Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quoted
    89 Post(s)

Sorry for my absence

It has been a long time since I have been able to post, maybe 6 months? Once my family realised that my reverting was not just a phase they made things very difficult for me and tried to isolate me even more than I already was. I was not permitted to leave the house or use the internet. It is still very hard for me and even now they do not accept me for who I am. Sorry I have not been able to post

Mentioned
    273 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3807 Post(s)

Re: Sorry for my absence

Quote Originally Posted by SaraVR View Post
    There was a lot of pressure put on me around Christmas time and that particularly hard. It is difficult but as someone pointed out earlier in this thread, there are other muslims suffering a lot more than me because of their choices so I can't let this get to me. I will need to think a lot about moving away. There are many things to consider so it won't be a decision I make lightly. I don't see them a lot. They are usually just families I see around town and they are polite when I say hello but I'm a stranger to them. There is a young man around town who is a muslim and he's a nice person but I think he is just a cultural muslim as you called it
    As he's a man it really is better to stay well clear as revert, until you've learnt the basics and settled into the deen. I am sure you've been around this forum long enough to know some Muslim brothers behave less than ideally towards revert sisters.
    FOLLOW THE NEW BLOG - GINGERBEARDMAN - Muslim, father, husband, writer, defender of ginger rights!

www.facebook.com/outreach4Islam - Outreach4Islam have been working together in Leicester, calling the not yet Muslims to Islam since 2006.

islamreligion.com eesa the kiwi's Avatar
    Mentioned
    448 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3627 Post(s)

:

Hope everything is well @SaraVR
    It may not be easy, you may not understand it, but you need to have the Imaan to trust Allah when life doesn't make sense.
    "Whoever intends eternal happiness, then let him hold tight to the threshold of servitude.” ibn Taymiyyah.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quoted
    89 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gingerbeardman View Post
    As he's a man it really is better to stay well clear as revert, until you've learnt the basics and settled into the deen. I am sure you've been around this forum long enough to know some Muslim brothers behave less than ideally towards revert sisters.
    I am avoiding this man It is tough being a Muslim in Ireland
    Quote Originally Posted by eesa the kiwi View Post
    :

Hope everything is well @SaraVR
    Thank Eesa, since my behaviour towards my parents changed the atmosphere around the house has gotten a little better so I am thankful for this

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quoted
    89 Post(s)

I am avoiding this man It is tough being a Muslim in Ireland

Thank Eesa, since my behaviour towards my parents changed the atmosphere around the house has gotten a little better so I am thankful for this
    Just an update on this. Things have improved gradually and now my my parents are allowing to move to Sarajevo for 6 months with Bosnian friend. My mother thinks living in semi-Islamic country will open my eyes to evils of Islam so she has allowed me to go. I'm just glad I'm allowed relocate!!!

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quoted
    305 Post(s)

salaams to all

May Allah ta'ala make everything easy for u
    pls remember us in your duaahs.

which part of SA are u originally from?
    im from Durban

And Allah ta'ala knows best
    jazakallah
    Sufyaan Thawri "Whoever is very popular with his relations and neighbours, we suspect him to be compromising in preaching the true teachings of religion."
    very good site for English bayaans in MP3 format-check it out- u wont be disappointed: http://www.musjidnoor.za.net/index.html & http://alhaadi.org.za/majlis-program...downloads.html

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    8 Post(s)

Just an update on this. Things have improved gradually and now my my parents are allowing to move to Sarajevo for 6 months with Bosnian friend. My mother thinks living in semi-Islamic country will open my eyes to evils of Islam so she has allowed me to go. I'm just glad I'm allowed relocate!!!

Wish you all the best sister. I am a revert too but fortunately my family is supportive. Hope your staying in Sarajevo is going well.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    18 Post(s)

I never thought of that. I guess I am being selfish by just focusing on my own situation and not thinking about others. I hindsight my own situation is not that bad afterall, I haven't been harmed physically.

I haven't thought about all the practical things you mentioned,you have given me a lot to think about brother.
    Assalamualaykum Wr. Wb.
    Yes merried is the best answer to solve your problem sis. FInd a good muslim and get married.
    May Allah grant you the best Muslim as your husband Amin YRA>