Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1154 Post(s)

Respecting Saudi Arabia supported by Sunnah?

Yesterday I had a conversation with a supporter of KSA, who gave pretty decent proofs in defense of KSA. Still not convinced though, thoughts?

A. Revolting or standing up to this govt. even if misguided causes civil war, etc. as seen in Egypt, Syria, etc.

B. Abu Bakrah (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: I heard Messenger of Allah (sallallaahu ’alayhi wa sallam) saying, “He who insults the rulers Allah will insult him.” [At-Tirmidhi].

C. Know that a ruler's oppression does not reduce or remove anything which Allaah has made obligatory upon the tongue of the Messenger (salallaahu 'alayhi wa sallam). His [the ruler's] oppression is upon himself. Your acts of obedience and good deeds along with behaving well towards him are complete, if Allaah - the Most High - wills. Accompany them in all acts of obedience such as the congregational and Jumu'ah prayers, for you have your independent intention in that.

D. And in the authentic hadeeth which is agreed upon, from the narration of Aboo Hurayrah, who related that the Messenger of Allaah -may Allaah raise his rank and grant him peace- said [what means]: “Whoever obeys me has obeyed Allaah, and whoever disobeys me has disobeyed Allaah. Whoever obeys my ameer (appointed leader) has obeyed me, and whoever disobeys my ameer has disobeyed me.” These are orders to obey both the scholars and the rulers.

E. No, as long as they (rulers) establish prayer among you. If you find something hateful from them, you should hate their actions but not withdraw your hand from obedience.- Ṣaḥīḥ Muslim 1855, Grade: Sahih

These were his primary proofs in defense of Saudi Arabia saying even though it is corrupted, one should respect its authority.
    "What is asked today is uniting the ranks of the Muwahideen, and to re-unite the Muslims. And directing the efforts to confront the challenges/threats of the Majoos, Tawagith and their donkeys the Murji'ah and the secularists."- Shayk Sulayman Al Alwan

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    171 Post(s)

Re: Respecting Saudi Arabia supported by Sunnah?

Why do you hate Saudi Arabia???

And what will you gain if you manage to make others hate it too?

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1154 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DerGläubiger View Post
    Why do you hate Saudi Arabia???

And what will you gain if you manage to make others hate it too?
    Did you read just the title? My opinion is still shaky on the issue. What has the great KSA done anyway?
    "What is asked today is uniting the ranks of the Muwahideen, and to re-unite the Muslims. And directing the efforts to confront the challenges/threats of the Majoos, Tawagith and their donkeys the Murji'ah and the secularists."- Shayk Sulayman Al Alwan

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    171 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ServantofArRahman View Post
    Did you read just the title? My opinion is still shaky on the issue. What has the great KSA done anyway?
    It's the only country the constitution of which is the Quran and the ahadith. If you should hate a country/government, it should be the US, Russia etc, not the KSA.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2427 Post(s)

Yesterday I had a conversation with a supporter of KSA, who gave pretty decent proofs in defense of KSA. Still not convinced though, thoughts?

A. Revolting or standing up to this govt. even if misguided causes civil war, etc. as seen in Egypt, Syria, etc.

B. Abu Bakrah (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: I heard Messenger of Allah (sallallaahu ’alayhi wa sallam) saying, “He who insults the rulers Allah will insult him.” [At-Tirmidhi].

C. Know that a ruler's oppression does not reduce or remove anything which Allaah has made obligatory upon the tongue of the Messenger (salallaahu 'alayhi wa sallam). His [the ruler's] oppression is upon himself. Your acts of obedience and good deeds along with behaving well towards him are complete, if Allaah - the Most High - wills. Accompany them in all acts of obedience such as the congregational and Jumu'ah prayers, for you have your independent intention in that.

D. And in the authentic hadeeth which is agreed upon, from the narration of Aboo Hurayrah, who related that the Messenger of Allaah -may Allaah raise his rank and grant him peace- said [what means]: “Whoever obeys me has obeyed Allaah, and whoever disobeys me has disobeyed Allaah. Whoever obeys my ameer (appointed leader) has obeyed me, and whoever disobeys my ameer has disobeyed me.” These are orders to obey both the scholars and the rulers.

E. No, as long as they (rulers) establish prayer among you. If you find something hateful from them, you should hate their actions but not withdraw your hand from obedience.- Ṣaḥīḥ Muslim 1855, Grade: Sahih

These were his primary proofs in defense of Saudi Arabia saying even though it is corrupted, one should respect its authority.

Could someone of more knowledge tell us, do any of these statements apply to the ruler who is a kafir, and calls the people to obey them in sinfulness and transgression and kufr?

I don't consider the government of Saudi Arabia to be murtad, I have seen the argument made in many places using many different proofs and examples, but I really haven't found a scholar who I trust greatly who has issued this opinion. Sometimes it feels to me like almost all of the people who are making this argument are extreme in some other way, which makes me trust their judgement less, I don't know, maybe someone can tell me what they think?

However, the argument that the Saudi Arabian government is murtad is just one side of the arguments of people who are against them. Personally, I think that some members of the government are corrupt thieves and quite tyrannical, and that the government's foreign policy is just terrible, and they don't do enough to help oppressed Muslims around the world, but thats just me. I don't think this makes them disbelievers though.
    وَمَا قَدَرُوا اللَّهَ حَقَّ قَدْرِهِ وَالْأَرْضُ جَمِيعًا قَبْضَتُهُ يَوْمَ الْقِيَامَةِ وَالسَّمَاوَاتُ مَطْوِيَّاتٌ بِيَمِينِهِ ۚ سُبْحَانَهُ وَتَعَالَىٰ عَمَّا يُشْرِكُونَ
    They have not appraised Allah with true appraisal, while the earth entirely will be [within] His grip on the Day of Resurrection, and the heavens will be folded in His right hand. Exalted is He and high above what they associate with Him. (Az-Zumar: 67)

Account Disabled

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3074 Post(s)

Every time I see people like you I remember a post I read on islamic awakening a while back, saying that if these people read the history of the khilafahs they'd commit apostasy. Strong words but basically, your idea of how the islamic world looked like is so far from reality that you'd never accept it.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1154 Post(s)

It's the only country the constitution of which is the Quran and the ahadith. If you should hate a country/government, it should be the US, Russia etc, not the KSA.
    Who said I don't hate these countries?

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1154 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by quark View Post
    Every time I see people like you I remember a post I read on islamic awakening a while back, saying that if these people read the history of the khilafahs they'd commit apostasy. Strong words but basically, your idea of how the islamic world looked like is so far from reality that you'd never accept it.
    Ah yes, KSA is like a khilafa ain't it.

Account Disabled

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3074 Post(s)

Ah yes, KSA is like a khilafa ain't it.
    You didn't understand me. What I'm trying to say is, it's better.

Account Disabled

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3074 Post(s)

You'd think so but no, sunnis hate sunni countries. Then they wonder why the shia are succeeding.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    171 Post(s)

Who said I don't hate these countries?
    Then first try to change them and spread hatred towards them.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1154 Post(s)

You didn't understand me. What I'm trying to say is, it's better.
    Well played, yet to here what sect you follow.

SUFI HANAFI
    Mentioned
    499 Post(s)
    Quoted
    8563 Post(s)

This would apply only to those living in Saudi. Is that where he lives?

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1154 Post(s)

Then first try to change them and spread hatred towards them.
    They're unanimously hated by any self-respecting Muslims.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1154 Post(s)

You'd think so but no, sunnis hate sunni countries. Then they wonder why the shia are succeeding.
    Much easier to establish filth then the haqq.

Mentioned
    464 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5590 Post(s)

If a state is Muslim you should respect its authority, regardless of the corruption it has.

Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5891 Post(s)

looks like you had no idea why you disliked them to begin with so you were hating based on nothing and following what others do?

have I got this correct?
    "There will never cease to remain a group from my Ummah fighting upon the command of Allah, subjugating their enemies. They are not harmed by those who oppose them, until the Hour arrives".

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1154 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blackbeard View Post
    looks like you had no idea why you disliked them to begin with so you were hating based on nothing and following what others do?

have I got this correct?
    no hate them based on the fact they've done nothing extraordinary for the Ummah, they support the very kuffar that laugh at them behind their back, and the racism towards Muslim expats

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1154 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Poster View Post
    If a state is Muslim you should respect its authority, regardless of the corruption it has.
    This is what I am trying to bring my self to accept.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1154 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abd al-Rahman View Post

Could someone of more knowledge tell us, do any of these statements apply to the ruler who is a kafir, and calls the people to obey them in sinfulness and transgression and kufr?

I don't consider the government of Saudi Arabia to be murtad, I have seen the argument made in many places using many different proofs and examples, but I really haven't found a scholar who I trust greatly who has issued this opinion. Sometimes it feels to me like almost all of the people who are making this argument are extreme in some other way, which makes me trust their judgement less, I don't know, maybe someone can tell me what they think?

However, the argument that the Saudi Arabian government is murtad is just one side of the arguments of people who are against them. Personally, I think that some members of the government are corrupt thieves and quite tyrannical, and that the government's foreign policy is just terrible, and they don't do enough to help oppressed Muslims around the world, but thats just me. I don't think this makes them disbelievers though.
    Neither do I think they're disbelievers, just not the great saviors of the people of the Ummah in this generation either.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    171 Post(s)

no hate them based on the fact they've done nothing extraordinary for the Ummah, they support the very kuffar that laugh at them behind their back, and the racism towards Muslim expats
    Have you done anything extraordinary for the ummah?

Has the KSA done?Yes, they're spreading the message of Islam. We can take the Medina University as an example. They grant annually scholarships to many students from the world. The KSA could've forbidden it, but they didn't. This is only one example. You're not appreciating that we have at least one islamic country in the world. I grew up in a country where hijab is forbidden almost everywhere, you will be questioned and even might be arrested if you have a beard, let alone praying at work or uni and speaking freely about islam. Would it be better if the KSA was like this??.... The Fitna in Syria also began like this, from demonstrations and by trying to change the government. Would you like the KSA to be another Syria?

I'm not saying, the saudi goverment is innocent, but whatever they do, it's between them and Allah. They are to be obeyed unless they commit kufr openly.

As for racism, it might exist among some people, but the government definetely doesn't tell its people to be rascist.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1154 Post(s)

Comparing what I've done for the Ummah vs. that of an entire govt.'s doesn't work out nor am I here to brag about what I have contributed.

I have not mentioned rebellion either (clearly didn't read the entirety of my original post).

Nor have you read my other statement that I am attempting to respect KSA and am having jihad al-nafs.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    171 Post(s)

Comparing what I've done for the Ummah vs. that of an entire govt.'s doesn't work out nor am I here to brag about what I have contributed.

I have not mentioned rebellion either (clearly didn't read the entirety of my original post).

Nor have you read my other statement that I am attempting to respect KSA and am having jihad al-nafs.
    I read......Anyways, may Allah make you and me love what should be loved, and hate what should be hated.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    64 Post(s)

Donald Trump is the ruler where I live.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1154 Post(s)

I read......Anyways, may Allah make you and me love what should be loved, and hate what should be hated.
    Ameen

SUFI HANAFI
    Mentioned
    499 Post(s)
    Quoted
    8563 Post(s)

This is what I am trying to bring my self to accept.
    If you go to Saudi then you have to accept it (for the most part).

Mentioned
    337 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3516 Post(s)

Good thread son. Good thread.

All I know is that some people go to big extremes in supporting the country. Others go to the other extreme in opposing it and declaring the king to be a kafir.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1140 Post(s)

Fitnah should be avoided for sure. Any uprising should be based on people under supervision of righteous leaders not just based on a minority of people and weapon or western or eastern powers.

This is true that KSA is officially a slave of USA and Israel and it has exceeded the limits of Islam and humanity. But everything needs it's own process. For sure the first step is to advise them. Moses also advised Pharaoh. The leaders of KSA should know that they are in fact ruining themselves and they are ruining the treasures of Ummah ans that they can not kill all the people of middle east.

If revolution and uprising was so easy prophets could have established many just governments while only a few of them were successful in establishing a government. The role of people is very important besides the role of righteous leaders. It seems Hijaz lacks these two important factors nowadays.

But everything should go forth step by step and according to the Sunnah of Rasulullah and that how he dealt with the corrupted elites of Mecca. The revolution of Rasulullah was cultural and based on the people rather than anything else.
    Note: I am a shia.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1154 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ALAS View Post
    Fitnah should be avoided for sure. Any uprising should be based on people under supervision of righteous leaders not just based on a minority of people and weapon or western or eastern powers.

This is true that KSA is officially a slave of USA and Israel and it has exceeded the limits of Islam and humanity. But everything needs it's own process. For sure the first step is to advise them. Moses also advised Pharaoh. The leaders of KSA should know that they are in fact ruining themselves and they are ruining the treasures of Ummah ans that they can not kill all the people of middle east.

If revolution and uprising was so easy prophets could have established many just governments while only a few of them were successful in establishing a government. The role of people is very important besides the role of righteous leaders. It seems Hijaz lacks these two important factors nowadays.

But everything should go forth step by step and according to the Sunnah of Rasulullah and that how he dealt with the corrupted elites of Mecca. The revolution of Rasulullah was cultural and based on the people rather than anything else.
    Bro why you still a Shia, you're way more educated than the avg Shia from what I've read of your content. What about being Sunni doesn't appeal to you?

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1415 Post(s)

Bro why you still a Shia, you're way more educated than the avg Shia from what I've read of your content. What about being Sunni doesn't appeal to you?
    Becz there are rafidis and then there are saudis or emaratis/qataris who are creating fitna and when someone tries to correct them .. they are disliked..Middleast in general need reformation..or ppl an be replaced...simple as that.Saudi govt is a stigma to islamic world...followed by gcc...
    ".......He giveth and spendeth (of His bounty) as He pleaseth. But the revelation that cometh to thee from Allah increaseth in most of them (kuffar) their obstinate rebellion and blasphemy.Amongst them we have placed enmity and hatred till the Day of Judgment. Every time they kindle the fire of war, Allah doth extinguish it;but they (ever) strive to do mischief on earth. And Allah loveth not those who do mischief."(5:64)

Odan
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1236 Post(s)

This is true. Aside from the khulafah rashidun, most of the khalifahs throughout history have been as bad as the saudis or even worse as far as their personal morals, oppression, and commitment to the Deen is concerned. When it comes to foreign affairs, then most of them inherited a situation where Islam was already the superpower, so it was easy for them to avoid allying with the kuffar and so on. When the Islamic world was in a bad state during some stretches of history, then some of the khulafah and sultans were not much better than the saudis today as far as foreign affairs are concerned.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3515 Post(s)

The reply to all of these it's quite simple and well known akhi, if you consider the Hakim to have nullified his Islam
    ''If the bedouins and city dwellers were to fight between themselves until they wipe each other out, it will surely be less significant than them appointing a taghoot in the land which rules by that which is against the Shari'ah of Islaam which Allah sent his Messenger ﷺ with'' - Sheikh Sulayman bin Sahmaan

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1415 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by abufulaans View Post
    The reply to all of these it's quite simple and well known akhi, if you consider the Hakim to have nullified his Islam
    Answer is only one...we need to destroy their kingdoms...followed by destruction of rest of non arab muslim states...but first the arab world...
    ".......He giveth and spendeth (of His bounty) as He pleaseth. But the revelation that cometh to thee from Allah increaseth in most of them (kuffar) their obstinate rebellion and blasphemy.Amongst them we have placed enmity and hatred till the Day of Judgment. Every time they kindle the fire of war, Allah doth extinguish it;but they (ever) strive to do mischief on earth. And Allah loveth not those who do mischief."(5:64)

Account Disabled

Mentioned
    252 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6164 Post(s)

which excuses their support for Israel and Al-Sisi ofcourse.

Account Disabled

Mentioned
    252 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6164 Post(s)

Firstly, there was no civil war in Egypt. There was a coup against Muslim Brotherhood that put the scum Al-Sisi in place which was openly supported by the Saudis. King Abdullah was the first to congratulate Al-sisi.

http://english.alarabiya.net/en/News...president.html

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/n...s-El-Sisi.html

Today Islam is being torn apart by Al-Sisi and muslims are second class citizens in their own country while the filthy Coptics have full religious freedom. Al-Sisi has also been supported by Mike Flynn who called Islam a cancer.

Also, the saudis support the rebellion against Assad so i can't see why that's even an example.

So respect saudis my foot.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    171 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Spicen View Post
    which excuses their support for Israel and Al-Sisi ofcourse.
    Daleel?

Account Disabled

Mentioned
    252 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6164 Post(s)

Daleel?
    Look at the post above.

Account Disabled

Mentioned
    252 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6164 Post(s)

Netanyahu: KSA Sees ’Israel’ as an Ally, Iran a Common Threat
    http://sayyidali.com/news-analysis/n...on-threat.html

That's the prime minister of Israel saying that, not some conspiracy theorist.

Time for Arab states to publicize their Israel ties, Netanyahu says
    Most moderate countries in region see Israel as ally, not enemy, PM tells visiting US Jewish leaders, urging more openness about covert contacts

http://www.timesofisrael.com/time-to...etanyahu-says/

Saudi Prince: “I’ll Side With Israel” Against Palestinian Uprising, Iran

https://www.breakingisraelnews.com/5...FZgEPD8QM1B.97

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1140 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Spicen View Post
    Netanyahu: KSA Sees ’Israel’ as an Ally, Iran a Common Threat
    http://sayyidali.com/news-analysis/n...on-threat.html
    That's the prime minister of Israel saying that, not some conspiracy theorist.

Time for Arab states to publicize their Israel ties, Netanyahu says
    Most moderate countries in region see Israel as ally, not enemy, PM tells visiting US Jewish leaders, urging more openness about covert contacts

http://www.timesofisrael.com/time-to...etanyahu-says/
    Saudi Prince: “I’ll Side With Israel” Against Palestinian Uprising, Iran
    https://www.breakingisraelnews.com/5...FZgEPD8QM1B.97
    This is why I say Ale-Saud has lost it's wisdom because of it's arrogance. Ale-Saud should blame itself not anyone else. When some Muslim countries and groups gather in Iran to try to remain united on the axis of Palestine, Ale-Saud tries to unite with Israel !

"""
    Despite the differences that exist among Islamic countries – some of these differences are natural, some originate from the enemy’s plot and the rest are because of negligence – the issue of Palestine can and should be the pivot of unity for all Islamic countries.
    """
    Our position on the Resistance is a fundamental position, one which has nothing to do with any particular group. We are with every group that is steadfast on this path and every group that abandons this path has drifted away from us. The depth of our relationship with groups involved in the Islamic Resistance is only dependent on the level of their commitment to the principle of the Resistance.
    http://www.leader.ir/en/content/1755...inian-Intifada
    """
    Note: I am a shia.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quoted
    328 Post(s)

OP sounds like a demented shia who failed Taqiyya 101.
    Spears shall be shaken! Shields shall be splintered! a sword day..a red day..ere the sun rises! Ride now! Ride now! Ride! Ride to ruin, and the world’s ending!

None of you truly believes until he loves for his brother what he loves for himself.”