Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Ads by Muslim Ad Network


Results 1 to 24 of 24
  1. #1
    Islaamic Institute Darul Ilm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    2,625
    Mentioned
    595 Post(s)
    Quoted
    410 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    113

    Islaamic Classes on Ummah Radio for 2017



    Alhamdulillaah we've completed three whole years of conducting live classes on Ummah Radio, during that time we managed to go through a number of Kitaabs on various topics.

    For 2017 In-Shaa Allaah we will be revisiting and redeciding what classes will be done on the radio.


    At present, the only classes running are:

    1: Hanafi Fiqh (Noorul Eedhaah)

    2: Tafseer (Tafseer Ibn Katheer)

    3: Live Questions & Answers.



    We actually don't have much left before completing Noorul Eedhaah, therefore I am pushing to complete that first before starting anything else.

    So far I've received one class request, and I have one class that I am hoping to begin too.

    1: Al-`Aqeedatut Tahaawiyyah (Requested repeat)

    2: I`laa us Sunan (The most awaited class for 2017)



    Does anyone have any suggestions of any Kitaabs they'd like to do that's not currently being done?
    "The more you know, the more you realise how little you know. The less you know, the more you think you know." - Abu Mus'ab.
    Darul Ilm Blog
    Darul Ilm Faceboook
    Darul Ilm Twitter
    Darul Ilm Google+
    Ummah Radio Classes
    Ummah Radio
    Ummah Radio Youtube Channel
    Subscribe to our Youtube channel to be informed of any new uploads.

  2. #2
    Islaamic Institute Darul Ilm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    2,625
    Mentioned
    595 Post(s)
    Quoted
    410 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    113

    Re: Islaamic Classes on Ummah Radio for 2017

    Last edited by Darul Ilm; 02-01-17 at 12:38 PM.
    "The more you know, the more you realise how little you know. The less you know, the more you think you know." - Abu Mus'ab.
    Darul Ilm Blog
    Darul Ilm Faceboook
    Darul Ilm Twitter
    Darul Ilm Google+
    Ummah Radio Classes
    Ummah Radio
    Ummah Radio Youtube Channel
    Subscribe to our Youtube channel to be informed of any new uploads.

  3. #3
    Odan salaam_7cgen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    1,183
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    262 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    65

    Re: Islaamic Classes on Ummah Radio for 2017

    Imam shafi al risala

  4. #4
    Abu-Tawheed Saif-Uddin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    34,025
    Mentioned
    194 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5057 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    909

    Re: Islaamic Classes on Ummah Radio for 2017

    Kitaab ut Tawheed,


    Most people have probably read it, but it would be good if you went through it, explaining it and refreshing us,

    Also Sheikh as far as I'm aware, only Tafsir Ibn katheer has been translated in English.

    Can you go over other Tafsirs like Al-Qurtubi?

    http://www.ilovepalestine.com/campai...imesinGaza.gif

    "It does not befit the lion to answer the dogs."

    – Imam al-Shafi’i (Rahimahullah)

  5. #5
    truth. beauty. justice.
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Girl Female
    Posts
    451
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quoted
    52 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    61

    Re: Islaamic Classes on Ummah Radio for 2017

    Wa alaikum assalam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu Sheikh,

    I pray you're well. How does the class interaction work via UmmahRadio? I came across some of my old notes the other day from your Shamail at Tirmidhi classes from long ago. Would love to complete that text inshaAllah.

    Jazakumullahu khairan.

  6. #6
    061116 Rifqah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Gender
    Girl Female
    Posts
    2,749
    Mentioned
    231 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2099 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    288

    Re: Islaamic Classes on Ummah Radio for 2017



    I have no idea. Inshallah, i'll be happy with anything chosen.

  7. #7
    ...
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Gender
    Girl Female
    Posts
    1,247
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quoted
    192 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    73

    Re: Islaamic Classes on Ummah Radio for 2017

    Quote Originally Posted by Saif-Uddin View Post
    Kitaab ut Tawheed,


    Most people have probably read it, but it would be good if you went through it, explaining it and refreshing us,

    Also Sheikh as far as I'm aware, only Tafsir Ibn katheer has been translated in English.

    Can you go over other Tafsirs like Al-Qurtubi?

    This.

  8. #8
    Odan salaam_7cgen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    1,183
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    262 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    65

    Re: Islaamic Classes on Ummah Radio for 2017

    Sheikh ibn taymiyyah or sheikh munajjid weakness of iman and its cause and cure

  9. #9
    On A Hired Plane of Logic LailaTheMuslim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Gender
    Girl Female
    Posts
    12,843
    Mentioned
    267 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2676 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    451

    Re: Islaamic Classes on Ummah Radio for 2017

    How about a class for new muslims In sha Allah
    وَاقْصِدْ فِي مَشْيِكَ وَاغْضُضْ مِن صَوْتِكَ ۚ إِنَّ أَنكَرَ الْأَصْوَاتِ لَصَوْتُ الْحَمِيرِ - 31:19

    And be moderate in your pace and lower your voice; indeed, the most disagreeable of sounds is the voice of donkeys."


    أَلَمْ تَرَوْا أَنَّ اللَّهَ سَخَّرَ لَكُم مَّا فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ وَمَا فِي الْأَرْضِ وَأَسْبَغَ عَلَيْكُمْ نِعَمَهُ ظَاهِرَةً وَبَاطِنَةً ۗ وَمِنَ النَّاسِ مَن يُجَادِلُ فِي اللَّهِ بِغَيْرِ عِلْمٍ وَلَا هُدًى وَلَا كِتَابٍ مُّنِيرٍ - 31:20

    Do you not see that Allah has made subject to you whatever is in the heavens and whatever is in the earth and amply bestowed upon you His favors, [both] apparent and unapparent? But of the people is he who disputes about Allah without knowledge or guidance or an enlightening Book [from Him].


    Please take a look at my travel booking website : https://destinationfindertravel.com/

    Please take a look at my blog : http://thinkingmuslima.blogspot.co.uk/

  10. #10
    Islaamic Institute Darul Ilm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    2,625
    Mentioned
    595 Post(s)
    Quoted
    410 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    113

    Re: Islaamic Classes on Ummah Radio for 2017

    Quote Originally Posted by LailaTheMuslim View Post
    How about a class for new muslims In sha Allah
    That's a novel idea, what do you have in mind?
    "The more you know, the more you realise how little you know. The less you know, the more you think you know." - Abu Mus'ab.
    Darul Ilm Blog
    Darul Ilm Faceboook
    Darul Ilm Twitter
    Darul Ilm Google+
    Ummah Radio Classes
    Ummah Radio
    Ummah Radio Youtube Channel
    Subscribe to our Youtube channel to be informed of any new uploads.

  11. #11
    Islaamic Institute Darul Ilm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    2,625
    Mentioned
    595 Post(s)
    Quoted
    410 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    113

    Re: Islaamic Classes on Ummah Radio for 2017

    Quote Originally Posted by cupboard View Post
    Wa alaikum assalam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu Sheikh,

    I pray you're well. How does the class interaction work via UmmahRadio? I came across some of my old notes the other day from your Shamail at Tirmidhi classes from long ago. Would love to complete that text inshaAllah.

    Jazakumullahu khairan.
    Class interaction is done through skype, username: ummahradio

    Where did you stop in the shamaa'il classes?
    "The more you know, the more you realise how little you know. The less you know, the more you think you know." - Abu Mus'ab.
    Darul Ilm Blog
    Darul Ilm Faceboook
    Darul Ilm Twitter
    Darul Ilm Google+
    Ummah Radio Classes
    Ummah Radio
    Ummah Radio Youtube Channel
    Subscribe to our Youtube channel to be informed of any new uploads.

  12. #12
    On A Hired Plane of Logic LailaTheMuslim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Gender
    Girl Female
    Posts
    12,843
    Mentioned
    267 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2676 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    451

    Re: Islaamic Classes on Ummah Radio for 2017

    Quote Originally Posted by Darul Ilm View Post
    That's a novel idea, what do you have in mind?
    I have a friend who is a revert that I teach basic Arabic and Qur'an to.

    So I thought that would be good if you could do such a show that would introduce Islam in a structured and accessible way.

    Perhaps even for non-Muslims too.

    May Allah reward u for ur efforts ameen!
    وَاقْصِدْ فِي مَشْيِكَ وَاغْضُضْ مِن صَوْتِكَ ۚ إِنَّ أَنكَرَ الْأَصْوَاتِ لَصَوْتُ الْحَمِيرِ - 31:19

    And be moderate in your pace and lower your voice; indeed, the most disagreeable of sounds is the voice of donkeys."


    أَلَمْ تَرَوْا أَنَّ اللَّهَ سَخَّرَ لَكُم مَّا فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ وَمَا فِي الْأَرْضِ وَأَسْبَغَ عَلَيْكُمْ نِعَمَهُ ظَاهِرَةً وَبَاطِنَةً ۗ وَمِنَ النَّاسِ مَن يُجَادِلُ فِي اللَّهِ بِغَيْرِ عِلْمٍ وَلَا هُدًى وَلَا كِتَابٍ مُّنِيرٍ - 31:20

    Do you not see that Allah has made subject to you whatever is in the heavens and whatever is in the earth and amply bestowed upon you His favors, [both] apparent and unapparent? But of the people is he who disputes about Allah without knowledge or guidance or an enlightening Book [from Him].


    Please take a look at my travel booking website : https://destinationfindertravel.com/

    Please take a look at my blog : http://thinkingmuslima.blogspot.co.uk/

  13. #13
    Islaamic Institute Darul Ilm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    2,625
    Mentioned
    595 Post(s)
    Quoted
    410 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    113

    Re: Islaamic Classes on Ummah Radio for 2017

    Quote Originally Posted by Saif-Uddin View Post
    Kitaab ut Tawheed,


    Most people have probably read it, but it would be good if you went through it, explaining it and refreshing us,

    Also Sheikh as far as I'm aware, only Tafsir Ibn katheer has been translated in English.

    Can you go over other Tafsirs like Al-Qurtubi?

    I don't like modern books, that's why we'll be doing aqeedatut tahaawiyyah instead in-shaa Allaah.

    Qurtubi is a nice tafseer, but much bigger than ibn katheer. It'll probably take us two decades to finish ibn katheer alone at this pace.
    "The more you know, the more you realise how little you know. The less you know, the more you think you know." - Abu Mus'ab.
    Darul Ilm Blog
    Darul Ilm Faceboook
    Darul Ilm Twitter
    Darul Ilm Google+
    Ummah Radio Classes
    Ummah Radio
    Ummah Radio Youtube Channel
    Subscribe to our Youtube channel to be informed of any new uploads.

  14. #14
    061116 Rifqah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Gender
    Girl Female
    Posts
    2,749
    Mentioned
    231 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2099 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    288

    Re: Islaamic Classes on Ummah Radio for 2017

    Quote Originally Posted by LailaTheMuslim View Post
    How about a class for new muslims In sha Allah.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darul Ilm View Post
    That's a novel idea, what do you have in mind?
    Yes please, Inshallah, that would so hugely helpful.

  15. #15
    Islaamic Institute Darul Ilm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    2,625
    Mentioned
    595 Post(s)
    Quoted
    410 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    113

    Re: Islaamic Classes on Ummah Radio for 2017

    Quote Originally Posted by LailaTheMuslim View Post
    I have a friend who is a revert that I teach basic Arabic and Qur'an to.

    So I thought that would be good if you could do such a show that would introduce Islam in a structured and accessible way.

    Perhaps even for non-Muslims too.

    May Allah reward u for ur efforts ameen!
    I may have to trouble you to assist me in this regard, with what and how exactly you teach so that i can try and work out something from there In-shaa Allaah.
    "The more you know, the more you realise how little you know. The less you know, the more you think you know." - Abu Mus'ab.
    Darul Ilm Blog
    Darul Ilm Faceboook
    Darul Ilm Twitter
    Darul Ilm Google+
    Ummah Radio Classes
    Ummah Radio
    Ummah Radio Youtube Channel
    Subscribe to our Youtube channel to be informed of any new uploads.

  16. #16
    061116 Rifqah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Gender
    Girl Female
    Posts
    2,749
    Mentioned
    231 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2099 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    288

    Re: Islaamic Classes on Ummah Radio for 2017

    Quote Originally Posted by LailaTheMuslim View Post
    I have a friend who is a revert that I teach basic Arabic and Qur'an to.

    So I thought that would be good if you could do such a show that would introduce Islam in a structured and accessible way.

    Perhaps even for non-Muslims too.

    May Allah reward u for ur efforts ameen!
    And this inshallah

  17. #17
    ...
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Gender
    Girl Female
    Posts
    1,247
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quoted
    192 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    73

    Re: Islaamic Classes on Ummah Radio for 2017

    Quote Originally Posted by salaam_7cgen View Post
    Sheikh ibn taymiyyah or sheikh munajjid weakness of iman and its cause and cure
    And this.

  18. #18
    On A Hired Plane of Logic LailaTheMuslim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Gender
    Girl Female
    Posts
    12,843
    Mentioned
    267 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2676 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    451

    Re: Islaamic Classes on Ummah Radio for 2017

    Quote Originally Posted by Darul Ilm View Post
    I may have to trouble you to assist me in this regard, with what and how exactly you teach so that i can try and work out something from there In-shaa Allaah.
    I know this much Arabic (alhamdulilah) : The alphabet, words joined up, writing. Also reading and some vocabulary. I know 8 Surahs off by heart so have taught my friend two Surahs from what I know.

    I also want to teach my friend anything I know about the Deen. She's a new Muslim and we are close so I feel that its a responsibility to help her, but I'm not extremely knowledgeable, which is why you would more qualified to teach such a class.

    She has Kitab at Tawheed but I recommended to her Bilal Phillips fundamentals of tawhid book, cos its more accessible.
    وَاقْصِدْ فِي مَشْيِكَ وَاغْضُضْ مِن صَوْتِكَ ۚ إِنَّ أَنكَرَ الْأَصْوَاتِ لَصَوْتُ الْحَمِيرِ - 31:19

    And be moderate in your pace and lower your voice; indeed, the most disagreeable of sounds is the voice of donkeys."


    أَلَمْ تَرَوْا أَنَّ اللَّهَ سَخَّرَ لَكُم مَّا فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ وَمَا فِي الْأَرْضِ وَأَسْبَغَ عَلَيْكُمْ نِعَمَهُ ظَاهِرَةً وَبَاطِنَةً ۗ وَمِنَ النَّاسِ مَن يُجَادِلُ فِي اللَّهِ بِغَيْرِ عِلْمٍ وَلَا هُدًى وَلَا كِتَابٍ مُّنِيرٍ - 31:20

    Do you not see that Allah has made subject to you whatever is in the heavens and whatever is in the earth and amply bestowed upon you His favors, [both] apparent and unapparent? But of the people is he who disputes about Allah without knowledge or guidance or an enlightening Book [from Him].


    Please take a look at my travel booking website : https://destinationfindertravel.com/

    Please take a look at my blog : http://thinkingmuslima.blogspot.co.uk/

  19. #19
    truth. beauty. justice.
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Girl Female
    Posts
    451
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quoted
    52 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    61

    Re: Islaamic Classes on Ummah Radio for 2017

    Quote Originally Posted by Darul Ilm View Post
    Class interaction is done through skype, username: ummahradio

    Where did you stop in the shamaa'il classes?
    I don't have my notes with me right now as I'm not home but I believe it was chapter 21. Could you go over the book again sometime this year? I also miss the Madina Arabic book classes. I think on Paltalk we finished book one with you and completed just a couple of chapters of book two. Barakallahu feekum for taking the time out to teach us.

  20. #20
    Abu-Tawheed Saif-Uddin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    34,025
    Mentioned
    194 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5057 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    909

    Re: Islaamic Classes on Ummah Radio for 2017

    Quote Originally Posted by Darul Ilm View Post
    I don't like modern books, that's why we'll be doing aqeedatut tahaawiyyah instead in-shaa Allaah.

    Qurtubi is a nice tafseer, but much bigger than ibn katheer. It'll probably take us two decades to finish ibn katheer alone at this pace.
    Ok, Sheikh

    http://www.ilovepalestine.com/campai...imesinGaza.gif

    "It does not befit the lion to answer the dogs."

    – Imam al-Shafi’i (Rahimahullah)

  21. #21
    P*ki is outta containment Arsalan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    19,023
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quoted
    77 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    181

    Re: Islaamic Classes on Ummah Radio for 2017

    Yes
    "Closer and closer to mankind comes their Reckoning: yet they heed not and they turn away" (21:1)


  22. #22
    Islaamic Institute Darul Ilm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    2,625
    Mentioned
    595 Post(s)
    Quoted
    410 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    113

    Re: Islaamic Classes on Ummah Radio for 2017

    Quote Originally Posted by LailaTheMuslim View Post
    I know this much Arabic (alhamdulilah) : The alphabet, words joined up, writing. Also reading and some vocabulary. I know 8 Surahs off by heart so have taught my friend two Surahs from what I know.

    I also want to teach my friend anything I know about the Deen. She's a new Muslim and we are close so I feel that its a responsibility to help her, but I'm not extremely knowledgeable, which is why you would more qualified to teach such a class.

    She has Kitab at Tawheed but I recommended to her Bilal Phillips fundamentals of tawhid book, cos its more accessible.
    I've made a thread here: http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthrea...15#post7301215

    For other users to also give their input. Because it's a good topic, though certain things need to be taught face to face, so deciding what is what unall that.
    "The more you know, the more you realise how little you know. The less you know, the more you think you know." - Abu Mus'ab.
    Darul Ilm Blog
    Darul Ilm Faceboook
    Darul Ilm Twitter
    Darul Ilm Google+
    Ummah Radio Classes
    Ummah Radio
    Ummah Radio Youtube Channel
    Subscribe to our Youtube channel to be informed of any new uploads.

  23. #23
    Islaamic Institute Darul Ilm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    2,625
    Mentioned
    595 Post(s)
    Quoted
    410 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    113

    Re: Islaamic Classes on Ummah Radio for 2017

    Quote Originally Posted by cupboard View Post
    I don't have my notes with me right now as I'm not home but I believe it was chapter 21. Could you go over the book again sometime this year? I also miss the Madina Arabic book classes. I think on Paltalk we finished book one with you and completed just a couple of chapters of book two. Barakallahu feekum for taking the time out to teach us.
    Okay sure, we can add that to the list of kitaabs to redo then in-shaa Allaah.

    Yeah man to think those classes i was doing back from 2012, it was when we reached that point in book 2, that we approached Ramadhaan and so paused the classes, and by the time we resumed paltalk was giving me problems and sajid set up ummah radio (by then it was 2013), and so paltalk just ground to a halt as ummah radio took over.
    "The more you know, the more you realise how little you know. The less you know, the more you think you know." - Abu Mus'ab.
    Darul Ilm Blog
    Darul Ilm Faceboook
    Darul Ilm Twitter
    Darul Ilm Google+
    Ummah Radio Classes
    Ummah Radio
    Ummah Radio Youtube Channel
    Subscribe to our Youtube channel to be informed of any new uploads.

  24. #24
    Odan salaam_7cgen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    1,183
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    262 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    65

    Re: Islaamic Classes on Ummah Radio for 2017

    Quote Originally Posted by Darul Ilm View Post
    Okay sure, we can add that to the list of kitaabs to redo then in-shaa Allaah.

    Yeah man to think those classes i was doing back from 2012, it was when we reached that point in book 2, that we approached Ramadhaan and so paused the classes, and by the time we resumed paltalk was giving me problems and sajid set up ummah radio (by then it was 2013), and so paltalk just ground to a halt as ummah radio took over.
    What's happened to this

 

 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT. The time now is 01:45 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.2
Copyright © 2017 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.2.7 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Skin By: PurevB.com

MPADC.com Islamic Web Hosting | Muslim Ad Network | Islamic Nasheeds | Islamic Mobile App Developement Android & iPhone | Islamic Web Hosting : Muslim Designers : Labbayk Nasheeds : silk route jilbab: Hijab: : Web Islamic Newsletter: Islamic Web Hosting

Students of Arabic Forum | Hijab Shop