Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1154 Post(s)

Respecting Saudi Arabia supported by Sunnah?

Yesterday I had a conversation with a supporter of KSA, who gave pretty decent proofs in defense of KSA. Still not convinced though, thoughts?

A. Revolting or standing up to this govt. even if misguided causes civil war, etc. as seen in Egypt, Syria, etc.

B. Abu Bakrah (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: I heard Messenger of Allah (sallallaahu ’alayhi wa sallam) saying, “He who insults the rulers Allah will insult him.” [At-Tirmidhi].

C. Know that a ruler's oppression does not reduce or remove anything which Allaah has made obligatory upon the tongue of the Messenger (salallaahu 'alayhi wa sallam). His [the ruler's] oppression is upon himself. Your acts of obedience and good deeds along with behaving well towards him are complete, if Allaah - the Most High - wills. Accompany them in all acts of obedience such as the congregational and Jumu'ah prayers, for you have your independent intention in that.

D. And in the authentic hadeeth which is agreed upon, from the narration of Aboo Hurayrah, who related that the Messenger of Allaah -may Allaah raise his rank and grant him peace- said [what means]: “Whoever obeys me has obeyed Allaah, and whoever disobeys me has disobeyed Allaah. Whoever obeys my ameer (appointed leader) has obeyed me, and whoever disobeys my ameer has disobeyed me.” These are orders to obey both the scholars and the rulers.

E. No, as long as they (rulers) establish prayer among you. If you find something hateful from them, you should hate their actions but not withdraw your hand from obedience.- Ṣaḥīḥ Muslim 1855, Grade: Sahih

These were his primary proofs in defense of Saudi Arabia saying even though it is corrupted, one should respect its authority.
    "What is asked today is uniting the ranks of the Muwahideen, and to re-unite the Muslims. And directing the efforts to confront the challenges/threats of the Majoos, Tawagith and their donkeys the Murji'ah and the secularists."- Shayk Sulayman Al Alwan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    66 Post(s)

Re: Respecting Saudi Arabia supported by Sunnah?

Quote Originally Posted by abufulaans View Post
    I almost throught your an imran hossain fan
    This world we live in some things just cant be explained.... I think Imran Hussein is not a deviant scholar , he just might see things differently.
    His arguments about the monetary system and how all modern day "jihad" groups do not represent Islam i fully agree with.

Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1711 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The Grave, View Post
    This world we live in some things just cant be explained.... I think Imran Hussein is not a deviant scholar , he just might see things differently.
    His arguments about the monetary system and how all modern day "jihad" groups do not represent Islam i fully agree with.
    I used to sit in class under imran hussein, probably long before most of you were born

How any Muslim today can say that NO jihadi groups are fighting for Islam is preposterous. If anything, it is the remaining part of the ummah that is lacking in their understanding and application of Islam

yet, for the masses we make feeble excuses, but the mujahideen, we hold to a perfect standard
    .لا نريد زعيما يخاف البيت الإبيض
    نريد زعيما يخاف الواحد الأحد
    دولة الإسلامية باقية

Odan
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2043 Post(s)

Imran Hussein is a clown and anyone who follows him is a buffoon.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    86 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ServantofArRahman View Post
    Yesterday I had a conversation with a supporter of KSA, who gave pretty decent proofs in defense of KSA. Still not convinced though, thoughts?

A. Revolting or standing up to this govt. even if misguided causes civil war, etc. as seen in Egypt, Syria, etc.

B. Abu Bakrah (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: I heard Messenger of Allah (sallallaahu ’alayhi wa sallam) saying, “He who insults the rulers Allah will insult him.” [At-Tirmidhi].

C. Know that a ruler's oppression does not reduce or remove anything which Allaah has made obligatory upon the tongue of the Messenger (salallaahu 'alayhi wa sallam). His [the ruler's] oppression is upon himself. Your acts of obedience and good deeds along with behaving well towards him are complete, if Allaah - the Most High - wills. Accompany them in all acts of obedience such as the congregational and Jumu'ah prayers, for you have your independent intention in that.

D. And in the authentic hadeeth which is agreed upon, from the narration of Aboo Hurayrah, who related that the Messenger of Allaah -may Allaah raise his rank and grant him peace- said [what means]: “Whoever obeys me has obeyed Allaah, and whoever disobeys me has disobeyed Allaah. Whoever obeys my ameer (appointed leader) has obeyed me, and whoever disobeys my ameer has disobeyed me.” These are orders to obey both the scholars and the rulers.

E. No, as long as they (rulers) establish prayer among you. If you find something hateful from them, you should hate their actions but not withdraw your hand from obedience.- Ṣaḥīḥ Muslim 1855, Grade: Sahih

These were his primary proofs in defense of Saudi Arabia saying even though it is corrupted, one should respect its authority.
    Asalaamualaykum Dear Soul,

Firstly, when you say that this person is supportive of KSA, exactly what is he supportive of?
    A person could be supportive of everything or only a few things of a country. Example - a person might be supportive of a countries foreign policy and not the taxation system. The list a permutations will go on and on.
    So exactly what did you understand by "supportive of KSA" ? and furthermore what did he mean when he claimed support?

Until you and him resolve common ground of "support of KSA" means then the argument is invalid.

This is a common problem in discussions. Its like two people discussing exactly where a Tomato grows, but one person keeps on calling it a fruit and the other keeps calling it Veg, Instead of reaching the deduction of the place of growth they end up arguing if a Tomato is a fruit or Veg

Wasalaam.
    Does the pain weigh out the pride? And you look for a place to hide,
    Did someone break your heart inside, You're in ruins.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    66 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dinobot View Post
    Imran Hussein is a clown and anyone who follows him is a buffoon.
    He still is our brother in Islam.... like it or not......

Odan
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2043 Post(s)

He may be your brother. But he ain't mine.

The Prophet ﷺ said, “All of a Muslim is prohibited for another Muslim.”

Allāh ﷻ has made the Muslim sacred. And the meaning of “All of a Muslim” is referring to “His blood, his wealth and his honour

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3520 Post(s)

He claims it's allowed to join the Russian army, calls mujahedeen CiA agents, supports Russia in its war against muslims and denies ahadith
    I doubt his Islam,
    ''If the bedouins and city dwellers were to fight between themselves until they wipe each other out, it will surely be less significant than them appointing a taghoot in the land which rules by that which is against the Shari'ah of Islaam which Allah sent his Messenger ﷺ with'' - Sheikh Sulayman bin Sahmaan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    66 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dinobot View Post
    He may be your brother. But he ain't mine.

The Prophet ﷺ said, “All of a Muslim is prohibited for another Muslim.”

Allāh ﷻ has made the Muslim sacred. And the meaning of “All of a Muslim” is referring to “His blood, his wealth and his honour
    Chapter (17) sūrat l-isrā (The Night Journey)

And tell My servants to say that which is best. Indeed, Satan induces [dissension] among them. Indeed Satan is ever, to mankind, a clear enemy.

Shaytan wants to disunite the muslims. Ive watched a couple of his lectures and he is not a deviant scholar but a brother of ours in Islam. At the age of 74 he still has time to make lectures and tries his best to educate muslims about this world we live in.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    66 Post(s)

He claims it's allowed to join the Russian army, calls mujahedeen CiA agents, supports Russia in its war against muslims and denies ahadith
    I doubt his Islam,

Can you provide me with evidence... I've not watched his lectures regarding the middle east. What hadith does he deny ? majority of his end times arguments are based on the hadith ?

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1154 Post(s)

I don't know how you can listen to someone like Imam Anwar al Awlaki rahimullah and then follow someone like Imran Hussein.
    "What is asked today is uniting the ranks of the Muwahideen, and to re-unite the Muslims. And directing the efforts to confront the challenges/threats of the Majoos, Tawagith and their donkeys the Murji'ah and the secularists."- Shayk Sulayman Al Alwan

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1154 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by R2-D2 View Post
    Asalaamualaykum Dear Soul,

Firstly, when you say that this person is supportive of KSA, exactly what is he supportive of?
    A person could be supportive of everything or only a few things of a country. Example - a person might be supportive of a countries foreign policy and not the taxation system. The list a permutations will go on and on.
    So exactly what did you understand by "supportive of KSA" ? and furthermore what did he mean when he claimed support?

Until you and him resolve common ground of "support of KSA" means then the argument is invalid.

This is a common problem in discussions. Its like two people discussing exactly where a Tomato grows, but one person keeps on calling it a fruit and the other keeps calling it Veg, Instead of reaching the deduction of the place of growth they end up arguing if a Tomato is a fruit or Veg

Wasalaam.
    The type that is willing to support KSA regardless of what it does.

Mentioned
    194 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5068 Post(s)

This Saudi supporter clearly seems to have skipped the Hadith about speaking against Tyrrants,

Most likely a nationalist, I had discussions with such loons before,

Saudi government, rulers are rotten, tjey were put in power by the Kuffar,

most Muslims are aware of their antics,

Trying to use the Hadith to justify obedience and keep quiet about such individuals is rather devilish
    http://www.ilovepalestine.com/campai...imesinGaza.gif

"It does not befit the lion to answer the dogs."

– Imam al-Shafi’i (Rahimahullah)

Mentioned
    194 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5068 Post(s)

Iran Hossein has been behaving like an escapee from a mental asylum for a long time, he's a seriously twisted Deviant too...

Mentioned
    194 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5068 Post(s)

I doubt his Islam,
    Insane Lunatic he is,

نعوذ بالله من ذلك

Mentioned
    194 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5068 Post(s)

Can you provide me with evidence... I've not watched his lectures regarding the middle east. What hadith does he deny ? majority of his end times arguments are based on the hadith ?
    They arnt based on Hadith, they are based on his own conjecture, and Allah عز و جل has told us to stay away from conjecture,

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1154 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Saif-Uddin View Post
    This Saudi supporter clearly seems to have skipped the Hadith about speaking against Tyrrants,

Most likely a nationalist, I had discussions with such loons before,

Saudi government, rulers are rotten, tjey were put in power by the Kuffar,

most Muslims are aware of their antics,

Trying to use the Hadith to justify obedience and keep quiet about such individuals is rather devilish
    It's those Salafi KSA supporters.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2427 Post(s)

I doubt his Islam,
    I don't like to make takfeer on the basis of support or not supporting a contemporary organization, but I just did some research on this guy and I highly, highly doubt the Islam of anyone russia supporters who say jihad in Syria is a "cia operation"
    وَمَا قَدَرُوا اللَّهَ حَقَّ قَدْرِهِ وَالْأَرْضُ جَمِيعًا قَبْضَتُهُ يَوْمَ الْقِيَامَةِ وَالسَّمَاوَاتُ مَطْوِيَّاتٌ بِيَمِينِهِ ۚ سُبْحَانَهُ وَتَعَالَىٰ عَمَّا يُشْرِكُونَ
    They have not appraised Allah with true appraisal, while the earth entirely will be [within] His grip on the Day of Resurrection, and the heavens will be folded in His right hand. Exalted is He and high above what they associate with Him. (Az-Zumar: 67)

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2427 Post(s)

Insane Lunatic he is,

نعوذ بالله من ذلك

Sounds like he should be in a straitjacket in a padded room, not issuing fatawa
    وَمَا قَدَرُوا اللَّهَ حَقَّ قَدْرِهِ وَالْأَرْضُ جَمِيعًا قَبْضَتُهُ يَوْمَ الْقِيَامَةِ وَالسَّمَاوَاتُ مَطْوِيَّاتٌ بِيَمِينِهِ ۚ سُبْحَانَهُ وَتَعَالَىٰ عَمَّا يُشْرِكُونَ
    They have not appraised Allah with true appraisal, while the earth entirely will be [within] His grip on the Day of Resurrection, and the heavens will be folded in His right hand. Exalted is He and high above what they associate with Him. (Az-Zumar: 67)

Mentioned
    194 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5068 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abd al-Rahman View Post
    Sounds like he should be in a straitjacket in a padded room, not issuing fatawa
    Yes true akhi. Just Google him and see how many crazy predictions he made, and how far he is from the Qur'an and Sunnah,

And this nutter is allegedly a Sheikh,

Mentioned
    194 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5068 Post(s)

It's those Salafi KSA supporters.
    They are wannabe Salafis,

A true Salafi would follow the example of the Salaaf, the first and the best 3 generation of Muslims,

They would not be supporting Tyrant's, especially scum put in power by the Kuffar to rule Muslims

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    66 Post(s)

Iran Hossein has been behaving like an escapee from a mental asylum for a long time, he's a seriously twisted Deviant too...
    Evidence....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    66 Post(s)

I don't know how you can listen to someone like Imam Anwar al Awlaki rahimullah and then follow someone like Imran Hussein.
    Both those scholars increase my knowledge in Islam.
    I think as to why he supports Russia is because prophet muhammad prophesised it,,,,, here is what Sheikh Imran said

Rum in the Qur'an is easy to identify. It is the 'Eastern Orthodox Christian Church'; which had established the Byzantine Empire with Constantinople as its capital...
    Prophet (SA) said 'You will make an alliance with Rum'. The Byzantine Empire has disappeared today, but the 'Eastern Orthodox Christian Church' has not. If we want to find Rum, where is the 'Eastern Orthodox Christian Church' today?

Answer, the headquarters is now in Russia. If I am wrong I invite you to correct me. And so when the Prophet (SA) said, 'You will make an alliance with Rum', my answer is its going to be an alliance with Russia. .."

im not an expert on hadiths or why prophet muhammad prophesised this , whats your opinion on this brother?

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1154 Post(s)

I think as to why he supports Russia is because prophet muhammad prophesised it,,,,, here is what Sheikh Imran said

Rum in the Qur'an is easy to identify. It is the 'Eastern Orthodox Christian Church'; which had established the Byzantine Empire with Constantinople as its capital...
    Prophet (SA) said 'You will make an alliance with Rum'. The Byzantine Empire has disappeared today, but the 'Eastern Orthodox Christian Church' has not. If we want to find Rum, where is the 'Eastern Orthodox Christian Church' today?

Answer, the headquarters is now in Russia. If I am wrong I invite you to correct me. And so when the Prophet (SA) said, 'You will make an alliance with Rum', my answer is its going to be an alliance with Russia. .."

im not an expert on hadiths or why prophet muhammad prophesised this , whats your opinion on this brother?
    The Byzantines are the precursor to Western civilization, Russia is not the West.

😈 Al-Wahhaabi 😈 muslim singafuri's Avatar
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quoted
    450 Post(s)

I am surprised that people still listen to Imran Hussein.
    If following Ahmad makes me a 'Wahhaabi', then I declare that I am one.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1154 Post(s)

A true Salafi would follow the example of the Salaaf, the first and the best 3 generation of Muslims,

They would not be supporting Tyrant's, especially scum put in power by the Kuffar to rule Muslims

I respect and value Salafiyyah, but too often the Salafis are infatuated with KSA without ever even having lived or experienced it. The main reason I'm believing is because scholars like ibn Baz rahimullah and ibn Uthyameen rahimullah lived there.

Account Disabled

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quoted
    229 Post(s)

KSA has many problems like all Muslims lands.

Kufr laws/tyranny/imprisonment/High intelligence/no to Jihad/fatwas from palaces/Aiding Kuffar US&West in war against Islam /landing in crusader army over borders /letting in kuffar in Arabian Peninsula/giving refuge to apostates who Auzobillah, disrespects ALLAH Ta'ala &much more.

Account Disabled

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quoted
    229 Post(s)

Someone report her .

She's abusing Islam

We are talking of tyrant regime

Mentioned
    402 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1684 Post(s)

yetanotheruser- i was lenient with the infraction, i will not be next time

watch your words

Account Disabled

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quoted
    229 Post(s)

Hajar

May ALLAH Ta'ala guide her if she's upset bcs of some calamity etc

Mentioned
    402 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1684 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RedBirdie View Post
    Hajar

May ALLAH Ta'ala guide her if she's upset bcs of some calamity etc
    doesn't give her any excuse to spew non-sense, that was a potential slur on the sahabah
    anyway, she is warned

Account Disabled

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quoted
    229 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by .Hajar. View Post
    doesn't give her any excuse to spew non-sense, that was a potential slur on the sahabah
    anyway, she is warned
    No,Duhayma fitan if you look into it,people stumble when calamities strike them hard but get again.

Though I don't trust her but I asked for excuse bcs I don't know her past posts.

Otherwise,it would have been a ban appeal first from my side,InshaAllah

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    98 Post(s)

yetanotheruser- i was lenient with the infraction, i will not be next time

watch your words
    anyway, she is warned
    I wasn't talking about the Sahaba, I was referring to the regular denizens of Saudi Arabia of the time, who were sent Islam due to their corruption. Open an Islamic history book or keep quiet.

Mentioned
    402 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1684 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by YetAnotherUser View Post
    I wasn't talking about the Sahaba, I was referring to the regular denizens of Saudi Arabia of the time, who were sent Islam due to their corruption. Open an Islamic history book or keep quiet.
    those regular denizens, many of them, eventually accepted islam and your wording was absolutely infract worthy

Account Disabled

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quoted
    229 Post(s)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    98 Post(s)

those regular denizens, many of them, eventually accepted islam and your wording was absolutely infract worthy
    Okay, congrats! I'm not referring to the converts, obviously.

What does me criticising PRE-ISLAM Arabia have to do with your lies of me bad mouthing the Sahaba/abusing Islam?? Idc about infractions. I told the truth. Old Saudi Arabia and it's people were wicked and corrupt, and many still are, to this day, if the abused servants they keep have anything to say about it.

And you will deal.

Mentioned
    402 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1684 Post(s)

Okay, congrats! I'm not referring to the converts, obviously.

What does me criticising PRE-ISLAM Arabia have to do with your lies of me bad mouthing the Sahaba/abusing Islam?? Idc about infractions. I told the truth. Old Saudi Arabia and it's people were wicked and corrupt, and many still are, to this day, if the abused servants they keep have anything to say about it.

And you will deal.
    so make a clear distinction between pre and post islam and modern day saudis

you are ultimately responsible for your own posts, don't expect others to read what's not written

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    98 Post(s)

you are ultimately responsible for your own posts, don't expect others to read what's not written
    Pft, whatever. Anything you can do to save face, I guess. Nevermind the fact that Bilal A.S. had his fair share of horror stories regarding the Saudis. Or that Prophet Muhammad, Sallalahu Alayhi Wa Salam, was also treated terribly by them. Most if not all of the Sahaba, in fact.

Just take this L and keep it moving. I'm not wasting any more time trying to reason with a wall.

Mentioned
    402 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1684 Post(s)

Pft, whatever. Anything you can do to save face, I guess. Nevermind the fact that Bilal A.S. had his fair share of horror stories regarding the Saudis. Or that Prophet Muhammad, Sallalahu Alayhi Wa Salam, was also treated terribly by them. Most if not all of the Sahaba, in fact.

Just take this L and keep it moving. I'm not wasting any more time trying to reason with a wall.
    so you hate saudis because of the way they treated the prophet and sahabas?

Mentioned
    409 Post(s)
    Quoted
    9457 Post(s)

No need to be rude.

striving to be sincere Abu Kamel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1587 Post(s)

true words of wisdom even for one who only calls himself "Muslim" and not " salafi". And it is based on the guidance of the Prophet .

As for the Q "who are the Rum?" There is sum correctness in identifying them with Russia. In another hadith, the Prophet uses the term "bani Asfar" which ulama interpret as Rum because the Roman Empire in Constantinople (led by Heracliusin Al Quds) flew a yellow flag. The Byzantine Eastern Orpthodox church headquartered in Moscow still flies that yellow flag.

However, and this is critical, the Prophet NEVER SAID "ALLIANCE WITH RUM"!!!!!!

The Quranic arabic word for alliance, "awliyaa" is NEVER used for kufar. It is only for believers and Allah AWJ!!!!!

Perhaps this is one way Imran Hussein misguides his followers, by using ignorance of arabic AND the fiqh of treaties.

The words from the sahih hadith reported in Sunan a Ibn Majah are "tasasulihukum ar rum salhna aminaana" or like this. The term "sad-lam-ha" is reconcile or pacify, so it's a truce ending hostility and war.

And the fiqh of treaties only allows a truce, or a limited conditional treaty/pact between Muslims and kufar, not "alliances".

From the hadith of Dabiq, the words used refer to a truce after warfare. This alone is a major victory as we know today, the kufar Tawaghut powers now reject the existence of an Islamic state and khilafah and wage full spectrum warfare to kill any who declare it anywhere. Eventually, they will acquiesce and accept a truce or conditional treaty, much like how Hudaybiyah treaty was a victory for the Prophet over the Quraish.

The Byzantines are the precursor to Western civilization, Russia is not the West.
    Whil that's your opinion, that is not correct in terms of Western history. Byzantine empire was a stage of Westwrn civilization, West Civ being traced to pagan/mushrikeen Roman and beforcthat Greek civilizations.

And Russia IS a faction of the West in every way. Even if it's not geographically located in the West. Puric language comes from Eastern Europe, Slovak people come from Eastern Europe, czar Peter transformed Russia to emulate and assimilate to Europe in every way centuries ago and EU royalty married into Russian royalty for generations. It's as "West" as Spain.

I respect and value Salafiyyah, but too often the Salafis are infatuated with KSA without ever even having lived or experienced it. The main reason I'm believing is because scholars like ibn Baz rahimullah and ibn Uthyameen rahimullah lived there.
    Your view of "salafis" is too bias to what I assume personal encounters in your town/city. It is even too limited if you restrict to Bin Baz and Ibn Uthaymeen. Even your respect for KSA is mistake. Sorry to seem harsh. For example, imam Al Shafii (rh) considered himself a follower of salaf wa Salih.

It is Al Jazeera, or Al Jazeeratul Arab. It is wrongly granted to the Saudi tribe. Arabs have lived there for 1000s of years. If anything, it should be called The Prophet's saws2: Arabia. And righteous believers from Arabia have begun calling themselves Jaziri, or Jazrawi rather than Saudi. It would be like now that Trump rules America, Then Americans start calling themselves Trumps and America "Trump's America".

And grand mufti bin Baz cannot compare with sh Ibn Uthaymeen (rh), both having failures, but the failures of Bin Baz are monumental and disastrous.
    Last edited by Abu Kamel; 01-03-17 at 07:40 AM.
    Allahumma, aranee al haqqu haqqan wa arzuqnee itiba`ahu, wa aranee al baatilu baatilaan wa arzuqnee ijtinaabahu.Oh Allah! show us the truth as true, and inspire us to follow it. Show us falsehood as falsehood, and inspire us to abstain from it.
    " Do you know what destroys Islam? A mistake made by a scholar, the argument of a hypocrite in writing and the ruling of leaders who wish for people to stray