Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mentioned
    395 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1713 Post(s)

How this section works.

Due to the rise in complaints about threads being closed, we're testing out this new section. This is how it works:

1. Threads that would have otherwise been closed for whatever shortcomings may end up here (this excludes problematic threads which may either stay locked or just removed).

2. Posting in here does not increase post count, repping is also disabled.

3. Threads cannot be created in this section, just moved into it.

4. It is possible that users who don't confine disruptive posting to this section may end up banished wander aimlessly within the confines of this place for a time!

Regular forum rules still apply in general however. So for instance no bad language and please be nice to each other.

Jazaakumullahu khair.
    Last edited by علي; 06-04-17 at 08:41 AM.
    والمبادرة إلى التكفير إنما تغلب على طباع من يغلب عليهم الجهل - ابن تيمية رحمه الله - بغية المرتاد

"Rushing towards takfir is an attitude which is dominant over those who are defeated by ignorance." - Ibn Taymiyyah Rahimahullah [Bughyatul Murtaad, page 354]

Mentioned
    1120 Post(s)
    Quoted
    16477 Post(s)

Re: How this section works.

Quote Originally Posted by علي View Post
    The soapbox was an attempt to facilitate some intelligent discussion as the lounge was constantly flooded with chit chat topics one had to wade through before anything could happen.
    You missed the point...

Yes and it was a faliure. There were like 10 threads max there, half of them being Islamic reminders. There wasn't really much 'intelligent discussion' in comparison to the Lounge.
    You think you know more than my scholar's qiyās? He was more learned than you and all other scholars combined. Yeah, the devil was the greatest scholar too and look where his qiyās of fire being better than tīn got him. Sorry.

You follow your scholar's qiyās, and I will follow the Qur'ān and Sunnah.

Mentioned
    395 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1713 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Linkdeutscher View Post
    You missed the point...

Yes and it was a faliure. There were like 10 threads max there, half of them being Islamic reminders. There wasn't really much 'intelligent discussion' in comparison to the Lounge.
    Yeah we're gonna have to agree to disagree on The Lounge bro. Bastion of intelligent discussion.
    والمبادرة إلى التكفير إنما تغلب على طباع من يغلب عليهم الجهل - ابن تيمية رحمه الله - بغية المرتاد

"Rushing towards takfir is an attitude which is dominant over those who are defeated by ignorance." - Ibn Taymiyyah Rahimahullah [Bughyatul Murtaad, page 354]

Mentioned
    1120 Post(s)
    Quoted
    16477 Post(s)

Yeah we're gonna have to agree to disagree on The Lounge bro. Bastion of intelligent discussion.
    To be honest son, if I was given control of the Lounge it would become the most elite discussion space on the whole Internet.
    You think you know more than my scholar's qiyās? He was more learned than you and all other scholars combined. Yeah, the devil was the greatest scholar too and look where his qiyās of fire being better than tīn got him. Sorry.

Mentioned
    395 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1713 Post(s)

To be honest son, if I was given control of the Lounge it would become the most elite discussion space on the whole Internet.
    Well, at least I know what tonight's nightmare is gonna be about.

Mentioned
    889 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2995 Post(s)

You missed the point...

To be fair, the general vibe here isn't for intelligent discussions. Sure we can have some here and there, but the majority of the forum is used as a place to relax and chill with other Muslims, which is fine.

Plus, my threads there were popular enough, so it wasn't a complete failure.
    مَّن ذَا الَّذِي يُقْرِضُ اللّهَ قَرْضًا حَسَنًا فَيُضَاعِفَهُ لَهُ أَضْعَافًا كَثِيرَةً وَاللّهُ يَقْبِضُ وَيَبْسُطُ وَإِلَيْهِ تُرْجَعُونَ

"Who is he that will loan to Allah a beautiful loan, which Allah will double unto his credit and multiply many times?
    It is Allah that giveth (you) Want or plenty, and to Him shall be your return."
    Surah al-Baqarah
    [2:245]

.:.
    .:. Perfer et Obdura : Dolor Hic Tibi Proderit Olim .:.
    Be patient and strong : someday this pain will be useful to you

...said the spider to the fly...

Mentioned
    1120 Post(s)
    Quoted
    16477 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pippin1376 View Post
    To be fair, the general vibe here isn't for intelligent discussions. Sure we can have some here and there, but the majority of the forum is used as a place to relax and chill with other Muslims, which is fine.

Agreed son.

abu sab'a
    Mentioned
    241 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3300 Post(s)

Which was the point I was trying to make earlier. its basically chit chat at times. Nothing wrong with that as long as some rules are observed

With respect, and i hope you wont mind me saying this to you as I feel you dont just respond ''to win'', some of your threads I as mod would have closed if it was the this is an islamic forum approach. But they raised good discussion and that is that

I would go further and say that most islamic threads dont see past page one.

Maybe what needs to be done is to decide what this forum is about, not with us but just the admin folk. We just had 2 different responses from 2 mods

Mentioned
    1120 Post(s)
    Quoted
    16477 Post(s)

Well, at least I know what tonight's nightmare is gonna be about.

You underestimate me bro, you underestimate me.

Mentioned
    889 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2995 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nonameakhi View Post
    Which was the point I was trying to make earlier. its basically chit chat at times. Nothing wrong with that as long as some rules are observed

With respect, and i hope you wont mind me saying this to you as I feel you dont just respond ''to win'', some of your threads I as mod would have closed if it was the this is an islamic forum approach. But they raised good discussion and that is that

I would go further and say that most islamic threads dont see past page one.

Maybe what needs to be done is to decide what this forum is about, not with us but just the admin folk. We just had 2 different responses from 2 mods
    I don't know if they would have been closed, even when I wasn't a mod I was posting threads like that.....and eventually they'd get closed, but not really. I'm all for discussions and critical thinking, but this is a Muslim forum and not really an Islamic one. A Muslim forum is pretty much a place where Muslims from all walks of life can congregate at a place and relax and talk about whatever....and by whatever, I mean anything as long as it abides by the forum rules. And that's fine, because a good number of the members here don't have people they can just relax with in real life. So this forum provides a safe space for them where they can chill, but also maintain a level of hayaa and Islamicness into it.

Islamic threads don't see much action, because what exactly do you say in an Islamic thread but or "MashaaAllah bro/sis!" And even then, the majority of us don't have enough knowledge to discuss the nitty gritty aspects of the deen because we're pretty much lay people. So what can you do?

I hope no one takes offense by my stance, misunderstands what I'm saying or feels like I'm attacking them.
    مَّن ذَا الَّذِي يُقْرِضُ اللّهَ قَرْضًا حَسَنًا فَيُضَاعِفَهُ لَهُ أَضْعَافًا كَثِيرَةً وَاللّهُ يَقْبِضُ وَيَبْسُطُ وَإِلَيْهِ تُرْجَعُونَ

"Who is he that will loan to Allah a beautiful loan, which Allah will double unto his credit and multiply many times?
    Surah al-Baqarah

abu sab'a
    Mentioned
    241 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3300 Post(s)

I don't know if they would have been closed, even when I wasn't a mod I was posting threads like that.....and eventually they'd get closed, but not really. I'm all for discussions and critical thinking, but this is a Muslim forum and not really an Islamic one. A Muslim forum is pretty much a place where Muslims from all walks of life can congregate at a place and relax and talk about whatever....and by whatever, I mean anything as long as it abides by the forum rules. And that's fine, because a good number of the members here don't have people they can just relax with in real life. So this forum provides a safe space for them where they can chill, but also maintain a level of hayaa and Islamicness into it.

Islamic threads don't see much action, because what exactly do you say in an Islamic thread but or "MashaaAllah bro/sis!" And even then, the majority of us don't have enough knowledge to discuss the nitty gritty aspects of the deen because we're pretty much lay people. So what can you do?

I hope no one takes offense by my stance, misunderstands what I'm saying or feels like I'm attacking them.
    Cant disagree with that and I think we are kind of on the same page

I think its too convenient sometimes to play the Islamic card, which gets played nonetheless and ultimately that is the confusion here, for me.

It hasnt happened to me in a while but I have seen some threads get closed for no reason whilst others run and run. as Sajid has said this is down to individual mods and maybe that is what needs discussion, behind the scenes amongst you guys, as to what is this place for

obviously i am going by what i have seen an dont know what goes on behind the scenes in PMs etc but the gist of the complaints re closed threads is usually why?

Mentioned
    395 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1713 Post(s)

What you're saying about the nature of the forum is true, but I don't agree with it being completely fine due to a number of reasons.

First, users treating the place like it's whatsapp when it's not. Some are saying that it wasn't an issue before, why make it one now? And that this is what the userbase is. But I also say that due to the userbase, it's very likely we're missing out on a different userbase that would have been more open to different discussions. Many if not most of the brothers and sisters on the forum are already in whatsapp groups with their fellow forum goers, so what would be the point of making this forum an extension of it? Especially when it spills into almost every topic, specifically when the users involved in that topic have nothing to do with all this. Some complain that things are changing, but they don't realize that others who may have left or who lurk had complaints about the stuff these people are defending. Only they don't have whatsapp for their needs, while the chatters do along with every other social media platform.

Second the issue of mixing and so on. A lot of people don't seem to realize that treating the place like it's a whatsapp chat group (like not even a serious whatsapp group) basically accentuates the whole mixing problem. Because you can't have that environment open for everyone to see, but then be like "No. You, no. You stay out, you're a girl", or vice versa. Abu 'Abdullaah makes an excellent point saying that with social media in general, one chooses what to follow, what to look at, etc. They choose their feeds. On the forum, there really isn't much that can be done to get away. We can say hey, don't click a topic if you don't like it. But it spills into other topics too, what does this user do then? Not to mention it is an issue that one has to be assaulted with such random topics in sections that would otherwise have been more serious.

There are a lot of other types of users who I think can be catered to with better categorization. The one who wants to discuss "wagwun" can do so without assaulting the eyes of the one who does not. It's tough to change, maybe even impossible, but I for one think it's worth striving towards and is overall a noble goal. And if a bro like Abu 'Abdullaah wants to put ideas out there, I'm definitely up for them even if I myself am short in contributing to said ideas.

Mentioned
    889 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2995 Post(s)

Cant disagree with that and I think we are kind of on the same page

I think its too convenient sometimes to play the Islamic card, which gets played nonetheless and ultimately that is the confusion here, for me.

It hasnt happened to me in a while but I have seen some threads get closed for no reason whilst others run and run. as Sajid has said this is down to individual mods and maybe that is what needs discussion, behind the scenes amongst you guys, as to what is this place for

obviously i am going by what i have seen an dont know what goes on behind the scenes in PMs etc but the gist of the complaints re closed threads is usually why?
    I don't know if why is the appropriate question as to why the threads are closed, only because this was what everyone wanted. Before AA and Hajar arrived, we received tons of complaints about there being too much free mixing, chit chats, and what not. In an effort to curb that we added two new mods who have been doing a great job mashaaAllah. The problem then turned into things maybe happening way too soon instead of it being gradual. But the threads that were closed were ones that we've received complaints about, for free mixing, or were prone to being chit chat threads.

At least...that's how I see things. Most of the complaints about closed threads were just saying "Why were they closed when they've always been there." Instead of providing a reason as to why it shouldn't be closed when there was free mixing/chit chat involved.

What you're saying about the nature of the forum is true, but I don't agree with it being completely fine due to a number of reasons.

First, users treating the place like it's whatsapp when it's not. Some are saying that it wasn't an issue before, why make it one now? And that this is what the userbase is. But I also say that due to the userbase, it's very likely we're missing out on a different userbase that would have been more open to different discussions. Many if not most of the brothers and sisters on the forum are already in whatsapp groups with their fellow forum goers, so what would be the point of making this forum an extension of it? Especially when it spills into almost every topic, specifically when the users involved in that topic have nothing to do with all this. Some complain that things are changing, but they don't realize that others who may have left or who lurk had complaints about the stuff these people are defending. Only they don't have whatsapp for their needs, while the chatters do along with every other social media platform.

Second the issue of mixing and so on. A lot of people don't seem to realize that treating the place like it's a whatsapp chat group (like not even a serious whatsapp group) basically accentuates the whole mixing problem. Because you can't have that environment open for everyone to see, but then be like "No. You, no. You stay out, you're a girl", or vice versa. Abu 'Abdullaah makes an excellent point saying that with social media in general, one chooses what to follow, what to look at, etc. They choose their feeds. On the forum, there really isn't much that can be done to get away. We can say hey, don't click a topic if you don't like it. But it spills into other topics too, what does this user do then? Not to mention it is an issue that one has to be assaulted with such random topics in sections that would otherwise have been more serious.

There are a lot of other types of users who I think can be catered to with better categorization. The one who wants to discuss "wagwun" can do so without assaulting the eyes of the one who does not. It's tough to change, maybe even impossible, but I for one think it's worth striving towards and is overall a noble goal. And if a bro like Abu 'Abdullaah wants to put ideas out there, I'm definitely up for them even if I myself am short in contributing to said ideas.
    Hmmm, I think we need to remember that not all Muslims are the same level as super duper practicing Muslims. We all come from different walks of life and sometimes we don't have people we can just be comfortable with, so if members come here for that reason then I don't have an issue with it. There should be a place for them where they can also see other things that may help them grow too.

Muslims are not serious 100% for the time, because that would be exhausting. We joke, we laugh, and sometime we do silly halal things. That's why a section like this is important. They shouldn't go overboard, of course, but some topics are fine because people need it. Some do need to be closed and stuff, but not everything...

Plus, I have more of an issue with lack of adab than free mixing so....maybe my opinion here isn't really warranted.

Surah al-Baqarah

abu sab'a
    Mentioned
    241 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3300 Post(s)

I don't know if why is the appropriate question as to why the threads are closed, only because this was what everyone wanted. Before AA and Hajar arrived, we received tons of complaints about there being too much free mixing, chit chats, and what not. In an effort to curb that we added two new mods who have been doing a great job mashaaAllah. The problem then turned into things maybe happening way too soon instead of it being gradual. But the threads that were closed were ones that we've received complaints about, for free mixing, or were prone to being chit chat threads.

At least...that's how I see things. Most of the complaints about closed threads were just saying "Why were they closed when they've always been there." Instead of providing a reason as to why it shouldn't be closed when there was free mixing/chit chat involved.

Hmmm, I think we need to remember that not all Muslims are the same level as super duper practicing Muslims. We all come from different walks of life and sometimes we don't have people we can just be comfortable with, so if members come here for that reason then I don't have an issue with it. There should be a place for them where they can also see other things that may help them grow too.

Muslims are not serious 100% for the time, because that would be exhausting. We joke, we laugh, and sometime we do silly halal things. That's why a section like this is important. They shouldn't go overboard, of course, but some topics are fine because people need it. Some do need to be closed and stuff, but not everything...

Plus, I have more of an issue with lack of adab than free mixing so....maybe my opinion here isn't really warranted.
    sister can i PM you? I dont usually PM sisters and what i need to ask (its not private or anything like that purely as you are a mod) may not be good publicly

I understand if you say no

Mentioned
    889 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2995 Post(s)

sister can i PM you? I dont usually PM sisters and what i need to ask (its not private or anything like that purely as you are a mod) may not be good publicly

I understand if you say no
    I don't really care one way or another, but I can't promise you a quick reply since it's getting late here.

Surah al-Baqarah

Mentioned
    395 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1713 Post(s)

What I'm saying has nothing to do with practicing or not. People are complaining about the changes. Even about this section (and I definitely agree with you on it being needed at the moment, and I agree 100% with the first part of your post to Nonameakhi).

What I am saying is that I disagree with those complaining that these changes are negative or unneeded (i.e., ain't broke don't fix it), and that the forum should be allowed to continue as it was (i.e. every section is partly this section). I disagree with the idea that this was fine before, as I believe it was mainly fine for those who were chitchatting/derailing everything and the ones with enough patience to carry on despite the existence of the former. This latter group is definitely not everyone else. I feel like we definitely get people who see how things are and then just leave.

Hopefully with better categorization and dumping threads that treat this place like a chatroom in this section, we can find a little bit of something for everyone. Maybe when people are done with this section and want something a little more substantial, they can see other sections and fulfill their needs too.

Mentioned
    395 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1713 Post(s)

Plus, I have more of an issue with lack of adab than free mixing so....
    Unrelated to what we were talking about before in general, but with regards to this point, I think locking the right threads solves this issue because this practice doesn't allow threads to devolve into flamewars. This is especially true with sectarian threads, advice threads where we have one side of the story or have to assume, advice threads where the answer is obvious and other answers are clearly wrong Isamically, which will fuel negative sentiments when some users decide to give those answers anyway. It becomes a war to defend the correct opinion when in general it should have been given and then we all move on.

We can't really put adab into people (not easily anyway), but we can do what we can to mitigate the lack of same from surfacing as much as possible.

Although I may not be the best judge as an alleged rude person myself.

Mentioned
    889 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2995 Post(s)

What I'm saying has nothing to do with practicing or not. People are complaining about the changes. Even about this section (and I definitely agree with you on it being needed at the moment, and I agree 100% with the first part of your post to Nonameakhi).

What I am saying is that I disagree with those complaining that these changes are negative or unneeded (i.e., ain't broke don't fix it), and that the forum should be allowed to continue as it was (i.e. every section is partly this section). I disagree with the idea that this was fine before, as I believe it was mainly fine for those who were chitchatting/derailing everything and the ones with enough patience to carry on despite the existence of the former. This latter group is definitely not everyone else. I feel like we definitely get people who see how things are and then just leave.
    In a large scale, it's not fine. But threads like this will always happen, because Muslims are still human and not religious 100% of the time. And people complain all the time, we complain, users complain, everyone complains but as long as we keep each other in check then it's okay. We're trying something new so we'll see how it goes.

Hopefully with better categorization and dumping threads that treat this place like a chatroom in this section, we can find a little bit of something for everyone. Maybe when people are done with this section and want something a little more substantial, they can see other sections and fulfill their needs too.
    I don't think people will be done with this section and leave it, but they may use it and find themselves posting more in other places. I dunno. We'll see.

I'm very interested in seeing what happens from here on out.

Surah al-Baqarah

Mentioned
    337 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3516 Post(s)

I don't believe the number one complaint of the members was chit chatting/free mixing before the two mods came.

abu sab'a
    Mentioned
    241 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3300 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by A.Basheer View Post
    I don't believe the number one complaint of the members was chit chatting/free mixing before the two mods came.
    who are the 2 mods?

Mentioned
    395 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1713 Post(s)

Was it RAS who tried to address the complaint by then?

Mentioned
    337 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3516 Post(s)

who are the 2 mods?
    The two new ones I meant

abu sab'a
    Mentioned
    241 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3300 Post(s)

The two new ones I meant
    Yeah akhie I got that but who are the 2 new ones?

Mentioned
    337 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3516 Post(s)

Was it RAS who tried to address the complaint by then?

Lol. No. Some incident with a user here and the police and a mod not being around to edit the posts that lead to that problem. In general, the issue was there wasn't enough mod presence and when threads got reported.

I don't think anyone here would complain about free mixing except a few.

Mentioned
    337 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3516 Post(s)

Yeah akhie I got that but who are the 2 new ones?
    Abu Abdullah and Hajar

abu sab'a
    Mentioned
    241 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3300 Post(s)

Abu Abdullah and Hajar
    jzkh

Mentioned
    403 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1684 Post(s)

what about threads that would spring up every now and then on freemixing, etc in the lounge before either of us became mods?

anyway, the reason you hear more whining now is because the whiners' aren't getting to do what they did before with relative ease - whine; and talk about any and every thing random

anyway, the complaints have only recently become public, we have had complaints in private too that not many know about

Mentioned
    395 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1713 Post(s)

While perhaps it's a valid point that mixing is not the single greatest complaint, it is possibly the most persistent complaint of all. It always crops up, and when it does, it's always agreed that it's an issue by pretty much everyone.

Mentioned
    403 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1684 Post(s)

absolutely agree with the second para, you're far more eloquent than me mashallah

Mentioned
    337 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3516 Post(s)

Well, if that is the case about free mixing and it has always been a consistent problem, then no offense to all of you mods, but we got it under control.
    @Linkdeutscher @Morose

Mentioned
    651 Post(s)
    Quoted
    8031 Post(s)

Well, if that is the case about free mixing and it has always been a consistent problem, then no offense to all of you mods, but we got it under control.
    @Linkdeutscher @Morose
    We have it under control son, we have it under control. Except for one troubled user who won't obey. This one is very problematic son.

Mentioned
    651 Post(s)
    Quoted
    8031 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by .Hajar. View Post
    absolutely agree with the second para, you're far more eloquent than me mashallah
    Yes 'Ali very eloquent. I wish could rite like that but I'm an imbeseal.

Mentioned
    651 Post(s)
    Quoted
    8031 Post(s)

Anyway I dislike this section it will mean an even grater struggle for reps now. I've been on 1,109 since yesterday now and still no change! And I feel really bad for those who are not in the 1k klub as they're going to have a really hard time.

Alhamdulillah I crossed the boundary before it became too late.

Mentioned
    1124 Post(s)
    Quoted
    9765 Post(s)

I think soon we have to take some 'extra measures' to curb the conversation between the genders.
    lol I was jus jorkin

nna posts usually aren't kind so I was kinda shocked

btw if you're direct then it's less likely to start sumt, it's more them people that tiptoe around and hehe *giggles* awwwwww sis them ones enit.... if I was a bro I'd think aw hope she awws at me like that one day

if you act like a tomboy no one cares for u anyway you're rude I haven't forgotten
    ...And he who fears Allah - He will make for him a way out. [65:3]
    "Put your trust in Allah, certainly, Allah loves those who put their trust (in Him)."
    [Al-Imran 3:159]

Mentioned
    337 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3516 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RaNdOm View Post
    lol I was jus jorkin

nna posts usually aren't kind so I was kinda shocked

btw if you're direct then it's less likely to start sumt, it's more them people that tiptoe around and hehe *giggles* awwwwww sis them ones enit.... if I was a bro I'd think aw hope she awws at me like that one day

if you act like a tomboy no one cares for u anyway you're rude I haven't forgotten
    @Morose. Deal with her son. I don't know what she's saying...

Mentioned
    1120 Post(s)
    Quoted
    16477 Post(s)

As random as it gets; a truly random post.

Mentioned
    651 Post(s)
    Quoted
    8031 Post(s)

I understood the post bro, and all you need to know that it is senseless prattle and can therefore be overlooked.

As for the issuance of a warning, that would be useless and only encourage the troubled one to further infringe upon the laws laid out by RAS. Hence, it is better to ignore.

Mentioned
    337 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3516 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Morose View Post
    I understood the post bro, and all you need to know that it is senseless prattle and can therefore be overlooked.

As for the issuance of a warning, that would be useless and only encourage the troubled one to further infringe upon the laws laid out by RAS. Hence, it is better to ignore.
    Thanks for the briefing.

If you were paid, I would give you a raise right now.

As for Link, he's been on the same pay roll for a while now. If you know what I'm saying son.

Mentioned
    651 Post(s)
    Quoted
    8031 Post(s)

Thanks for the briefing.

If you were paid, I would give you a raise right now.

As for Link, he's been on the same pay roll for a while now. If you know what I'm saying son.
    Ahaha

Son, if I could rep you here, I would, if you know what I'm saying.
    Last edited by Morose; 07-04-17 at 09:11 PM.

Mentioned
    337 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3516 Post(s)

Ahaha

Son, if I could rep you here, I would, if you know what I mean?
    Yes son.

Mentioned
    1120 Post(s)
    Quoted
    16477 Post(s)

Ahaha

Son, if I could rep you here, I would, if you know what I mean?
    Son, the official son phrase is "If you know what I am saying", and the son shouldn't express doubt with a question mark either.

Fix that son, fix that.