Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Ads by Muslim Ad Network


Results 1 to 29 of 29
  1. #1
    SUFI HANAFI
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    42,180
    Mentioned
    499 Post(s)
    Quoted
    8563 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    795

    Exclamation Rules and Guidelines

    A few rules and guidelines for this section.

    1. All threads are moderated to help protect users from scammers and fraudsters.

    2. Fundraisers must be done via registered/established charities. Justgiving/Gofundme links are allowed.

    3. Raising funds for personal use is not allowed. If you need financial assistance, please don't ask here as the your thread/post will not be approved (and may result in a ban).

  2. #2

    Account Disabled

    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Gender
    Girl Unspecified
    Posts
    590
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quoted
    229 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Rules and Guidelines

    There are online fundraisers going on for Syria & Yemen civilians,on social medias. Can we post their links ?Authentic ones!

  3. #3
    SUFI HANAFI
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    42,180
    Mentioned
    499 Post(s)
    Quoted
    8563 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    795

    Re: Rules and Guidelines

    Quote Originally Posted by RedBirdie View Post
    There are online fundraisers going on for Syria & Yemen civilians,on social medias. Can we post their links ?Authentic ones!
    As long as they meet the criteria. The link must be directly to the charity/fundraising page, not to a social media page.

  4. #4

    Account Disabled

    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Gender
    Girl Unspecified
    Posts
    590
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quoted
    229 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Rules and Guidelines

    Quote Originally Posted by Abu 'Abdullaah View Post
    As long as they meet the criteria. The link must be directly to the charity/fundraising page, not to a social media page.
    Ofcourse.

    Like Muslimcharity.com etc

  5. #5
    Member humbleservant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    58
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    44

    Re: Rules and Guidelines

    can you please check this link http://addawwamahschool.blogspot.com is eligible to raise fund here? This is a private muslim school in Malaysia where the poor, needy and orphan are studying there. Let me know the result asap. Tq.

  6. #6
    SUFI HANAFI
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    42,180
    Mentioned
    499 Post(s)
    Quoted
    8563 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    795

    Re: Rules and Guidelines

    Quote Originally Posted by humbleservant View Post
    can you please check this link http://addawwamahschool.blogspot.com is eligible to raise fund here? This is a private muslim school in Malaysia where the poor, needy and orphan are studying there. Let me know the result asap. Tq.
    Not suitable for this particular section.

  7. #7
    Member humbleservant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    58
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    44

    Re: Rules and Guidelines

    I see ok thanks for the explanation. Where is the best place to raise such fund then? Any idea?

  8. #8
    SUFI HANAFI
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    42,180
    Mentioned
    499 Post(s)
    Quoted
    8563 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    795

    Re: Rules and Guidelines

    Quote Originally Posted by humbleservant View Post
    I see ok thanks for the explanation. Where is the best place to raise such fund then? Any idea?
    Try the The Lounge.

  9. #9
    abu sab'a
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    17,459
    Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3300 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    302

    Re: Rules and Guidelines

    Quote Originally Posted by Abu 'Abdullaah View Post
    A few rules and guidelines for this section.

    1. All threads are moderated to help protect users from scammers and fraudsters.

    2. Fundraisers must be done via registered/established charities. Justgiving/Gofundme links are allowed.

    3. Raising funds for personal use is not allowed. If you need financial assistance, please don't ask here as the your thread/post will not be approved (and may result in a ban).
    Are they even halal?

    They take a percentage of the money donated.

  10. #10
    SUFI HANAFI
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    42,180
    Mentioned
    499 Post(s)
    Quoted
    8563 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    795

    Re: Rules and Guidelines

    Quote Originally Posted by nonameakhi View Post
    Are they even halal?

    They take a percentage of the money donated.
    Isn't that allowed?

  11. #11
    abu sab'a
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    17,459
    Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3300 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    302

    Re: Rules and Guidelines

    Quote Originally Posted by Abu 'Abdullaah View Post
    Isn't that allowed?
    No its haraam, big time

    This is why UWT are seen as the best around.

    When money is donated it has to go 100% to the intended

    Those kind of organisations are run by kufaar and its to make money (google how much they made from that PC Palmer fund 100s of thousands)

    We had a discussion here before on the subject where I gave evidences but cant recall the name of the thread

  12. #12
    SUFI HANAFI
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    42,180
    Mentioned
    499 Post(s)
    Quoted
    8563 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    795

    Re: Rules and Guidelines

    Quote Originally Posted by nonameakhi View Post
    No its haraam, big time

    This is why UWT are seen as the best around.

    When money is donated it has to go 100% to the intended

    Those kind of organisations are run by kufaar and its to make money (google how much they made from that PC Palmer fund 100s of thousands)

    We had a discussion here before on the subject where I gave evidences but cant recall the name of the thread
    They are not charities themselves. They take care of the admin for which they take a fee.

  13. #13
    abu sab'a
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    17,459
    Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3300 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    302

    Re: Rules and Guidelines

    Quote Originally Posted by Abu 'Abdullaah View Post
    They are not charities themselves. They take care of the admin for which they take a fee.
    yes, this is how all charities ''sell it'' too. ''its admin costs'' but this is haram for both

    if an organisation takes a percentage for itself we as muslim cant use it

  14. #14
    SUFI HANAFI
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    42,180
    Mentioned
    499 Post(s)
    Quoted
    8563 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    795

    Re: Rules and Guidelines

    Quote Originally Posted by nonameakhi View Post
    yes, this is how all charities ''sell it'' too. ''its admin costs'' but this is haram for both

    if an organisation takes a percentage for itself we as muslim cant use it
    They are not charities. Ummah Welfare Trust are registered with Justgiving.

  15. #15
    abu sab'a
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    17,459
    Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3300 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    302

    Re: Rules and Guidelines

    Quote Originally Posted by Abu 'Abdullaah View Post
    They are not charities. Ummah Welfare Trust are registered with Justgiving.
    Then they are wrong too and i will take that up with them inshallah

    they dont have to be charities

    If any money being donated gets used for anything else = haram

    edit - UWT do have methods to raise money for the admin side which is legit
    Last edited by nonameakhi; 06-04-17 at 09:03 PM.

  16. #16
    Gender: Male oshirowanen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    4,041
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Quoted
    795 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    131

    Re: Rules and Guidelines

    deleted.

  17. #17
    SUFI HANAFI
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    42,180
    Mentioned
    499 Post(s)
    Quoted
    8563 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    795

    Re: Rules and Guidelines

    Quote Originally Posted by nonameakhi View Post
    Then they are wrong too and i will take that up with them inshallah

    they dont have to be charities

    If any money being donated gets used for anything else = haram

    edit - UWT do have methods to raise money for the admin side which is legit
    Let us know how UWT respond.

  18. #18
    abu sab'a
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    17,459
    Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3300 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    302

    Re: Rules and Guidelines

    Quote Originally Posted by Abu 'Abdullaah View Post
    Let us know how UWT respond.
    will do, albeit I only used their name as they claim to give 100% to the intended

    Just FYI i dont claim all money raised by them comes from sources that maybe legit. So for example anyone doing charity dinners saying people are giving in sadaqah is wrong but if that money is donated to UWT then when they get it its not an issue, necessarily

    also I heard someone say they may be advertising as collectors of zakat, which is haraam to any idea on that one?

  19. #19
    Kintsukuroi RaNdOm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Gender
    Girl Female
    Posts
    19,131
    Mentioned
    1124 Post(s)
    Quoted
    9764 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    1018

    Re: Rules and Guidelines

    I heard that they accept the donation but keep the gift aid
    ...And he who fears Allah - He will make for him a way out. [65:3]
    "Put your trust in Allah, certainly, Allah loves those who put their trust (in Him)."
    [Al-Imran 3:159]

  20. #20
    abu sab'a
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    17,459
    Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3300 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    302

    Re: Rules and Guidelines

    Quote Originally Posted by RaNdOm View Post
    I heard that they accept the donation but keep the gift aid
    iirc correctly this is 25p on the £1 that gets claimed from the govt. so if you donate £1 then they can claim an extra 25p from govt on top of that. Using that for admin

  21. #21
    Kintsukuroi RaNdOm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Gender
    Girl Female
    Posts
    19,131
    Mentioned
    1124 Post(s)
    Quoted
    9764 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    1018

    Re: Rules and Guidelines

    Quote Originally Posted by nonameakhi View Post
    iirc correctly this is 25p on the £1 that gets claimed from the govt. so if you donate £1 then they can claim an extra 25p from govt on top of that. Using that for admin
    Yeh but is running a charity a business

    cos if u think about how much gets donated they're gonna be making buckkkkkks, and admin doesn't cost that much

    like should charities even advertise?

    they should just create awareness and if they're sincere spread the message that they're 100% donation policy based but like when they have all these packs and leaflets and stuff... it makes me kinda >_>
    ...And he who fears Allah - He will make for him a way out. [65:3]
    "Put your trust in Allah, certainly, Allah loves those who put their trust (in Him)."
    [Al-Imran 3:159]

  22. #22
    abu sab'a
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    17,459
    Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3300 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    302

    Re: Rules and Guidelines

    Quote Originally Posted by RaNdOm View Post
    Yeh but is running a charity a business

    cos if u think about how much gets donated they're gonna be making buckkkkkks, and admin doesn't cost that much

    like should charities even advertise?

    they should just create awareness and if they're sincere spread the message that they're 100% donation policy based but like when they have all these packs and leaflets and stuff... it makes me kinda >_>
    TBh you have to be very careful these days as you may think you id good but actually didnt

    and yes charities are BIG business today. some of the area managers from these places get over £50k a year salary. Taken from donations

  23. #23
    Kintsukuroi RaNdOm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Gender
    Girl Female
    Posts
    19,131
    Mentioned
    1124 Post(s)
    Quoted
    9764 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    1018

    Re: Rules and Guidelines

    Quote Originally Posted by nonameakhi View Post
    TBh you have to be very careful these days as you may think you id good but actually didnt

    and yes charities are BIG business today. some of the area managers from these places get over £50k a year salary. Taken from donations
    but action is based on intention so it'd be their burden wouldn't it

    yeh...I dno seems weird taking money to donate money but then maybe I don't know how much work they put in
    ...And he who fears Allah - He will make for him a way out. [65:3]
    "Put your trust in Allah, certainly, Allah loves those who put their trust (in Him)."
    [Al-Imran 3:159]

  24. #24
    abu sab'a
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    17,459
    Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3300 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    302

    Re: Rules and Guidelines

    Quote Originally Posted by RaNdOm View Post
    but action is based on intention so it'd be their burden wouldn't it

    yeh...I dno seems weird taking money to donate money but then maybe I don't know how much work they put in
    Not necessarily

    if we give knowing something we are at fault.

    Any way @abu 'Abdullah are we ok carrying on discussing this here?

  25. #25
    SUFI HANAFI
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    42,180
    Mentioned
    499 Post(s)
    Quoted
    8563 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    795

    Re: Rules and Guidelines

    Quote Originally Posted by nonameakhi View Post
    ...Any way @abu 'Abdullah are we ok carrying on discussing this here?
    Not really. I prefer this thread to be about the rules of this section. Make a thread in the lounge for general discussion on charities and funding. Barakallahu feek.

  26. #26
    Kintsukuroi RaNdOm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Gender
    Girl Female
    Posts
    19,131
    Mentioned
    1124 Post(s)
    Quoted
    9764 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    1018

    Re: Rules and Guidelines

    Quote Originally Posted by nonameakhi View Post
    Not necessarily

    if we give knowing something we are at fault.

    Any way @abu 'Abdullah are we ok carrying on discussing this here?
    How...

    and like uwt state 100% but sometimes Islamic relief of Muslim hands have more varied projects

    Also I read that the best charity is to give water so are wells etc the go to?

    And yeh if Abu 'Abdullaah doesn't like it he will just move it to a new thread
    ...And he who fears Allah - He will make for him a way out. [65:3]
    "Put your trust in Allah, certainly, Allah loves those who put their trust (in Him)."
    [Al-Imran 3:159]

  27. #27
    Kintsukuroi RaNdOm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Gender
    Girl Female
    Posts
    19,131
    Mentioned
    1124 Post(s)
    Quoted
    9764 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    1018

    Re: Rules and Guidelines

    Quote Originally Posted by Abu 'Abdullaah View Post
    Not really. I prefer this thread to be about the rules of this section. Make a thread in the lounge for general discussion on charities and funding. Barakallahu feek.
    Hmmm strange
    ...And he who fears Allah - He will make for him a way out. [65:3]
    "Put your trust in Allah, certainly, Allah loves those who put their trust (in Him)."
    [Al-Imran 3:159]

  28. #28
    abu sab'a
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    17,459
    Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3300 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    302

    Re: Rules and Guidelines

    Quote Originally Posted by RaNdOm View Post
    Hmmm strange
    not really the thread title is specific. maybe carry on here http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthrea...qah&highlight=

    Quote Originally Posted by Abu 'Abdullaah View Post
    Not really. I prefer this thread to be about the rules of this section. Make a thread in the lounge for general discussion on charities and funding. Barakallahu feek.
    Thought not JZKH

  29. #29
    Kintsukuroi RaNdOm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Gender
    Girl Female
    Posts
    19,131
    Mentioned
    1124 Post(s)
    Quoted
    9764 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    1018

    Re: Rules and Guidelines

    Quote Originally Posted by nonameakhi View Post
    not really the thread title is specific. maybe carry on here http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthrea...qah&highlight=



    Thought not JZKH
    its strange cos people that would read the thread would have similar qs so if they're answered here then it's more neat and tidy like just taking one book out the library instead of ten...

    but anyway i feel weirded out, you're being extra kind and I never understand AA anyway so very confused but ok I will carry on in the other thread iA
    ...And he who fears Allah - He will make for him a way out. [65:3]
    "Put your trust in Allah, certainly, Allah loves those who put their trust (in Him)."
    [Al-Imran 3:159]

 

 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT. The time now is 03:11 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.2
Copyright © 2017 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.2.7 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Skin By: PurevB.com

MPADC.com Islamic Web Hosting | Muslim Ad Network | Islamic Nasheeds | Islamic Mobile App Developement Android & iPhone | Islamic Web Hosting : Muslim Designers : Labbayk Nasheeds : silk route jilbab: Hijab: : Web Islamic Newsletter: Islamic Web Hosting

Students of Arabic Forum | Hijab Shop