Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    69 Post(s)

New Here, Thinking About Converting To Islam (Need Help)

hey there,

i am from North India, i am 19 and i belong to Kshatriya Caste.basically we are Aryan warrior Caste and our job is to Rule,Protect and fight wars.

i started to learning abput Islam when i was 13 and i must admit that i hated islam when i was young i used to think that Muslims are not good people (due to propaganda) and i also hated Muslims for some times. but after becoming an Teenager i started to learn about Islam and i started to slowly follow Islam, my current religion is Highly complicated Religion, it's mixture of Native Faith and Aryan Faith.

i dont like Idol worshiping, it just dont feel right. even according to oldest Hindu religious book Rig Veda, god is only one and we are not allowed to idol worship him. so naturally after learning that i also started to accept that there is only 1 supreme god and we should only worship him directly (not by pics,idols etc etc.) i am a history buff so i learned most of Islamic History mas well. (ottoman and Mughal are my Fave Empires in the world history.) I also watched tons of Islamic documentaries and short films on YouTube and after researching about Islam for almost 5 years now i am sure that that there is not god but Allah(supreme god) and Prophet Mohammed is the messenger of Allah. now i think i am ready to Accept Islam but i still have few Questions Regarding Islam and Islamic culture(way of life). please answers the following question if you have free time. your answers can really help me.

1) can a Indian who's from Kshatriya caste convert to Islam ? i mean my ancestors as warriors and kings always fought against Islam.

2) can i retain my Sanskrit based name After Accepting Islam?

3) i can not pray 5 times per day because i have very busy lifestyle, 2-3 times a day is Acceptable ?

4) all people i know are Hindus and what should i do if i have to visit Temple ? am i allowed to pray to Gods/Idols after becoming a muslim ?

5) will people who are Born Muslims will Accept me as a Muslim ?

6) how can i Accept Islam ? whats the process of becoming a Sunni Muslim ? (i want to become a Sunni Muslim)

7) now, i cant fast, i am a big guy but due to my eating habits and other limitations i fell sick and loose my weight rapidly if i fast even tho i Lift weight. so an i eat at month of Ramadan ?

I am really looking forward to becoming a Muslim. I am waiting for your answers and i will notify you guys about my decision in next few hours.

and Mods please transfer this topic to sutible forum if i posted this in wrong section. Thanks

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    69 Post(s)

Re: New Here, Thinking About Converting To Islam (Need Help)

Quote Originally Posted by candyapple View Post
    Welcome to Islam brother. May Allah make it easy for you. Ameen.
    Thank you sister for warm Welcome

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    69 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Spicen View Post
    Ah, I presume there's no muslim community anywhere near you?
    yeah, i am all alone.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    69 Post(s)

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...tepsalat&hl=en

This one has audio too.

btw you should first concentrate on the fard(compulsory) salah. Then later on you can try sunnah salah as well.
    Thak you I downloaded the App and watched the video. and thank you for your Advice Spicen.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    69 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aynina View Post
    https://youtu.be/WKblG-Zoagk
    This is how i learned
    Nice video, very Informative !.

Account Disabled

Mentioned
    252 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6163 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kshatriya View Post
    yeah, i am all alone.
    Well in Islam respect towards parents is very important. And from what I've heard it's the same in hinduism.

Hence I'm not sure if it's a good advice, but you should consider moving out of your community and move in with a muslim community when you're financially independent. That doesn't mean you should cut off all connections with your parents though.

In the west some people who convert end up becoming alone and face serious difficulties. Muslims are supposed to live together, not alone.

Mentioned
    401 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1682 Post(s)

post off topic at your own peril

and give good advice or none at all, and if anyone feels like ranting then please make your own thread

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quoted
    277 Post(s)

Welcome brother Alhamdulilah

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    69 Post(s)

Well in Islam respect towards parents is very important. And from what I've heard it's the same in hinduism.

Hence I'm not sure if it's a good advice, but you should consider moving out of your community and move in with a muslim community when you're financially independent. That doesn't mean you should cut off all connections with your parents though.

In the west some people who convert end up becoming alone and face serious difficulties. Muslims are supposed to live together, not alone.
    No i cant leave my family. Sorry. And i dont have communty here

Unlike rajputs, kshatriyas are just 4 million in India and 50000 in my state. So yeah...

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    69 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MuslimThinker View Post
    Welcome brother Alhamdulilah
    Thank you brother

Account Disabled

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Quoted
    167 Post(s)

No i cant leave my family. Sorry. And i dont have communty here

Unlike rajputs, kshatriyas are just 4 million in India and 50000 in my state. So yeah...
    What are you talking about?

Where did you get this figure from? I seriously hope you are a genuine case.

Anyway, I won't be commenting on Muslims.

Last edited by .Hajar.; 17-04-17 at 03:00 PM. Reason: no commenting on muslims mean no comments on muslims

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    69 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Doobie View Post
    What are you talking about?

Where did you get this figure from? I seriously hope you are a genuine case.

Anyway, I won't be commenting on Muslims.

what are you talking about ?

what did i figure out ? population of my clan ? ever heard of Wikipedia or Joshua Project ?

Account Disabled

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Quoted
    167 Post(s)

what are you talking about ?

what did i figure out ? population of my clan ? ever heard of Wikipedia or Joshua Project ?
    LOL I just saw those....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

sounds like you are in the right path brother!

Mentioned
    1117 Post(s)
    Quoted
    16454 Post(s)

1) can a Indian who's from Kshatriya caste convert to Islam ? i mean my ancestors as warriors and kings always fought against Islam.

Every human being must convert to Islaam.

Depends on the meaning of the name.

3) i can not pray 5 times per day because i have very busy lifestyle, 2-3 times a day is Acceptable ?

Nobody has such a busy lifestyle that they cannot pray five times a day. Praying 2-3 times is not acceptable.

4) all people i know are Hindus and what should i do if i have to visit Temple ? am i allowed to pray to Gods/Idols after becoming a muslim ?

No. You can not, it is one of the biggest sins to dos o.

Yes.

6) how can i Accept Islam ? whats the process of becoming a Sunni Muslim ? (i want to become a Sunni Muslim)

You say the shahadah.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJPVkVevicI

7) now, i cant fast, i am a big guy but due to my eating habits and other limitations i fell sick and loose my weight rapidly if i fast even tho i Lift weight. so an i eat at month of Ramadan ?

You can fast. How do you know you can not? If it makes you ill then that is a different issue, but have you ever fasted? Hindu fasts (if they do fast, I don't know) are obviously not the same as Islaamic ones. So you can't draw a comparison there. How do Hindu fasts work? How many hours etc?
    You think you know more than my scholar's qiyās? He was more learned than you and all other scholars combined. Yeah, the devil was the greatest scholar too and look where his qiyās of fire being better than tīn got him. Sorry.

You follow your scholar's qiyās, and I will follow the Qur'ān and Sunnah.

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Quoted
    750 Post(s)

yeah, Islam is the Truth !

i guess my parents will do same thing to me. thats why i am not ging to tell anybody that i am a Muslim for while. first i need to get a job and able to financially support myself.
    Asalamalaikum wrwb (Peace & blessings of Allah on you) Bro,

Welcome to Islam the Religion chosen by your Creator to make your life peaceful even in difficult times as happened with many wealthy Sahabas they were at peace even after loosing all their wealth like Musab bin Umair

Allah , the Creator promises his unimaginable Paradise FOR ETERNITY to THOSE WHO are steadfast on his path and die with Eeman. As was Vedaprakash Upadhay a pundit of high calibre who left his luxuries after writing about the kalki avatar.

Brothers here have given you right replies Try THEM, Allah will ease your Path IS MY EXPERIENCE TOO.

Yes, Be good or the BEST to your parents which is one of the top commandments of Allah even if they are non muslims but reject them with diplomacy once if they tell you worship anyone besides Allah , Your Creator who fed you when your Mom could do nothing (ie in Moms Womb) he is our Sustainer, Protector and he loves us more than 70 times than our own Mother.

Do not expect this life to turn into bed of Roses and Miracles once you have accepted Islam. There is no gain without Pain and Allah will start testing you either with good or bad but do not worry Allah does no levy on us more than the capacity we could bear.

Noble Quran 47:31 '' And We will surely test you until We make evident those who strive among you [for the cause of Allah ] and the patient, and We will test your affairs.''

I will leave a video to show how parents respond once their son becomes better once after accepting Islam.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9xhZ00xnHIA
    Last edited by talibilm09; 29-04-17 at 12:26 AM.
    My sect - No Sect

My Aqeedah - http://legacy.quran.com/112 ( The Aqeedah of Sahabas)

Just a Muslim

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    69 Post(s)

Salam brothers and sisters,

I have quick update for you. Maybe i have to leave Islam and go back to hinduism due to social and cultural reasons.

Will reply in next 24 hours whats going on.

Pray for me.

islamreligion.com eesa the kiwi's Avatar
    Mentioned
    446 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3609 Post(s)

I have quick update for you. Maybe i have to leave Islam and go back to hinduism due to social and cultural reasons.

Pray for me.
    On the day of judgement you saying you left Islam because of social and cultural reasons won't stop you being thrown on your face in the fire

Think this over carefully
    It may not be easy, you may not understand it, but you need to have the Imaan to trust Allah when life doesn't make sense.
    "Whoever intends eternal happiness, then let him hold tight to the threshold of servitude.” ibn Taymiyyah.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    87 Post(s)

Assalamu alaikum brother in Islam,

It gave me great joy to see your conversion. Brother Eesa went over all the points beautifully; I'd like to give one example from our history that will show you what people who have fought muslims can do for our ummah once they convert.

There was this famous battle called battle of Uhud where the muslims faced the most casualties according to historians against non muslims. The non muslim back then responsible for most of the casualty was someone named Khalid Bin Walid (RA), one of the greatest warriors to have ever lived. However, his heart soon turned towards the call of Allah (swt) and he joined the ranks of the muslim and became known as Saifullah (translated in english as the sword of Allah(swt)). Before his death (not from battle but old age) he complained how every battle he wanted to be martyred (from remorse over his past maybe I'm not sure) but Allah (swt) kept him alive to save another day. He showed how there was not a single square inch of his body that did not have the scars of battle. One of the wise sahaba (ra) replied by saying Allah (swt) kept him alive because the sword of Allah (swt) cannot be broken (defeated). We are no longer in war, but we do face the corruption and hypocrisy plaguing our society. Who knows what great future Allah (swt) have written for you; maybe you will become a scholar and lead hundreds if not thousands from amongst your society to the right path, If Allah (swt) wills. Welcome to the ummah brother.

Regards

hey there,

i am from North India, i am 19 and i belong to Kshatriya Caste.basically we are Aryan warrior Caste and our job is to Rule,Protect and fight wars.

i started to learning abput Islam when i was 13 and i must admit that i hated islam when i was young i used to think that Muslims are not good people (due to propaganda) and i also hated Muslims for some times. but after becoming an Teenager i started to learn about Islam and i started to slowly follow Islam, my current religion is Highly complicated Religion, it's mixture of Native Faith and Aryan Faith.

i dont like Idol worshiping, it just dont feel right. even according to oldest Hindu religious book Rig Veda, god is only one and we are not allowed to idol worship him. so naturally after learning that i also started to accept that there is only 1 supreme god and we should only worship him directly (not by pics,idols etc etc.) i am a history buff so i learned most of Islamic History mas well. (ottoman and Mughal are my Fave Empires in the world history.) I also watched tons of Islamic documentaries and short films on YouTube and after researching about Islam for almost 5 years now i am sure that that there is not god but Allah(supreme god) and Prophet Mohammed is the messenger of Allah. now i think i am ready to Accept Islam but i still have few Questions Regarding Islam and Islamic culture(way of life). please answers the following question if you have free time. your answers can really help me.

I am really looking forward to becoming a Muslim. I am waiting for your answers and i will notify you guys about my decision in next few hours.

and Mods please transfer this topic to sutible forum if i posted this in wrong section. Thanks
    Ask yourself why you were created. Do not let society distract you from seeking the truth.
    Sahih International, 63:3 (Surah Al-Munafiqun)
    That is because they believed, and then they disbelieved; so their hearts were sealed over, and they do not understand.

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Quoted
    750 Post(s)

Pray for me.
    Wsalam bro,

Its understood you are under pressure but it s allowed in Islam when our life is in danger we are allowed to utter 'words of kuffar ' externally provided our heart is peaceful on eemaan. ( glorious Quran)

This is a last resort if ALL other ways fail. I advice you to leave as soon as the oppourtunity presents to undisclosed destination to safe guard your Eeman do not loose hope on Allah see this video by a christian youth minster who embraced Islam in the US. But i know your community people are worst on conversions

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_U1ifMpgI0

This a test of Allah from you and fare it with wisdom and patience on tawakkal on Allah . try your best because Allah does not levy on a slave more than what he could bear. And different people have different levels of stamina to bear difficulties. May Allah Ar ARahmaan Ease your path .
    My sect - No Sect

My Aqeedah - http://legacy.quran.com/112 ( The Aqeedah of Sahabas)

Just a Muslim

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    38 Post(s)

Will reply in next 24 hours whats going on. Pray for me.
    May Allah make it easy for you to practice His deen. I will pray for you but you need to ask Him this also.
    It was narrated from Jabir bin 'Abdullah that the Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said: "O people, fear Allah and be moderate in seeking a living, for no soul will die until it has received all its provision, even if it is slow in coming. So fear Allah and be moderate in seeking provision; take that which is permissible and leave that which is forbidden. " Sunan Ibn Majah