Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Quoted
    71 Post(s)

Question iPhone 7 or Samsung S8?

Tres confused.

Fanx
    It is narrated on the authority of Jabir that he heard the (Holy Prophet)[] say: A Muslim is he from whose hand and tongue the Muslims are safe.
    -Muslim

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Quoted
    71 Post(s)

Re: iPhone 7 or Samsung S8?

Quote Originally Posted by Creamcake View Post
    samsunggg all da way
    lol I think I may need a new phone.. I have samsung galaxy s3 #behindmuch haha
    Tbh im fine with it though lol besides whatsapp and youtube/uf occasionally dont use it for much else
    u decided on one?
    Is question for me? I has not decided yet
    It is narrated on the authority of Jabir that he heard the (Holy Prophet)[] say: A Muslim is he from whose hand and tongue the Muslims are safe.
    -Muslim

Mentioned
    719 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6315 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hiking View Post
    Is question for me? I has not decided yet
    yeah it's for you let us know when you decide
    SAMSUNG lol not taking any sides, totally neutral here.. but SAMSUNG > Apple, lol
    And with Him are the keys of the Ghayb (all that is hidden), none knows them but He. And He knows whatever there is in the land and in the sea; not a leaf falls, but He knows it. There is not a grain in the darkness of the earth nor anything fresh or dry, but is written in a Clear Record”
    [al-An’aam 6:59]

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Quoted
    71 Post(s)

Neutral, eh?
    -Muslim

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quoted
    52 Post(s)

Hadn't had time to vote, and now is closed but still.

My main Android experience has been with OnePlus devices and CyanogenMod for two years, using the same SIM card than iPhone so I could easily switch devices without missing calls or sms (I don't use sms, but occasionally got some from the bank or gas company with some advice, adverts or notifications).

Android devices are definitely worth it and not comparable to iPhone in terms of customisation, exceeding the latter by far. Overall, Android phones have better specs, nominally speaking. However, performance still proves the iPhone to be faster (by inches, see this for one, there are more and the links mentioned detail more each device, and of course, if tests are based on Javascript, Android will win). For this reason, screen brightness is also higher in Android, but this also uses much more battery. As it happens with laptops or desktop PCs, a nominally higher CPU does not mean a better performing computer overall, and after all, these devices are much closer to a computer than they are to a phone.

Antennas are similar in S8 and iPhone 7, but coverage is better for the iPhone.

Bluetooth is a no go for S8, as it supports the latest version 5 of the protocol, while Apple still uses the 4.2.

Cameras are similar, if anything slightly better on S8 and this is also based on the software used for taking pics.

Security wise, both operating systems have serious flaws and raise concerns over privacy, but it has been proved that Android tracks much more of your personal activity than iOS does, and encryption on the latter is stronger than in the former.

While Samsung has been long flagshipping their "wireless" charge, and this is true because it doesn't use any cables, but the device must rest on the charger, not even close, but over it. In Apple, yes, you have to use a cable. So in both cases, you need to carry the dongle with you if you travel or plan to have a long day or a heavy usage of the device.

Using the device while charging is impossible with Samsung, as it must rest on the charger flat, while if the cable is long enough, you can still use iPhone, tilt it for better reading, play games or see movies.

Android, while a closed operating system (it is developed by Google and then partially opened, but the community has no choice nor chance on which features will be there, so it is as closed as iOS is) has much more theming options (buttons, backgrounds, screen layouts), while iOS' is fixed except for the backgrounds. Nevertheless, the integration with iCloud and the smooth of the device make the preferred option for me, by large.

Both are good devices technically speaking and the specifications are close enough as to choose based on feelings, look and feel and of course, price if there are special offers for one or the other. While MP3 indeed cannot be directly uploaded to iOS, as you need to use iTunes for that, the backup offering that iTunes provide is priceless when you lose your device or it is broken. Same with pictures and ringtones and etc.

Google Play and iTunes App Store are similar in contents with dozens of thousands of apps both, and mainstream apps are usually developed for both systems, so you could even start reading a book in one device and keep reading exactly where you left on the other. Setting up Google Apps is not trivial, and syncing contacts, email accounts and so on may be tricky if you are not using native Gmail services. But important, if Google has been your choice at work or at home, then no wonder, go for Android.

Integration with Windows, which is the main operating system still for laptops, in both cases is similar: the two devices require external software to be installed into Windows. Unless you use a Chromebook or a Macbook, which would give a generous advantage to each, the work it takes to backup pictures, download and install apps, movies and songs, or recover and older backup or set up a new device is very similar.

With all this, and given my use of Windows, Linux, Android, macOS and iOS at home and at work (basically I need any) my vote would have gone to iPhone.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    372 Post(s)

Although Apple's iPhones are simply superior to any other mobile device, get the Samsung, because it's less Zionistic than any Apple product.

Mentioned
    218 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1993 Post(s)

Google Pixel

https://madeby.google.com/phone/

Or maybe the note 8, dunno how it's gonna be like yet
    ┳┻|
    ┻┳|•.•) Hello, Assalamu Alaikum! Check out this topic! #makethechanges
    ┳┻|⊂ノ
    ┻┳|
    http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthrea...adan-Authentic

Account Disabled

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    20 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rumaysah~ View Post
    I have not had a good experience with samsung, thinking of switching to iphone
    You had better!! 😏

Account Disabled

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    20 Post(s)

iPhone 7 all the way bruv..: wallahi I hate android innit (thank God only 20 stupid posts left)

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quoted
    254 Post(s)

Samsung

Used to have iphone many years ago.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quoted
    289 Post(s)

Doro PhoneEasy® 507S
    - The one i currently have.
    Comes highly recommended

الإسلام هو الحقيقة Abū ʿĪsa al-ʿAjamī's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    452 Post(s)

I've commented before that S8 was the better choice here, and I think it is really a good choice. My friend has the S8+ and it is good ma sha Allah. However it doesn't 'wow' me probably beecause I have a similar phone (s7 edge)
    If following Aḥmad makes me a 'Wahhābī', then I declare that I am one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

If I had to choose between those two I'd pick iPhone 7