Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Participate in the Ummah Forum Qur'aan Recitation Competition! Details here

Ads by Muslim Ad Network


Results 1 to 18 of 18
  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Gender
    Girl Female
    Posts
    118
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    91 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    6

    What's your favorite ethnic food

    I'm looking for ethnic food ideas like Arabic, Turkish, Pakistani, etc. so I can find their recipes for my recipe board on pinterest
    Bismillaahir Rahmaanir Raheem. Qul a'uzoo bi rabbil-falaq. Min sharri ma khalaq. Wa min sharri ghasiqin iza waqab. Wa min sharrin-naffaa-saati fil 'uqad. Wa min shar ri haasidin iza hasad.

  2. #2
    Alhamdulilah eesa the kiwi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    7,785
    Mentioned
    295 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2608 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    618

    Re: What's your favorite ethnic food

    :
    Cliche I know but for me it's probably Indian. When I embraced Islam I met up with these Indian brothers once a week to learn salah etc and they usually brought something their wife cooked. It was nearly impossible for me to get halal meat at the time so sometimes it was the only meat I'd had all week so I still have a soft spot

    Other than that Afghan food is pretty tasty and the stuff the African brothers cook at the masjid is really nice. They make this spicy sauce with chopped up chillies that is like my second favorite sauce on earth alhamdulilah

    European food is what i grew up with and is what i usually cook for myself so it's normal for me but you guys coming from other cultures might find it exotic I don't know. Google pavlova for a delicious dessert
    "Patience is like it's name, it's taste is bitter
    But the end results are sweeter than honey

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Gender
    Girl Female
    Posts
    118
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    91 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    6

    Re: What's your favorite ethnic food

    Quote Originally Posted by eesa the kiwi View Post
    :
    Cliche I know but for me it's probably Indian. When I embraced Islam I met up with these Indian brothers once a week to learn salah etc and they usually brought something their wife cooked. It was nearly impossible for me to get halal meat at the time so sometimes it was the only meat I'd had all week so I still have a soft spot

    Other than that Afghan food is pretty tasty and the stuff the African brothers cook at the masjid is really nice. They make this spicy sauce with chopped up chillies that is like my second favorite sauce on earth alhamdulilah

    European food is what i grew up with and is what i usually cook for myself so it's normal for me but you guys coming from other cultures might find it exotic I don't know. Google pavlova for a delicious dessert
    Do you know the names of these dishes? I've saved a few south Asian recipes like biryani and lamb korma, they look delicious.
    Bismillaahir Rahmaanir Raheem. Qul a'uzoo bi rabbil-falaq. Min sharri ma khalaq. Wa min sharri ghasiqin iza waqab. Wa min sharrin-naffaa-saati fil 'uqad. Wa min shar ri haasidin iza hasad.

  4. #4
    New Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Gender
    Girl Female
    Posts
    16
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    13

    Re: What's your favorite ethnic food

    Quote Originally Posted by airhead View Post
    I'm looking for ethnic food ideas like Arabic, Turkish, Pakistani, etc. so I can find their recipes for my recipe board on pinterest
    Try Indonesian. Many brothers and sisters don't know the food from the biggest Muslim country

    Satay with peanut sauce (chicken from Java):img_2425.jpg

    Tempeh (soy bean, from Java)Sate-Tempe-Bumbu.jpg

    Rendang (spicy beef, from Sumatra)rendang-padang.jpg

    Cendol (cold sweet drink, from Java, maybe Chinese influence)cendol-at-Simpang-Asia.jpg

    As we say in Indonesian... ENAK!
    Attached Images Attached Images

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    405
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quoted
    98 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    60

    Re: What's your favorite ethnic food

    My favorite cuisine is Egyptian/Arab/Turkish AL-HAMDU ILLAH RABBIL ALAMEEN wa ma’shaa’ALLAH

    Hamam Mahshi which is an Egyptian countryside dish

    Hamam means the Pigeon bird

    Mahshi Stuffed

    Here is a link about Hamam Mahshi http://www.theatlantic.com/health/ar...-pigeon/66393/

    Lamb Fatteh which is another Egyptian Dish.

    Lamb Mandi found in Egypt https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mandi_%28food%29



    Last edited by ABDEL-AZEEM; 08-01-17 at 08:31 PM.
    ALLAH AL-AZEEM is the one and only GOD and ALLAH AL-AZEEM created everything. Therefore ALLAH AL-AZEEM created the Earth and created everything in the Earth and created all of the heavens and created everything in all of the heavens and created all of the hells and created everything in all of the hells and created all of the universes and created everything in all of the universes and created everything in between them.

  6. #6
    Senior Member neelu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Gender
    Girl Female
    Posts
    10,457
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Quoted
    702 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    389

    Re: What's your favorite ethnic food

    Brother I don't understand your rep. Did you say that just as a general comment about modern society or were you hoping it could be raised as a topic on the show?

    Quote Originally Posted by ABDEL-AZEEM View Post
    Hamam Mahshi which is an Egyptian countryside dish

    Hamam means the Pigeon bird

    Mahshi Stuffed

    Here is a link about Hamam Mahshi http://www.theatlantic.com/health/ar...-pigeon/66393/

    Lamb Fatteh which is another Egyptian Dish.


  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    405
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quoted
    98 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    60

    Re: What's your favorite ethnic food

    Quote Originally Posted by neelu View Post
    Brother I don't understand your rep. Did you say that just as a general comment about modern society or were you hoping it could be raised as a topic on the show?
    I was hoping you will raise that topic on your show in'shaa'ALLAH that is why I had repped you on your thread about your show with that topic.

    Sister Neelu
    Last edited by ABDEL-AZEEM; 08-01-17 at 08:36 PM.
    ALLAH AL-AZEEM is the one and only GOD and ALLAH AL-AZEEM created everything. Therefore ALLAH AL-AZEEM created the Earth and created everything in the Earth and created all of the heavens and created everything in all of the heavens and created all of the hells and created everything in all of the hells and created all of the universes and created everything in all of the universes and created everything in between them.

  8. #8
    Senior Member neelu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Gender
    Girl Female
    Posts
    10,457
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Quoted
    702 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    389

    Re: What's your favorite ethnic food

    Walaykum salam wrwb
    It's a good suggestion. Although I'd already selected a different main topic, but I also think your idea is worth mentioning as well. Hope you'll be tuning in tonight inshaAllah 9pm (ie in about 20 minutes)

    Quote Originally Posted by ABDEL-AZEEM View Post
    I was hoping you will raise that topic on your show in'shaa'ALLAH that is why I had repped you on your thread about your show with that topic.

    Sister Neelu

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    405
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quoted
    98 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    60

    Re: What's your favorite ethnic food

    Quote Originally Posted by neelu View Post
    Walaykum salam wrwb
    It's a good suggestion. Although I'd already selected a different main topic, but I also think your idea is worth mentioning as well. Hope you'll be tuning in tonight inshaAllah 9pm (ie in about 20 minutes)
    I will be listening to your program in'shaa'ALLAH and Jazaaki ALLAHU Khayraan Katheeraan for listening to my suggestion
    ALLAH AL-AZEEM is the one and only GOD and ALLAH AL-AZEEM created everything. Therefore ALLAH AL-AZEEM created the Earth and created everything in the Earth and created all of the heavens and created everything in all of the heavens and created all of the hells and created everything in all of the hells and created all of the universes and created everything in all of the universes and created everything in between them.

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    853
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quoted
    549 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    49

    Re: What's your favorite ethnic food

    For me iranian food is the best along with Turkish.

    Check ghorme sabzi, kabob koobideh, sabzi polo mahee, Zereshk polo , mahi Che ... there is so much more . Try those for now inshallah (If you find them worthy ^^)

  11. #11
    ...
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    2,453
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quoted
    51 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    77

    Re: What's your favorite ethnic food

    Kabli Pilaou all day long.
    Generally Afghan or Lebanese food is well nice.

  12. #12
    ...
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    2,453
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quoted
    51 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    77

    Re: What's your favorite ethnic food

    Kabli Pilaou all day long.
    Generally Afghan or Lebanese food is well nice.

  13. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    853
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quoted
    549 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    49

    Re: What's your favorite ethnic food

    Quote Originally Posted by AmantuBillahi View Post
    For me iranian food is the best along with Turkish.

    Check ghorme sabzi, kabob koobideh, sabzi polo mahee, Zereshk polo , mahi Che ... there is so much more . Try those for now inshallah (If you find them worthy ^^)
    @ALAS

    Have I missed anything ? This is one matter we can both certainly agree upon *wink

  14. #14
    Odan ALAS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    1,803
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Quoted
    910 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    24

    Re: What's your favorite ethnic food

    Quote Originally Posted by AmantuBillahi View Post
    @ALAS
    Have I missed anything ? This is one matter we can both certainly agree upon *wink
    Yes of course to tell you the truth I have no other favourite food to add to your list maybe fesenjoon and gheimeh with sugary rice can be added too !
    Note: I am a shia.

  15. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Gender
    Girl Female
    Posts
    103
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    13 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    21

    Re: What's your favorite ethnic food

    Quote Originally Posted by oakandivy View Post
    Try Indonesian. Many brothers and sisters don't know the food from the biggest Muslim country

    Satay with peanut sauce (chicken from Java):img_2425.jpg

    Tempeh (soy bean, from Java)Sate-Tempe-Bumbu.jpg

    Rendang (spicy beef, from Sumatra)rendang-padang.jpg

    Cendol (cold sweet drink, from Java, maybe Chinese influence)cendol-at-Simpang-Asia.jpg

    As we say in Indonesian... ENAK!

    What's the green stuff in the drink mint or parsley?

  16. #16
    Durian Enthusiast geeksupremo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Gender
    Girl Female
    Posts
    3,523
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quoted
    38 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    736

    Re: What's your favorite ethnic food

    Quote Originally Posted by Andria View Post
    What's the green stuff in the drink mint or parsley?
    It's like jelly noodle made from rice flour. You get the green colour from pandan leaf extract. It's so refreshing on a hot, sunny day!

  17. #17
    I wonder Ya'sin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Gender
    Girl Unspecified
    Posts
    25,698
    Mentioned
    1030 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6917 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    1056

    Re: What's your favorite ethnic food

    chicken curry mate
    'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

    So, which of the favours of your lord will you deny? ~ Surah Ar Rahman

  18. #18
    Tawakkul... iRepIslam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Gender
    Girl Female
    Posts
    23,053
    Mentioned
    698 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5177 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    1165

    What's your favorite ethnic food

    Biryani
    إقراء القران فإنه يأتي يوم القيامة شفيعا لأصحابه

 

 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT. The time now is 02:10 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.2
Copyright © 2017 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.2.7 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Skin By: PurevB.com

MPADC.com Islamic Web Hosting | Muslim Ad Network | Islamic Nasheeds | Islamic Mobile App Developement Android & iPhone | Islamic Web Hosting : Muslim Designers : Labbayk Nasheeds : silk route jilbab: Hijab: : Web Islamic Newsletter: Islamic Web Hosting

Students of Arabic Forum | Hijab Shop