Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

Devotion to Muhammad (PBUH)

I am trying to understand Islam and specifically the Muslim view of devotion to Muhammad (PBUH). Could you please explain to me your devotion to Muhammad (PBUH) and what that means to you?

B

Odan
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quoted
    562 Post(s)

Re: Devotion to Muhammad (PBUH)

We believe in Muhammad SAW as the final messanger of God.
    He came with the same Message as 124000 messangers before including Jesus PBUH to worship one God Alone.

Muhammad SAW also brought us a way of life other than which there simply isnt any success with in the world; grave or hereafter.

This way of life covers all facets of life.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

How would you describe this way of life that Muhammad (PBUH) brought to the world?

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1158 Post(s)

The Prophet Muhammad is the last and final prophet and messenger sent from the God of Abraham, Allah AWJ. THE Holy Quran authenticates the office and mission of Muhammad .

The mission of the Prophet was to carry the message of Islam to mankind as Islam. Islam is a way of life that is natural, in harmony with human nature, both individual nature and societal nature. It is also in harmony and synchronicity with the natural world and establishes mankind in its proper place with humankind, the natural world of animals and plants, and with the wider universe of planets, moons, stars.

For the believer, Muhammad the Prophet is closer and dearer to us than our own children, families, even our own selves.

For the believer, devotion, love, importance of him exceeds what one feels for oneself.

Today, kings, emperors, generals, presidents are nothing before the Prophet .
    Allahumma, aranee al haqqu haqqan wa arzuqnee itiba`ahu, wa aranee al baatilu baatilaan wa arzuqnee ijtinaabahu.Oh Allah! show us the truth as true, and inspire us to follow it. Show us falsehood as falsehood, and inspire us to abstain from it.
    " Do you know what destroys Islam? A mistake made by a scholar, the argument of a hypocrite in writing and the ruling of leaders who wish for people to stray

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abu Kamel View Post
    The Prophet Muhammad is the last and final prophet and messenger sent from the God of Abraham, Allah AWJ. THE Holy Quran authenticates the office and mission of Muhammad .

The mission of the Prophet was to carry the message of Islam to mankind as Islam. Islam is a way of life that is natural, in harmony with human nature, both individual nature and societal nature. It is also in harmony and synchronicity with the natural world and establishes mankind in its proper place with humankind, the natural world of animals and plants, and with the wider universe of planets, moons, stars.

For the believer, Muhammad the Prophet is closer and dearer to us than our own children, families, even our own selves.

For the believer, devotion, love, importance of him exceeds what one feels for oneself.

Today, kings, emperors, generals, presidents are nothing before the Prophet .
    Thank you Abu Kamel for your help in this.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quoted
    615 Post(s)

Devotion to Prophet means /implies following his words (command) and sunnah (the way of life he showed to us) and loving him more than ourselves or our children or even parents.
    Last edited by talibilm09; 21-03-17 at 11:27 AM.
    My sect - No Sect

My Aqeedah - http://legacy.quran.com/112 ( The Aqeedah of Sahabas)

Just a Muslim

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by talibilm09 View Post
    Devotion to Prophet means /implies following his words (command) and sunnah (the way of life he showed to us) and loving him more than ourselves or our children or even parents.
    Thank you for your clarification. This is helpful to me.
    Is Muhammad considered a "Perfect Man" in Islam?

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quoted
    615 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Seekeroftruth17 View Post
    Thank you for your clarification. This is helpful to me.
    Is Muhammad considered a "Perfect Man" in Islam?
    Allah describes Prophet Muhammad in the Noble Quran as the best of the examples
    to the Mankind.
    My sect - No Sect

Just a Muslim

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by talibilm09 View Post
    Allah describes Prophet Muhammad in the Noble Quran as the best of the examples
    to the Mankind.
    This is good. Thank you for your patience. I appreciate it as I am just learning about Islam. There is much devotion and honor given to Muhammad (PBUH). How do Muslims view Allah and Muhammad? How is their devotion to them different?

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quoted
    615 Post(s)

This is good. Thank you for your patience. I appreciate it as I am just learning about Islam. There is much devotion and honor given to Muhammad (PBUH). How do Muslims view Allah and Muhammad? How is their devotion to them different?
    Allah is the giver of our Beloved Prophet and made him a most kind Prophet ,So how much beloved should Allah be to us !!

Allah is our Creator and Creator of all that exists and who made us the Boss over creatures which are much powerful than us and designed us and every body part of us and , And fed us even in the womb even when our mother could not feed us. he loves us 70 times more than our own mother said a hadith, So All our Worship is to Allah alone who is the one to be feared the most. But his Mercy supersedes his Anger & he is the most forgiving.

https://www.islamicboard.com/manners...allah-swt.html

Muslim :: Book 37 : Hadith 6617
    Al-Bara' b. 'Azib reported Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying that Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) said: What is your opinion about the delight of a person whose camel loaded with the provisions of food and drink is lost and that moves about with its nosestring trailing upon the waterless desert in which there is neither food nor drink, and lie wanders about in search of that until he is completely exhausted and then accidentally it happens to pass by the trunk of a tree and its nosestring gets entangled in that and he finds it entangled therein? He (in response to the question of the Holy Prophet) said: Allah's Messenger, he would feel highly delighted. Thereupon Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) said. By Allah, Allah is more delighted at the repentance of His servant than that person (as he finds his lost) camel.
    Last edited by talibilm09; 21-03-17 at 02:38 PM.
    My sect - No Sect

Just a Muslim

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quoted
    615 Post(s)

Kindly give a good read here to know How Allah is the most deserved to be Loved the Most in my post # 21 here

https://www.islamicboard.com/manners...lah-swt-2.html
    My sect - No Sect

Just a Muslim

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

Hi talibilm09
    This is a good read and helps explain things better. I saw that one has strength to love Allah and stay away from evil sins by associating with good company? What does this mean? Is Muhammad (PBUH) an example of good company? Please help me understand.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quoted
    615 Post(s)

Hi talibilm09
    This is a good read and helps explain things better. I saw that one has strength to love Allah and stay away from evil sins by associating with good company? What does this mean? Is Muhammad (PBUH) an example of good company? Please help me understand.

I had said about the Noble Quran verse 33:21 (best of the examples)

''Ye have indeed in the Messenger of Allah a beautiful pattern (of conduct) for any one whose hope is in Allah and the Final Day, and who engages much in the Praise of Allah.''

If anyone has emphasized about good company and thats right too. Islam stresses that too to be in company of righteous and leave the bad ones immediately ONCE they indulge in sins by actions or by talk like back biting or mocking signs of Allah.

Further talking about company A righteous believer will be given in Paradise the company of the one he loved the most in this world . Even our Prophet :saws2; voted his choice at his last Moments in the lap of Aysha , The mother of believers.

You are welcome to ask any questions with the intent of learning Islam and we all here are obliged to help you WITH pleasure , if we know the answer, Inshallah.
    Last edited by talibilm09; 22-03-17 at 04:07 AM.
    My sect - No Sect

Just a Muslim