Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    islamreligion.com eesa the kiwi's Avatar
    Mentioned
    446 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3612 Post(s)

New Muslim support thread

:

Figured a thread like this would be a good idea (dunno if it will take off though)

Being converts to Islam you don't always get the support you need irl so if you want advice or just want to rant you can post here
    @Rifqah @brightest hour

I'll start, my family is so difficult to be around with Christmas it's not easy. Also something happened with a born "muslim" and my sister that I can't mention here coz I think you lot would start cursing the "Muslim". it's so sad it's not funny
    Last edited by eesa the kiwi; 18-12-16 at 05:57 AM.
    It may not be easy, you may not understand it, but you need to have the Imaan to trust Allah when life doesn't make sense.
    "Whoever intends eternal happiness, then let him hold tight to the threshold of servitude.” ibn Taymiyyah.

On A Hired Plane of Logic LailaTheMuslim's Avatar
    Mentioned
    267 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2675 Post(s)

Re: New Muslim support thread

Quote Originally Posted by Sweet_Jalebis View Post
    Asalaamalaikum, The following link has a large number of beneficial Islamic books that are available for download. In sha Allah, I hope the link will work for you all.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8lEw_negqRyMll3NlBZSEo1dUU
    Sweet_Jalebis how r u?!! lol xx
    وَاقْصِدْ فِي مَشْيِكَ وَاغْضُضْ مِن صَوْتِكَ ۚ إِنَّ أَنكَرَ الْأَصْوَاتِ لَصَوْتُ الْحَمِيرِ - 31:19

And be moderate in your pace and lower your voice; indeed, the most disagreeable of sounds is the voice of donkeys."

أَلَمْ تَرَوْا أَنَّ اللَّهَ سَخَّرَ لَكُم مَّا فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ وَمَا فِي الْأَرْضِ وَأَسْبَغَ عَلَيْكُمْ نِعَمَهُ ظَاهِرَةً وَبَاطِنَةً ۗ وَمِنَ النَّاسِ مَن يُجَادِلُ فِي اللَّهِ بِغَيْرِ عِلْمٍ وَلَا هُدًى وَلَا كِتَابٍ مُّنِيرٍ - 31:20

Do you not see that Allah has made subject to you whatever is in the heavens and whatever is in the earth and amply bestowed upon you His favors, [both] apparent and unapparent? But of the people is he who disputes about Allah without knowledge or guidance or an enlightening Book [from Him].

Please take a look at my travel booking website : https://destinationfindertravel.com/

Please take a look at my blog : http://thinkingmuslima.blogspot.co.uk/

Odan
    Mentioned
    265 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2422 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rifqah View Post
    Morning sis

How are things?
    How are your studies going?
    Good morning

Unfortunately I haven't been studying lately, I've been feeling a little off.

How about you?

Mentioned
    231 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2088 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by brightesthour View Post
    Good morning

Unfortunately I haven't been studying lately, I've been feeling a little off.

How about you?
    What do you like doing to relax?

I'm okay.

Ya'sin's making a chocolate cake and I think we should ask for 'Next Day Delivery'

Odan
    Mentioned
    265 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2422 Post(s)

What do you like doing to relax?

I'm okay.

Ya'sin's making a chocolate cake and I think we should ask for 'Next Day Delivery'
    If only she could deliver to the US lol. I'd love some chocolate cake right now, too bad I can't bake to save my life.

Well I've struggled with music ever since I reverted. I don't believe it's halal of course but I struggle with it, because music relaxes me. So unfortunately the only way I know how to get relaxed is by kicking back and listening to music. I would read more but my mind wanders a lot so I can never focus. Hoping that'll change, because I'd rather spend my time reading the Quran or reading about Islam instead of listening to music.

Mentioned
    231 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2088 Post(s)

If only she could deliver to the US lol. I'd love some chocolate cake right now, too bad I can't bake to save my life.

Well I've struggled with music ever since I reverted. I don't believe it's halal of course but I struggle with it, because music relaxes me. So unfortunately the only way I know how to get relaxed is by kicking back and listening to music. I would read more but my mind wanders a lot so I can never focus. Hoping that'll change, because I'd rather spend my time reading the Quran or reading about Islam instead of listening to music.
    I struggle with music too sis. It was such a huge part of my life both listening and playing it. I miss it so much and I know I shouldn't feel that way. It moved me so much and I guess that's partly why we are forbidden to listen to it. Nothing should have such an effect on us really.

I pass by a live orchestra (there was one in a shopping centre at Christmas) or string quartet in the street and instead of running from this sound, I linger for a few seconds. I understand how it is sis, I really do.

May Allah (swt) give us both the strength to do what He commands us to do. Ameen

Mentioned
    446 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3612 Post(s)

SubhanAllah what I'd give for a time machine
    Go back to when I was like five and embrace islam then and not screw my life up

Been Muslim 8 years now made the choice shortly before my 20th birthday yet the things I did as a kafir still haunt me. Amazing how you can screw your life up so much before you even are old enough to vote
    It may not be easy, you may not understand it, but you need to have the Imaan to trust Allah when life doesn't make sense.
    "Whoever intends eternal happiness, then let him hold tight to the threshold of servitude.” ibn Taymiyyah.

Odan
    Mentioned
    265 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2422 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by eesa the kiwi View Post

Been Muslim 8 years now made the choice shortly before my 20th birthday yet the things I did as a kafir still haunt me. Amazing how you can screw your life up so much before you even are old enough to vote
    If I would've stayed Muslim, this year would be 10 years since I first reverted. I didn't really have a crazy life, but I feel that when I first reverted and left my life went down the drain. But I am going into my 3rd year as Muslim, alhamdulillah. I haven't been the best, but I've seen what my life is without Islam and it isn't any better.

I know you remember what you did before Islam, but also remember that you've been forgiven for what you did before Islam as well.

May Allah swt keep us on the right path.

Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Quoted
    911 Post(s)

My sister had a birthday dinner at mums. My mum's recently had surgery on her hand and also had a knee replacement yet cooked a flash dinner and desserts. My brothers and sisters were more interested in alcohol than trying to help. When it was over everyone got up and left her this huge mess and pile of dishes. I was like mum I'll do the dishes and did them while my siblings sat on their beds talking to boyfriend's etc

This lady struggles so much for them and they treat her like a maid. Seems everytime I visit they do something that makes me lose respect for them. Don't have much respect left tbh

I know their religion is batil with the way they behave
    Wish my parents could see this may Allah guide them to islam
    Ameen.

Mentioned
    446 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3612 Post(s)

An old female acquaintance contacted my lil sis on fb wanting to know if I was still alive as my fb had been inactive (I quit fb) since 2012

I told my sister to just ignore it as it's a can of worms if rather not open but it sort of made me think, obviously not in this case as she's female but my old friends I just cut out of my life, when your trying to get clean they weren't the sort of people to have around but now that I'm sober and stable do I have a responsibility to go and call them to Allah? Bear in mind some of them are pretty twisted and I'm pretty happy they aren't a part of my life

On A Hired Plane of Logic LailaTheMuslim's Avatar
    Mentioned
    267 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2675 Post(s)

yeah my sins, as a raised muslim, haunt me too... and I was a muslim back then.but sihr/ayn affliction messed with my brain, probs more than drink and drugs could do to anyone.
    وَاقْصِدْ فِي مَشْيِكَ وَاغْضُضْ مِن صَوْتِكَ ۚ إِنَّ أَنكَرَ الْأَصْوَاتِ لَصَوْتُ الْحَمِيرِ - 31:19

And be moderate in your pace and lower your voice; indeed, the most disagreeable of sounds is the voice of donkeys."

أَلَمْ تَرَوْا أَنَّ اللَّهَ سَخَّرَ لَكُم مَّا فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ وَمَا فِي الْأَرْضِ وَأَسْبَغَ عَلَيْكُمْ نِعَمَهُ ظَاهِرَةً وَبَاطِنَةً ۗ وَمِنَ النَّاسِ مَن يُجَادِلُ فِي اللَّهِ بِغَيْرِ عِلْمٍ وَلَا هُدًى وَلَا كِتَابٍ مُّنِيرٍ - 31:20

Do you not see that Allah has made subject to you whatever is in the heavens and whatever is in the earth and amply bestowed upon you His favors, [both] apparent and unapparent? But of the people is he who disputes about Allah without knowledge or guidance or an enlightening Book [from Him].

Please take a look at my travel booking website : https://destinationfindertravel.com/

Please take a look at my blog : http://thinkingmuslima.blogspot.co.uk/

Mentioned
    446 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3612 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LailaTheMuslim View Post
    yeah my sins, as a raised muslim, haunt me too... and I was a muslim back then.but sihr/ayn affliction messed with my brain, probs more than drink and drugs could do to anyone.
    May Allah make things easy for you sister i really sympathize

Mentioned
    446 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3612 Post(s)

Hate alcohol with a passion
    Hate it when my family drink

Mentioned
    231 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2088 Post(s)

"Praise be to Allaah.

Defaming the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) is a kind of kufr. If that is done by a Muslim then it is apostasy on his part, and the authorities have to defend the cause of Allaah and His Messenger (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) by executing the one who defamed him. If the one who defamed him repents openly and is sincere, that will benefit him before Allaah, although his repentance does not waive the punishment for defaming the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), which is execution.

If the person who defames him is a non-Muslim living under a treaty with the Muslim state, then this is a violation of the treaty and he must be executed, but that should be left to the authorities. If a Muslim hears a Christian or anyone else defaming the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) he has to denounce him in strong terms. It is permissible to insult that person because he is the one who started it. How can we not stand up the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him)? It is also obligatory to report him to the authorities who can carry out the punishment on him. If there is no one who can carry out the hadd punishment of Allaah and stand up for the Messenger (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) then the Muslim has to do whatever he can, so long as that will not lead to further mischief and harm against other people. But if a Muslim hears a kaafir defaming the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) and he keeps quiet and does not respond for fear that this person may then defame him even more, this is mistaken thinking. With regard to the verse (interpretation of the meaning):

“And insult not those whom they (disbelievers) worship besides Allaah, lest they insult Allaah wrongfully without knowledge”

[al-An’aam 6:108],

this does not apply in cases where they defame Allaah and His Messenger (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) first. Rather what is meant is that it is forbidden to insult the gods of the mushrikeen first, lest they insult Allaah out of ignorance and enmity on their part. But if they insult Allaah and His Messenger (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) first, then we must respond and punish them so as deter them from their kufr and enmity. If we leave the kuffaar and atheists to say whatever they want without denouncing it or punishing them, great mischief will result, which is something that these kuffaar love. No attention should be paid to the one who says that insulting or responding to insults will make him more stubborn. The Muslim has to have a sense of protective jealousy and get angry for the sake of Allaah and His Messenger (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him). Whoever hears the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) being insulted and does not feel any protective jealousy or get angry is not a true believer – we seek refuge with Allaah from humility, kufr and obeying the Shaytaan.

And Allaah knows best."

This came up on another thread but, I don't feel this urgency to jump in after someone has been insulting as I know they are idiots and anything I say in reproach wouldn't be heard. It's not that I would be fearful but what's the point of starting an argument with a fool? It would be futile and provoke further insults as they would be satisfied with a reaction.

I don't understand this and I'm quite sad to read it in this quote from Islamqa.
    Last edited by Rifqah; 31-01-17 at 10:51 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    18 Post(s)

"Praise be to Allaah.

Defaming the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) is a kind of kufr. If that is done by a Muslim then it is apostasy on his part, and the authorities have to defend the cause of Allaah and His Messenger (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) by executing the one who defamed him. If the one who defamed him repents openly and is sincere, that will benefit him before Allaah, although his repentance does not waive the punishment for defaming the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), which is execution.

If the person who defames him is a non-Muslim living under a treaty with the Muslim state, then this is a violation of the treaty and he must be executed, but that should be left to the authorities. If a Muslim hears a Christian or anyone else defaming the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) he has to denounce him in strong terms. It is permissible to insult that person because he is the one who started it. How can we not stand up the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him)? It is also obligatory to report him to the authorities who can carry out the punishment on him. If there is no one who can carry out the hadd punishment of Allaah and stand up for the Messenger (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) then the Muslim has to do whatever he can, so long as that will not lead to further mischief and harm against other people. But if a Muslim hears a kaafir defaming the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) and he keeps quiet and does not respond for fear that this person may then defame him even more, this is mistaken thinking. With regard to the verse (interpretation of the meaning):

“And insult not those whom they (disbelievers) worship besides Allaah, lest they insult Allaah wrongfully without knowledge”

[al-An’aam 6:108],

this does not apply in cases where they defame Allaah and His Messenger (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) first. Rather what is meant is that it is forbidden to insult the gods of the mushrikeen first, lest they insult Allaah out of ignorance and enmity on their part. But if they insult Allaah and His Messenger (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) first, then we must respond and punish them so as deter them from their kufr and enmity. If we leave the kuffaar and atheists to say whatever they want without denouncing it or punishing them, great mischief will result, which is something that these kuffaar love. No attention should be paid to the one who says that insulting or responding to insults will make him more stubborn. The Muslim has to have a sense of protective jealousy and get angry for the sake of Allaah and His Messenger (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him). Whoever hears the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) being insulted and does not feel any protective jealousy or get angry is not a true believer – we seek refuge with Allaah from humility, kufr and obeying the Shaytaan.

And Allaah knows best."

This came up on another thread but, I don't feel this urgency to jump in after someone has been insulting as I know they are idiots and anything I say in reproach wouldn't be heard. It's not that I would be fearful but what's the point of starting an argument with a fool? It would be futile and provoke further insults as they would be satisfied with a reaction.

I don't understand this and I'm quite sad to read it in this quote from Islamqa.
    Imagine if someone comes to you and starts insulting your mother. Would you not get angry?

Isn't the prophet pbuh more beloved to us than our own parents?

Odan
    Mentioned
    265 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2422 Post(s)

Hate alcohol with a passion
    Hate it when my family drink
    I hear ya.

Please do not 'Rep'. Jzk. Fakhri's Avatar
    Mentioned
    226 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1297 Post(s)

Subhaanallah. The other day I was sat in a room with five or six guys all talking about alcohol and the different kinds and what they prefer. Even the talk is enough to get someone agitated. Imagine living with actual drinkers... :|
    LAA ILAAHA ILLALLAH
    -------------------------------
    "And if you would count the graces of God, never could you be able to count them. Truly, God is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful." (Qur'aan 16:18)
    NOTE: Please kindly do NOT rep my posts. (Jazaa'akumullah).

Mentioned
    231 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2088 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by muslim_warrior View Post
    Imagine if someone comes to you and starts insulting your mother. Would you not get angry?

Isn't the prophet pbuh more beloved to us than our own parents?
    Of course but you're defending a vulnerable person and again, what I'd feel and what I'd do are two different things. I'd feel protective absolutely but I'd not respond in anger as it would inflame a situation and make us both vulnerable to the person insulting, I'd feel protective and get her out of the situation.

The closest I can think of is when I used to be Christian and I've been around people who have used the words Jesus Christ as a swear word and I disliked it, or course, I just removed myself from them and didn't want to spend any time with or near them again. Did that mean I wasn't a true believer because I could see the futility in asking them to stop using that phrase? It's so common that people say this phrase to curse.
    Last edited by Rifqah; 01-02-17 at 03:43 AM.

Odan
    Mentioned
    265 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2422 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fakhri View Post
    Subhaanallah. The other day I was sat in a room with five or six guys all talking about alcohol and the different kinds and what they prefer. Even the talk is enough to get someone agitated. Imagine living with actual drinkers... :|
    It's really bad, people are obsessed with drinking alcohol. And talking about it, obsessed with drinking it

Mentioned
    446 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3612 Post(s)

Of course but you're defending a vulnerable person and again, what I'd feel and what I'd do are two different things. I'd feel protective absolutely but I'd not respond in anger as it would inflame a situation and make us both vulnerable to the person insulting, I'd feel protective and get her out of the situation.

The closest I can think of is when I used to be Christian and I've been around people who have used the words Jesus Christ as a swear word and I disliked it, or course, I just removed myself from them and didn't want to spend any time with or near them again. Did that mean I wasn't a true believer because I could see the futility in asking them to stop using that phrase? It's so common that people say this phrase to curse.
    :
    rifqah you dont have to curse them out, in some situations that might not be the wisest thing to do, what is upon you is to hate what they are doing even if you are in a position where you cant show that

Odan
    Mentioned
    265 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2422 Post(s)

It's really bad, people are obsessed with drinking alcohol. And talking about it, obsessed with drinking it
    Oops, this is why I shouldn't post something when I'm distracted lol. Didn't mean to repeat obsessed with drinking it.

Mentioned
    231 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2088 Post(s)

:
    rifqah you dont have to curse them out, in some situations that might not be the wisest thing to do, what is upon you is to hate what they are doing even if you are in a position where you cant show that

I didn't mention anything about, cursing them out, as an option. The issue was whether to step in and defend the one being insulted because of an angry feeling or protective feeling inside one's self which I don't have.

Is this the same for Allah (swt) when people insult Allah also?

Mentioned
    446 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3612 Post(s)

I didn't mention anything about, cursing them out, as an option. The issue was whether to step in and defend the one being insulted because of an angry feeling or protective feeling inside one's self which I don't have.

naturally you will get this, its one thing to talk about hypothetical situations but when something happens in front of you, insulting Allah or the messenger sallaho alayhi wa sallam naturally you will get this anger and hatred of what is being said, maybe you wont react with anger but will feel sad or hurt or disgusted but there will be a reaction, it wont be apathy

if you dont have this yet dont worry too much (though honestly i think if it came to a real situation you would feel something) rome wasnt built in a day, you are new to islam and sometimes things are aquired through effort and striving. The more you learn about the life of rasululah sallaho alayhi wa sallam, the more you appreciate the huge niamat (blessings) Allah has blessed you with the more you would hate for them to be insulted

Mentioned
    226 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1297 Post(s)

naturally you will get this, its one thing to talk about hypothetical situations but when something happens in front of you, insulting Allah or the messenger sallaho alayhi wa sallam naturally you will get this anger and hatred of what is being said, maybe you wont react with anger but will feel sad or hurt or disgusted but there will be a reaction, it wont be apathy

I know sister has mentioned she would avoid responding in an angry way, but does sister mean to say she doesn't feel the protective anger over Rasoolullah being insulted?

Or have I got that wrong, maybe, (I think I have)?

As a Muslim, new or not, I would have thought it would already be there to a degree. Even from a new Muslim's point of view, It would be enough to hear people insult and abuse Muslims and Islam in general (because you yourself are Muslim), so what about about Rasoolullah who is the embodiment of Islam and whom we follow, the most perfect representation of Islam and being Muslim?

(I think I've probably missed something in the posts above.)
    LAA ILAAHA ILLALLAH
    "And if you would count the graces of God, never could you be able to count them. Truly, God is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful." (Qur'aan 16:18)

Mentioned
    226 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1297 Post(s)

(Br @eesa the kiwi

Unable to rep. Yes, dear brother. Alhamdulillah. I very much agree. )
    LAA ILAAHA ILLALLAH

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    18 Post(s)

Yes, we love Allah more than we love His most beloved slave Muhammad pbuh.

Say, O [Muhammad], "I am only a man like you to whom it has been revealed that your god is but one God; so take a straight course to Him and seek His forgiveness." And woe to those who associate others with Allah - 41:6

And [yet], among the people are those who take other than Allah as equals [to Him]. They love them as they [should] love Allah. 2:165

Worship and obedience is only for Allah.
    Last edited by muslim_warrior; 01-02-17 at 12:10 PM.

Mentioned
    231 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2088 Post(s)

if you dont have this yet dont worry too much (though honestly i think if it came to a real situation you would feel something) rome wasnt built in a day, you are new to islam and sometimes things are aquired through effort and striving. The more you learn about the life of rasululah sallaho alayhi wa sallam, the more you appreciate the huge niamat (blessings) Allah has blessed you with the more you would hate for them to be insulted
    There seems to be a misunderstanding between what I might feel and what I would do. I have explained my feelings of course I have negative feelings about these insults, certainly not apathy.

It's okay I must not be communicating very well.

Account Disabled

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    43 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by muslim_warrior View Post
    Yes, we love Allah more than we love His most beloved slave Muhammad pbuh.

Say, O [Muhammad], "I am only a man like you to whom it has been revealed that your god is but one God; so take a straight course to Him and seek His forgiveness." And woe to those who associate others with Allah - 41:6

And [yet], among the people are those who take other than Allah as equals [to Him]. They love them as they [should] love Allah. 2:165

Worship and obedience is only for Allah.
    Worship is for Allaah Alone

Love is for Allaah and His Messenger
    Obedience to the Messenger is obedience to Allaah
    Last edited by A2B; 02-02-17 at 12:49 AM.

Mentioned
    231 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2088 Post(s)

I know sister has mentioned she would avoid responding in an angry way, but does sister mean to say she doesn't feel the protective anger over Rasoolullah being insulted?

Or have I got that wrong, maybe, (I think I have)?

As a Muslim, new or not, I would have thought it would already be there to a degree. Even from a new Muslim's point of view, It would be enough to hear people insult and abuse Muslims and Islam in general (because you yourself are Muslim), so what about about Rasoolullah who is the embodiment of Islam and whom we follow, the most perfect representation of Islam and being Muslim?

(I think I've probably missed something in the posts above.)

I don't know if I can explain it as I don't know what's expected of me in this situation and I am afraid it might be shirk, going back to how I used to feel as a Christian.
    I feel.like I've exposed myself in being open and everyone in the room just gasped in horror. If I try and explain further I might make it worse and then worry that my shahada was invalid and not accepted at all.

Mentioned
    226 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1297 Post(s)

I don't know if I can explain it as I don't know what's expected of me in this situation and I am afraid it might be shirk, going back to how I used to feel as a Christian.
    I feel.like I've exposed myself in being open and everyone in the room just gasped in horror
    . If I try and explain further I might make it worse and then worry that my shahada was invalid and not accepted at all.
    Not sure, but re-reading my initial post. I think it may have come across quite... Scathing(?), when that wasn't at all the feeling of Intention behind it. So my sincere apologies for that, respected sister.

It was a little confusing reading those posts above because for some reason I understood there to be an 'absence' of feelings and then also the presence of feelings...

I think I probably didn't read through and process it as intended, so I missed exactly what sister was saying.

I hope ml. Abu Musab and others did address and allay the concerns mentioned (in bold).

From the post on the other thread, Alhamdulillah, it does seem as though sister has responded and does react appropriately in such situations...

In any case, as mentioned, I hope it's been addressed now.
    Last edited by Fakhri; 03-02-17 at 08:32 PM.
    LAA ILAAHA ILLALLAH

Mentioned
    231 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2088 Post(s)

@Fakhri Scathing? No, not at all: surprised maybe, puzzled.

From reading others' posts, it wasn't just you that didn't understand. What can I say...I don't communicate well when I'm feeling emotional.

I feel that the issue is settled now thank you everyone

I think it a good next step to read The Sealed Nectar Inshallah (, if I recall the title correctly).

Last edited by Rifqah; 03-02-17 at 08:53 PM.

Mentioned
    231 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2088 Post(s)

I need your dua'a.

Mentioned
    231 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2088 Post(s)

I'm fighting with my khimar when I am driving. I just can't seem to get it right. If it's too loose, I turn my head to leave a junction and my eyes end up in fabric.

If it's too tight then I can't fully turn my head to see what I need to.

I pulled over today and sat and laughed because it's just ridiculous that I'm having this problem. Such a simple thing but so annoying when I'm driving.

I've even started avoiding difficult junctions!

Mentioned
    1124 Post(s)
    Quoted
    9764 Post(s)

*sprinkles support*
    ...And he who fears Allah - He will make for him a way out. [65:3]
    "Put your trust in Allah, certainly, Allah loves those who put their trust (in Him)."
    [Al-Imran 3:159]

a muslim in a odd place HelloEverybody's Avatar
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Quoted
    665 Post(s)

You have no idea... There was time I was living with few man in restricted place with no alcohol and no store to sell it. They all decided to drink hand sanitizer to quench the thirst. These people talked about alcohol every moment. Alcohol and women, nothing else.
    Last edited by HelloEverybody; 21-02-17 at 10:16 PM.

Mentioned
    231 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2088 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RaNdOm View Post
    *sprinkles support*
    I was driving a colleague and she asked me why I didn't take a shorter route. I replied because that way had a "...turny-head junction." Hmm...I actually said that out loud.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1144 Post(s)

I was driving a colleague and she asked me why I didn't take a shorter route. I replied because that way had a "...turny-head junction." Hmm...I actually said that out loud.

Have you tried different types of khimar?

Mentioned
    231 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2088 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lonelyniqabi View Post
    Have you tried different types of khimar?
    I've tried different types of fabric and also the cap underneath that you pin it to. It's still early for getting used to it, its only 16 weeks I've converted and less time than that for observing Islamic hijab so, it will click at some point Inshallah.

Once I'm used to it, I plan to add niqab Inshallah, but we will see. I've tried to do too much before and got in a mess so I'm doing one thing at a time and trying to do it the best I can before I add something else.

Someone told me it's haram to ride a bicycle yesterday, I had no idea! Not that I ride one that would be a funny sight!

Mentioned
    231 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2088 Post(s)

.... (Wrong thread)

Mentioned
    446 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3612 Post(s)

:
    don't take your Muslim families for granted
    Just had my little sister declare how proud she was of nz for getting behind gay pride month and decorating the town rainbow to show the love. I'm like it's like you guys are begging Allah to destroy you

Also her room is next to my brothers (in which I pray when I visit) and I'm trying to pray magrib and she's having an explicit conversation with her boyfriend and I'm like I need to pray so I cant leave

Smh it's just a struggle when morality is concerned you're on one side and your family is on the other side of the planet

All I'm trying to do is worship my creator but this is seen as an obscenity. To worship God alone without partners is that such a crime? Yet you have people make out being a Muslim is like this huge issue, even drug addicts are higher on the social ladder.
    And this whole gay pride month smh they even put makeup and outfits on their dogs so their dogs looked like trannies (not my family here this was in the paper) and then these people moan when an earthquake hits its like go figure morons

Mentioned
    231 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2088 Post(s)

I try so hard not to bring negativity here but I'm having such a struggle with my family. The constant bad comments and suddenly going from feeling like a beloved sister in my family, to being spoken to as if I were the enemy is so hurtful. I keep reminding myself that it's a test, over and over.

May Allah (swt) make us stronger through this test, myself, brother kiwi and any Muslim reading this who struggles with familial relationships. Help us not feel exhausted and to be able to find ways out of our individual situations without hurting them or becoming estranged from them. Allah please turn their hearts towards You and transform what is such a stressful situation into one that proclaims Your great mercy and forgiveness, ameen.
    Last edited by Rifqah; 28-02-17 at 09:10 PM.