Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Ads by Muslim Ad Network

GenN
    Guests

The best dua for forgiveness

Can you please tell me the best dua for asking for forgiveness?
    Answered by Sidi Faraz Rabbani

Can you please tell me the best dua for asking for forgiveness?

Walaikum assalam wa rahmatullah,

Shaddad ibn Aws (Allah be pleased with him) relates that the Prophet (Allah bless him and give him peace) said,

“The best of forgiveness (sayyid al-istighfar) is to say, http://www.sunnipath.com/resources/Q...s/mp3-play.gif

اللَّهُمَّ أَنْتَ رَبِّي لا إِلَهَ إِلا أَنْتَ خَلَقْتَنِي وَأَنَا عَبْدُكَ وَأَنَا عَلَى عَهْدِكَ وَوَعْدِكَ مَا اسْتَطَعْتُ أَعُوذُ بِكَ مِنْ شَرِّ مَا صَنَعْتُ أَبُوءُ لَكَ بِنِعْمَتِكَ عَلَيَّ وَأَبُوءُ لَكَ بِذَنْبِي فَاغْفِرْ لِي فَإِنَّهُ لا يَغْفِرُ الذُّنُوبَ إِلا أَنْتَ

‘O Allah! You are my Lord. There is no god but. You created me and I am Your slave. I am on Your covenant and promise as much as I am able. I seek refuge in you from the wrongs I have done. I admit to You all the blessings You have bestowed upon me, and I admit to You my sins. So forgive me, for none forgives sins but You.’ ”

The Prophet (Allah bless him and give him peace) then said,

“Whoever says it during the day, with conviction, and then dies that day before night falls will be of the people of Paradise. And whoever says it at night, with conviction, and then dies before day break will be of the people of Paradise.” [Bukhari (6306), Tirmidhi (3393), Nasa’i (5522), and Ahmad (16662)]

Imam Badr al-Din al-`Ayni (762 AH – 855 AH) explains in his commentary on Sahih al-Bukhari, Umdat al-Qari (22.278, Beirut, Dar Ihya al-Turath) that this is the best of supplications of forgiveness, for the sayyid (master) is the one who is sought in need and able to fulfil the needs. The Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) used this particular expression (literally, ‘the master of supplications’) to indicate that this is the best of supplications for those in need, and which will fulfil the need—sincere seeking of forgiveness.

With this, the best of supplication is heart-felt beseeching from Allah.

And Allah alone gives success.

[recording of dua attached]

Wassalam,

Faraz Rabbani
    www.sunnipath.com

Account Disabled
    Anyone got an english transliteration of this Dwa?

I can do it for you. But I think Sis Anna wil be able to do it better inshaAllah.

be benificial for everyone.
    "The objective behind Shari'ah is to liberate individuals from his desires in order to be a true Abd (slave) of Allah and that is the legitimate Maslaha... Violating the Shari'ah under the pretext of following Maqasid al-Shari'ah is like the one who cares about the spirit without the body and since the body without the spirit is useless therefore the spirit without the body is useless too." ~ Imam Shatibi - The greatest intellectual founder of Maqasid al-Shari'ah

Account Disabled
    Quote Originally Posted by Salman Al-Farsi
    I can do it for you. But I think Sis Anna wil be able to do it better inshaAllah.

be benificial for everyone.
    Yep a very important dwa especially for this month.

Quote Originally Posted by AbdulMajid
    Anyone got an english transliteration of this Dwa?
    Allahumma anta rabbee, laa ilaaha illa anta, khaluqtanee wa ana a3bduk, wa ana a3la a3hdika wa wa3dika mastaTa3tu, a3udhu bika min shar'ree ma Suna3tu, aboo'u laka bini3matika a3layya, wa aboo'u laka bidhanbee faghfirlee, fa'innahu laa yaghfiru aldhunoobu illa ant.
    Please Re-update your Signature

Quote Originally Posted by Ayah
    Allahumma anta rabbee, laa ilaaha illa anta, khaluqtanee wa ana a3bduk, wa ana a3la a3hdika wa wa3dika mastaTa3tu, a3udhu bika min shar'ree ma Suna3tu, aboo'u laka bini3matika a3layya, wa aboo'u laka bidhanbee faghfirlee, fa'innahu laa yaghfiru aldhunoobu illa ant.

-Rashid

Account Disabled
    JazakAllah khair very much sis!

wa iyyakum

nice find bro abdulmajid, you always pop up good oldd threads