Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Fiqh Class: I`laa Us Sunan, Starting (TONIGHT) Tuesday 19th September @ 8:00PM UK Time (9:00PM South African Time) skype: ummahradio Show Details here

Listen Online:www.ummahradio.com
DOWNLOAD THE APP

Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Mentioned
    424 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3417 Post(s)

New Muslim support thread

:

Figured a thread like this would be a good idea (dunno if it will take off though)

Being converts to Islam you don't always get the support you need irl so if you want advice or just want to rant you can post here
    @Rifqah @brightest hour

I'll start, my family is so difficult to be around with Christmas it's not easy. Also something happened with a born "muslim" and my sister that I can't mention here coz I think you lot would start cursing the "Muslim". it's so sad it's not funny
    Last edited by eesa the kiwi; 18-12-16 at 05:57 AM.
    It may not be easy, you may not understand it, but you need to have the Imaan to trust Allah when life doesn't make sense.

Be with the truth even if you are alone.

Mentioned
    208 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1779 Post(s)

Re: New Muslim support thread

*sigh My family.... It's just so, so difficult and stressful. We all got along so well before everything changed. I know how to manage stress and to navigate challenges but I'm used to my family being the stress relief button from the world at large, not the cause of my stress.

Subhanallah.

يعلم ما كان و ما يكون و ما لم يكن إذا كان كيف يكون

Mentioned
    424 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3417 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rifqah View Post
    *sigh My family.... It's just so, so difficult and stressful. We all got along so well before everything changed. I know how to manage stress and to navigate challenges but I'm used to my family being the stress relief button from the world at large, not the cause of my stress.

Subhanallah.
    Be patient

My family flipped out when I converted

They did however see a change in me. I quit drugs and drinking, I became a lot more respectful and started trying to help round the house.

It took time I'm not going to lie but my relationship with my family is way better with Islam Alhamdulilah than when I was behaving like a dropkick

Be patient sister and don't forget dua. Ask Allah to soften their hearts towards you
    It may not be easy, you may not understand it, but you need to have the Imaan to trust Allah when life doesn't make sense.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quoted
    86 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by eesa the kiwi View Post
    @SaraVR how are you holding up?

Reach out to the sisters on here if you need support or an ear to listen inshaAllah

Life is harder than ever, no matter how nice i am to my parents or how much i help at home they just get more and more hostile. My decision has been made and I have to leave but the options are limited and some people have been in touch and even though i know those options might not neccessarily be the best for me i feel i have no choice but to pick one

Combating Coconuts in UF
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Quoted
    877 Post(s)

Be patient

My family flipped out when I converted

They did however see a change in me. I quit drugs and drinking, I became a lot more respectful and started trying to help round the house.

It took time I'm not going to lie but my relationship with my family is way better with Islam Alhamdulilah than when I was behaving like a dropkick

Be patient sister and don't forget dua. Ask Allah to soften their hearts towards you
    I've never been more happier online with a reverts day to day story than your Essa!

You make me smile everyday bro.
    Stop being apologetic to Kuffars!

If I don't engage with you or reply to any of your question, it's likely because I find you racist and a total waste of time.

Combating Coconuts in UF
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Quoted
    877 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SaraVR View Post
    Life is harder than ever, no matter how nice i am to my parents or how much i help at home they just get more and more hostile. My decision has been made and I have to leave but the options are limited and some people have been in touch and even though i know those options might not neccessarily be the best for me i feel i have no choice but to pick one
    Hope you don't plunge into marriage, just look at all the divroced reverts at ummah forum.

I ask Allah SWT, to make it easy for you and protect you from shaytan..Jinn or Humans.
    Stop being apologetic to Kuffars!

If I don't engage with you or reply to any of your question, it's likely because I find you racist and a total waste of time.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    487 Post(s)

Its true alot of reverts have problems when it comes to marriage as they end up marrying someone whos not looking to seek into religion or are too liberal

Mentioned
    424 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3417 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SaraVR View Post
    I'm sorry to hear that sister

Hang in there and trust in Allah's decree. There is wisdom behind your situation and inshaAllah something awesome is waiting for you just around the corner
    @Gingerbeardman do you know of any new Muslim support groups that could inshaAllah help the sister?

Mentioned
    424 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3417 Post(s)

It's so lonely when my family drink

Like there will be all these people around me but I may as well be the only one in the room

Alhamdulilah just retreat into a book but I guess that comes across as nerdy lolz

Mentioned
    208 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1779 Post(s)

It's so lonely when my family drink

Like there will be all these people around me but I may as well be the only one in the room

Alhamdulilah just retreat into a book but I guess that comes across as nerdy lolz
    I understand that loneliness. I can be in a room full of family members joking having fun and feel unwanted, unloved and insignificant. I am the one who has distanced myself apparently. That isn't true but what they're trying to express is that I've jumped out from my usual place in the group dynamics and everyone feels uncomfortable about that. Suddenly I'm expressing my wishes and declining certain things.

I don't think these people are our family any more kiwi, they are merely our blood relatives. We live in the middle of haram and incompatibility and our home is with Allah (swt) in our hearts. That's our new home and you have many brothers and sisters who care for you and benefit from you mashallah. Remember that when you sit there reading your book.

Mentioned
    424 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3417 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rifqah View Post
    I understand that loneliness. I can be in a room full of family members joking having fun and feel unwanted, unloved and insignificant. I am the one who has distanced myself apparently. That isn't true but what they're trying to express is that I've jumped out from my usual place in the group dynamics and everyone feels uncomfortable about that. Suddenly I'm expressing my wishes and declining certain things.

I don't think these people are our family any more kiwi, they are merely our blood relatives. We live in the middle of haram and incompatibility and our home is with Allah (swt) in our hearts. That's our new home and you have many brothers and sisters who care for you and benefit from you mashallah. Remember that when you sit there reading your book.

Abu Huraira reported: The Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, said, “Islam began as a something strange and it will return to being strange, so blessed are the strangers.”Source: Ṣaḥīḥ Muslim 1

I guess we should be happy not fitting in subhanAllah
    This world is a prison for the believer and a paradise for the disbeliever our home is in jannah InshaAllah

Mentioned
    208 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1779 Post(s)

Abu Huraira reported: The Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, said, “Islam began as a something strange and it will return to being strange, so blessed are the strangers.”Source: Ṣaḥīḥ Muslim 1

I guess we should be happy not fitting in subhanAllah
    This world is a prison for the believer and a paradise for the disbeliever our home is in jannah InshaAllah
    Ameen, if I make it, I will wave (if we're allowed to wave at brothers that is) Our family is indeed to be enjoyed in Jannah Inshallah.