Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Ads by Muslim Ad Network


Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 41 to 60 of 60
  1. #1
    061116 Rifqah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Gender
    Girl Female
    Posts
    2,484
    Mentioned
    210 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1812 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    259

    Super-Healthy, Super-Quick Food That I Like Making

    Chicken & Veg Stir-Fry

    Ingredients
    Spring onions
    Chicken (no skin)
    Broccoli
    Coconut oil
    Garlic
    Chilli
    Soy Sauce
    Honey
    Cumin
    Chicken Stock
    Lime

    Method
    Rub the chicken with garlic and chilli and fry in the coconut oil to colour.
    Throw in the sliced onions and broccoli. Fry for a short time stirring constantly. Add half a cup of stock and continue frying allowing the liquid to evaporate. Once evaporated and the broccoli softened, add the other ingredients to taste and stir-fry a little longer, then serve.

    (I have this cold in a lunch box for lunch or as a main meal you could serve with rice but I'll have mashed carrots on the side with Szechuan peppercorns mixed in.)
    Last edited by Rifqah; 05-03-17 at 06:48 PM.

    يعلم ما كان و ما يكون و ما لم يكن إذا كان كيف يكون

  2. #41
    Odan Creamcake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Gender
    Girl Female
    Posts
    14,775
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6305 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    547

    Re: Super-Healthy, Super-Quick Food That I Like Making

    The food looks scrumptious Alhamdulillah, love samosas, never baked em though, sounds fab
    Chicken skewers look delicious, and cauliflower cheese too, mmm, I love that, simple but so good
    And with Him are the keys of the Ghayb (all that is hidden), none knows them but He. And He knows whatever there is in the land and in the sea; not a leaf falls, but He knows it. There is not a grain in the darkness of the earth nor anything fresh or dry, but is written in a Clear Record”
    [al-An’aam 6:59]

  3. #42
    Odan Creamcake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Gender
    Girl Female
    Posts
    14,775
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6305 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    547

    Re: Super-Healthy, Super-Quick Food That I Like Making

    Quote Originally Posted by Fakhri View Post
    (^ my thoughts(!)

    Can't deny some of these look more than tempting. (Alhamdulillah. MaashaaAllah.)
    Lamb and bean, yes please. Chicken skewers... very, very nice.

    Only thing is...

    portions. What human being has such tiny portions. :|


    Btw, br @Morose , baby food. )
    I was thinking this too, sis riqfah masha allah its great you have such small portions, wish I could have portions that were remotely in that size region, lol.
    And with Him are the keys of the Ghayb (all that is hidden), none knows them but He. And He knows whatever there is in the land and in the sea; not a leaf falls, but He knows it. There is not a grain in the darkness of the earth nor anything fresh or dry, but is written in a Clear Record”
    [al-An’aam 6:59]

  4. #43
    061116 Rifqah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Gender
    Girl Female
    Posts
    2,484
    Mentioned
    210 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1812 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    259

    Re: Super-Healthy, Super-Quick Food That I Like Making

    Quote Originally Posted by Creamcake View Post
    I was thinking this too, sis riqfah masha allah its great you have such small portions, wish I could have portions that were remotely in that size region, lol.
    It's mostly lunch so like the cauli cheese is a lunch size and I had some yogurt after if I recall.

    For dinner I would have something larger especially when I'm really hungry I could eat a woolly mammoth!

    يعلم ما كان و ما يكون و ما لم يكن إذا كان كيف يكون

  5. #44
    061116 Rifqah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Gender
    Girl Female
    Posts
    2,484
    Mentioned
    210 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1812 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    259

    Re: Super-Healthy, Super-Quick Food That I Like Making

    My brother drives for a living and he is well used to having what I refer to as a 'dirty burger'

    He was about to have one today when I convinced him to have the (slightly) cleaner version.

    Halal ground beef mixed with some coriander and finely chopped spinach (I didn't tell him about the spinach) and an egg yolk to bind.

    Half fat cheese slice

    Wholemeal roll (in his case two!)

    Gherkins sliced

    Tomato passata mixed with a little harissa paste and regular tomato sauce (I teaspoon)

    Mayonnaise

    An egg


    IMG_20170516_181148683.jpg

    If it was me, I'd have salad instead of crisps but you wouldn't get him to eat veg even if you sat on him and squeezed his nose really tight - I know because I've tried!
    Last edited by Rifqah; 16-05-17 at 05:49 PM.

    يعلم ما كان و ما يكون و ما لم يكن إذا كان كيف يكون

  6. #45
    Odan Creamcake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Gender
    Girl Female
    Posts
    14,775
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6305 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    547

    Re: Super-Healthy, Super-Quick Food That I Like Making

    Quote Originally Posted by Rifqah View Post
    It's mostly lunch so like the cauli cheese is a lunch size and I had some yogurt after if I recall.

    For dinner I would have something larger especially when I'm really hungry I could eat a woolly mammoth!
    having small portions is good sis Alhamdulillah.
    I need to change my ways.. lol.
    your first Ramadhan this year insha ' allah
    And with Him are the keys of the Ghayb (all that is hidden), none knows them but He. And He knows whatever there is in the land and in the sea; not a leaf falls, but He knows it. There is not a grain in the darkness of the earth nor anything fresh or dry, but is written in a Clear Record”
    [al-An’aam 6:59]

  7. #46
    061116 Rifqah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Gender
    Girl Female
    Posts
    2,484
    Mentioned
    210 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1812 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    259

    Re: Super-Healthy, Super-Quick Food That I Like Making

    Quote Originally Posted by Creamcake View Post
    having small portions is good sis Alhamdulillah.
    I need to change my ways.. lol.
    your first Ramadhan this year insha ' allah
    Yes first, although the day is okay, I've been doing three days consecutively but a whole month *gulps

    Try one small thing consistently sister, just one really small thing like making lunch smaller and keeping everything else the same. Don't change what you'd eat or anything. People generally try to change too much in one go and fail miserably because they're too hard on themselves.

    يعلم ما كان و ما يكون و ما لم يكن إذا كان كيف يكون

  8. #47
    Odan Creamcake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Gender
    Girl Female
    Posts
    14,775
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6305 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    547

    Re: Super-Healthy, Super-Quick Food That I Like Making

    Quote Originally Posted by Rifqah View Post
    Yes first, although the day is okay, I've been doing three days consecutively but a whole month *gulps

    Try one small thing consistently sister, just one really small thing like making lunch smaller and keeping everything else the same. Don't change what you'd eat or anything. People generally try to change too much in one go and fail miserably because they're too hard on themselves.
    a whole month flies, trust me plus we get a break.. lool. just make sure you have enough water at sehri and iftaar sis, space the water out, and you're a healthy, nutritional cook masha ' allah so you've got the 'what to eat' food area sorted its still 2 meals a day. I would say most of the thirst/hunger is psychological, more than anything else, especially when one has enough water and food at sehri and iftaar (I say this coz normally I eat a lot and I tell myself i'm not hungry/thirsty and Alhamdulillah find it easy generally), so as long as you keep yourself busy, then its so much easier and make du'aa to find them easy too, helps soo much. And Ramadhan is the month where I feel most alert and energetic and feel like there's so much more barakah in my time and day.. Are you working throughout Ramadhan, or have you got some time booked off? I have booked half days (till 4:15pm), but that's because I finish work at 10:15 lolz and didn't wanna be breaking my fast there.

    jazakhallahu khairan for the advice sis, you're so right that's what normally happens, then I revert back to old eating habits :/
    And with Him are the keys of the Ghayb (all that is hidden), none knows them but He. And He knows whatever there is in the land and in the sea; not a leaf falls, but He knows it. There is not a grain in the darkness of the earth nor anything fresh or dry, but is written in a Clear Record”
    [al-An’aam 6:59]

  9. #48
    061116 Rifqah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Gender
    Girl Female
    Posts
    2,484
    Mentioned
    210 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1812 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    259

    Re: Super-Healthy, Super-Quick Food That I Like Making

    Quote Originally Posted by Creamcake View Post
    a whole month flies, trust me plus we get a break.. lool. just make sure you have enough water at sehri and iftaar sis, space the water out, and you're a healthy, nutritional cook masha ' allah so you've got the 'what to eat' food area sorted its still 2 meals a day. I would say most of the thirst/hunger is psychological, more than anything else, especially when one has enough water and food at sehri and iftaar (I say this coz normally I eat a lot and I tell myself i'm not hungry/thirsty and Alhamdulillah find it easy generally), so as long as you keep yourself busy, then its so much easier and make du'aa to find them easy too, helps soo much. And Ramadhan is the month where I feel most alert and energetic and feel like there's so much more barakah in my time and day.. Are you working throughout Ramadhan, or have you got some time booked off? I have booked half days (till 4:15pm), but that's because I finish work at 10:15 lolz and didn't wanna be breaking my fast there.

    jazakhallahu khairan for the advice sis, you're so right that's what normally happens, then I revert back to old eating habits :/
    I'm working throughout as, I couldn't book any time off. The managers book up the summer months first, then tell everyone else they have to book holidays during the rest of the year. Alhamdulillah though I can't exactly celebrate Eid with my family so, it's better that I'm at work.

    Thanks Creamcake for mentioning that water is the priority as I'd naturally assume food was, because I felt hungry.

    I'm excited about the focus on good deeds and dikhr too. There's a certain excitement at our masjid too with all the preparations.

    يعلم ما كان و ما يكون و ما لم يكن إذا كان كيف يكون

  10. #49
    Odan Creamcake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Gender
    Girl Female
    Posts
    14,775
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6305 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    547

    Re: Super-Healthy, Super-Quick Food That I Like Making

    Quote Originally Posted by Rifqah View Post
    I'm working throughout as, I couldn't book any time off. The managers book up the summer months first, then tell everyone else they have to book holidays during the rest of the year. Alhamdulillah though I can't exactly celebrate Eid with my family so, it's better that I'm at work.

    Thanks Creamcake for mentioning that water is the priority as I'd naturally assume food was, because I felt hungry.

    I'm excited about the focus on good deeds and dikhr too. There's a certain excitement at our masjid too with all the preparations.
    That's fine, working in Ramadhan is fine, it makes your day go quicker too and you'll have the evening and weekends off, I booked off as I work till 10:15pm lol.. which is after Maghrib, and 12 hour shifts.. Don't worry, at our place the managers get a different pool of holidays. And yeah.. but insha ' allah you can celebrate it with some muslims sisters, if possible

    You're welcome, both are a priority, but generally ppl remember to eat enough food at sehri and iftaar coz they're hungry lol and food is on their mind, but forget to drink water, and then end up feeling lethargic/tired/dehydrated/exhausted the next day, despite getting enough sleep, and don't realise why.. and headachey too. Or they don't drink enough water, like just a glass, then eat a lot, then feel too full to have any more water.. which is why its good to space it out.

    Yeah me too was favouriting a lot of youtube series, to stock up on more knowledge this Ramadhan, Insha ' Allah. Yeah there must be Btw not sure if you've heard of this yet sis, but sometimes due to what day different countries sight the moon.. sometimes people start Ramadhan a day different in different mosques, and same with Eid, too (sometimes). Just giving a heads up.
    Last edited by Creamcake; 17-05-17 at 09:34 PM.
    And with Him are the keys of the Ghayb (all that is hidden), none knows them but He. And He knows whatever there is in the land and in the sea; not a leaf falls, but He knows it. There is not a grain in the darkness of the earth nor anything fresh or dry, but is written in a Clear Record”
    [al-An’aam 6:59]

  11. #50
    Odan Creamcake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Gender
    Girl Female
    Posts
    14,775
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6305 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    547

    Re: Super-Healthy, Super-Quick Food That I Like Making

    ...
    Last edited by Creamcake; 17-05-17 at 09:33 PM. Reason: double post lol
    And with Him are the keys of the Ghayb (all that is hidden), none knows them but He. And He knows whatever there is in the land and in the sea; not a leaf falls, but He knows it. There is not a grain in the darkness of the earth nor anything fresh or dry, but is written in a Clear Record”
    [al-An’aam 6:59]

  12. #51
    061116 Rifqah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Gender
    Girl Female
    Posts
    2,484
    Mentioned
    210 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1812 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    259

    Re: Super-Healthy, Super-Quick Food That I Like Making

    IMG_20170913_191437.jpg

    Spinach, chicken and pepper katsu curry

    يعلم ما كان و ما يكون و ما لم يكن إذا كان كيف يكون

  13. #52
    061116 Rifqah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Gender
    Girl Female
    Posts
    2,484
    Mentioned
    210 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1812 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    259

    Re: Super-Healthy, Super-Quick Food That I Like Making

    _20170902_120538.JPG

    Invited-to-a-celebration cake

    يعلم ما كان و ما يكون و ما لم يكن إذا كان كيف يكون

  14. #53
    Odan
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    12,943
    Mentioned
    386 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6189 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    556

    Re: Super-Healthy, Super-Quick Food That I Like Making

    Quote Originally Posted by Rifqah View Post
    IMG_20170913_191437.jpg

    Spinach, chicken and pepper katsu curry
    I've been hearing that a lot lately, however, they call it something else...very off putting.

  15. #54
    061116 Rifqah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Gender
    Girl Female
    Posts
    2,484
    Mentioned
    210 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1812 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    259

    Re: Super-Healthy, Super-Quick Food That I Like Making

    Quote Originally Posted by zi-zizou View Post
    I've been hearing that a lot lately, however, they call it something else...very off putting.
    I've never heard of it before let alone cooked it. What else do they call it?

    يعلم ما كان و ما يكون و ما لم يكن إذا كان كيف يكون

  16. #55
    Odan
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    12,943
    Mentioned
    386 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6189 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    556

    Re: Super-Healthy, Super-Quick Food That I Like Making

    Quote Originally Posted by Rifqah View Post
    I've never heard of it before let alone cooked it. What else do they call it?
    Kat poo curry.

  17. #56
    On A Hired Plane of Logic LailaTheMuslim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Gender
    Girl Female
    Posts
    12,663
    Mentioned
    260 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2520 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    436

    Re: Super-Healthy, Super-Quick Food That I Like Making

    @Rifqah your food looks really good

    I wish I knew how to cook, because I'd make your recipes.

    In sha Allah hopefully.
    وَاقْصِدْ فِي مَشْيِكَ وَاغْضُضْ مِن صَوْتِكَ ۚ إِنَّ أَنكَرَ الْأَصْوَاتِ لَصَوْتُ الْحَمِيرِ - 31:19

    And be moderate in your pace and lower your voice; indeed, the most disagreeable of sounds is the voice of donkeys."


    أَلَمْ تَرَوْا أَنَّ اللَّهَ سَخَّرَ لَكُم مَّا فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ وَمَا فِي الْأَرْضِ وَأَسْبَغَ عَلَيْكُمْ نِعَمَهُ ظَاهِرَةً وَبَاطِنَةً ۗ وَمِنَ النَّاسِ مَن يُجَادِلُ فِي اللَّهِ بِغَيْرِ عِلْمٍ وَلَا هُدًى وَلَا كِتَابٍ مُّنِيرٍ - 31:20

    Do you not see that Allah has made subject to you whatever is in the heavens and whatever is in the earth and amply bestowed upon you His favors, [both] apparent and unapparent? But of the people is he who disputes about Allah without knowledge or guidance or an enlightening Book [from Him].


    Please take a look at my travel booking website : https://destinationfindertravel.com/

    Please take a look at my blog : http://thinkingmuslima.blogspot.co.uk/

  18. #57
    061116 Rifqah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Gender
    Girl Female
    Posts
    2,484
    Mentioned
    210 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1812 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    259

    Re: Super-Healthy, Super-Quick Food That I Like Making

    Quote Originally Posted by zi-zizou View Post
    Kat poo curry.
    Oh

    Sometimes I wish I'd think more and ask less you know.

    يعلم ما كان و ما يكون و ما لم يكن إذا كان كيف يكون

  19. #58
    061116 Rifqah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Gender
    Girl Female
    Posts
    2,484
    Mentioned
    210 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1812 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    259

    Re: Super-Healthy, Super-Quick Food That I Like Making

    Quote Originally Posted by LailaTheMuslim View Post
    @Rifqah your food looks really good

    I wish I knew how to cook, because I'd make your recipes.

    In sha Allah hopefully.
    Thanks sis! They're not really mine, just ones I come across and try. I made curry for a friend and put mushrooms in it and she could not eat it "0 it wasn't that she didn't like mushrooms, she did, it's just that they shouldn't have appeared in the type of curry I made. So sometimes, you just can't add what you like.

    I tell you what I didn't like, cauliflower rice! It's not rice but finely milled cauliflower.

    I'm not a fan "/

    You have to enjoy cooking sis, then you'll love doing it and your food will be super-nice!

    يعلم ما كان و ما يكون و ما لم يكن إذا كان كيف يكون

  20. #59
    Odan
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    12,943
    Mentioned
    386 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6189 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    556

    Re: Super-Healthy, Super-Quick Food That I Like Making

    Quote Originally Posted by Rifqah View Post
    Oh

    Sometimes I wish I'd think more and ask less you know.
    Put it down to experience.

  21. #60
    061116 Rifqah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Gender
    Girl Female
    Posts
    2,484
    Mentioned
    210 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1812 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    259

    Re: Super-Healthy, Super-Quick Food That I Like Making

    IMG_20170916_111349232.jpg

    'Hidden Veg' Meaty Pizza

    يعلم ما كان و ما يكون و ما لم يكن إذا كان كيف يكون

 

 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT. The time now is 07:18 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.2
Copyright © 2017 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.2.7 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Skin By: PurevB.com

MPADC.com Islamic Web Hosting | Muslim Ad Network | Islamic Nasheeds | Islamic Mobile App Developement Android & iPhone | Islamic Web Hosting : Muslim Designers : Labbayk Nasheeds : silk route jilbab: Hijab: : Web Islamic Newsletter: Islamic Web Hosting

Students of Arabic Forum | Hijab Shop