Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Fiqh Class: I`laa Us Sunan, Starting (TONIGHT) Tuesday 19th September @ 8:00PM UK Time (9:00PM South African Time) skype: ummahradio Show Details here

Listen Online:www.ummahradio.com
DOWNLOAD THE APP

Ads by Muslim Ad Network

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Faking it

Unregistered000000
    Guests

Faking it

I feel so tired of the constant need to live up to this image I don't want. I honestly need help I feel trapped. I hope this doesn't come of as having a massive ego and I hope I explain it the best I can but why can't I shake the attention from guys. Whenever I go out I know of guys watching me and following me, because of this I'm constantly careful of the way I am. I dress modest, no make up. I wish I was invisible. Maybe this happens to many guys and girls. I have to fake who I am, not make mistakes, be out of character, do anything embarrassing because of them. How can I be this sick to live up a facade of this perfect person to strangers. I noticed that when I went on holiday I never worried about what others thought and definitely not wanting to be perfect in front of men. I want this carefree me everyday. It's so difficult to explain. Wearing a niqaab would make sense for no guy to know who I was but I don't have that courage.

Odan
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quoted
    479 Post(s)

Re: Faking it

well all those-non muslim women that behave like that are so shallow. you know the ones that I am taking about. constantly stroking their hair, trying to get mens attention LOL.

those dummies are only valued for their looks. lets not be on the same level as them
    Know that the life of this world is but amusement and diversion and adornment and boasting to one another and competition in increase of wealth and children...

-Quran (57:20)

Account Disabled

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    20 Post(s)

Salaam sis! Firstly sorry ya feeeling like this! And what I wanted to say was niqaab is HREAT!! One of the best things I ever done. It felt a little fake to begin with but now Alhamdulillah I love it. Wallahi if your doing it for the right reasons Allah SWT will making wear niqaab easy for you

Mentioned
    576 Post(s)
    Quoted
    8571 Post(s)

Sis maybe you should wear niqab
    يَٰٓأَيُّهَا ٱلنَّاسُ ٱعْبُدُوا۟ رَبَّكُمُ ٱلَّذِى خَلَقَكُمْ وَٱلَّذِينَ مِن قَبْلِكُمْ لَعَلَّكُمْ تَتَّقُونَ

O mankind, worship your Lord, who created you and those before you, that you may become righteous

Surah Al Baqarah ayah 21

Mentioned
    1247 Post(s)
    Quoted
    8748 Post(s)

The Islamic advice is to recite adhkhar before you leave the house to protect yourself.

Secondly, if it's not necessary to go out, don't leave your house.

Thirdly, be comfortable and be who you are within the limits that has been set for women.

Fourthly

wait, I will get there in the end

It could be anything, it could be your body sometimes, even with full coverage it's quite obvious what your body shape could be. Be warned, some perverts are always curious about the bust line, the b**t line and bloody heck.

Sorry kids, had to say it how it is because that is how they talk too, we all need to be aware of these disgusting things if we are exposed to men. Seriously, you are nothing but meat to them. Please understand this.

Anyway, I know you said you don't have the courage to wear the niqab, but talk to women who wear the niqab to inspire you, look around the forum as there are many threads on here that could encourage you.

For the record, I don't wear niqab. If you want to wear it and you haven't tried it, how can you be so sure how it would feel? You might even feel invincible. lol

Get back to us.
    'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

So, which of the favours of your lord will you deny? ~ Surah Ar Rahman

Unregistered000000
    Guests

Thank you for the responses, I definitely agree that in the most subtle way that it could be due to the last reason you stated especially growing up even at a young age and getting harassed to the point of actual unwanted contact and verbal comments. I hope this doesn't come of as crude. Since I have dressed more modest and come to realize what hijab is and not what culture shows it to be, I think I expected to not be seen anymore. My university environment is highly open so I know it's more my responsibility to continue maintaining correct hijab and improve not falling into wearing modest full coverage clothes that are somewhat still mainstream.