Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    185 Post(s)

Rawdah new proposed plan for sisters

The number of sisters will be divided into small groups. Each group will be allowed to stay in the rawdah for maximum 5 minutes.

Sisters rawdah entrance is gate 25 (northern side of the masjid an nabwi)

Rawdah opening times for sisters;

After fajr
    After duhur
    After isha

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    76 Post(s)

Re: Rawdah new proposed plan for sisters

Quote Originally Posted by taqwa435 View Post
    The number of sisters will be divided into small groups. Each group will be allowed to stay in the rawdah for maximum 5 minutes.

Sisters rawdah entrance is gate 25 (northern side of the masjid an nabwi)

Rawdah opening times for sisters;

After fajr
    After duhur
    After isha
    Thanks for this

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    185 Post(s)

Also its recommended for sisters who want to visit the rawadah to pray salaah in the rawdah area and then remain seated until the gates open for the rawdah...the gates open around 1hr after salah rather than trying to get in after salah time.

Sisters go through gate 25 and walk straight ahead and through the 'sisters with no children' area.

Also no children are allowed in the rawdah

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quoted
    250 Post(s)

Are we still going to be grouped by ethnicity?

"Pakistan, India, Bangladesh idhur behtoh".

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    185 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ikki View Post
    Are we still going to be grouped by ethnicity?

"Pakistan, India, Bangladesh idhur behtoh".
    Most likely yes. Its for the best :/

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quoted
    250 Post(s)

Most likely yes. Its for the best :/
    How?

Why don't they just let women go in in groups of 20 or whatever. First come first serve. The first 20 women in the line go through, then the next etc. Better still have a ticket system. Numbers 1 - 20 in. Then they get put out, numbers 21-40 etc.

Half the confusion is when they spend hours making the groups sit by ethnicity and then they choose which one goes in first. It's just racist and the likeliest cause of the chaos that ensues.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    185 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ikki View Post
    How?

Why don't they just let women go in in groups of 20 or whatever. First come first serve. The first 20 women in the line go through, then the next etc. Better still have a ticket system. Numbers 1 - 20 in. Then they get put out, numbers 21-40 etc.

Half the confusion is when they spend hours making the groups sit by ethnicity and then they choose which one goes in first. It's just racist and the likeliest cause of the chaos that ensues.

No such thing as ticket system in saudia. In some ways the country is still very much under developed.

The female guides don't spend hours making groups, the groups are organised for the pre seminar before entering the rawdah which is based on common languages spoken. Arabic Urdu malay and turkiya. Also, it takes the male helpers/guides around 1.5hrs to close part of the rawdah for sisters to enter.* So in that time a pre lecture is given by the religious female guides on the etiquette/manners when entering the rawadah . Its nothing personal.

When the rawadha gates open, whichever gate number opens first, i can assure its the asian women who reach the rawadah first.

There is nothing racist, if asian women behaved themselves and followed the proper guidelines/instructions, they wouldn't feel targeted.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quoted
    250 Post(s)

No such thing as ticket system in saudia. In some ways the country is still very much under developed.

The female guides don't spend hours making groups, the groups are organised for the pre seminar before entering the rawdah which is based on common languages spoken. Arabic Urdu malay and turkiya. Also, it takes the male helpers/guides around 1.5hrs to close part of the rawdah for sisters to enter.* So in that time a pre lecture is given by the religious female guides on the etiquette/manners when entering the rawadah . Its nothing personal.

When the rawadha gates open, whichever gate number opens first, i can assure its the asian women who reach the rawadah first.

There is nothing racist, if asian women behaved themselves and followed the proper guidelines/instructions, they wouldn't feel targeted.
    The flaw in the plan is of course that there isn't one language that's spoken between india, pakistan and bangladesh. A Pakistani might be able to understand most of the hindi that's spoken, or and indian might understand the urdu that's spoken. But when they group the bangladeshi women in there then it sends a message to all the women that you're just being racially profiled. It's the hugest group, and then there's one woman with a microphone rattling off a prepared speech that most can't hear, and few can understand. If they were grouped by language it would actaually make sense. As it stands, it's just offensive.

I've been a couple of times, and there is a general lack of trust on the female guides. They need to work on their people skills. I'm saying that as someone who deals with conferencing and moving hundreds of people around. It's not quantatively on the same level, but the majority of crowd control is best done in the heads of the visitors. If you visitors don't trust you, feel slighted by an illogical grouping, have to wait hours for a venue to be set up and are kept in the dark about progress, then the organisers have some work to do. That's just bad hosting.

Treating people less like cattle would help in compliance with the rules. Being able to hear the rules would help. Being kept up to date on progress of setting up will also help.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    185 Post(s)

IMG_20171014_180832.jpg

Longer opening times alhamdulilah

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quoted
    277 Post(s)

no pushing(Same goes for brothers)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    40 Post(s)

IMG_20171014_180832.jpg

Longer opening times alhamdulilah
    Alhumdulillah
    Recognizing that improvements can be made is the first step.
    I hope along with the extended times, they have some other processes they've implemented. And the 'first' group can be rotated that once it's this region/language people, the next time a different one, etc. These broader windows of time can be divided into segments where batches/groups are allowed to go in. Etc

This past Ramadan, the time for women's was shortened, and sporadic (at times not even allowing women in).

Alhumdulillah and thanks for sharing.
    My mom's going to be happy.

Mentioned
    604 Post(s)
    Quoted
    9198 Post(s)

Whats rawdah
    يَٰٓأَيُّهَا ٱلنَّاسُ ٱعْبُدُوا۟ رَبَّكُمُ ٱلَّذِى خَلَقَكُمْ وَٱلَّذِينَ مِن قَبْلِكُمْ لَعَلَّكُمْ تَتَّقُونَ

O mankind, worship your Lord, who created you and those before you, that you may become righteous

Surah Al Baqarah ayah 21

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    40 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aynina View Post
    Whats rawdah
    The resting place of the Prophet SAW

There's the Masjid-Nabawi.
    In it, under the green domed area, is his resting place.

So these are timings women are allowed to go deeper in the masjid (instead of just praying) to the his resting place area.

Mentioned
    604 Post(s)
    Quoted
    9198 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lazy View Post
    The resting place of the Prophet SAW

There's the Masjid-Nabawi.
    In it, under the green domed area, is his resting place.

So these are timings women are allowed to go deeper in the masjid (instead of just praying) to the his resting place area.
    But woman arent allowed to visit graves?
    يَٰٓأَيُّهَا ٱلنَّاسُ ٱعْبُدُوا۟ رَبَّكُمُ ٱلَّذِى خَلَقَكُمْ وَٱلَّذِينَ مِن قَبْلِكُمْ لَعَلَّكُمْ تَتَّقُونَ

O mankind, worship your Lord, who created you and those before you, that you may become righteous

Surah Al Baqarah ayah 21

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    40 Post(s)

For my part,
    I'm going to keep the thread on-topic of going for Umrah and Hajj as this forum intends.

I'm sure there are other forums, perhaps on this site or on other sites, where scholars can address this question, and provide background on differing opinions and such.

taqwa bhai - thanks for sharing this logistical info.
    Allah give you ajar

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quoted
    361 Post(s)

For my part,
    I'm going to keep the thread on-topic of going for Umrah and Hajj as this forum intends.

I'm sure there are other forums, perhaps on this site or on other sites, where scholars can address this question, and provide background on differing opinions and such.

taqwa bhai - thanks for sharing this logistical info.
    Allah give you ajar
    :

nonono: Taqwa is NOT a bhai. Taqwa is a sister.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    40 Post(s)

my apologies taqwa435 behenji

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quoted
    277 Post(s)

But woman arent allowed to visit graves?
    I'm not sure what you are getting at, but there is no issue in going to the rawda for women. It's the green carpet area.

Narrated `Abdullah bin Zaid Al-Mazini:

Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) said, "Between my house and the pulpit there is a garden of the gardens of Paradise."

https://sunnah.com/bukhari/20/7

https://english.alarabiya.net/articl...26/228561.htmlBelow taken from wikipedia
    Rawdah[edit]

The Rawdah (literally "garden") is an area between the minbar and burial chamber of Muhammad. It is regarded as one of the gardens of paradise (riad al-jannah).[45][10][46] A green carpet distinguishes the area from the rest of the mosque, which is covered in red carpet.
    Pilgrims attempt to visit the confines of the area, for there is a tradition that supplications and prayers uttered here are never rejected. Access into the area is not always possible, especially during the Hajj season, as the space can only accommodate a few hundred people.[46]

Mentioned
    604 Post(s)
    Quoted
    9198 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MuslimThinker View Post
    I'm not sure what you are getting at, but there is no issue in going to the rawda for women. It's the green carpet area.

[FONT="]Narrated `Abdullah bin Zaid Al-Mazini:
    [/FONT]

[FONT="]Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) said, "Between my house and the pulpit there is a garden of the gardens of Paradise."
    [/FONT]

https://sunnah.com/bukhari/20/7

https://english.alarabiya.net/articl...26/228561.htmlBelow taken from wikipedia
    Rawdah[edit]

The Rawdah (literally "garden") is an area between the minbar and burial chamber of Muhammad. It is regarded as one of the gardens of paradise (riad al-jannah).[45][10][46] A green carpet distinguishes the area from the rest of the mosque, which is covered in red carpet.
    Pilgrims attempt to visit the confines of the area, for there is a tradition that supplications and prayers uttered here are never rejected. Access into the area is not always possible, especially during the Hajj season, as the space can only accommodate a few hundred people.[46]

Bc lazy said this is the resting place of muhammad saws i assumed grave. Sorry brother but i have a hard time understanding a green carpet is like jannah, theres not even real grass?

Sorry to sound ignorant

Surah Al Baqarah ayah 21

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quoted
    277 Post(s)

Bc lazy said this is the resting place of muhammad saws i assumed grave. Sorry brother but i have a hard time understanding a green carpet is like jannah, theres not even real grass? Sorry to sound ignorant
    I apologise too if I sounded offensive or attacking to your post. (from my earlier post) The green carpet is actually to differentiate between the area between the non-rawdah area and the rawdah area. So that when people come to that area, they will know where it is. Easier for people. That green carpet area is not his grave, his resting place is near that area/ beside it. His resting place is in a room. I was thinking earlier about the part about where you mentioned with regards to women visit graves, my response was even if there is a discussion on it, these 2 that we have mentioned are 2 separate things. Im sure there is an explanation to these matter, but I'm not good at it, this concern that you have. This rawdah area is totally covered and not viewable from the men's side.

Mentioned
    604 Post(s)
    Quoted
    9198 Post(s)

I apologise too if I sounded offensive or attacking to your post. (from my earlier post) The green carpet is actually to differentiate between the area between the non-rawdah area and the rawdah area. So that when people come to that area, they will know where it is. Easier for people. That green carpet area is not his grave, his resting place is near that area/ beside it. His resting place is in a room. I was thinking earlier about the part about where you mentioned with regards to women visit graves, my response was even if there is a discussion on it, these 2 that we have mentioned are 2 separate things. Im sure there is an explanation to these matter, but I'm not good at it, this concern that you have. This rawdah area is totally covered and not viewable from the men's side.
    Oh so men dont go to the rawdah area at all?

Surah Al Baqarah ayah 21

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quoted
    277 Post(s)

Oh so men dont go to the rawdah area at all?
    Sorry, what I meant is the rawdah is separate into 2 parts, the women's area is not viewable from the men's side and vice versa.
    But i knew they were right behind us.

And as extra info, inside rawdah and around the area there are pillars in the mosque that mark the historic events that took place or of significance.
    Imagine being in the same place as where our Prophet might have been. It's quite the feeling.

Its a very good experience, you should go if you haven't been too.

Alhamdulilah.

Mentioned
    604 Post(s)
    Quoted
    9198 Post(s)

Sorry, what I meant is the rawdah is separate into 2 parts, the women's area is not viewable from the men's side and vice versa.
    But i knew they were right behind us.

And as extra info, inside rawdah and around the area there are pillars in the mosque that mark the historic events that took place or of significance.
    Imagine being in the same place as where our Prophet might have been. It's quite the feeling.

Its a very good experience, you should go if you haven't been too.

Alhamdulilah.
    Yea subhaNallah in sha allah i can go one day

Surah Al Baqarah ayah 21

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    185 Post(s)

New longer timings alhamdulilah

7am - 10am

1pm - 3pm

After Isha until 12am.

Gate 25 B & C
    Uthman ibn Affan door

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    185 Post(s)

Duplicate post

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    40 Post(s)

New longer timings alhamdulilah

7am - 10am

1pm - 3pm

After Isha until 12am.

Gate 25 B & C
    Uthman ibn Affan door
    As always, thanks for the update.
    Seems morning time has actually decreased since the last update further below which had showed 7am-11:30am.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    185 Post(s)

As always, thanks for the update.
    Seems morning time has actually decreased since the last update further below which had showed 7am-11:30am.
    Thats incorrect #saudisforya

Until 10am.