others left us brothers in the dust. Tried to claw our way back into it with Br A.Basheer and Br Deeni Akh. Too little too late, though.

Brothers:
    @Theistic
    @Thunderstorm @Deeni Akh

Sisters
    @Creamcake
    @lonelyniqabi @Rumaysah~

The topic has been given, so inshaaAllah, we all have an idea of what to expect.

Planned time for this...

(I'll try my best to make sure it goes ahead on that time, inshaaAllah. Still, there are quite a few things going on that might derail it, so letting it be known now in case it doesn't.)

Nice timing. I will participate InshaaAllah.

truth. beauty. justice.
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Quoted
    52 Post(s)

I have to get ready for a class at that time but I'll try to come on for a bit.

Mentioned
    182 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1696 Post(s)

Brothers:
    @Theistic
    @Thunderstorm @Deeni Akh

Sisters
    @Creamcake
    @lonelyniqabi @Rumaysah~

Planned time for this...

brother for informing, I will try my best in sha Allah to join if possible.

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1075 Post(s)

I would love to take part in something like this, but it's on the weekend (most users are available then) except for Foxxy :/
    Do not entertain evil thoughts or it will sow a seed in your soul...

Odan
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quoted
    580 Post(s)

If I'm available at 3 PM tomorrow, then I'll be ready to help bring victory to the bro's. Insha'Allah.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quoted
    126 Post(s)

interesting, ive the read the whole 1st thread earlier. quite the friendly competition!
    i support this
    support them gentlemen go guys!

Odan
    Mentioned
    302 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3288 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MuslimThinker View Post
    interesting, ive the read the whole 1st thread earlier. quite the friendly competition!
    i support this
    support them gentlemen go guys!
    Son... son. We got it under control in sha Allah. We got this.

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1197 Post(s)

Bismillah.

Assalamu alaikum warahmatullah.

Starting, inshaaAllah...
    LAA ILAAHA ILLALLAH

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1197 Post(s)

Q1

وَقَضَىٰ رَبُّكَ أَلَّا تَعْبُدُوا إِلَّا إِيَّاهُ وَبِالْوَالِدَيْنِ إِحْسَانًا ۚ إِمَّا يَبْلُغَنَّ عِنْدَكَ الْكِبَرَ أَحَدُهُمَا أَوْ كِلَاهُمَا فَلَا تَقُلْ لَهُمَا ___ وَلَا _____ وَقُلْ لَهُمَا قَوْلًا كَرِيمًا

'And your Lord has decreed that you not worship except Him, and to parents, good treatment. Whether one or both of them reach old age [while] with you, say not to them [so much as], "___," and do not ____ them but speak to them a noble word.'

In which surah is this ayah found?

What are two words missing from an appropriate translation?

(3)
    LAA ILAAHA ILLALLAH

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1140 Post(s)

Q1

وَقَضَىٰ رَبُّكَ أَلَّا تَعْبُدُوا إِلَّا إِيَّاهُ وَبِالْوَالِدَيْنِ إِحْسَانًا ۚ إِمَّا يَبْلُغَنَّ عِنْدَكَ الْكِبَرَ أَحَدُهُمَا أَوْ كِلَاهُمَا فَلَا تَقُلْ لَهُمَا ___ وَلَا _____ وَقُلْ لَهُمَا قَوْلًا كَرِيمًا

'And your Lord has decreed that you not worship except Him, and to parents, good treatment. Whether one or both of them reach old age [while] with you, say not to them [so much as], "___," and do not ____ them but speak to them a noble word.'

In which surah is this ayah found?

What are two words missing from an appropriate translation?

(3)

Surah Al-Israa'

"uff" , "repel"

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1197 Post(s)

(Tagging a few of us online...

Brothers and sisters:

@budi.sudaryo @Bismil @Morose
    @aynina @LailaTheMuslim @Demure @Hannahk92

Please pardon the tagging if uninterested in this. )
    Last edited by Fakhri; 23-04-17 at 02:11 PM.
    LAA ILAAHA ILLALLAH

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1197 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lonelyniqabi View Post
    Surah Al-Israa'

"uff" , "repel"
    Alhamdulillah. Correct

Bros: 0
    Sisters: 3
    LAA ILAAHA ILLALLAH

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1197 Post(s)

Q2. Narrated Abu Sufyan: That Heraclius sent for him and said, "What did he, i.e. the Prophet order you?" I replied, "He orders us to offer prayers; to give alms; to be chaste; and to keep good relations with our __________ (Bukhari)

Who?

(2)
    LAA ILAAHA ILLALLAH

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1140 Post(s)

Q2. Narrated Abu Sufyan: That Heraclius sent for him and said, "What did he, i.e. the Prophet order you?" I replied, "He orders us to offer prayers; to give alms; to be chaste; and to keep good relations with our __________ (Bukhari)

Who?

(2)

Relatives.

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1197 Post(s)

Relatives.
    Alhamdulillah. Yes.

Sisters: 5
    LAA ILAAHA ILLALLAH

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1197 Post(s)

Q3.

وَالَّذِينَ جَاءُوا مِنْ بَعْدِهِمْ يَقُولُونَ رَبَّنَا اغْفِرْ لَنَا وَلِإِخْوَانِنَا الَّذِينَ سَبَقُونَا بِالْإِيمَانِ وَلَا تَجْعَلْ فِي قُلُوبِنَا غِلًّا لِلَّذِينَ آمَنُوا رَبَّنَا إِنَّكَ

In the above Aayah from surah Al Hashr, Allah Ta'aalaa teaches us a du'aa.

"And [there is a share for] those who came after them, saying, "Our Lord, forgive us and our brothers who preceded us in faith and put not in our hearts [any] resentment toward those who have believed. Our Lord, indeed You are _____ and ______."

Which two Attributes does Allah Ta'aalaa teach us to describe him by at the end of this du'aa? (Arabic or English)

(2)
    Last edited by Fakhri; 23-04-17 at 02:23 PM.
    LAA ILAAHA ILLALLAH

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1140 Post(s)

Q3.

وَالَّذِينَ جَاءُوا مِنْ بَعْدِهِمْ يَقُولُونَ رَبَّنَا اغْفِرْ لَنَا وَلِإِخْوَانِنَا الَّذِينَ سَبَقُونَا بِالْإِيمَانِ وَلَا تَجْعَلْ فِي قُلُوبِنَا غِلًّا لِلَّذِينَ آمَنُوا رَبَّنَا إِنَّكَ

In the above Aayah from surah Al Hashr, Allah Ta'aalaa teaches us a du'aa.

And [there is a share for] those who came after them, saying, "Our Lord, forgive us and our brothers who preceded us in faith and put not in our hearts [any] resentment toward those who have believed. Our Lord, indeed You are _____ and ______."

Which two Attributes does Allah Ta'aalaa teach us to describe him by at the end of this du'aa? (Arabic or English)

(2)
    رؤوف رحيم

Kind and Merciful

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1197 Post(s)

رؤوف رحيم

Kind and Merciful
    Yes. Alhamdulillah.

Sisters: 7
    LAA ILAAHA ILLALLAH

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1197 Post(s)

Q4. The following incident is narrated in a Hadith recorded in Bukhari.

In the year 6 Ah, Rasool (sallalahu `alayhi wa sallam) and 1400 of his Sahaba left Madinah for Makkah with the intention of performing Umrah. The kuffaar of Quraish, in their pride and evilness, prevented Muslims from entering into Makkah. Consequently, the prophet (sallalahu `alayhi wa sallam) encamped at a valley called "Al Hudaibiyyah" and signed a peace treaty with the Kaafirs of Quraish.

One of the points chalked in the treaty were that there will be no more wars between them for 10 years and that Muslims should return to Makkah the following (next) year to do their pilgrimage. This was contradictory to what the Sahabaas had planned, and they were angry and offended by the terms and conditions of the treaty and deemed it an insult to them.

Arabs are a men of honour and this is reflected in their original culture. Nevertheless, they were more offended as they had to enter Madinah back again without having entered Makkah. Thereafter signing the treaty, the prophet (sallalahu `alayhi wa sallam) commanded them to carry on with the rituals of Umrah at the valley itself. Thus he told them to slaughter their animals and shave their heads.

They all heard him but not a single person got up to carry out his (sallalahu `alayhi wa sallam)'s order. So he (sallalahu `alayhi wa sallam) repeated the command three times and still not one sahaba got up to obey.

After seeing that no one was ready to comply with the order, he (sallalahu `alayhi wa sallam) went to his wife (r.a) and told her about the entire incident. Upon hearing this, his wife (r.a) advised him to go out to them, without telling them anything and slaughter his animal and shave his heads in front of them to see. The prophet (sallalahu `alayhi wa sallam) took her advice and did as Ummal Momineen advised. When the sahaba saw that rasool (sallalahu `alayhi wa sallam) slaughtered his animal and shaved his head, then they all got up to follow and copy him. They helped shave each other with zeal and enthusiasm to the extent that they almost shaved the very skin.
    LAA ILAAHA ILLALLAH

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1197 Post(s)

Which mother of ours was it who suggested to Rasoolullah to do what he eventually did?

A) Juwairiya (ra)
    B) Aaishah (ra)
    C) Umm salamah (ra)
    D) Hafsa (ra)

(3)

Points deducted for incorrect answer.
    LAA ILAAHA ILLALLAH

truth. beauty. justice.
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Quoted
    52 Post(s)

رؤوف رحيم

Kind and Merciful
    sis lonelyniqabi!

barakallahu feeki.

truth. beauty. justice.
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Quoted
    52 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by fakhri View Post
    which mother of ours was it who suggested to rasoolullah To do what he eventually did?

A) juwairiya (ra)
    b) aaishah (ra)
    c) umm salamah (ra)
    d) hafsa (ra)

(3)

points deducted for incorrect answer.
    c

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1197 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cupboard View Post
    c
    Yes. Alhamdulillah.

Sisters: 10
    LAA ILAAHA ILLALLAH

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1197 Post(s)

Q5. Ya’la Ibn Mura says: “I went out with the Prophet - prayers and peace of Allah be upon him - for a food invitation. Al-Hussain son of Ali was playing in the street, whereupon the Prophet hurried in front of the people towards him to catch him while Al-Hussain was running right and left to escape. Moreover, he used to take Osama Ibn Zaid and Al-Hassan Ibn Ali and place them on his thighs then he would tightly hug them and say: “O Allah have mercy on the as I have ___________ ” [Reported by Al-Bukhari 6003]

What?

(2)
    LAA ILAAHA ILLALLAH

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1140 Post(s)

Which mother of ours was it who suggested to Rasoolullah to do what he eventually did?

A) Juwairiya (ra)
    B) Aaishah (ra)
    C) Umm salamah (ra)
    D) Hafsa (ra)

(3)

Points deducted for incorrect answer.
    C) Umm Salamah R.A

* I'm not 100% sure :/

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1197 Post(s)

C) Umm Salamah R.A

* I'm not 100% sure :/
    Answer given. And correct anyway so... All good.
    LAA ILAAHA ILLALLAH

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1140 Post(s)

Answer given. And correct anyway so... All good.

If we're not totally sure, can we look up the answer? Not Google, but like hadith or Qur'an site. Of course if it's not the answer I won't post it.