Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Fiqh Class: I`laa Us Sunan, Starting (TONIGHT) Tuesday 19th September @ 8:00PM UK Time (9:00PM South African Time) skype: ummahradio Show Details here

Listen Online:www.ummahradio.com
DOWNLOAD THE APP

Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Muslim
    Mentioned
    116 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1559 Post(s)

A Practical Solution To The Current Dilemma

Hope you are all doing well. I have a suggestion to the Forum Moderators which will help your current situation at hand inshallah.

Why do you not implement a Brothers only / Sisters only section in the forum? There is really nothing wrong with such a thing , many other religious forums have these sections. It prevents unnecessary topics in the other sections, and most importantly helps with the free mixing. Also many topics which people are shy to speak on due to it enticing the opposite gender can be spoken more freely there and not in sight of non mahrams.

You may say that you already have these sections...

I can't conveniently access them. I don't even know where they are. It should be under the lounge so people can choose it over the lounge and express themselves within that section.

Also you may say , as I have heard in the past - 'due to privacy issues we need to verify users' and that may be a hassle....

Says who ? https://islamqa.info/en/102418

"If a man tricks the participants in the forum and enters as if he is a woman (or vice versa), then the sin of that lie is borne by him alone. There is no sin on you, in sha Allaah, so long as you have announced clearly that it is not allowed for women to take part in the men’s forums or for men to take part in the women’s forums."

The rules of the forum are not the shariah of Allah. You can change them , and implement a new system. The above quote is from a reputable aalim, so the forum rules could be set aside for what is better.

Finally , I believe there are too many users irritated. I'm sure you don't want them to leave the forum. May Allah bless you all - facilitate what is halal for us insha'Allah , then close /delete what exceeds the limits outside of those specific sections.

Just a suggestion ,
    Last edited by AmantuBillahi; 20-03-17 at 04:39 PM.

SUFI HANAFI
    Mentioned
    472 Post(s)
    Quoted
    8550 Post(s)

Re: A Practical Solution To The Current Dilemma

Forum Rules and Regulations:

Quote Originally Posted by Chained_Water View Post

Requirements for Private user group access

1. Minimal 1000 posts , at least 6 months active on the forum

2. For Brothers/ Sister, must be confirmed by other member of respective user group, via skype chat with a mod from the group, or picture of the user with their profile page visible.

3. To request access to a private forum (Muslim, Brothers or Sisters), please create a new thread in the relevant forum, which can be found here. Do not PM Administrators or Moderators for access; simply create a thread when you have met the requirements and wait for a response.

Brothers' Forum Access:

Quote Originally Posted by seven View Post
    For brothers to gain access to the private brothers forum, you must meet one of these criteria:

- To have met one of the mods in real life
    - To be known (in real life) to an existing member of the brothers/sisters forum who can vouch for you (e.g spouse, relative, friend, colleague)
    - minimum of 500 posts AND video chat interview with one of the mods or other security measures to determine that you really are a) male and b) who you say you are.

Moderators may use their discretion to approve or deny access. Note that access to private forums is a privelage based on trust, not a right.

Please apply from > Settings > Permission Groups

Muslim
    Mentioned
    116 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1559 Post(s)

Already rebutted that in the OP

Quote Originally Posted by AmantuBillahi View Post
    Also you may say , as I have heard in the past - 'due to privacy issues we need to verify users' and that may be a hassle....

Says who ? https://islamqa.info/en/102418

"If a man tricks the participants in the forum and enters as if he is a woman (or vice versa), then the sin of that lie is borne by him alone. There is no sin on you, in sha Allaah, so long as you have announced clearly that it is not allowed for women to take part in the men’s forums or for men to take part in the women’s forums."

The rules of the forum are not the shariah of Allah. You can change them , and implement a new system. The above quote is from a reputable aalim, so the forum rules could be set aside for what is better.
    Are you saying the forum rules are infallible and unchangeable? Perhaps for you , because you may not have much authority
    @sajid

Muslim
    Mentioned
    116 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1559 Post(s)

I mean personally I don't really even care. I am suggesting this on the behalf of those who are irritated by their threads being closed.

Brother / sister sections are the obvious solution. Eliminate banter and idle talk between the genders and facilitate for those who want to speak on general topics freely.

This is a good solution in my estimation.

Wa Allahu alaam
    Last edited by AmantuBillahi; 20-03-17 at 06:18 PM.

Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2249 Post(s)

Do you ever stop complaining?
    Believe none of what you hear, and only half of what you see.

Mentioned
    999 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2013 Post(s)

Already rebutted that in the OP

Are you saying the forum rules are infallible and unchangeable? Perhaps for you , because you may not have much authority
    @sajid
    Yes
    appreciate you posting the quote about someone decieving others, however we also have a duty of care from our side as well ensuring safeguarding measures are in place for the users so whilst what you say is true there is also responsibility from our side as well because if something slips through which it has in the past then we will end up being responsible for things that may occur.

Muslim
    Mentioned
    116 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1559 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by InTheBegining View Post
    Suggesting something for the benefit of others is complaining?

Muslim
    Mentioned
    116 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1559 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sajid View Post
    Yes
    appreciate you posting the quote about someone decieving others, however we also have a duty of care from our side as well ensuring safeguarding measures are in place for the users so whilst what you say is true there is also responsibility from our side as well because if something slips through which it has in the past then we will end up being responsible for things that may occur.
    Ok .

Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6305 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abu 'Abdullaah View Post
    Forum Rules and Regulations:

Brothers' Forum Access:
    What do you mean by creating a new thread in the relevant forum, to gain access to the group? Like if I'm not part of the sisters group, I can't create a thread on that. Or did you just mean click 'Join group', and then await a response?
    And with Him are the keys of the Ghayb (all that is hidden), none knows them but He. And He knows whatever there is in the land and in the sea; not a leaf falls, but He knows it. There is not a grain in the darkness of the earth nor anything fresh or dry, but is written in a Clear Record”
    [al-An’aam 6:59]

Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2249 Post(s)

Suggesting something for the benefit of others is complaining?
    You've made it a day job now. Looking at your threads ours all "please this please that" "why this why that" etc. Just chill. Use the forum and leave.

Muslim
    Mentioned
    116 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1559 Post(s)

You've made it a day job now. Looking at your threads ours all "please this please that" "why this why that" etc. Just chill. Use the forum and leave.
    Will do akhi.

Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2249 Post(s)

Will do akhi.
    don't take this place so serious.

Muslim
    Mentioned
    116 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1559 Post(s)

don't take this place so serious.
    I like to take everything serious.

The things I am not doing , those things I do not take serious.

By the way you said I have taken this as a day job. Perhaps in this section of the forum yes. This is where public complaints are done. You can view my past threads / previous posts - I don't just complain. But ok

Thanks for the naseeha, I am able to take what ever assumed good you may have intended.

Please do look at my past threads / posts. Surely one of us is in error.

Last edited by AmantuBillahi; 20-03-17 at 10:36 PM.

SUFI HANAFI
    Mentioned
    472 Post(s)
    Quoted
    8550 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Creamcake View Post
    What do you mean by creating a new thread in the relevant forum, to gain access to the group? Like if I'm not part of the sisters group, I can't create a thread on that. Or did you just mean click 'Join group', and then await a response?
    I didn't make those posts, just quoting what's already there.

Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6305 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abu 'Abdullaah View Post
    I didn't make those posts, just quoting what's already there.
    your a mod so what do we do.. I applied for access like over a year ago and reapplied just now. it's fine if the mods don't want me as part of the sisters section but at least tell me, so I don't keep applying.. it said not to message mods about it, so I'm guessing it's normal to wait over a year to hear about access etc.. I doubt it.
    And with Him are the keys of the Ghayb (all that is hidden), none knows them but He. And He knows whatever there is in the land and in the sea; not a leaf falls, but He knows it. There is not a grain in the darkness of the earth nor anything fresh or dry, but is written in a Clear Record”
    [al-An’aam 6:59]

SUFI HANAFI
    Mentioned
    472 Post(s)
    Quoted
    8550 Post(s)

your a mod so what do we do.. I applied for access like over a year ago and reapplied just now. it's fine if the mods don't want me as part of the sisters section but at least tell me, so I don't keep applying.. it said not to message mods about it, so I'm guessing it's normal to wait over a year to hear about access etc.. I doubt it.
    I have nothing to do with the sisters' section so it's pointless complaining to me...

Mentioned
    1247 Post(s)
    Quoted
    8748 Post(s)

pm meriadoc

she's the one that deals with it (the last time I checked) if not then they ought to have another female mod to sort it out

it's voice verification/quick chat or something like that
    'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

So, which of the favours of your lord will you deny? ~ Surah Ar Rahman

Mentioned
    1094 Post(s)
    Quoted
    9356 Post(s)

Never confuse movement with action
    ...And he who fears Allah - He will make for him a way out. [65:3]
    "Put your trust in Allah, certainly, Allah loves those who put their trust (in Him)."
    [Al-Imran 3:159]

Muslim
    Mentioned
    116 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1559 Post(s)

lol. I just came on the site without logging in which has enabled me to see avatars. You have saddam hussain as your avatar.. You know that's corny, right?

Not everyone creates threads as aimlessly as you do.

http://www.ummah.com/forum/search.ph...22&pp=&page=20

You have 20 pages worth of created threads... 20 pages bro..... 20 pages !! Facepalm

Don't compare me to you. I have almost 1.7k posts, and less then 2 pages worth of threads - which means I am replying more than I am creating.

I make what I feel at the time are necessary threads, not frivolous time-wasters.
    Last edited by AmantuBillahi; 21-03-17 at 02:09 AM.

Mentioned
    386 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1645 Post(s)

I mean personally I don't really even care. I am suggesting this on the behalf of those who are irritated by their threads being closed.

Brother / sister sections are the obvious solution. Eliminate banter and idle talk between the genders and facilitate for those who want to speak on general topics freely.

This is a good solution in my estimation.

Wa Allahu alaam
    thank you for your concern but others can speak for themselves, they don't need a spokesman