Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Ads by Muslim Ad Network


Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 41 to 80 of 126
  1. #1
    ---Ali--- علي's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    17,702
    Mentioned
    394 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1713 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    1032

    How this section works.



    Due to the rise in complaints about threads being closed, we're testing out this new section. This is how it works:

    1. Threads that would have otherwise been closed for whatever shortcomings may end up here (this excludes problematic threads which may either stay locked or just removed).

    2. Posting in here does not increase post count, repping is also disabled.

    3. Threads cannot be created in this section, just moved into it.

    4. It is possible that users who don't confine disruptive posting to this section may end up banished wander aimlessly within the confines of this place for a time!

    Regular forum rules still apply in general however. So for instance no bad language and please be nice to each other.

    Jazaakumullahu khair.
    Last edited by علي; 06-04-17 at 08:41 AM.
    والمبادرة إلى التكفير إنما تغلب على طباع من يغلب عليهم الجهل - ابن تيمية رحمه الله - بغية المرتاد

    "Rushing towards takfir is an attitude which is dominant over those who are defeated by ignorance." - Ibn Taymiyyah Rahimahullah [Bughyatul Murtaad, page 354]

  2. #41
    Odan Umm Uthmaan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Gender
    Girl Female
    Posts
    4,889
    Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2550 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    350

    Re: How this section works.


  3. #42
    --- Simply_Logical's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    18,377
    Mentioned
    691 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7580 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    1202

    Re: How this section works.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ya'sin View Post
    this is no different to the lounge

    @Simply_Logical

    I have to agree with what you said last night

    if anything this section seems to be the joke, the trash section, and the members are the laughing stock, it's even more insulting to have your thread be in this secton as useless junk

    so, either this whole thing is scrapped, or we name it something that reflects us- I think it should be our informal section (mod free zone unless required- common sense needed here), the uf portal for registered members, I have a few suggestions only if members want to take it seriously.
    exactly, at least you agree with me sis

  4. #43
    abu sab'a
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    17,459
    Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3300 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    302

    Re: How this section works.

    Quote Originally Posted by Simply_Logical View Post
    exactly, at least you agree with me sis
    ASWRWB akhie

    I agree with you too

    It seems like appeasement to me, and looking at some of the stuff in here better deleted

    Personally think the bigger issue is mods, always has been

  5. #44
    I wonder Ya'sin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Gender
    Girl Unspecified
    Posts
    28,407
    Mentioned
    1272 Post(s)
    Quoted
    9268 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    1265

    Re: How this section works.

    Quote Originally Posted by Simply_Logical View Post
    exactly, at least you agree with me sis
    it's taking the mick it seems, intentional or unintentional- it is what it is

    i'm not a joke, I don't want to be treated like a joke on a muslim forum and I think other members need to think about this, non members will notice this too

    some of us come on here to unwind, to 'chill' away from the formalities of real life (without forgetting we're muslims of course)

    so they either make this a srs section for those that wish to be informal or they replace these threads back to their original homes
    'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

    So, which of the favours of your lord will you deny? ~ Surah Ar Rahman

  6. #45
    --- Simply_Logical's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    18,377
    Mentioned
    691 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7580 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    1202

    Re: How this section works.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ya'sin View Post
    it's taking the mick it seems, intentional or unintentional- it is what it is

    i'm not a joke, I don't want to be treated like a joke on a muslim forum and I think other members need to think about this, non members will notice this too

    some of us come on here to unwind, to 'chill' away from the formalities of real life (without forgetting we're muslims of course)

    so they either make this a srs section for those that wish to be informal or they replace these threads back to their original homes
    hmmmm i dont know what to say sis

  7. #46
    --- Simply_Logical's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    18,377
    Mentioned
    691 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7580 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    1202

    Re: How this section works.

    Quote Originally Posted by nonameakhi View Post
    ASWRWB akhie

    I agree with you too

    It seems like appeasement to me, and looking at some of the stuff in here better deleted

    Personally think the bigger issue is mods, always has been
    hey at least you agree too lol

  8. #47
    Odan Poster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    7,841
    Mentioned
    464 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5590 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    494

    Re: How this section works.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ya'sin View Post
    it's taking the mick it seems, intentional or unintentional- it is what it is

    i'm not a joke, I don't want to be treated like a joke on a muslim forum and I think other members need to think about this, non members will notice this too

    some of us come on here to unwind, to 'chill' away from the formalities of real life (without forgetting we're muslims of course)

    so they either make this a srs section for those that wish to be informal or they replace these threads back to their original homes

    Or they delete all the threads on here, which would have more people complaining. Either way, it's a lose / lose for the mods.

  9. #48
    ---Ali--- علي's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    17,702
    Mentioned
    394 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1713 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    1032

    Re: How this section works.

    We decided to remove the ability to lock threads for users as we felt it was counter productive. It was implemented as an idea, but it has issues, one of which is that it allows users to just monologue in here if they so desired (prior I thought only mods could reply to locked threads myself).

    Plus part of the point is that these are the threads that would have otherwise been locked.
    والمبادرة إلى التكفير إنما تغلب على طباع من يغلب عليهم الجهل - ابن تيمية رحمه الله - بغية المرتاد

    "Rushing towards takfir is an attitude which is dominant over those who are defeated by ignorance." - Ibn Taymiyyah Rahimahullah [Bughyatul Murtaad, page 354]

  10. #49
    اصبر aynina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Gender
    Girl Female
    Posts
    11,276
    Mentioned
    604 Post(s)
    Quoted
    9178 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    602

    Re: How this section works.

    Quote Originally Posted by علي View Post
    We decided to remove the ability to lock threads for users as we felt it was counter productive. It was implemented as an idea, but it has issues, one of which is that it allows users to just monologue in here if they so desired (prior I thought only mods could reply to locked threads myself).

    Plus part of the point is that these are the threads that would have otherwise been locked.
    Loooiol i cant believe someone did that, but why does it bother you
    يَٰٓأَيُّهَا ٱلنَّاسُ ٱعْبُدُوا۟ رَبَّكُمُ ٱلَّذِى خَلَقَكُمْ وَٱلَّذِينَ مِن قَبْلِكُمْ لَعَلَّكُمْ تَتَّقُونَ

    O mankind, worship your Lord, who created you and those before you, that you may become righteous

    Surah Al Baqarah ayah 21

  11. #50
    ---Ali--- علي's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    17,702
    Mentioned
    394 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1713 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    1032

    Re: How this section works.

    Quote Originally Posted by aynina View Post
    Loooiol i cant believe someone did that, but why does it bother you
    No sis no one actually did that. I mean we all had a joke with brother Morose, and it's of course not because of that, it's just that in general we thought about it and said it is better left out. Can't think of a good reason to have it, and it does work against the point of this section, more on that in a bit.
    والمبادرة إلى التكفير إنما تغلب على طباع من يغلب عليهم الجهل - ابن تيمية رحمه الله - بغية المرتاد

    "Rushing towards takfir is an attitude which is dominant over those who are defeated by ignorance." - Ibn Taymiyyah Rahimahullah [Bughyatul Murtaad, page 354]

  12. #51
    اصبر aynina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Gender
    Girl Female
    Posts
    11,276
    Mentioned
    604 Post(s)
    Quoted
    9178 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    602

    Re: How this section works.

    Quote Originally Posted by علي View Post
    No sis no one actually did that. I mean we all had a joke with brother Morose, and it's of course not because of that, it's just that in general we thought about it and said it is better left out. Can't think of a good reason to have it, and it does work against the point of this section, more on that in a bit.
    So you will close the threads if it runs out of hand
    يَٰٓأَيُّهَا ٱلنَّاسُ ٱعْبُدُوا۟ رَبَّكُمُ ٱلَّذِى خَلَقَكُمْ وَٱلَّذِينَ مِن قَبْلِكُمْ لَعَلَّكُمْ تَتَّقُونَ

    O mankind, worship your Lord, who created you and those before you, that you may become righteous

    Surah Al Baqarah ayah 21

  13. #52
    ---Ali--- علي's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    17,702
    Mentioned
    394 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1713 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    1032

    Re: How this section works.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ya'sin View Post
    it's taking the mick it seems, intentional or unintentional- it is what it is

    i'm not a joke, I don't want to be treated like a joke on a muslim forum and I think other members need to think about this, non members will notice this too

    some of us come on here to unwind, to 'chill' away from the formalities of real life (without forgetting we're muslims of course)

    so they either make this a srs section for those that wish to be informal or they replace these threads back to their original homes
    Well you have to consider exactly what the point of this section is. It is where threads that should have otherwise been closed get to end up. That's not a serious section, it's a sort of limbo for topics that were not bad enough to be deleted or closed permanently, but that do not really add much value to the actual forum either. And that's really what this is all about, raising the standards a bit. People who want to chit chat, talk about any whimsical topic ("What shade of red do you like your tea to be? Please include the hex value."), or just pass time... this sort of thing lowers the standard a bit. Instead of intelligent discussion on topics, where seriousness in general is preferred in Islam and especially in a "mixed" environment like this one, people are using the forum as if it's whatsapp and there are simply better mediums for this sort of thing.

    This is the point that Abu 'Abdullaah reiterated so many times before. Topics not adding value to the forum. Maybe "value" to some is the same "value" they get out of playing a video game. Entertainment. But that should not be what comes to mind when we say "An Islamic Forum", it's not a chatroom.

    Not only that, but the OP states that in the future instead of banning people who spam/post disruptively despite being asked many times not to, they may just end up limited to only being able to post in this section. What does that say about this section? If for any reason someone is offended at the idea of having anything to do with this section, they should work on raising the bar when it comes to topic creation and posting.
    والمبادرة إلى التكفير إنما تغلب على طباع من يغلب عليهم الجهل - ابن تيمية رحمه الله - بغية المرتاد

    "Rushing towards takfir is an attitude which is dominant over those who are defeated by ignorance." - Ibn Taymiyyah Rahimahullah [Bughyatul Murtaad, page 354]

  14. #53
    ---Ali--- علي's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    17,702
    Mentioned
    394 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1713 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    1032

    Re: How this section works.

    Quote Originally Posted by aynina View Post
    So you will close the threads if it runs out of hand
    Probably not, but if users are going to start bashing each other or doing stuff they shouldn't, like was stated the normal rules apply. Could result in infractions, getting banned from threads where they cause trouble, etc.
    والمبادرة إلى التكفير إنما تغلب على طباع من يغلب عليهم الجهل - ابن تيمية رحمه الله - بغية المرتاد

    "Rushing towards takfir is an attitude which is dominant over those who are defeated by ignorance." - Ibn Taymiyyah Rahimahullah [Bughyatul Murtaad, page 354]

  15. #54
    اصبر aynina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Gender
    Girl Female
    Posts
    11,276
    Mentioned
    604 Post(s)
    Quoted
    9178 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    602

    Re: How this section works.

    Quote Originally Posted by علي View Post
    Probably not, but if users are going to start bashing each other or doing stuff they shouldn't, like was stated the normal rules apply. Could result in infractions, getting banned from threads where they cause trouble, etc.
    Okay thanks
    يَٰٓأَيُّهَا ٱلنَّاسُ ٱعْبُدُوا۟ رَبَّكُمُ ٱلَّذِى خَلَقَكُمْ وَٱلَّذِينَ مِن قَبْلِكُمْ لَعَلَّكُمْ تَتَّقُونَ

    O mankind, worship your Lord, who created you and those before you, that you may become righteous

    Surah Al Baqarah ayah 21

  16. #55
    Odan Morose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    17,557
    Mentioned
    649 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7996 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    1249

    Re: How this section works.

    Some semblance of mod power we had, it has been taken away :*-(

  17. #56
    😈 Al-Wahhābī 😈 Linkdeutscher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    22,538
    Mentioned
    1119 Post(s)
    Quoted
    16462 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    778

    Re: How this section works.

    Quote Originally Posted by علي View Post
    This is the point that Abu 'Abdullaah reiterated so many times before. Topics not adding value to the forum. Maybe "value" to some is the same "value" they get out of playing a video game. Entertainment. But that should not be what comes to mind when we say "An Islamic Forum", it's not a chatroom.

    .
    So after his massive 'Soapbox' flop, he wants to now turn the Lounge into that?

    Interesting.
    You think you know more than my scholar's qiyās? He was more learned than you and all other scholars combined. Yeah, the devil was the greatest scholar too and look where his qiyās of fire being better than tīn got him. Sorry.

    You follow your scholar's qiyās, and I will follow the Qur'ān and Sunnah.

  18. #57
    ---Ali--- علي's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    17,702
    Mentioned
    394 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1713 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    1032

    Re: How this section works.

    Quote Originally Posted by Linkdeutscher View Post
    So after his massive 'Soapbox' flop, he wants to now turn the Lounge into that?

    Interesting.
    The soapbox was an attempt to facilitate some intelligent discussion as the lounge was constantly flooded with chit chat topics one had to wade through before anything could happen. But once Abu Abdullaah became mod, that's no longer necessary.
    والمبادرة إلى التكفير إنما تغلب على طباع من يغلب عليهم الجهل - ابن تيمية رحمه الله - بغية المرتاد

    "Rushing towards takfir is an attitude which is dominant over those who are defeated by ignorance." - Ibn Taymiyyah Rahimahullah [Bughyatul Murtaad, page 354]

  19. #58
    abu sab'a
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    17,459
    Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3300 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    302

    Re: How this section works.

    Quote Originally Posted by علي View Post
    Well you have to consider exactly what the point of this section is. It is where threads that should have otherwise been closed get to end up. That's not a serious section, it's a sort of limbo for topics that were not bad enough to be deleted or closed permanently, but that do not really add much value to the actual forum either. And that's really what this is all about, raising the standards a bit. People who want to chit chat, talk about any whimsical topic ("What shade of red do you like your tea to be? Please include the hex value."), or just pass time... this sort of thing lowers the standard a bit. Instead of intelligent discussion on topics, where seriousness in general is preferred in Islam and especially in a "mixed" environment like this one, people are using the forum as if it's whatsapp and there are simply better mediums for this sort of thing.

    This is the point that Abu 'Abdullaah reiterated so many times before. Topics not adding value to the forum. Maybe "value" to some is the same "value" they get out of playing a video game. Entertainment. But that should not be what comes to mind when we say "An Islamic Forum", it's not a chatroom.

    Not only that, but the OP states that in the future instead of banning people who spam/post disruptively despite being asked many times not to, they may just end up limited to only being able to post in this section. What does that say about this section? If for any reason someone is offended at the idea of having anything to do with this section, they should work on raising the bar when it comes to topic creation and posting.
    Ok I have always held the belief that the forum is what it is and if you dont like it go elsewhere. Any issues I have had i raised and moved on one way or the other

    But the bold bit, you really believe that? Its been a chitchat room for a long time and the mods are often the instigators imo, not all admittedly and i dont want to go into names but it is what it is

    As for banning and infractions, Now i dont know about others infractions and bannings etc but from my own experiences its often been about not the islamic perspective but disagreement and power trip

    If what you say is correct i can think of a few regular users who do nothing but chit chat etc and are quite popular (probably because they do nothing but chit chat)

  20. #59
    abu sab'a
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    17,459
    Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3300 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    302

    Re: How this section works.

    Quote Originally Posted by علي View Post
    The soapbox was an attempt to facilitate some intelligent discussion as the lounge was constantly flooded with chit chat topics one had to wade through before anything could happen. But once Abu Abdullaah became mod, that's no longer necessary.
    what did he do?

  21. #60
    Kintsukuroi RaNdOm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Gender
    Girl Female
    Posts
    19,131
    Mentioned
    1124 Post(s)
    Quoted
    9764 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    1018

    Re: How this section works.

    Bro we can't all be clever like u ok

    also I seen u chit chat
    ...And he who fears Allah - He will make for him a way out. [65:3]
    "Put your trust in Allah, certainly, Allah loves those who put their trust (in Him)."
    [Al-Imran 3:159]

  22. #61
    abu sab'a
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    17,459
    Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3300 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    302

    Re: How this section works.

    Quote Originally Posted by RaNdOm View Post
    Bro we can't all be clever like u ok

    also I seen u chit chat
    I didnt exclude myself in there

    There are some posters i regularly chit chat with

  23. #62
    Kintsukuroi RaNdOm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Gender
    Girl Female
    Posts
    19,131
    Mentioned
    1124 Post(s)
    Quoted
    9764 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    1018

    Re: How this section works.

    Quote Originally Posted by nonameakhi View Post
    I didnt exclude myself in there

    There are some posters i regularly chit chat with
    ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
    ...And he who fears Allah - He will make for him a way out. [65:3]
    "Put your trust in Allah, certainly, Allah loves those who put their trust (in Him)."
    [Al-Imran 3:159]

  24. #63
    abu sab'a
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    17,459
    Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3300 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    302

    Re: How this section works.

    Quote Originally Posted by RaNdOm View Post
    ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
    hope you are ok

  25. #64
    Kintsukuroi RaNdOm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Gender
    Girl Female
    Posts
    19,131
    Mentioned
    1124 Post(s)
    Quoted
    9764 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    1018

    Re: How this section works.

    Quote Originally Posted by nonameakhi View Post
    hope you are ok
    Lol that was a strangely kind thing for you to say allahumma baarik

    yeh alhamdulillah... I hope you are too
    ...And he who fears Allah - He will make for him a way out. [65:3]
    "Put your trust in Allah, certainly, Allah loves those who put their trust (in Him)."
    [Al-Imran 3:159]

  26. #65
    Odan A.Basheer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    3,951
    Mentioned
    336 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3515 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    224

    Re: How this section works.

    *sigh*

  27. #66
    Kintsukuroi RaNdOm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Gender
    Girl Female
    Posts
    19,131
    Mentioned
    1124 Post(s)
    Quoted
    9764 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    1018

    Re: How this section works.

    Quote Originally Posted by A.Basheer View Post
    *sigh*
    What????

    ok fine u can have some too
    ...And he who fears Allah - He will make for him a way out. [65:3]
    "Put your trust in Allah, certainly, Allah loves those who put their trust (in Him)."
    [Al-Imran 3:159]

  28. #67
    Odan Morose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    17,557
    Mentioned
    649 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7996 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    1249

    Re: How this section works.

    Quote Originally Posted by nonameakhi View Post
    ...and the mods are often the instigators imo... not all admittedly and i dont want to go into names but it is what it is...
    Bro are you mental ?:-(

    The only mods who post are A'A, Pippin, and to an extent 'Ali and Sajid. The others barely post. It's like a thing whereby soon as one becomes Mod he ceases to post for some weird reason. But neither of them instigate chit chat.

    Not sure where you're getting this from ahah. Also if you're going to use 'imo' you must type 'in my opinion' in brackets so that people know what the abbreviation denotes.

  29. #68
    abu sab'a
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    17,459
    Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3300 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    302

    Re: How this section works.

    Quote Originally Posted by Morose View Post
    Bro are you mental ?:-(

    The only mods who post are A'A, Pippin, and to an extent 'Ali and Sajid. The others barely post. It's like a thing whereby soon as one becomes Mod he ceases to post for some weird reason. But neither of them instigate chit chat.

    Not sure where you're getting this from ahah. Also if you're going to use 'imo' you must type 'in my opinion' in brackets so that people know what the abbreviation denotes.
    @sajid posts???

    when did that happen the brother has disappeared man

  30. #69
    **** sajid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    42,147
    Mentioned
    1024 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2087 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    695

    Re: How this section works.

    Quote Originally Posted by nonameakhi View Post
    @sajid posts???

    when did that happen the brother has disappeared man
    Im hurt bro you are not checking my profile often or seeing my last few posts lol

  31. #70
    Odan Morose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    17,557
    Mentioned
    649 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7996 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    1249

    Re: How this section works.

    Quote Originally Posted by علي View Post
    The soapbox was an attempt to facilitate some intelligent discussion as the lounge was constantly flooded with chit chat topics one had to wade through before anything could happen. But once Abu Abdullaah became mod, that's no longer necessary.
    'Ali imo (in my opinion) you created a great forum which you just then ruined "-.-

    I think members should be allowed to create new threads, lock them, and rep in this section wouldn't you agree?

  32. #71
    Odan Morose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    17,557
    Mentioned
    649 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7996 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    1249

    Re: How this section works.

    Quote Originally Posted by nonameakhi View Post
    @sajid posts???

    when did that happen the brother has disappeared man
    He does post but not as much hence I said to an extent. But we do need more Sajid posts

    Question bro, do you think I should be mod?

  33. #72
    abu sab'a
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    17,459
    Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3300 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    302

    Re: How this section works.

    Quote Originally Posted by sajid View Post
    Im hurt bro you are not checking my profile often or seeing my last few posts lol
    No Bro it was like calling you out my brother

    How are things and when are we getting together?

  34. #73
    **** sajid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    42,147
    Mentioned
    1024 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2087 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    695

    Re: How this section works.

    As with anything we trial things here

    If it works and the idea and concept works its fine all good

    If it flops and fails we scrap it learn from it and move on

    things work and become popular and things flops

    If you don't try or don't ask you don't know or don't get

  35. #74
    **** sajid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    42,147
    Mentioned
    1024 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2087 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    695

    Re: How this section works.

    Quote Originally Posted by nonameakhi View Post
    No Bro it was like calling you out my brother

    How are things and when are we getting together?
    lol..i know
    Alhumdulillah all fine inshallah before Ramadhan

  36. #75
    --- Simply_Logical's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    18,377
    Mentioned
    691 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7580 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    1202

    Re: How this section works.

    Quote Originally Posted by sajid View Post
    lol..i know
    Alhumdulillah all fine inshallah before Ramadhan
    you just want some fish and chips lol

  37. #76
    abu sab'a
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    17,459
    Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3300 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    302

    Re: How this section works.

    Quote Originally Posted by sajid View Post
    As with anything we trial things here

    If it works and the idea and concept works its fine all good

    If it flops and fails we scrap it learn from it and move on

    things work and become popular and things flops

    If you don't try or don't ask you don't know or don't get
    Sajid, if its appropriate here, do mods have individual power to close threads etc or is it a process ie couple get together and take if from there?

    I agree trial is the best way to see whats good or bad and for me its nice to just do a shakeup now and again, freshen things up a bit. But not sure if some of it is ''reactionary'' in this instance

    at the end of the day you provide a platform if people dont like it then they have a choice

  38. #77
    abu sab'a
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    17,459
    Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3300 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    302

    Re: How this section works.

    Quote Originally Posted by sajid View Post
    lol..i know
    Alhumdulillah all fine inshallah before Ramadhan
    Sajid do you remember some of the threads I said I was going to make when we were in that dessert place?

    Had I done even 1% this place would have gone BOOM

    can i still do them boss?

  39. #78
    **** sajid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    42,147
    Mentioned
    1024 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2087 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    695

    Re: How this section works.

    Quote Originally Posted by nonameakhi View Post
    Sajid, if its appropriate here, do mods have individual power to close threads etc or is it a process ie couple get together and take if from there?

    I agree trial is the best way to see whats good or bad and for me its nice to just do a shakeup now and again, freshen things up a bit. But not sure if some of it is ''reactionary'' in this instance

    at the end of the day you provide a platform if people dont like it then they have a choice
    No..process..they have individual powers to lock threads upon their discretion.

    Yeh some of it is "Reactionary" the changes as you mentioned in which case this section is kind of reactionary or as a "Alternative" or a "Possible" Solution...this new section came as a result of locking the threads..it was the idea of Pippin, AA and Ali

    Of course unless you guys have better suggestions we are all ears!

  40. #79
    abu sab'a
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    17,459
    Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3300 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    302

    Re: How this section works.

    Quote Originally Posted by Simply_Logical View Post
    you just want some fish and chips lol
    Lobster if you please
    @sajid not sure we can take this brother with us to a swanky place in London bro

    can see it now us in tuxedos and Simply says ''can i have some ketchup'' for this fish


  41. #80
    Odan A.Basheer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    3,951
    Mentioned
    336 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3515 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    224

    Re: How this section works.

    Quote Originally Posted by RaNdOm View Post
    What????

    ok fine u can have some too
    I think soon we have to take some 'extra measures' to curb the conversation between the genders.

 

 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT. The time now is 03:04 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.2
Copyright © 2017 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.2.7 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Skin By: PurevB.com

MPADC.com Islamic Web Hosting | Muslim Ad Network | Islamic Nasheeds | Islamic Mobile App Developement Android & iPhone | Islamic Web Hosting : Muslim Designers : Labbayk Nasheeds : silk route jilbab: Hijab: : Web Islamic Newsletter: Islamic Web Hosting

Students of Arabic Forum | Hijab Shop