Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    69 Post(s)

New Here, Thinking About Converting To Islam (Need Help)

hey there,

i am from North India, i am 19 and i belong to Kshatriya Caste.basically we are Aryan warrior Caste and our job is to Rule,Protect and fight wars.

i started to learning abput Islam when i was 13 and i must admit that i hated islam when i was young i used to think that Muslims are not good people (due to propaganda) and i also hated Muslims for some times. but after becoming an Teenager i started to learn about Islam and i started to slowly follow Islam, my current religion is Highly complicated Religion, it's mixture of Native Faith and Aryan Faith.

i dont like Idol worshiping, it just dont feel right. even according to oldest Hindu religious book Rig Veda, god is only one and we are not allowed to idol worship him. so naturally after learning that i also started to accept that there is only 1 supreme god and we should only worship him directly (not by pics,idols etc etc.) i am a history buff so i learned most of Islamic History mas well. (ottoman and Mughal are my Fave Empires in the world history.) I also watched tons of Islamic documentaries and short films on YouTube and after researching about Islam for almost 5 years now i am sure that that there is not god but Allah(supreme god) and Prophet Mohammed is the messenger of Allah. now i think i am ready to Accept Islam but i still have few Questions Regarding Islam and Islamic culture(way of life). please answers the following question if you have free time. your answers can really help me.

1) can a Indian who's from Kshatriya caste convert to Islam ? i mean my ancestors as warriors and kings always fought against Islam.

2) can i retain my Sanskrit based name After Accepting Islam?

3) i can not pray 5 times per day because i have very busy lifestyle, 2-3 times a day is Acceptable ?

4) all people i know are Hindus and what should i do if i have to visit Temple ? am i allowed to pray to Gods/Idols after becoming a muslim ?

5) will people who are Born Muslims will Accept me as a Muslim ?

6) how can i Accept Islam ? whats the process of becoming a Sunni Muslim ? (i want to become a Sunni Muslim)

7) now, i cant fast, i am a big guy but due to my eating habits and other limitations i fell sick and loose my weight rapidly if i fast even tho i Lift weight. so an i eat at month of Ramadan ?

I am really looking forward to becoming a Muslim. I am waiting for your answers and i will notify you guys about my decision in next few hours.

and Mods please transfer this topic to sutible forum if i posted this in wrong section. Thanks

islamreligion.com eesa the kiwi's Avatar
    Mentioned
    446 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3609 Post(s)

Re: New Here, Thinking About Converting To Islam (Need Help)

Quote Originally Posted by Kshatriya View Post
    hey there,

i am from North India, i am 19 and i belong to Kshatriya Caste.basically we are Aryan warrior Caste and our job is to Rule,Protect and fight wars.

i started to learning abput Islam when i was 13 and i must admit that i hated islam when i was young i used to think that Muslims are not good people (due to propaganda) and i also hated Muslims for some times. but after becoming an Teenager i started to learn about Islam and i started to slowly follow Islam, my current religion is Highly complicated Religion, it's mixture of Native Faith and Aryan Faith.

i dont like Idol worshiping, it just dont feel right. even according to oldest Hindu religious book Rig Veda, god is only one and we are not allowed to idol worship him. so naturally after learning that i also started to accept that there is only 1 supreme god and we should only worship him directly (not by pics,idols etc etc.) i am a history buff so i learned most of Islamic History mas well. (ottoman and Mughal are my Fave Empires in the world history.) I also watched tons of Islamic documentaries and short films on YouTube and after researching about Islam for almost 5 years now i am sure that that there is not god but Allah(supreme god) and Prophet Mohammed is the messenger of Allah. now i think i am ready to Accept Islam but i still have few Questions Regarding Islam and Islamic culture(way of life). please answers the following question if you have free time. your answers can really help me.

1) can a Indian who's from Kshatriya caste convert to Islam ? i mean my ancestors as warriors and kings always fought against Islam.

3) i can not pray 5 times per day because i have very busy lifestyle, 2-3 times a day is Acceptable ?

4) all people i know are Hindus and what should i do if i have to visit Temple ? am i allowed to pray to Gods/Idols after becoming a muslim ?

6) how can i Accept Islam ? whats the process of becoming a Sunni Muslim ? (i want to become a Sunni Muslim)

7) now, i cant fast, i am a big guy but due to my eating habits and other limitations i fell sick and loose my weight rapidly if i fast even tho i Lift weight. so an i eat at month of Ramadan ?

I am really looking forward to becoming a Muslim. I am waiting for your answers and i will notify you guys about my decision in next few hours.

and Mods please transfer this topic to sutible forum if i posted this in wrong section. Thanks
    Welcome brother

If you believe Islam is true you should embrace islam without delay as we don't know when the angel of death will come

All you have to do is say with your tounge and believe in your heart the following ash hadu anla ilaha illalahu wa ash hadu Anna Muhammadan abduhu wa rasuluh (I bear witness there is none worthy of worship but Allah and I bear witness that Muhammad (sallaho alayhi wa sallam ) is his servant and messenger

You can read this to yourself or in a mosque with witnesses

As for your questions
    1, yes no problem
    2,depends what your name means. If it is based on idolatry you'll have to change it
    3. No fivetimes is compulsory. I'm a convert myself and I know initially it seems daunting but it's actually pretty easy Alhamdulilah once you get used to it
    4. No. Idolatry is the biggest sin in Islam so much so if one dies upon it they will never be forgiven. Under no circumstances can you worship a false god or idol
    5, yes and no. Islamically speaking you should be accepted with open arms but there are some cultural Muslims who may not do so
    6, by saying the testification of faith I mentioned above
    7, if for medical reasons you can't fast you can feed a poor person instead

Welcome and receive the glad tidings that the one who enters Islam has all his past sins forgiven
    It may not be easy, you may not understand it, but you need to have the Imaan to trust Allah when life doesn't make sense.
    "Whoever intends eternal happiness, then let him hold tight to the threshold of servitude.” ibn Taymiyyah.

Account Disabled

Mentioned
    252 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6163 Post(s)

hey there,

1) Some of the best muslims like Umar ibn Khattab(Ra) and Khalid bin Walid (Ra) initially fought against islam but they eventually converted. So there's no problem.

2) I don't think there's a problem with that.

3&4) We have 5 basic pillars of Islam which include praying to Allah 5 times a day and even more importantly the belief in the Oneness of Allah. Hence, praying towards idols is strictly prohibited. There's also Zakah, Hajj and Fasting.

5) I'm sure they will. I could be wrong.

6) You need to pronounce the shahada.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Quoted
    305 Post(s)

New Here, Thinking About Converting To Islam (Need Help)

Insha'Allah you will find the brothers here very helpful.
    I just found your post very beautiful and heart warming.
    Every time I see someone coming to Islam it's a massive wake up call for me to see the blessings of Islam every time.

You may find things difficult as the start but slowly and with patients it will become easier.. I think your first step should be becoming a Muslim and everything else will fall into place.

May Allah Azzawajel make it easy for you

Account Disabled

Mentioned
    252 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6163 Post(s)

Speaking about history, there are even more amazing parts of islamic history.

No mention of islamic history can be complete without Khalid bn Walid's victory over the Byzantines where 25,000 muslims defeated an army of 140,000 romans.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    69 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Spicen View Post
    1) Some of the best muslims like Umar ibn Khattab(Ra) and Khalid bin Walid (Ra) initially fought against islam but they eventually converted. So there's no problem.

2) I don't think there's a problem with that.

3&4) We have 5 basic pillars of Islam which include praying to Allah 5 times a day and even more importantly the belief in the Oneness of Allah. Hence, praying towards idols is strictly prohibited. There's also Zakah, Hajj and Fasting.

5) I'm sure they will. I could be wrong.

6) You need to pronounce the shahada.
    that's great i thought, because of my past People from our community are not allowed to accept Islam.

Mentioned
    604 Post(s)
    Quoted
    9173 Post(s)

that's great i thought, because of my past People from our community are not allowed to accept Islam.
    How does that work? Forbid someone from following a religion?
    يَٰٓأَيُّهَا ٱلنَّاسُ ٱعْبُدُوا۟ رَبَّكُمُ ٱلَّذِى خَلَقَكُمْ وَٱلَّذِينَ مِن قَبْلِكُمْ لَعَلَّكُمْ تَتَّقُونَ

O mankind, worship your Lord, who created you and those before you, that you may become righteous

Surah Al Baqarah ayah 21

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    69 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by eesa the kiwi View Post
    Welcome brother

If you believe Islam is true you should embrace islam without delay as we don't know when the angel of death will come

All you have to do is say with your tongue and believe in your heart the following ash hadu anla ilaha illalahu wa ash hadu Anna Muhammadan abduhu wa rasuluh (I bear witness there is none worthy of worship but Allah and I bear witness that Muhammad (sallaho alayhi wa sallam ) is his servant and messenger

You can read this to yourself or in a mosque with witnesses

As for your questions
    1, yes no problem
    2,depends what your name means. If it is based on idolatry you'll have to change it
    3. No fivetimes is compulsory. I'm a convert myself and I know initially it seems daunting but it's actually pretty easy Alhamdulilah once you get used to it
    4. No. Idolatry is the biggest sin in Islam so much so if one dies upon it they will never be forgiven. Under no circumstances can you worship a false god or idol
    5, yes and no. Islamically speaking you should be accepted with open arms but there are some cultural Muslims who may not do so
    6, by saying the testification of faith I mentioned above
    7, if for medical reasons you can't fast you can feed a poor person instead

Welcome and receive the glad tidings that the one who enters Islam has all his past sins forgiven

thank you brother, i took sahada and I am a Muslim now !

Thank you for your help man. i guess i have to find some extra time for prayers. and eat more during ramadan. i guess i can do it.

Account Disabled

Mentioned
    252 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6163 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aynina View Post
    Hindus are very conservative still.

Account Disabled

Mentioned
    252 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6163 Post(s)

thank you brother, i took sahada and I am a Muslim now !

Thank you for your help man. i guess i have to find some extra time for prayers. and eat more during ramadan. i guess i can do it.
    Although we fast, some of us end up eating more in Iftar than what we would eat normally.

That's a bad habit btw.

Mentioned
    604 Post(s)
    Quoted
    9173 Post(s)

Hindus are very conservative still.
    If tou believe in islam you cant just say oh but my family doesnt want me to be a muslim so its cool can you?
    يَٰٓأَيُّهَا ٱلنَّاسُ ٱعْبُدُوا۟ رَبَّكُمُ ٱلَّذِى خَلَقَكُمْ وَٱلَّذِينَ مِن قَبْلِكُمْ لَعَلَّكُمْ تَتَّقُونَ

O mankind, worship your Lord, who created you and those before you, that you may become righteous

Surah Al Baqarah ayah 21

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    69 Post(s)

If tou believe in islam you cant just say oh but my family doesnt want me to be a muslim so its cool can you?
    none in my family knows that i just took Sahara and became a Muslim.

Account Disabled

Mentioned
    252 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6163 Post(s)

You didn't get the point. So let me put it in reverse.

If someone from a muslim family considers changing his religion, it's quite obvious that the family won't approve of it and will not accept his conversion.

But it's a good thing that hindus are still zealous, that means when they convert to Islam they will also defend Islam with the same zeal.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    69 Post(s)

Although we fast, some of us end up eating more in Iftar than what we would eat normally.

That's a bad habit btw.
    ye that's + point.

Account Disabled

Mentioned
    252 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6163 Post(s)

none in my family knows that i just took Sahara and became a Muslim.
    There was a female indian member here an year or so ago whose family was brahmin, and she told her family about her decision to convert. They put the screws on her, from what I remember.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    69 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hebz View Post
    Insha'Allah you will find the brothers here very helpful.
    I just found your post very beautiful and heart warming.
    Every time I see someone coming to Islam it's a massive wake up call for me to see the blessings of Islam every time.

You may find things difficult as the start but slowly and with patients it will become easier.. I think your first step should be becoming a Muslim and everything else will fall into place.

May Allah Azzawajel make it easy for you
    thank you sis. I just accepted Islam (after purifying my body).

yes it was a difficult decision, one day i have to tell my family members that i am a Muslim.

people here are very helpful and i am very thankful that this community is here to help me out when ever i need help.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1441 Post(s)

There was a female indian member here an year or so ago whose family was brahmin, and she told her family about her decision to convert. They put the screws on her, from what I remember.
    What did they do?

Mentioned
    604 Post(s)
    Quoted
    9173 Post(s)

If someone from a muslim family considers changing his religion, it's quite obvious that the family won't approve of it and will not accept his conversion.

But it's a good thing that hindus are still zealous, that means when they convert to Islam they will also defend Islam with the same zeal.
    Well thats not a good comparison since islam is the truth
    My parents didnt know i was a muslim the first year i was one and since the moment they came to know until now our relationship went sour, but i am muslim Alhamdulillah
    If i would have asked my mum can i be a muslim and waited for her permission i will die a kafir

Surah Al Baqarah ayah 21

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    69 Post(s)

that's bad, brahmins still accept conversation and maybe left converts on their own (excommunication), in my community converts usually gets killed or gets excommunicated by whole community.

can you give me link to her thread ?

Mentioned
    604 Post(s)
    Quoted
    9173 Post(s)

ye that's + point.
    My parents didnt know either

Surah Al Baqarah ayah 21

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1441 Post(s)

thank you sis. I just accepted Islam (after purifying my body).

yes it was a difficult decision, one day i have to tell my family members that i am a Muslim.

people here are very helpful and i am very thankful that this community is here to help me out when ever i need help.
    It's probably better not to tell them while you live with them.

Account Disabled

Mentioned
    252 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6163 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aidaalej View Post
    What did they do?
    They put restrictions and i think also verbal abuse. I don't remember word for word.

Her username was fatima something............I lack brain neurones to dig up more info sorry.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    69 Post(s)

due to history of my caste. but i forgot that even mongols who saked Baghdad were accepted as fellow muslims.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1441 Post(s)

My parents didnt know i was a muslim the first year i was one and since the moment they came to know until now our relationship went sour, but i am muslim Alhamdulillah
    If i would have asked my mum can i be a muslim and waited for her permission i will die a kafir
    Oh same here :/

Account Disabled

Mentioned
    252 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6163 Post(s)

Well hindus also think their religion is the truth, so the reaction will be same.

It's about the lack of acceptance from the community.

Mentioned
    604 Post(s)
    Quoted
    9173 Post(s)

Oh same here :/
    Unfortunately...

May Allah guide our parents Ameen

Surah Al Baqarah ayah 21

Account Disabled

Mentioned
    252 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6163 Post(s)

due to history of my caste. but i forgot that even mongols who saked Baghdad were accepted as fellow muslims.
    No.

The mongols who sakced Baghdad- the Ilkhanate accepted Islam much later.

A part of the mongols called the Golden Horde were the first to accept Islam.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    69 Post(s)

Speaking about history, there are even more amazing parts of islamic history.

No mention of islamic history can be complete without Khalid bn Walid's victory over the Byzantines where 25,000 muslims defeated an army of 140,000 romans.
    he was a genius no doubt about it. very few armies were Abelto beat Romans in their own land.

Mentioned
    604 Post(s)
    Quoted
    9173 Post(s)

Well hindus also think their religion is the truth, so the reaction will be same.

It's about the lack of acceptance from the community.
    I know the reaction will be the same but in essence it means that fo him to deny islam bc mum and dad dont like it isnt justifyable since islam is truth

Surah Al Baqarah ayah 21

Mentioned
    604 Post(s)
    Quoted
    9173 Post(s)

But who has the authority to forbid it

Surah Al Baqarah ayah 21

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    69 Post(s)

yeah, Islam is the Truth !

i guess my parents will do same thing to me. thats why i am not ging to tell anybody that i am a Muslim for while. first i need to get a job and able to financially support myself.

Account Disabled

Mentioned
    252 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6163 Post(s)

Read this:
    http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthrea...nvert-To-Islam

Mentioned
    604 Post(s)
    Quoted
    9173 Post(s)

yeah, Islam is the Truth !

i guess my parents will do same thing to me. thats why i am not ging to tell anybody that i am a Muslim for while. first i need to get a job and able to financially support myself.
    As long as its a possibility to hide it thats fine

Surah Al Baqarah ayah 21

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    69 Post(s)

It's probably better not to tell them while you live with them.
    i am surely going with your advice sister

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    69 Post(s)

can you guys suggest me good App to learn how to pray ?

Account Disabled

Mentioned
    252 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6163 Post(s)

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...tepsalat&hl=en

This one has audio too.

btw you should first concentrate on the fard(compulsory) salah. Then later on you can try sunnah salah as well.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    69 Post(s)

yeah, my community follows Hinduism with a great zeal. you you can expect same from me.

i was Hindu warrior first, now i am a Jundullah

Mentioned
    604 Post(s)
    Quoted
    9173 Post(s)

https://youtu.be/WKblG-Zoagk
    This is how i learned

Surah Al Baqarah ayah 21

Mentioned
    309 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4387 Post(s)

hey there,

Welcome to Islam brother. May Allah make it easy for you. Ameen.
    "If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor."

"Nothing protects the rights of the minority like the tyranny of the majority"

Account Disabled

Mentioned
    252 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6163 Post(s)

yeah, my community follows Hinduism with a great zeal. you you can expect same from me.

i was Hindu warrior first, now i am a Jundullah
    Ah, I presume there's no muslim community anywhere near you?