Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Mentioned
    231 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2088 Post(s)

I might have invalidated my salah, what do I need to do?

I did something in my last salah which I don't know if it made a difference to my salah at all. Last time it was a fidgeting person I got distracted by them.

Is my salah still valid? I'm always asking the same person questions so I thought I'd post it here and give them a rest.

Mentioned
    889 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2995 Post(s)

Re: I might have invalidated my salah, what do I need to do?

Quote Originally Posted by Rifqah View Post

I did something in my last salah which I don't know if it made a difference to my salah at all. Last time it was a fidgeting person I got distracted by them.

Is my salah still valid? I'm always asking the same person questions so I thought I'd post it here and give them a rest.
    Is this in a group or by yourself?
    مَّن ذَا الَّذِي يُقْرِضُ اللّهَ قَرْضًا حَسَنًا فَيُضَاعِفَهُ لَهُ أَضْعَافًا كَثِيرَةً وَاللّهُ يَقْبِضُ وَيَبْسُطُ وَإِلَيْهِ تُرْجَعُونَ

"Who is he that will loan to Allah a beautiful loan, which Allah will double unto his credit and multiply many times?
    It is Allah that giveth (you) Want or plenty, and to Him shall be your return."
    Surah al-Baqarah
    [2:245]

.:.
    .:. Perfer et Obdura : Dolor Hic Tibi Proderit Olim .:.
    Be patient and strong : someday this pain will be useful to you

...said the spider to the fly...

Mentioned
    231 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2088 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pippin1376 View Post
    Is this in a group or by yourself?
    In a group, I had a hand sanitiser in the pocket of a long cardi and as I knelt down it caught in the bend of my leg and squirted all over the side of my cardi.

Thing us I didn't stay to ask anyone anything as it didn't sound like a hand sanitiser accident, you know? I was so embarrassed.

Mentioned
    889 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2995 Post(s)

In a group, I had a hand sanitiser in the pocket of a long cardi and as I knelt down it caught in the bend of my leg and squirted all over the side of my cardi.

Thing us I didn't stay to ask anyone anything as it didn't sound like a hand sanitiser accident, you know? I was so embarrassed.
    If it's a group, then you're okay because you're following the imam.

If you're by yourself and you didn't go crazy, then your salah is valid but you should remember it so you can try to do better next time. We all get distracted sometimes and alhamdulillah that doesn't invalidate our salah, but it should be a reminder that we need to remember Allah more.
    مَّن ذَا الَّذِي يُقْرِضُ اللّهَ قَرْضًا حَسَنًا فَيُضَاعِفَهُ لَهُ أَضْعَافًا كَثِيرَةً وَاللّهُ يَقْبِضُ وَيَبْسُطُ وَإِلَيْهِ تُرْجَعُونَ

"Who is he that will loan to Allah a beautiful loan, which Allah will double unto his credit and multiply many times?
    Surah al-Baqarah

Mentioned
    231 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2088 Post(s)

If it's a group, then you're okay because you're following the imam.

If you're by yourself and you didn't go crazy, then your salah is valid but you should remember it so you can try to do better next time. We all get distracted sometimes and alhamdulillah that doesn't invalidate our salah, but it should be a reminder that we need to remember Allah more.
    No the distraction was last time but this time was the hand sanitiser. Sorry, pippin.

Mentioned
    889 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2995 Post(s)

No the distraction was last time but this time was the hand sanitiser. Sorry, pippin.
    Stuff like that happens though, as long as you keep going you should be fine. Parents do this all the time with their kids climbing on them, so the mom and dad have to worry about their kids not falling down and hurting themselves, but still continuing to pray.

It's funny to watch, but their salah is still okay.

Surah al-Baqarah

Mentioned
    231 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2088 Post(s)

Stuff like that happens though, as long as you keep going you should be fine. Parents do this all the time with their kids climbing on them, so the mom and dad have to worry about their kids not falling down and hurting themselves, but still continuing to pray.

It's funny to watch, but their salah is still okay.
    Okay, thank you sister.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    87 Post(s)

Our best book of hadith is Sahih Bukhari and in it is narrated several times how if one makes a mistake (addition, deletion or switched with the wrong part) or is doubtful if they made a mistake they have to do sahu prostrations (sajda). (022:315)

Regards
    Ask yourself why you were created. Do not let society distract you from seeking the truth.
    Sahih International, 63:3 (Surah Al-Munafiqun)
    That is because they believed, and then they disbelieved; so their hearts were sealed over, and they do not understand.