Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    194 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5057 Post(s)

Nak and his craziness!

brothers and sisters,

For those who have patience and wish to see and hear the crazy antics of American Daees who are watering down and even twisting the Deen to please the masses...

https://youtu.be/OXM1pSAXudY

May Allah عز و جل save us from being Gullible sheep who follow such people blindly,

ameen

http://www.ilovepalestine.com/campai...imesinGaza.gif

"It does not befit the lion to answer the dogs."

– Imam al-Shafi’i (Rahimahullah)

Mentioned
    194 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5057 Post(s)

Re: Nak and his craziness!

I used to watch a lot of his videos, but the crazy stuff Nak has been preaching ...

Why do American Daees keep starting out good and then loose the plot?

Mentioned
    889 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2995 Post(s)

I make it an effort to not listen to Abu Mussab Wajdi Akkari (all he does is expose people and so I don't see the point of him), so what exactly is he saying here?
    مَّن ذَا الَّذِي يُقْرِضُ اللّهَ قَرْضًا حَسَنًا فَيُضَاعِفَهُ لَهُ أَضْعَافًا كَثِيرَةً وَاللّهُ يَقْبِضُ وَيَبْسُطُ وَإِلَيْهِ تُرْجَعُونَ

"Who is he that will loan to Allah a beautiful loan, which Allah will double unto his credit and multiply many times?
    It is Allah that giveth (you) Want or plenty, and to Him shall be your return."
    Surah al-Baqarah
    [2:245]

.:.
    .:. Perfer et Obdura : Dolor Hic Tibi Proderit Olim .:.
    Be patient and strong : someday this pain will be useful to you

...said the spider to the fly...

Please do not 'Rep'. Jzk. Fakhri's Avatar
    Mentioned
    226 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1293 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Saif-Uddin View Post
    I used to watch a lot of his videos, but the crazy stuff Nak has been preaching ...

Why do American Daees keep starting out good and then loose the plot?
    I haven't watched this video now but clicking on it,
    I may have watched it in the past. Hasn't this issue been bought up and cleared up on here and elsewhere?

Or is it something different?
    LAA ILAAHA ILLALLAH
    -------------------------------
    "And if you would count the graces of God, never could you be able to count them. Truly, God is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful." (Qur'aan 16:18)
    NOTE: Please kindly do NOT rep my posts. (Jazaa'akumullah).

ایک بار پکار کے تو دیکھو .mirror.'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3881 Post(s)

*sigh* Not this again. I don't have time to watch Abu Musab "refute" NAK for an hour, but going by the title, I am gonna guess this is regarding what was posted here: http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthrea...61#post7291261 ?
    Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
    - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2266 Post(s)

Rockstar Imams with blind followers. 100s of Facebook likes, teaching American Islam curriculum in return for a comfortable lifestyle and a passport. The 21st century style palace scholars

Quote Originally Posted by Pippin1376 View Post
    I make it an effort to not listen to Abu Mussab Wajdi Akkari (all he does is expose people and so I don't see the point of him), so what exactly is he saying here?
    That's an oxymoron
    Believe none of what you hear, and only half of what you see.

Mentioned
    889 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2995 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by InTheBegining View Post
    That's an oxymoron
    Exposing should have had quotation marks, but since it's 15mins over the edit time limit I couldn't fix it.

The majority of his videos is about how so and so is a deviant and how so and so is leading people astray. He then picks and chooses different parts, sometimes out of context, in order to push his own narrative. *shrugs* I just find it pointless, so I make a point in not paying attention to what he says. But that's just for me, if others wish to listen to him and learn from him then they can continue to do so.

I was just wondering what he said that made Saif decide to create this thread.
    مَّن ذَا الَّذِي يُقْرِضُ اللّهَ قَرْضًا حَسَنًا فَيُضَاعِفَهُ لَهُ أَضْعَافًا كَثِيرَةً وَاللّهُ يَقْبِضُ وَيَبْسُطُ وَإِلَيْهِ تُرْجَعُونَ

"Who is he that will loan to Allah a beautiful loan, which Allah will double unto his credit and multiply many times?
    Surah al-Baqarah

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2266 Post(s)

Exposing should have had quotation marks, but since it's 15mins over the edit time limit I couldn't fix it.

The majority of his videos is about how so and so is a deviant and how so and so is leading people astray. He then picks and chooses different parts, sometimes out of context, in order to push his own narrative. *shrugs* I just find it pointless, so I make a point in not paying attention to what he says. But that's just for me, if others wish to listen to him and learn from him then they can continue to do so.

Video explains it quite well.

Mentioned
    889 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2995 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by InTheBegining View Post
    Video explains it quite well.
    Can you tell me what it says?

Surah al-Baqarah

Mentioned
    194 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5057 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by .mirror. View Post

*sigh* Not this again. I don't have time to watch Abu Musab "refute" NAK for an hour, but going by the title, I am gonna guess this is regarding what was posted here: http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthrea...61#post7291261 ?
    You still believe all the Deviant stuff Nak said is Justified?

Duede he told a Porkie about a Sahaba radiallahu anhu, made up a hadith, follows Deviant teachers, who refuse to identify the source of a hadith, lol, and twists hadith, and then also said he isn't qualified to interpret hadith,

Complete conundrum

But fanboys and fangirls will follow l
    Last edited by Saif-Uddin; 12-02-17 at 05:00 AM.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3881 Post(s)

You still believe all the Deviant stuff Nak said is Justified?

Facepalm
    Maybe, if people weren't so gullible, everything won't appear deviant to them. But, hey, let's jump on the next guy and call him deviant. That's the trend.
    Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."

Mentioned
    194 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5057 Post(s)

Maybe, if people weren't so gullible, everything won't appear deviant to them. But, hey, let's jump on the next guy and call him deviant. That's the trend.
    Akhi he already admitted telling a hadith which doesn't exist, the pokiemon Hadith, also admitted he was warned by several Alims about it, then went to his mysterious Sheikh who refused to identify the source of this Hadith,

Clearly something is wrong here,

He also said and I heard it in his lectures that he isn't qualified to interpret hadith, but then he goes and twists hadith and gives wierd interpretations,

None of these things are Deviant, must all be ok ?

Nauzubillah

How many alarm bells need to ring before we can identify a Deviant?
    Last edited by Saif-Uddin; 12-02-17 at 05:19 AM.

Mentioned
    194 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5057 Post(s)

Video states what Nak said and what the hadith really say,

Exposes his Twisties and personal interpretation basically,

Do you want to a summary of the issues raised?

Mentioned
    194 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5057 Post(s)

https://youtu.be/PvbMyu3XEpk

Moosa Richardson exposes Nak, for those with an open mind listen to the content and ask yourself if the points made are valid,

And before anyone comes with the hate gun accusing me of hating nak, just be aware I have personally watched and listened to dozens of nak video and audio clips,

The concern is with what he's preaching to the public,

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3881 Post(s)

Akhi he already admitted telling a hadith which doesn't exist, the pokiemon Hadith, also admitted he was warned by several Alims about it, then went to his mysterious Sheikh who refused to identify the source of this Hadith,

Clearly something is wrong here,

He also said and I heard it in his lectures that he isn't qualified to interpret hadith, but then he goes and twists hadith and gives wierd interpretations,

None of these things are Deviant, must all be ok ?

Nauzubillah

How many alarm bells need to ring before we can identify a Deviant?
    The pokemon issue has been discussed to death and he apologized and clearly told everyone how, why, and where he got that hadith from. There is no "deviancy" about it. As for twisting hadith, don't you think it's a pretty big accusation to place on a Muslim that he is twisting hadiths? Maybe, it's you who misunderstood it?

And yes, many alarm bells need to ring before we can identify a deviant. At least, like around 70 alarm bells.

But, it seems to have become a hooby for some folks on Ummah and elsewhere to go around watching these "refutations" and "exposed" videos on YouTube and then calling people deviant. More often then not, it's the same people on YouTube doing these so-called "refutations." Seriously, people need to spend their time more wisely.

Mentioned
    194 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5057 Post(s)

The pokemon issue has been discussed to death and he apologized and clearly told everyone how, why, and where he got that hadith from. There is no "deviancy" about it. As for twisting hadith, don't you think it's a pretty big accusation to place on a Muslim that he is twisting hadiths? Maybe, it's you who misunderstood it?

And yes, many alarm bells need to ring before we can identify a deviant. At least, like around 70 alarm bells.

But, it seems to have become a hooby for some folks on Ummah and elsewhere to go around watching these "refutations" and "exposed" videos on YouTube and then calling people deviant. More often then not, it's the same people on YouTube doing these so-called "refutations." Seriously, people need to spend their time more wisely.
    Dude he didn't identify the "Sheikh" and the so called Sheikh refused to identify the non existent hadith,

All the whilst people like you were supporting him,

If he's teachers are dubious then we can expect alarm bells to ring,

Mentioned
    194 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5057 Post(s)

One of the things Nak said was...

Apparently you can do a deed sincerely for Allah and there's deeds which arnt sincerely for Allah عز و جل bit approved by Allah عز و جل,

Can someone explain this crazy confusion he's teaching, taking into consideration the Messenger صلى الله عليه و سلم said...

Ad-Dahhak reported: The Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, said, “Allah Almighty says: I am the best partner, for whoever associates another partner with me, then it is only done for the sake of my partner.” The Prophet said, “O people! Make your deeds sincere for Allah Almighty. Verily, Allah does not accept any deed unless it is sincerely for him Do not say: This is for the sake of Allah and this is for the sake of my relatives. Verily, it was done for your relatives and none of it was for Allah. And do not say: This is for the sake of Allah and for your sake. Verily, it was done for their sake and none of it was for Allah.”

( Sunan al-Dāraquṭnī )

Mentioned
    194 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5057 Post(s)

As an example of his personal interpretation of Hadith, which he claimed he wasn't qualified to do... Facepalm

If I recall correctly this is the hadith Nak Twisted to claim there's deeds approved by Allah, bit not for the sake of Allah,

Abu Huraira reported: The Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, said, “A man suffered from thirst while he was walking on a journey. When he found a well, he climbed down into it and drank from it. Then he came out and saw a dog lolling its tongue from thirst and licking the ground. The man said: This dog has suffered thirst just as I have suffered from it. He climbed down into the well, filled his shoe with water, and caught it in his mouth as he climbed up. Then he gave the dog a drink. Allah appreciated this deed, so he forgave him.”

It was said, “O Messenger of Allah, is there a reward for charity even for the animals?” The Prophet said, “In every living being there is a reward for charity.”

Source: Ṣaḥīḥ al-Bukhārī 5663, Ṣaḥīḥ Muslim 2244

The amount of craziness is borderline insane,

We all know that without Imaan you can't enter Jannah,

But this man apparently didn't do the good deed for Allah عز و جل sake and attained forgiveness,

And this isn't even Taking into consideration the hadith cited previously,

Facepalm
    Last edited by Saif-Uddin; 12-02-17 at 06:01 AM.

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3514 Post(s)

The funny thing is that his fanboys have no problem listening to long lectures by him and and other american deviant modernist preachers, then when it comes to listening to a fair refutation, all sorts of excuses make their way forward

Don't be surprised if the modernist inclined mods close this thread
    ''If the bedouins and city dwellers were to fight between themselves until they wipe each other out, it will surely be less significant than them appointing a taghoot in the land which rules by that which is against the Shari'ah of Islaam which Allah sent his Messenger ﷺ with'' - Sheikh Sulayman bin Sahmaan

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2266 Post(s)

When does giving excuses constantly become being part of the sin?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    64 Post(s)

This is false. You've probably only seen the old controversial snippets of his videos. If you'd truly like to see what he preaches, you should at least visit his channel before making such a judgement.

Abu Mussab will himself agree that much of the manner in which he spoke was immature and unwise, but a lot of his work is still beneficial. His criticism of NAK is fair in the recent video.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    64 Post(s)

For the record, I really like NAK. He was a really positive influence early on and I was even subscribed to Bayyinah TV for a long time. I still listen to some of his old lectures and even attended one of his story nights recently. But I can not deny that he has been saying some very strange or incorrect things recently. I would not recommend anyone to listen to his more recent talks (in the past couple of years). Some of the things he said at that last story night were especially disappointing...
    Last edited by Abu Zaytun; 12-02-17 at 01:20 PM.

Mentioned
    889 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2995 Post(s)
    As an example of his personal interpretation of Hadith, which he claimed he wasn't qualified to do... Facepalm

If I recall correctly this is the hadith Nak Twisted to claim there's deeds approved by Allah, bit not for the sake of Allah,

Abu Huraira reported: The Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, said, “A man suffered from thirst while he was walking on a journey. When he found a well, he climbed down into it and drank from it. Then he came out and saw a dog lolling its tongue from thirst and licking the ground. The man said: This dog has suffered thirst just as I have suffered from it. He climbed down into the well, filled his shoe with water, and caught it in his mouth as he climbed up. Then he gave the dog a drink. Allah appreciated this deed, so he forgave him.”

It was said, “O Messenger of Allah, is there a reward for charity even for the animals?” The Prophet said, “In every living being there is a reward for charity.”

Source: Ṣaḥīḥ al-Bukhārī 5663, Ṣaḥīḥ Muslim 2244

The amount of craziness is borderline insane,

But this man apparently didn't do the good deed for Allah عز و جل sake and attained forgiveness,

And this isn't even Taking into consideration the hadith cited previously,

Facepalm
    Akhi, I don't understand what you're saying here. The man in the hadith was thirsty and saw a dog in the same predicament. He gave water and through that act Allah forgave him. If he made the intention to do it for the sake of Allah and forgiveness, then the Prophet (SAW) would have mentioned it. But he did a good act for the sake of doing a good act and we all know that Allah reward good acts.

Even non Muslims who do good acts are rewarded by Allah and they're not doing it for His Sake. Allah simply loves good, which is why out of His Mercy the same non-Muslims who did tons of good acts get to keep them when they become Muslims.

I'll give a better example though. When you hold the door open for someone are you doing this for the sake of Allah or are you doing it to just be nice? You may forget Allah in that moment, but Allah didn't forget you and will still reward you for that good act. That's the beauty of this deen and what makes every good act, regardless of how big or small it may be, such a beautiful one.

Another example, that mirror mentioned above, when we're intimate with our spouses are we thinking about Allah in that moment? I'm going to assume for most we're not, but we're still rewarded because it's halal; and therefore, good.

This isn't about defending NAK, but if this is the hadith that is being refuted and exposed then people are not seeing the picture here.

Quote Originally Posted by Abu Zaytun View Post
    This is false. You've probably only seen the old controversial snippets of his videos. If you'd truly like to see what he preaches, you should at least visit his channel before making such a judgement.

Abu Mussab will himself agree that much of the manner in which he spoke was immature and unwise, but a lot of his work is still beneficial. His criticism of NAK is fair in the recent video.
    This is my own bias akhi and I'm aware of that, but every time I see his name on this forum it's about exposing someone or refuting them.

Surah al-Baqarah

Muslim
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1753 Post(s)

Too long a video to watch tbh

If it's about pokiemon then he has apologized. To bring it up after he apologized then you have a deviant heart.

For some people this is sports and games . May Allah guide those who have madkhali tendencies.

I stopped listening to abu Musab when he called Islamic Awakening - satanic awakening due to not being able to reply to the refutations made against his attack on the ahnaf.
    Not saying he's a deviant or should not be followed, he's just not my cup of tea. Too "salafi" for me.

Mentioned
    194 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5057 Post(s)

Akhi, I don't understand what you're saying here. The man in the hadith was thirsty and saw a dog in the same predicament. He gave water and through that act Allah forgave him. If he made the intention to do it for the sake of Allah and forgiveness, then the Prophet (SAW) would have mentioned it. But he did a good act for the sake of doing a good act and we all know that Allah reward good acts.

Even non Muslims who do good acts are rewarded by Allah and they're not doing it for His Sake. Allah simply loves good, which is why out of His Mercy the same non-Muslims who did tons of good acts get to keep them when they become Muslims.

I'll give a better example though. When you hold the door open for someone are you doing this for the sake of Allah or are you doing it to just be nice? You may forget Allah in that moment, but Allah didn't forget you and will still reward you for that good act. That's the beauty of this deen and what makes every good act, regardless of how big or small it may be, such a beautiful one.

Another example, that mirror mentioned above, when we're intimate with our spouses are we thinking about Allah in that moment? I'm going to assume for most we're not, but we're still rewarded because it's halal; and therefore, good.

This isn't about defending NAK, but if this is the hadith that is being refuted and exposed then people are not seeing the picture here.

This is my own bias akhi and I'm aware of that, but every time I see his name on this forum it's about exposing someone or refuting them.
    I thought I made it clear

Nak used that Hadith and made Mickey mouse interpretation, trying to say this proves there is actions not for Allah but approved by Allah

Which is utter Nonsense

A person does not acquire the Maghfira of Allah عز و جل without doing a deed sincerely for his sake, and without Imaan

Non Muslims who do good deed get recompensed in Dunya, them don't get no reward n the Akhira,

Mentioned
    194 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5057 Post(s)

I thought I made it clear

Nak used that Hadith and made Mickey mouse interpretation, trying to say this proves there is actions not for Allah but approved by Allah

Which is utter Nonsense

A person does not acquire the Maghfira of Allah عز و جل without doing a deed sincerely for his sake, and without Imaan

Non Muslims who do good deed get recompensed in Dunya, them don't get no reward n the Akhira,
    Just to add pippin he was speaking to Muslims,

So tell them it's ok to do deeds for other than Allah عز و جل and them Claim it's approved by Allah عز و جل is utter Nonsense,

Hadith Explicitly tells us we (Muslims)

"Make your deeds sincere for Allah Almighty. Verily, Allah does not accept any deed unless it is sincerely for him"

Refer to post 17.

And incase your wondering the hadith cited is authentic/Sahih

Mentioned
    336 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3515 Post(s)

Abu Mus'ab has a right to be angry here and upset. And that is what this video is about.

NAK, in his one of his latest lectures, mocks people who are sincere to Allah in everything they do, misquotes a hadeeth or two, and goes against well-known principles in Islam.

Abu Mus'ab's lecture is called "For Whose Sake?" because NAK claims that not everything is supposed to be for the sake of Allah and claims that the hadeeth of the man (or woman) who went down a well to get water for a dog (and was thus forgiven by Allah for that act alone) -- he did not say before he went down to the well: "This is for you O Allah!" which proves that we shouldn't be so extreme. We should just keep it cool and stop mentioning Allah all the time (he did not say this but this was his message). We don't smile in the face of our brother for Allah, we don't have relations with our spouse for Allah (although there is a hadeeth which says we should say bismillah), among other things.

So this was Abu Mus'ab's refutation of that.

NAK is trying to bring out new principles and he gives comments about ahadeeth that have never before been seen or heard in the Ummah. For what I see, Abu Mus'ab is not sticking up for Salafiyyah here or any other group, but he is sticking up for none other than Allah and being sincere to Allah. And Allah knows best.
    Last edited by A.Basheer; 13-02-17 at 07:47 AM.

Mentioned
    336 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3515 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AmantuBillahi View Post
    Too long a video to watch tbh

If it's about pokiemon then he has apologized. To bring it up after he apologized then you have a deviant heart.

For some people this is sports and games . May Allah guide those who have madkhali tendencies.

I stopped listening to abu Musab when he called Islamic Awakening - satanic awakening due to not being able to reply to the refutations made against his attack on the ahnaf.
    Not saying he's a deviant or should not be followed, he's just not my cup of tea. Too "salafi" for me.
    You do realize that your dislike of "Salafis" is just a cover for your dislike of the Sunnah?

Trimmed beards and free mixing and promoting academia and giving all importance to it? Is this what is blinding you people?

You think they are too extreme and they refute everyone and they call everything bid'ah... and then you quote and promote individuals who want to interpret the texts of Islam to fit in with American culture... but you do realize that if the Sahabah were alive, they would be doing exactly the same thing you have an aversion for?

And no I am not a Salafi and no I do not follow a cult or group.

Muslim
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1753 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by A.Basheer View Post
    You do realize that your dislike of "Salafis" is just a cover for your dislike of the Sunnah?

Trimmed beards and free mixing and promoting academia and giving all importance to it? Is this what is blinding you people?

You think they are too extreme and they refute everyone and they call everything bid'ah... and then you quote and promote individuals who want to interpret the texts of Islam to fit in with American culture... but you do realize that if the Sahabah were alive, they would be doing exactly the same thing you have an aversion for?

And no I am not a Salafi and no I do not follow a cult or group.
    If I take your words literally then you are calling me a Kaffir? Can a muslim dislike the Sunnah? Can you dislike the Quran? If not then how can you dislike the Sunnah?

What I dislike is black and white interpretation of the Quran / Sunnah often exhibited by the majority of salafis (65%+)
    I also dislike the methodology of the madkhali salafi madhab and those who follow their way. Picking on trivial issues and falsely assuming things about their brothers in faith. This is a disease and a plague in the ummah. These people have black in their heart not nur. They are more merciful with the kuffar. I'm talking about the madkhali not abu Musab. Abu Musab just has madkhali traits but in reality they refute him and he refutes them.

I would rather sit with tablighi jamaat then the average salafi who refutes every minor / false accusation.

To each their own , I'm trying to keep what little good deeds I have - thank you very much , I'm not in high school anymore .

SUFI HANAFI
    Mentioned
    497 Post(s)
    Quoted
    8563 Post(s)

You do realize that your dislike of "Salafis" is just a cover for your dislike of the Sunnah?...
    AB is closer to being a Salafi than anything else.

Mentioned
    336 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3515 Post(s)

If I take your words literally then you are calling me a Kaffir? Can a muslim dislike the Sunnah? Can you dislike the Quran? If not then how can you dislike the Sunnah?

What I dislike is black and white interpretation of the Quran / Sunnah often exhibited by the majority of salafis (65%+)
    I also dislike the methodology of the madkhali salafi madhab and those who follow their way. Picking on trivial issues and falsely assuming things about their brothers in faith. This is a disease and a plague in the ummah. These people have black in their heart not nur. They are more merciful with the kuffar. I'm talking about the madkhali not abu Musab. Abu Musab just has madkhali traits but in reality they refute him and he refutes them.

I would rather sit with tablighi jamaat then the average salafi who refutes every minor / false accusation.

To each their own , I'm trying to keep what little good deeds I have - thank you very much , I'm not in high school anymore .
    What else is plaguing the American da'ees and their massive following except being blinded by the names and titles, poetry and eloquent speech. The scholars are just some stooges living in Arabia with towels on their heads who know nothing but the books, but we, we are the ones who got it right with our suits and trimmed beards and phds?

Anyone who comes to know of the authentic Sunnah but turns away from it and instead takes the likes of the above described people as their source of knowledge and way of Deen is averse to the Sunnah. They see gender segregation, niqab, women sitting at home, men growing their beards fully, warning against innovation and calling to tawheed -- all of this they see as extreme or not acceptable in today's time. But it is all the Sunnah.

And no, refutation is not a Salafi thing rather it is a part of forbidding the evil. It must however be done with etiquette.

Mentioned
    336 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3515 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abu 'Abdullaah View Post
    AB is closer to being a Salafi than anything else.
    My apologies to him for the harshness and I am done here.

But this American Islam and labeling others who follow the authentic version of Islam as Salafi or other terms is not acceptable.

Muslim
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1753 Post(s)

What else is plaguing the American da'ees and their massive following except being blinded by the names and titles, poetry and eloquent speech. The scholars are just some stooges living in Arabia with towels on their heads who know nothing but the books, but we, we are the ones who got it right with our suits and trimmed beards and phds?

Anyone who comes to know of the authentic Sunnah but turns away from it and instead takes the likes of the above described people as their source of knowledge and way of Deen is averse to the Sunnah. They see gender segregation, niqab, women sitting at home, men growing their beards fully, warning against innovation and calling to tawheed -- all of this they see as extreme or not acceptable in today's time. But it is all the Sunnah.

And no, refutation is not a Salafi thing rather it is a part of forbidding the evil. It must however be done with etiquette.
    Assalamu alaykom

So it seems you assume the American du'at have no scholars backing them. Do you think every muslim must follow the saudi salafi scholars? You know we have many scholars in the world right ? Not all of them are hanbali nor are they on a government payroll. These scholars are on the ground in the west analyzing the situation.

Ibn al qayyim said something along the lines that who ever issues the same fatwa at every time is ignorant. Just like you dont give the same medicine to every patient. Place / time / person / level of knowledge is taken in to consideration.

You also keep bringing up trimming beards which is an issue in furoo' , there's ikhtilaf on lihya and whether it is haram to trim it. Speak to a shafi'i scholar(not website but full fledged scholar) to understand the matter.

I would say refuting someone on an issue where difference of opinion is permitted (ijtihad has been done) is something the laymen shouldn't be involved in and what the scholars do should be to themselves.

By the way im not specifically defending NAK, other than him apologizing for what has been said on this thread which means anyone with taqwa must refrain from bringing it up or else it is clear their hearts are tainted

People should be refuted by scholars for their clear deviance in which no difference of opinion is even possible. If they retun to ahlus sunnah then they should be celebrated as brother Nouman has (in that case)

Wa Allahu alaam

Mentioned
    194 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5057 Post(s)

Assalamu alaykom

So it seems you assume the American du'at have no scholars backing them. Do you think every muslim must follow the saudi salafi scholars? You know we have many scholars in the world right ? Not all of them are hanbali nor are they on a government payroll. These scholars are on the ground in the west analyzing the situation.

Ibn al qayyim said something along the lines that who ever issues the same fatwa at every time is ignorant. Just like you dont give the same medicine to every patient. Place / time / person / level of knowledge is taken in to consideration.

You also keep bringing up trimming beards which is an issue in furoo' , there's ikhtilaf on lihya and whether it is haram to trim it. Speak to a shafi'i scholar(not website but full fledged scholar) to understand the matter.

I would say refuting someone on an issue where difference of opinion is permitted (ijtihad has been done) is something the laymen shouldn't be involved in and what the scholars do should be to themselves.

By the way im not specifically defending NAK, other than him apologizing for what has been said on this thread which means anyone with taqwa must refrain from bringing it up or else it is clear their hearts are tainted

People should be refuted by scholars for their clear deviance in which no difference of opinion is even possible. If they retun to ahlus sunnah then they should be celebrated as brother Nouman has (in that case)

Wa Allahu alaam
    The problem is we have fanboys and fangirls following Nak, Hamza Yusuf, Yasir Qadhi, Shueb Webb,

All of whom have been caught red handed watering down the message of Islam or twisting it, or worse even lying in public, mocking the Sahaba radiallahu anhum, mockin/belittling major aspects of Islam such as Aqeedah etc...

You cant expect such devilish behaviour to go unnoticed,
    Last edited by Saif-Uddin; 14-02-17 at 12:15 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quoted
    250 Post(s)

So he admitted he was wrong? Then isn't this a dead issue.
    Dude he didn't identify the "Sheikh" and the so called Sheikh refused to identify the non existent hadith,
    Why should he. He said the wrong thing to his listeners, took responsibility for it and told everyone he was wrong.
    No, we don't know this at all. Entering Jannah is at the mercy of Allah SWT only. We can't speak for him, or claim to know what he knows, or who has earned his mercy.

Account Disabled

Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2864 Post(s)

One right does not fix all your wrongs

I personally avoid certain speakers because of all the valid criticism surrounding them.

And why eat from the rotten apple when you can eat from the fresh and ripe?

Mentioned
    889 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2995 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by zantz View Post
    One right does not fix all your wrongs

I personally avoid certain speakers because of all the valid criticism surrounding them.

And why eat from the rotten apple when you can eat from the fresh and ripe?
    That's strange.

It seems like on this forum one wrong invalidates all of the good that the speaker did before. Even if they seek forgiveness and correct their mistake, we still make threads about how horrible they are.

The crazy thing is that this type of behaviour is what can get a woman sent to hell....not saying that this is happening here, but this isn't a matter of one good act erasing the bad. It's a mistake that was corrected, but still criticized. Humans are like that though, but it's amazing that Allah can take one good act and erase all the bad. (case in point being the two hadiths about the dogs and water) SubhanAllah.

Surah al-Baqarah

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quoted
    254 Post(s)

I disagree severely and respectfully with NAK. Two people can do same good act and have different intentions. You do not really have to all the time think about intention. Just having a broad intention is enough. That when I go to my wife, I want Allah to reward me for keeping halal myself, helping her keep halal and procreating for his sake. This broader intention is sufficient. No need to always say certain phrases before the act. Such a person is certainly better than someone who does not have these intentions in mind to begin with.
    He is just mocking having intention specifically and that tone is not good.

Theologically, your good actions may be reward by themselves but if they are appended by superior intentions then reward may multiply. I do not see why NAK has to condemn the approach of having intentions. Its just his funny sarcastic tone that does not sit well with me.

Account Disabled

Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2864 Post(s)

[QUOTE=Pippin1376;7328696]That's strange. @Pippin1376

That is not even close to the same thing.

But im not gonna bother arguing if I think it'll lead to nowhere