Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    17 Post(s)

Murder of a muslim by another.

Will the victim being a believer, goes to heaven? What are the Hadis about the fate of the victim in Qiyamah?
    Say: "O People of the Book! come to common terms as between us and you: That we worship none but Allah; that we associate no partners ... turn back, say ye: "Bear witness that we (at least) are Muslims (bowing to Allah's Will).

Mentioned
    266 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2677 Post(s)

Re: Murder of a muslim by another.

The question is unclear, like why would the victim pay consequences ?
    Mix with the noble people, you become one of them; and keep away from evil people so that you protect yourself from their evils.

Hadhrat Ali (Radiallahu anhu)

Mentioned
    625 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7735 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Lark View Post
    The question is unclear, like why would the victim pay consequences ?
    No he's asking if a murdered Muslim was murdered another Muslim, would the victim be forgiven of his sins (by virtue of being murdered) and thus attain jannah?

Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1405 Post(s)

Are you asking if they would be a martyr?

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quoted
    96 Post(s)

The Messenger of Allah (صلى الله عليه وسلم) said: There are seven types of martyrdom in addition to being killed in Allah's cause: one who dies of plague is a martyr; one who is drowned is a martyr; one who dies of pleurisy is a martyr; one who dies of an internal complaint is a martyr; one who is burnt to death is a martyr; who one is killed by a building falling on him is a martyr; and a woman who dies while pregnant is a martyr.
    https://sunnah.com/abudawud/21/23

The Prophet (صلى الله عليه وسلم) said: He who is killed while protecting his property is a martyr, and he who is killed while defending his family, or his blood, or his religion is a martyr.
    https://sunnah.com/abudawud/42/177

Narrated Al-Ahnaf bin Qais:
    While I was going to help this man ('Ali Ibn Abi Talib), Abu Bakra met me and asked, "Where are you going?" I replied, "I am going to help that person." He said, "Go back for I have heard Allah's Messenger (صلى الله عليه وسلم) saying, 'When two Muslims fight (meet) each other with their swords, both the murderer as well as the murdered will go to the Hell-fire.' I said, 'O Allah's Messenger (صلى الله عليه وسلم)! It is all right for the murderer but what about the murdered one?' Allah's Messenger (صلى الله عليه وسلم) replied, "He surely had the intention to kill his companion."
    https://sunnah.com/bukhari/2/24

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4847 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ibrahim Rasheed View Post
    Will the victim being a believer, goes to heaven? What are the Hadis about the fate of the victim in Qiyamah?
    Being a victim doesn't mean the person automatically goes to paradise,

Anybody killed unjustly will be recompensed on the day of judgement

http://www.ilovepalestine.com/campai...imesinGaza.gif

"It does not befit the lion to answer the dogs."

Imam al-Shafii (Rahimahullah)

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4847 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Morose View Post
    No he's asking if a murdered Muslim was murdered another Muslim, would the victim be forgiven of his sins (by virtue of being murdered) and thus attain jannah?
    That's not how it works,

We don't get a ticket to jannah and our sins wiped because we become a victim,

False assumptions

Account Disabled

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    179 Post(s)

depends on what type of believer he is

a non-practicing muslim is not guaranteed forgiveness and it is feared that the 'murder' can be just the beginning of divine punishment, but it can be hoped it will serve as a purger of his sins

hadith says if two muslims fight one another then the killed and the killer both go to hell, so if he had intention to kill his murderer too then unfortunately it will happen as the hadith says, but still we do not despair and hope for his forgiveness

a practicing muslim [who was just defending himself or not fighting back; no intention to murder his opponent too] is martyred!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    17 Post(s)

I will be more specific. A muslim women is murdered by unknown assailants. Not in a fight between two muslims. If so what is the ruling for murdered victim.
    Last edited by Ibrahim Rasheed; 11-04-17 at 05:46 AM. Reason: Spelling.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    17 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Salaam786 View Post
    1. depends on what type of believer he is
    She is a muslim women, murdered during her sleep.
    a practicing muslim [who was just defending himself or not fighting back; no intention to murder his opponent too] is martyred!
    Can you get me any Hadiz on this issue if available?
    Say: "O People of the Book! come to common terms as between us and you: That we worship none but Allah; that we associate no partners ... turn back, say ye: "Bear witness that we (at least) are Muslims (bowing to Allah's Will).

Account Disabled

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    179 Post(s)

Can you get me any Hadiz on this issue if available?
    According to Imam Abu Hanifa (may Allah be pleased with him), a Muslim who is killed for unjust and illegal reasons with a lethal weapon (such as a knife or gun), then the victim will be considered a martyr (shaheed).

Regarding two Muslims fighting, he (peace be upon him) said:

When two Muslims draw their swords at each other, the killer and the killed will both be in the Hellfire. Abu Bakrah (the narrator) asked, I or someone else asked, Oh Messenger of Allah, that is the [fate of the] killer, but why the one killed? So he (peace be upon him) replied, Indeed, he too intended to kill his companion. [Muslim, Sahih]

http://seekershub.org/ans-blog/2010/...ered-a-martyr/

the Prophet (Sallallahu Alaihi wa Sallam) said: "One who is killed while defending himself, i.e. as a victim of injustice, is also a martyr". [Ahmad and al-Nasai]

http://www.islamweb.net/emainpage/in...twaId&Id=83878

hadith also says, if muslim comes to you to kill you be like the son of Adam [i.e, dont fight back and let him kill you]
    Last edited by Salaam786; 11-04-17 at 04:17 PM.

Account Disabled

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    179 Post(s)

Inna lillahi wa inna ilayhi wa rajioun may ALlah give her jannah ameen

inshALlah it can be hoped she is shaheed!

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4847 Post(s)

I will be more specific. A muslim women is murdered by unknown assailants. Not in a fight between two muslims. If so what is the ruling for murdered victim.
    إِنَّا للهِ وَإِنَّـا إِلَيْهِ رَاجِعونَ

She will be recompensed by Allah عز و جل on the day or judgement and إِن*شَاءَ اَللّٰه she will enter Jannah,

None of us can say with guarantee that we won't enter Jahannam, because we are killed unjustly,

Unless somone can show us with a Hadith that becoming a victim means you are guaranteed Jannah, with no punishments for any of your sins in the Akhira,

Account Disabled

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    179 Post(s)

Brother the important thing is not being shaheed, but her going to jannah!

if she was practing then inshALlah it can be hoped she is in jannah!; make lots of dua for her nonetheless!

Account Disabled

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    179 Post(s)

According to Imam Abu Hanifa (may Allah be pleased with him), a Muslim who is killed for unjust and illegal reasons with a lethal weapon (such as a knife or gun), then the victim will be considered a martyr (shaheed).

above statement is enough to conclude she is martyred, but still we must pray for her salvation from jahannum and entry into jannah as we cannot be certain of her martyrdom [she apparently is a martyr so we can call her that] as martyrdom is based on state of heart and only Allah knows that
    Last edited by Salaam786; 18-04-17 at 11:43 PM.

Mentioned
    308 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4387 Post(s)

Narrated Ibn Mas'ud:
    that the Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said: "Verbally abusing a Muslim is disobedience and fighting him is disbelief."

Sa'd bin Abi Waqas told us that:
    The Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said: "Fighting a Muslim is Kufr and defaming him is evildoing."

It was narrated that Abu Bakrah said:
    "The Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said: 'If two Muslims fight with swords, and one of them kills the other, then the killer and the slain will both be in Hell.'

"If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor."

"Nothing protects the rights of the minority like the tyranny of the majority"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    17 Post(s)

Salaam Alaikum.

I thank everyone for the comments on the subject. Jazak Allah Khairan.

Account Disabled

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    179 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by candyapple View Post
    Narrated Ibn Mas'ud:
    that the Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said: "Verbally abusing a Muslim is disobedience and fighting him is disbelief."

Sa'd bin Abi Waqas told us that:
    The Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said: "Fighting a Muslim is Kufr and defaming him is evildoing."

It was narrated that Abu Bakrah said:
    "The Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said: 'If two Muslims fight with swords, and one of them kills the other, then the killer and the slain will both be in Hell.'

MaashALlah jzk sis for them,

however let me provide some context just for begginners!

Muslims fight every day dont they? gang fights, mad fights village fights, etc etc, , so do they turn kuffar; nah so it must mean that one who fights a muslim for his religion!!!!

and two muslims fighting, that one would mean both fighting for unjust reason!

SUFI HANAFI
    Mentioned
    483 Post(s)
    Quoted
    8551 Post(s)

above statement is enough to conclude she is martyred...
    Please provide the source.

Account Disabled

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    179 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abu 'Abdullaah View Post
    Please provide the source.
    i already did a few posts above

Mentioned
    306 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2707 Post(s)

hadith also says, if muslim comes to you to kill you be like the son of Adam [i.e, dont fight back and let him kill you]
    Where did you read that?

Mentioned
    1109 Post(s)
    Quoted
    16378 Post(s)

above statement is enough to conclude she is martyred
    I didn't know Abu Haneefah's statements have now become a hujjah in the deen...oh wait.
    You think you know more than my scholar's qiyās? He was more learned than you and all other scholars combined. Yeah, the devil was the greatest scholar too and look where his qiyās of fire being better than tīn got him. Sorry.

You follow your scholar's qiyās, and I will follow the Qur'ān and Sunnah.

Account Disabled

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    179 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ZeeshanParvez View Post
    Where did you read that?
    The Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said: Before the Last Hour there will be commotions like pieces of a dark night in which a man will be a believer in the morning and an infidel in the evening, or a believer in the evening and infidel in the morning. He who sits during them will be better than he who gets up and he who walks during them is better than he who runs. So break your bows, cut your bowstrings and strike your swords on stones. If people then come in to one of you, let him be like the better of Adam's two sons.

إِنَّ بَيْنَ يَدَىِ السَّاعَةِ فِتَنًا كَقِطَعِ اللَّيْلِ الْمُظْلِمِ يُصْبِحُ الرَّجُلُ فِيهَا مُؤْمِنًا وَيُمْسِي كَافِرًا وَيُمْسِي مُؤْمِنًا وَيُصْبِحُ كَافِرًا الْقَاعِدُ فِيهَا خَيْرٌ مِنَ الْقَائِمِ وَالْمَاشِي فِيهَا خَيْرٌ مِنَ السَّاعِي فَكَسِّرُوا قِسِيَّكُمْ وَقَطِّعُوا أَوْتَارَكُمْ وَاضْرِبُوا سُيُوفَكُمْ بِالْحِجَارَةِ فَإِنْ دُخِلَ - يَعْنِي عَلَى أَحَدٍ مِنْكُمْ - فَلْيَكُنْ كَخَيْرِ ابْنَىْ آدَمَ ‏

Sunan Abi Dawud 4259

Sahih (Al-Albani)

https://sunnah.com/abudawud/37/20
    Last edited by Salaam786; 21-04-17 at 03:08 PM.

Account Disabled

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    179 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Linkdeutscher View Post
    I didn't know Abu Haneefah's statements have now become a hujjah in the deen...oh wait.
    what do you say to a OP who doesn't specify any school of thought he follows?; a trustworthy opinion of any great imam is enough!

Account Disabled

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    179 Post(s)

Where did you read that?

Imams Ahmad, Abu Dawood and Tirmidhi have reported the following on the authority of Sa’d ibn Abi Waqqs (may Allah be pleased with him) who was present at the time of the fitnah which took place when the Caliph ‘Uthmn ibn ‘Affn (may Allah be pleased with him) was murdered. He said: “I bear witness that the Prophet (may the Peace and Blessings of Allah be upon him) said,

‘There will be Fitnah very soon. The one who sat down during it will be better than the one who is standing. Similarly, the one who is standing will be better than the one who was walking. And the one who is walking will be better than the one who is running.’ Sa’d (may Allah be pleased with him) said, ‘Tell me what I should do when if someone enters my home and wants to kill me?’ The Prophet replied, ‘Be like the son of Adam.’”

In another version of the same hadith, it says: “Be like the better of the two sons of Adam.” (Ahmad, vol 1, p 169; Abu Dawood, kitb al-Fitan, Bb an-Nahie an as-Sa’ee fi al-Fitna. Imam Muslim, Abu Dawood, Tirmidhi and Ibn Mjah all reported this hadith on the authority of Abu Dharr)

http://www.islamicstories.com/story/122

Mentioned
    1109 Post(s)
    Quoted
    16378 Post(s)

what do you say to a OP who doesn't specify any school of thought he follows?; a trustworthy opinion of any great imam is enough!
    The Qur'an and sunnah doesn't talk about following school of thoughts.

Regardless, it is not enough in any way.
    You think you know more than my scholar's qiyās? He was more learned than you and all other scholars combined. Yeah, the devil was the greatest scholar too and look where his qiyās of fire being better than tīn got him. Sorry.

Mentioned
    306 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2707 Post(s)

Imams Ahmad, Abu Dawood and Tirmidhi have reported the following on the authority of Sa’d ibn Abi Waqqs (may Allah be pleased with him) who was present at the time of the fitnah which took place when the Caliph ‘Uthmn ibn ‘Affn (may Allah be pleased with him) was murdered. He said: “I bear witness that the Prophet (may the Peace and Blessings of Allah be upon him) said,

‘There will be Fitnah very soon. The one who sat down during it will be better than the one who is standing. Similarly, the one who is standing will be better than the one who was walking. And the one who is walking will be better than the one who is running.’ Sa’d (may Allah be pleased with him) said, ‘Tell me what I should do when if someone enters my home and wants to kill me?’ The Prophet replied, ‘Be like the son of Adam.’”

In another version of the same hadith, it says: “Be like the better of the two sons of Adam.” (Ahmad, vol 1, p 169; Abu Dawood, kitb al-Fitan, Bb an-Nahie an as-Sa’ee fi al-Fitna. Imam Muslim, Abu Dawood, Tirmidhi and Ibn Mjah all reported this hadith on the authority of Abu Dharr)

http://www.islamicstories.com/story/122
    The Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said: Before the Last Hour there will be commotions like pieces of a dark night in which a man will be a believer in the morning and an infidel in the evening, or a believer in the evening and infidel in the morning. He who sits during them will be better than he who gets up and he who walks during them is better than he who runs. So break your bows, cut your bowstrings and strike your swords on stones. If people then come in to one of you, let him be like the better of Adam's two sons.

إِنَّ بَيْنَ يَدَىِ السَّاعَةِ فِتَنًا كَقِطَعِ اللَّيْلِ الْمُظْلِمِ يُصْبِحُ الرَّجُلُ فِيهَا مُؤْمِنًا وَيُمْسِي كَافِرًا وَيُمْسِي مُؤْمِنًا وَيُصْبِحُ كَافِرًا الْقَاعِدُ فِيهَا خَيْرٌ مِنَ الْقَائِمِ وَالْمَاشِي فِيهَا خَيْرٌ مِنَ السَّاعِي فَكَسِّرُوا قِسِيَّكُمْ وَقَطِّعُوا أَوْتَارَكُمْ وَاضْرِبُوا سُيُوفَكُمْ بِالْحِجَارَةِ فَإِنْ دُخِلَ - يَعْنِي عَلَى أَحَدٍ مِنْكُمْ - فَلْيَكُنْ كَخَيْرِ ابْنَىْ آدَمَ ‏

Sunan Abi Dawud 4259

Sahih (Al-Albani)

https://sunnah.com/abudawud/37/20

The scholars have explained that hadith. They have explained it keeping in mind the following hadith:

It was narrated from Abu Hurairah that:

A man came to the Messenger of Allah () and said: "O Messenger of Allah, what do you think if someone comes to steal my wealth?" He said: "Urge him by Allah." He said: "What if he persists?" He said: "Urge him by Allah." He said: "What if he persists?" He said: "Urge him by Allah." He said: "What if he persists?" He said: "Then fight. If you are killed you will be in Paradise and if you kill him, he will be in the Fire."

[Sunan al-Nasaa'i Hadith No. 4083]

Have you read the explanation?

Account Disabled

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    179 Post(s)

The scholars have explained that hadith. They have explained it keeping in mind the following hadith:

It was narrated from Abu Hurairah that:

A man came to the Messenger of Allah () and said: "O Messenger of Allah, what do you think if someone comes to steal my wealth?" He said: "Urge him by Allah." He said: "What if he persists?" He said: "Urge him by Allah." He said: "What if he persists?" He said: "Urge him by Allah." He said: "What if he persists?" He said: "Then fight. If you are killed you will be in Paradise and if you kill him, he will be in the Fire."

[Sunan al-Nasaa'i Hadith No. 4083]

Have you read the explanation?
    yeah i've read the explanation, however it's by unverified sources that site; it even says Habil probably fought kabil in defense!

the hadith you mentioned is obviously about someone trying to nab your property; we know that Usman Gani [ra] never fought the muslims that came to kill him ...

Account Disabled

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    179 Post(s)

The Qur'an and sunnah doesn't talk about following school of thoughts.

Regardless, it is not enough in any way.
    so a person comes here for answer and we're going to have a whole debate about which opinion is right [as if we laymen can figure that out anyway] and this brother is to judge who is right just to get his answer???; he'll probably go more confused then when he came here!

Mentioned
    1109 Post(s)
    Quoted
    16378 Post(s)

so a person comes here for answer and we're going to have a whole debate about which opinion is right [as if we laymen can figure that out anyway] and this brother is to judge who is right just to get his answer???; he'll probably go more confused then when he came here!
    Your calculation of the probability is irrelevant.

Account Disabled

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    179 Post(s)

Your calculation of the probability is irrelevant.
    either that or misguided bro; see:

http://shaykhhamza.com/transcript/Fa...owing-a-Madhab

Mentioned
    1109 Post(s)
    Quoted
    16378 Post(s)

The heretic who denies the obligation of establishing the shari'ah and mocks it.

Irrelevant indeed your calculation is.

Account Disabled

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    179 Post(s)

The heretic who denies the obligation of establishing the shari'ah and mocks it.

Irrelevant indeed your calculation is.
    he only translated the fatwa of Imam Murabtal Hajj, one of the greatest Scholars of this age!!!

Mentioned
    306 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2707 Post(s)

he only translated the fatwa of Imam Murabtal Hajj, one of the greatest Scholars of this age!!!
    Do you know the hadith about some scholars being more dangerous to this Ummah than the Dajjaal?

Are you actually going to defend any man, regardless of his "status", if he says that Islamic legislation cannot be implemented today?

Mentioned
    306 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2707 Post(s)

yeah i've read the explanation, however it's by unverified sources that site; it even says Habil probably fought kabil in defense!

the hadith you mentioned is obviously about someone trying to nab your property; we know that Usman Gani [ra] never fought the muslims that came to kill him ...
    It is not limited to property.

وقال القرطبي في التفسير عند الآية 34 من سورة المائدة: مذهب ابن عمر والحسن البصري وإبراهيم النخعي وقتادة ومالك والشافعي وأحمد وإسحاق والنعمان، وبهذا يقول عوام أهل العلم أن للرجل أن يقاتل عن نفسه وأهله وماله إذا أريد ظلما، للأخبار التي جاءت عن النبي صلى الله عليه وسلم لم يخص وقتاً دون وقت، ولا حالاً دون حال إلا السلطان

al-Qurtubi said in his Tafsiir of Verse 34 of Suurah al-Maa'idah:

[Paraphrase] The Madhab of Ibn Umar, al-Hasan al-Basri, Ibraahiim al-Nakh'ii, Qataadah, Maalik, al-Shaafi'i, 'Ahmad, 'Ishaaq, al-Nu'maan (and the masses from among the people of knowledge have adhered to this view) is that a person has the right to fight on his behalf, his family, and his wealth based on the narrations which have come to us from the Prophet of Allaah () which have not specified any specific time to the exclusion of any other nor any specific state to the exclusion of any other except the Sultaan.

Account Disabled

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    179 Post(s)

It is not limited to property.

وقال القرطبي في التفسير عند الآية 34 من سورة المائدة: مذهب ابن عمر والحسن البصري وإبراهيم النخعي وقتادة ومالك والشافعي وأحمد وإسحاق والنعمان، وبهذا يقول عوام أهل العلم أن للرجل أن يقاتل عن نفسه وأهله وماله إذا أريد ظلما، للأخبار التي جاءت عن النبي صلى الله عليه وسلم لم يخص وقتاً دون وقت، ولا حالاً دون حال إلا السلطان

al-Qurtubi said in his Tafsiir of Verse 34 of Suurah al-Maa'idah:

[Paraphrase] The Madhab of Ibn Umar, al-Hasan al-Basri, Ibraahiim al-Nakh'ii, Qataadah, Maalik, al-Shaafi'i, 'Ahmad, 'Ishaaq, al-Nu'maan (and the masses from among the people of knowledge have adhered to this view) is that a person has the right to fight on his behalf, his family, and his wealth based on the narrations which have come to us from the Prophet of Allaah () which have not specified any specific time to the exclusion of any other nor any specific state to the exclusion of any other except the Sultaan.
    ofcourse bro we have right for self defense but just saying that 'being like the son of Adam' might be the better option

Account Disabled

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    179 Post(s)

Do you know the hadith about some scholars being more dangerous to this Ummah than the Dajjaal?

Are you actually going to defend any man, regardless of his "status", if he says that Islamic legislation cannot be implemented today?
    yes ofcourse 'Scholars' can call to the gates of hell too, but the question is, which one's are??

bro, ive listened to Shaykh hamza Yusufs talks for ages ... he has sound intellecutal basis behind whatever he says; it only takes us to understand the deeper meaning of what he's saying and in context, then it dont seem so contreversial as it apperantly could

i think your reffering to him saying that shariah cannot be implemented today in the west as you need lifestyle to change first, otherwise everyone will get their hand cut off! ; there's nothing wrong with that and he's right. we really need to apply aql to naql bro; thats not only Shaykh Hamza's way but ahlus sunnahs way too!