Garlic
    Chilli
    Soy Sauce
    Honey
    Cumin
    Chicken Stock
    Lime

Method
    Rub the chicken with garlic and chilli and fry in the coconut oil to colour.
    Throw in the sliced onions and broccoli. Fry for a short time stirring constantly. Add half a cup of stock and continue frying allowing the liquid to evaporate. Once evaporated and the broccoli softened, add the other ingredients to taste and stir-fry a little longer, then serve.

(I have this cold in a lunch box for lunch or as a main meal you could serve with rice but I'll have mashed carrots on the side with Szechuan peppercorns mixed in.)
    Last edited by Rifqah; 05-03-17 at 06:48 PM.

يعلم ما كان و ما يكون و ما لم يكن إذا كان كيف يكون

Mentioned
    715 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6304 Post(s)

Re: Super-Healthy, Super-Quick Food That I Like Making

The food looks scrumptious Alhamdulillah, love samosas, never baked em though, sounds fab
    Chicken skewers look delicious, and cauliflower cheese too, mmm, I love that, simple but so good
    And with Him are the keys of the Ghayb (all that is hidden), none knows them but He. And He knows whatever there is in the land and in the sea; not a leaf falls, but He knows it. There is not a grain in the darkness of the earth nor anything fresh or dry, but is written in a Clear Record”
    [al-An’aam 6:59]

Mentioned
    715 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6304 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fakhri View Post
    (^ my thoughts(!)

Can't deny some of these look more than tempting. (Alhamdulillah. MaashaaAllah.)
    Lamb and bean, yes please. Chicken skewers... very, very nice.

Only thing is...

portions. What human being has such tiny portions. :|

Btw, br @Morose , baby food. )
    I was thinking this too, sis riqfah masha allah its great you have such small portions, wish I could have portions that were remotely in that size region, lol.
    And with Him are the keys of the Ghayb (all that is hidden), none knows them but He. And He knows whatever there is in the land and in the sea; not a leaf falls, but He knows it. There is not a grain in the darkness of the earth nor anything fresh or dry, but is written in a Clear Record”

Mentioned
    197 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1644 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Creamcake View Post
    I was thinking this too, sis riqfah masha allah its great you have such small portions, wish I could have portions that were remotely in that size region, lol.
    It's mostly lunch so like the cauli cheese is a lunch size and I had some yogurt after if I recall.

For dinner I would have something larger especially when I'm really hungry I could eat a woolly mammoth!

Mentioned
    197 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1644 Post(s)

My brother drives for a living and he is well used to having what I refer to as a 'dirty burger'

He was about to have one today when I convinced him to have the (slightly) cleaner version.

Halal ground beef mixed with some coriander and finely chopped spinach (I didn't tell him about the spinach) and an egg yolk to bind.

Half fat cheese slice

Wholemeal roll (in his case two!)

Gherkins sliced

Tomato passata mixed with a little harissa paste and regular tomato sauce (I teaspoon)

Mayonnaise

An egg

IMG_20170516_181148683.jpg

If it was me, I'd have salad instead of crisps but you wouldn't get him to eat veg even if you sat on him and squeezed his nose really tight - I know because I've tried!
    Last edited by Rifqah; 16-05-17 at 05:49 PM.

Mentioned
    715 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6304 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rifqah View Post
    It's mostly lunch so like the cauli cheese is a lunch size and I had some yogurt after if I recall.

For dinner I would have something larger especially when I'm really hungry I could eat a woolly mammoth!
    having small portions is good sis Alhamdulillah.
    I need to change my ways.. lol.
    your first Ramadhan this year insha ' allah

Mentioned
    197 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1644 Post(s)

having small portions is good sis Alhamdulillah.
    I need to change my ways.. lol.
    your first Ramadhan this year insha ' allah
    Yes first, although the day is okay, I've been doing three days consecutively but a whole month *gulps

Try one small thing consistently sister, just one really small thing like making lunch smaller and keeping everything else the same. Don't change what you'd eat or anything. People generally try to change too much in one go and fail miserably because they're too hard on themselves.

Mentioned
    715 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6304 Post(s)

Yes first, although the day is okay, I've been doing three days consecutively but a whole month *gulps

Try one small thing consistently sister, just one really small thing like making lunch smaller and keeping everything else the same. Don't change what you'd eat or anything. People generally try to change too much in one go and fail miserably because they're too hard on themselves.
    a whole month flies, trust me plus we get a break.. lool. just make sure you have enough water at sehri and iftaar sis, space the water out, and you're a healthy, nutritional cook masha ' allah so you've got the 'what to eat' food area sorted its still 2 meals a day. I would say most of the thirst/hunger is psychological, more than anything else, especially when one has enough water and food at sehri and iftaar (I say this coz normally I eat a lot and I tell myself i'm not hungry/thirsty and Alhamdulillah find it easy generally), so as long as you keep yourself busy, then its so much easier and make du'aa to find them easy too, helps soo much. And Ramadhan is the month where I feel most alert and energetic and feel like there's so much more barakah in my time and day.. Are you working throughout Ramadhan, or have you got some time booked off? I have booked half days (till 4:15pm), but that's because I finish work at 10:15 lolz and didn't wanna be breaking my fast there.

jazakhallahu khairan for the advice sis, you're so right that's what normally happens, then I revert back to old eating habits :/

Mentioned
    197 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1644 Post(s)

a whole month flies, trust me plus we get a break.. lool. just make sure you have enough water at sehri and iftaar sis, space the water out, and you're a healthy, nutritional cook masha ' allah so you've got the 'what to eat' food area sorted its still 2 meals a day. I would say most of the thirst/hunger is psychological, more than anything else, especially when one has enough water and food at sehri and iftaar (I say this coz normally I eat a lot and I tell myself i'm not hungry/thirsty and Alhamdulillah find it easy generally), so as long as you keep yourself busy, then its so much easier and make du'aa to find them easy too, helps soo much. And Ramadhan is the month where I feel most alert and energetic and feel like there's so much more barakah in my time and day.. Are you working throughout Ramadhan, or have you got some time booked off? I have booked half days (till 4:15pm), but that's because I finish work at 10:15 lolz and didn't wanna be breaking my fast there.

jazakhallahu khairan for the advice sis, you're so right that's what normally happens, then I revert back to old eating habits :/
    I'm working throughout as, I couldn't book any time off. The managers book up the summer months first, then tell everyone else they have to book holidays during the rest of the year. Alhamdulillah though I can't exactly celebrate Eid with my family so, it's better that I'm at work.

Thanks Creamcake for mentioning that water is the priority as I'd naturally assume food was, because I felt hungry.

I'm excited about the focus on good deeds and dikhr too. There's a certain excitement at our masjid too with all the preparations.

Mentioned
    715 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6304 Post(s)

I'm working throughout as, I couldn't book any time off. The managers book up the summer months first, then tell everyone else they have to book holidays during the rest of the year. Alhamdulillah though I can't exactly celebrate Eid with my family so, it's better that I'm at work.

Thanks Creamcake for mentioning that water is the priority as I'd naturally assume food was, because I felt hungry.

I'm excited about the focus on good deeds and dikhr too. There's a certain excitement at our masjid too with all the preparations.
    That's fine, working in Ramadhan is fine, it makes your day go quicker too and you'll have the evening and weekends off, I booked off as I work till 10:15pm lol.. which is after Maghrib, and 12 hour shifts.. Don't worry, at our place the managers get a different pool of holidays. And yeah.. but insha ' allah you can celebrate it with some muslims sisters, if possible

You're welcome, both are a priority, but generally ppl remember to eat enough food at sehri and iftaar coz they're hungry lol and food is on their mind, but forget to drink water, and then end up feeling lethargic/tired/dehydrated/exhausted the next day, despite getting enough sleep, and don't realise why.. and headachey too. Or they don't drink enough water, like just a glass, then eat a lot, then feel too full to have any more water.. which is why its good to space it out.

Yeah me too was favouriting a lot of youtube series, to stock up on more knowledge this Ramadhan, Insha ' Allah. Yeah there must be Btw not sure if you've heard of this yet sis, but sometimes due to what day different countries sight the moon.. sometimes people start Ramadhan a day different in different mosques, and same with Eid, too (sometimes). Just giving a heads up.
    Last edited by Creamcake; 17-05-17 at 09:34 PM.

Mentioned
    715 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6304 Post(s)

Last edited by Creamcake; 17-05-17 at 09:33 PM. Reason: double post lol