Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2262 Post(s)
    Believe none of what you hear, and only half of what you see.

Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1405 Post(s)

Re: Former notorious motorbike gangleader embraces Islam

Is he in prison?

The good bloke
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    392 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by .khayriyyah. View Post
    Is he in prison?
    They kicked him out of the country

Victory is promised... Deeni Akh's Avatar
    Mentioned
    765 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7123 Post(s)

الحمد و الشكر لله

اللهم ثبته في الدين و أعز الإسلام به

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    319 Post(s)

Is he in prison?
    No.

Former Adelaide gang leader Vince Focarelli voluntarily leaves Australia, ahead of being deported

Exclusive — Nigel Hunt, The Advertiser
    March 23, 2017 3:48am

FORMER gang leader Vince Focarelli has fled Australia — and is unlikely to be allowed to return.

The Advertiser can reveal Focarelli left Adelaide on Thursday night and flew to Melbourne, where he boarded an international flight bound for Italy.

He fled Australia fearing he would be taken into custody and held in a detention centre while fighting moves by the Immigration Department to revoke his visa.

The Advertiser revealed last month that Focarelli was served with a notice of intent by the Immigration Department that it intended to cancel his visa on character grounds.

He had 28 days to put a submission to the department justifying why he should be allowed to remain in the country.

He was allowed an extension until April 3, but has opted to leave the country prior to the adjudication process beginning.

A spokesman for Immigration Minister Peter Dutton confirmed Focarelli had left Australia.

In an interview earlier this week Focarelli – who survived five assassination attempts at the hands of gangland rivals – signalled his intention to fight his visa cancellation from overseas.

“If I stick around and wait for them, then there’s a chance I could be taken to a detention centre,” he said.

“Once I settle down, my wife and daughter will come along.”

Focarelli last week closed his Carrington St restaurant and has put it up for sale.

Focarelli last year said he had reformed since embracing Islam and becoming a Muslim.

However, despite his claim that he had left his criminal life behind him, Focarelli was still abiding by the bikie code of silence.

He has consistently refused to provide police Major Crime detectives with a statement that would allow them to arrest and charge the bikie who shot and killed his stepson Giovanni, 22, and wounded Focarelli in an ambush attack at Dry Creek in 2012.

Focarelli, who was a key figure in more than a decade of gang-related violence in Adelaide, is the 42nd South Australian to be targeted under the strengthened provisions of the Immigration Act.

Calling himself Imran Salaam, Focarelli is the second high-profile Adelaide bikie gang figure to be targeted under the measure, with Mongols treasurer Andrew Peter Stevens still fighting his deportation through the courts.

Stevens was forcibly removed from his home and flown to the Christmas Island detention centre last June, along with another lesser-known Adelaide gang figure, ex-Comanchero Paul Burgess.

In 2014, Albanian organised crime figure Leonard Gjeka — who ironically was the gunman in one of the failed assassination attempts on Focarelli — was also deported from Adelaide under Section 501.

The Federal Government has so far cancelled the visas of more than 1000 foreign nationals since the provisions of Section 501 of the Migration Act were strengthened.

They include 138 members of bikie gangs.

Under Section 501 of the Immigration Act, individuals’ visas can be cancelled on character grounds if the individuals “are or have been a member of a group or organisation or had or have an association with a person, group or organisation that the minister reasonably suspects of being involved in criminal conduct”.

The cancellation of key outlaw motorcycle club gang members’ visas has had a significant disruptive effect on the day-to-day operations — including criminal activity — and command and control of several gangs in Australia.

Focarelli has been a key figure in outlaw gang activity in Adelaide. As head of the now-defunct New Boys street gang, he was targeted by rival Hells Angels members and later, as head of the Comancheros, other crime figures for assassination. He survived five attempts on his life, with the latest claiming the life of stepson Giovanni.

In that incident, Focarelli and his son were lured to a meeting at Dry Creek, near the Descendants bike gang clubrooms, as part of a planned *execution.

The suspect, a former Descendants member, fired eight shots into Focarelli’s car, wounding him and killing Giovanni. Focarelli drove the car from the scene and flagged down a police car on Prospect Rd at Prospect.

A .357 Magnum was found tucked in Giovanni’s trousers, but forensic testing later discovered DNA belonging to Vince was on the trigger. The drug liquid fantasy was also found in the car.

Focarelli was later jailed for 19 months with a 14-month non-parole period after pleading guilty in the District Court to possessing a firearm without a licence and one count of *possessing a controlled drug.

A $200,000 reward is still available for anyone who provides information leading to a conviction over Giovanni’s murder.

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/l...253226ee2e5b7e
    New York Governor Cuomo said Monday he had spoken with the president about the evolving situation, and pledged that whoever was responsible would be brought to justice. "The disruption is going to be to their lives, not our lives," Cuomo said. "We've been through a lot worse."

Odan
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2028 Post(s)

Don't know about you guys but I think our religion has enough former ex cons and gangsters in it's midst.

Mentioned
    146 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1423 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dinobot View Post
    Don't know about you guys but I think our religion has enough former ex cons and gangsters in it's midst.
    This deen is for everyone, it is for the whole of humanity

You can be a druggie, you can be a gangsta, you can be roadman from east london, but the doors to Islam won't close unless you close them yourself

Odan
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2028 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Faith reloaded View Post

You can be a druggie, you can be a gangsta, you can be roadman from east london, but the doors to Islam won't close unless you close them yourself
    The deen is for everyone but unfortunately the deen has been polluted by the easiness at which people convert to our deen. Just like that. I created a thread about this one. It was controversial and not popular but I stand by it.

Mentioned
    399 Post(s)
    Quoted
    9317 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Faith reloaded View Post

The deen is for everyone but unfortunately the deen has been polluted by the easiness at which people convert to our deen. Just like that. I created a thread about this one. It was controversial and not popular but I stand by it.
    What do you mean "easiness"? How is it any easier to convert today than it was at the time of Rasulullah ()?

Mentioned
    1109 Post(s)
    Quoted
    16377 Post(s)

What?
    You think you know more than my scholar's qiyās? He was more learned than you and all other scholars combined. Yeah, the devil was the greatest scholar too and look where his qiyās of fire being better than tīn got him. Sorry.

You follow your scholar's qiyās, and I will follow the Qur'ān and Sunnah.

Mentioned
    592 Post(s)
    Quoted
    8923 Post(s)

It doesnt happen a lot i have to ask for this but Ya Rabb give me sabr
    يَٰٓأَيُّهَا ٱلنَّاسُ ٱعْبُدُوا۟ رَبَّكُمُ ٱلَّذِى خَلَقَكُمْ وَٱلَّذِينَ مِن قَبْلِكُمْ لَعَلَّكُمْ تَتَّقُونَ

O mankind, worship your Lord, who created you and those before you, that you may become righteous

Surah Al Baqarah ayah 21

Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6315 Post(s)

What are you even talking about? you don't know what you are saying brother. our deen is for EVERYONE who reverts to islam, and believes in the shahadah when they are doing so. Who cares if he's an ex con or gangster? Anyone from any walk of life is invited in, I just don't understand how you can make this sweeping comment, and the other comment you made on this thread. Allah s.w.t guides whom he wills. Who are you to judge someone, how do you know what is in his heart? It could be purer than ours, despite us being born Muslims. When people revert it is joyeous, we should be happy.. we are growing in numbers, we are getting more sisters and brothers in Islam, it really warms my heart when I hear about reverts. And reverting to islam IS supposed to be easy, that is part of the beauty in it (unlike other religions i.e Judaism), when someone has true imaan in their heart. Where is your proof that it was any different at the time of our beloved Prophet, Muhammad s.a.w. Please do not take this comment harshly as it not intended to be such, it just really upsets me to see such nonsensical comments being made. And by the way, Islam attracts people from all walks of lives, not just ex cons and gangsters, just because they're the ones that seem to be most surprising to people, naturally when this happens, they're in the media more. Aren't you worried about driving people away with your words brother. You would rather someone was a non muslim gangster? Rather than a changed person and a Muslim? As you said 'our religion has enough former ex cons', makes zero sense brother. It's just hurtful to see you say this.
    And with Him are the keys of the Ghayb (all that is hidden), none knows them but He. And He knows whatever there is in the land and in the sea; not a leaf falls, but He knows it. There is not a grain in the darkness of the earth nor anything fresh or dry, but is written in a Clear Record”
    [al-An’aam 6:59]

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quoted
    508 Post(s)

There was a guy that buried his daughter but still deen was for him

Please do not 'Rep'. Jzk. Fakhri's Avatar
    Mentioned
    213 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1254 Post(s)

I remember seeing the video of him and how this brother was doing a lot of good since his release from prison. It looks as though they are still after him From things related to his past(?)
    LAA ILAAHA ILLALLAH
    -------------------------------
    "And if you would count the graces of God, never could you be able to count them. Truly, God is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful." (Qur'aan 16:18)
    NOTE: Please kindly do NOT rep my posts. (Jazaa'akumullah).

Mentioned
    617 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7729 Post(s)

Oh, I see.

You know you should really try to tempter these feelings and more importantly, the expression of these feelings bro. This is nonsense you speak, you realise though? Ex-con = not a con anymore (con - I dislike this word as it is too American). And, Allah forgives past transgressions when a formerly misguided individual enters Islam. So please do not be so harsh.

Mentioned
    308 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4387 Post(s)

I think I seen his YouTube vid.
    "If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor."

"Nothing protects the rights of the minority like the tyranny of the majority"

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    98 Post(s)

Uhhh, tons of the initial Arab converts were idol-worshippers, newborn killers (daughters), and a whole host of vicious things that make some of these 'ex-cons' look juvenile.

Odan
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2028 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by YetAnotherUser View Post
    Uhhh, tons of the initial Arab converts were idol-worshippers, newborn killers (daughters), and a whole host of vicious things that make some of these 'ex-cons' look juvenile.
    You must be living in Disney land to compare early muslims to ex cons and gangsters in this day and age. A few verses from the quran changed umar ra for good Today ex cons are busy smoking weed, fooling around with women while still claiming they are on the deen.

Seriously enough with your nonsense

Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1405 Post(s)

You must be living in Disney land to compare early muslims to ex cons and gangsters in this day and age. A few verses from the quran changed umar ra for good Today ex cons are busy smoking weed, fooling around with women while still claiming they are on the deen.

How is that "polluting our deen" when plenty of born Muslims do this as well? There aren't enough converts to say that the ones who don't give up their old lifestyle are corrupting Islam. The most important thing is that they have tawheed despite their sins.

And if you want to bring up some sort of test to make it harder for people to revert, Allah already tests converts as he tests every Muslim.

“Do people think that they will be left alone because they say: ‘We believe,’ and will not be tested. And We indeed tested those who were before them. And Allaah will certainly make known (the truth of) those who are true, and will certainly make known (the falsehood of) those who are liars." (al-‘Ankaboot 29:2-3)
    Last edited by .khayriyyah.; 21-04-17 at 01:54 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    47 Post(s)

Lightbulb Re: Former notorious motorbike gangleader embraces Islam

Reminds me of story of teacher of imam Bukhari.
    He was an alcoholic and a man of very rough character,but when he accepted Islam, he worked on his deen and became a great Scholar who taught Imam Bukhari and Imam Muslim :http://islamhashtag.com/the-teacher-of-imam-bukhari/

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    88 Post(s)

They were the same. Alcohol was widespread amongst the pagan arabs

Alhamdulillah then Allah saved them all.

Who are you? Dont think that you represent some gatekeeper to emaan. Allah opens the hearts of who he wills.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    98 Post(s)

How is that "polluting our deen" when plenty of born Muslims do this as well? There aren't enough converts to say that the ones who don't give up their old lifestyle are corrupting Islam. The most important thing is that they have tawheed despite their sins.

And if you want to bring up some sort of test to make it harder for people to revert, Allah already tests converts as he tests every Muslim.

“Do people think that they will be left alone because they say: ‘We believe,’ and will not be tested. And We indeed tested those who were before them. And Allaah will certainly make known (the truth of) those who are true, and will certainly make known (the falsehood of) those who are liars." (al-‘Ankaboot 29:2-3)
    He has crap-in-head syndrome.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    98 Post(s)

I'll reiterate; the early Arab converts were known for doing vile and disgusting things. If they changed their ways, then the ways of these people can also be changed.

Worry about yourself and your own Deen, bud, instead of putting down new converts for things they've abandoned or are actively trying to get rid of.

Odan
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2028 Post(s)

Can't bothered explaining complex stuff to the simpletons on here. http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthrea...versions/page2

read this topic and you might learn something beyond the fake outrage you are expressing.

Even a revert in that thread can get it but you guys can't