Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Participate in the Ummah Forum Qur'aan Recitation Competition! Details here

Ads by Muslim Ad Network


Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 41 to 52 of 52
  1. #1
    Alhamdulilah eesa the kiwi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    7,835
    Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2631 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    626

    The mental gymnastics of Christianity thread

    Seeing as there are so many it doesn't make sense to make a new thread each time

    To begin Matthew 5:19

    King James Bible
    Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

    Umm isn't that exactly what Paul did?
    Go easy on yourself, for the outcome of all affairs is determined by God's decree. If something is meant to go elsewhere, it will never come your way, but if it is your by destiny, from you it cannot flee."

    Umar Ibn Al-Khattab (RA)

  2. #41
    Odan
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Gender
    Girl Unspecified
    Posts
    1,254
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Quoted
    463 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    9

    Re: The mental gymnastics of Christianity thread

    Quote Originally Posted by eesa the kiwi View Post
    ◄ Mark 13:32 ►
    New International Version
    "But about that day or hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father.
    What's the issue here?

  3. #42
    Alhamdulilah eesa the kiwi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    7,835
    Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2631 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    626

    Re: The mental gymnastics of Christianity thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Pip1 View Post
    No christian in the whole of Christendom could give you a satisfactory response. Besides being an ex Christian I'm surprised you don't know the answer yourself. Just hope you understand your new faith - Islam a bit better. In a nutshell, Melchizedek is a type and shadow of the Christ to come.
    I'm sorry that makes no sense
    This being "mechelzdik" is a type of Christ?
    Lol what? Have you started saying God is 4 in one?
    Go easy on yourself, for the outcome of all affairs is determined by God's decree. If something is meant to go elsewhere, it will never come your way, but if it is your by destiny, from you it cannot flee."

    Umar Ibn Al-Khattab (RA)

  4. #43
    Alhamdulilah eesa the kiwi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    7,835
    Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2631 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    626

    Re: The mental gymnastics of Christianity thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Pip1 View Post
    What's the issue here?
    If the son is the same being as the father and coequal how can the father know something the son doesn't?
    Go easy on yourself, for the outcome of all affairs is determined by God's decree. If something is meant to go elsewhere, it will never come your way, but if it is your by destiny, from you it cannot flee."

    Umar Ibn Al-Khattab (RA)

  5. #44
    Odan
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Gender
    Girl Unspecified
    Posts
    1,254
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Quoted
    463 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    9

    Re: The mental gymnastics of Christianity thread

    Quote Originally Posted by eesa the kiwi View Post
    I'm sorry that makes no sense
    This being "mechelzdik" is a type of Christ?
    Lol what? Have you started saying God is 4 in one?
    You are nothing if not not predictable. It's known as a prophetic metaphor, commonly used by prophets throughout the Bible. I could attempt to explain this for you but your last remark (in bold) clearly shows I would be wasting my time.

    resembling the Son of God, he remains a priest forever. Do you understand the roles the Levite priests played?

  6. #45
    Odan
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Gender
    Girl Unspecified
    Posts
    1,254
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Quoted
    463 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    9

    Re: The mental gymnastics of Christianity thread

    Quote Originally Posted by eesa the kiwi View Post
    If the son is the same being as the father and coequal how can the father know something the son doesn't?
    But of that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, nor the Son, but the Father alone." As a man, Jesus cooperated with the limitations of being a man. That is why we have verses like Luke 2:52 , Matthew and Mark that says "Jesus kept increasing in wisdom and stature, and in favor with God and men." Therefore, at this point in his ministry he could say He did not know the day nor hour of His return. It is not a denial of His being God but a confirmation of His being man.

    Also, the logic that Jesus could not be God because He did not know all things works both ways. If we could find a scripture where Jesus does know all things, then that would prove that He was God, wouldn't it?

    He said to him the third time, "Simon, son of John, do you love Me?" Peter was grieved because He said to him the third time, "Do you love Me?" And he said to Him, "Lord, You know all things; You know that I love You." Jesus *said to him, "Tend My sheep." (John 21:17--NASB).

    Jesus did not correct Peter and say, "Hold on Peter, I do not know all things." He let Peter continue on with his statement that Jesus knew all things. Therefore, it must be true.

    But, if we have a verse that says that Jesus did not know all things and another that says he did know all things, then isn't that a contradiction? No. It is not.

    Before Jesus' crucifixion and resurrection, He said the Father alone knew the day and hour of His return. It wasn't until after Jesus' crucifixion and resurrection that omniscience is attributed to Jesus. Jesus was cooperating with the limitations of being a man and completed His ministry on this earth. He was then glorified in His resurrection. After Jesus' resurrection, He was able to appear and disappear at will. This is not the normal ability of a man. But, it is, apparently, the normal ability of a resurrected and glorified man. Jesus was different after the resurrection. There had been a change. He was still a man, and He knew all things.

  7. #46
    Abu-Tawheed Saif-Uddin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    30,249
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2603 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    767

    Re: The mental gymnastics of Christianity thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Saved View Post
    Paul followed Christ's example
    Yes he followed Christ's example by doing away with the Law which his master said must be followed to the Jot and Title,

    lol,
    http://www.ilovepalestine.com/campai...imesinGaza.gif

    "It does not befit the lion to answer the dogs."

    – Imam al-Shafi’i (Rahimahullah)

  8. #47
    Odan
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Gender
    Girl Unspecified
    Posts
    1,254
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Quoted
    463 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    9

    Re: The mental gymnastics of Christianity thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Saif-Uddin View Post
    Yes he followed Christ's example by doing away with the Law which his master said must be followed to the Jot and Title,

    lol,
    Where did Jesus do away with the law?

  9. #48
    Abu-Tawheed Saif-Uddin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    30,249
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2603 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    767

    Re: The mental gymnastics of Christianity thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Pip1 View Post
    Where did Jesus do away with the law?
    It was sarcasm,

    Nevermind

    The point is Paul claimed it's nailed to the cross, you don't have to follow the law,

    Jesus said every law down to the joy/title must be followed,

    Clearly your master Paul negated Jesus teachings,

    Proving once again Paul is the Real founder of Christianity
    http://www.ilovepalestine.com/campai...imesinGaza.gif

    "It does not befit the lion to answer the dogs."

    – Imam al-Shafi’i (Rahimahullah)

  10. #49
    Alhamdulilah eesa the kiwi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    7,835
    Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2631 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    626

    Re: The mental gymnastics of Christianity thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Pip1 View Post
    You are nothing if not not predictable. It's known as a prophetic metaphor, commonly used by prophets throughout the Bible. I could attempt to explain this for you but your last remark (in bold) clearly shows I would be wasting my time.

    resembling the Son of God, he remains a priest forever. Do you understand the roles the Levite priests played?
    if its only a resemblance why state he is without beginning or end of days, if this is a metaphor pip it simply means this verse is not true. metaphor is how you are trying to explain away a problematic verse added by a corrupt scribe but it simply doesnt cut it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Pip1 View Post
    But of that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, nor the Son, but the Father alone." As a man, Jesus cooperated with the limitations of being a man. That is why we have verses like Luke 2:52 , Matthew and Mark that says "Jesus kept increasing in wisdom and stature, and in favor with God and men." Therefore, at this point in his ministry he could say He did not know the day nor hour of His return. It is not a denial of His being God but a confirmation of His being man.

    Also, the logic that Jesus could not be God because He did not know all things works both ways. If we could find a scripture where Jesus does know all things, then that would prove that He was God, wouldn't it?

    He said to him the third time, "Simon, son of John, do you love Me?" Peter was grieved because He said to him the third time, "Do you love Me?" And he said to Him, "Lord, You know all things; You know that I love You." Jesus *said to him, "Tend My sheep." (John 21:17--NASB).

    Jesus did not correct Peter and say, "Hold on Peter, I do not know all things." He let Peter continue on with his statement that Jesus knew all things. Therefore, it must be true.

    But, if we have a verse that says that Jesus did not know all things and another that says he did know all things, then isn't that a contradiction? No. It is not.

    Before Jesus' crucifixion and resurrection, He said the Father alone knew the day and hour of His return. It wasn't until after Jesus' crucifixion and resurrection that omniscience is attributed to Jesus. Jesus was cooperating with the limitations of being a man and completed His ministry on this earth. He was then glorified in His resurrection. After Jesus' resurrection, He was able to appear and disappear at will. This is not the normal ability of a man. But, it is, apparently, the normal ability of a resurrected and glorified man. Jesus was different after the resurrection. There had been a change. He was still a man, and He knew all things.

    whoa checkout those backflips, fine mental gymnatics in order to believe there, commonwealth games is next year i think, have you considering trialing out?

    you have a belief (trinity) and instead of reading verses and taking belief from them you are twisting the verses so they fit your conclusion (belief in trinity)
    this is back to front thinking pip. have you got a red letter bible handy? because if you read the words in red the picture painted is not christianity not even close

    , these holes in christianity's version of things are signs for you to wake up and go "hey something isnt right here" but i doubt you will,sticking heads in the sand doesnt make ostrich safe pip, it merely makes him feel better temporarily before he is eaten

    Say, "O People of the Scripture, come to a word that is equitable between us and you - that we will not worship except Allah and not associate anything with Him and not take one another as lords instead of Allah." But if they turn away, then say, "Bear witness that we are Muslims [submitting to Him]." (Aali Imraan: 64)
    Go easy on yourself, for the outcome of all affairs is determined by God's decree. If something is meant to go elsewhere, it will never come your way, but if it is your by destiny, from you it cannot flee."

    Umar Ibn Al-Khattab (RA)

  11. #50
    Odan
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Gender
    Girl Unspecified
    Posts
    1,254
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Quoted
    463 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    9

    Re: The mental gymnastics of Christianity thread

    Quote Originally Posted by eesa the kiwi View Post
    if its only a resemblance why state he is without beginning or end of days, if this is a metaphor pip it simply means this verse is not true. metaphor is how you are trying to explain away a problematic verse added by a corrupt scribe but it simply doesnt cut it.




    whoa checkout those backflips, fine mental gymnatics in order to believe there, commonwealth games is next year i think, have you considering trialing out?

    you have a belief (trinity) and instead of reading verses and taking belief from them you are twisting the verses so they fit your conclusion (belief in trinity)
    this is back to front thinking pip. have you got a red letter bible handy? because if you read the words in red the picture painted is not christianity not even close

    , these holes in christianity's version of things are signs for you to wake up and go "hey something isnt right here" but i doubt you will,sticking heads in the sand doesnt make ostrich safe pip, it merely makes him feel better temporarily before he is eaten

    Say, "O People of the Scripture, come to a word that is equitable between us and you - that we will not worship except Allah and not associate anything with Him and not take one another as lords instead of Allah." But if they turn away, then say, "Bear witness that we are Muslims [submitting to Him]." (Aali Imraan: 64)
    I don't know why you start threads like this, pretending it's like some kind of discussion thread. To offer explanations on bible verses that Muslims don't understand. Fair enough I thought I'll give it a go. But hey!! That's not it at all, you just want to ridicule and mock holy scriptures. Count me out. Surely Muslims are supposed to respect Gods Holy Scriptures, and the Qur'an does acknowledge the Bible.. That is Torah, Gospels and for some unknown reason the Psalms as Gods scripture. Now, since then Muslims have decided that some of these scriptures are corrupt and can't be trusted, but the Qur'an doesnt actually give you much to go on as to what bits are corrupt. So how do you decide? Or do you just take the chance and diss any bit you fancy?

    The fact you say you were once a Christian and don't actually know the answers to these "problem verses" is a cause for some concern. I can only hope you understand your present religion better. Could it be that you need to validate your decision to convert to Islam by trying to find fault with Christianity to bolster your belief that you've made the right choice? Well i don't know what to make of it, but it's a strange way to spend your time. I'm putting it out there you're not going to win many converts to Islam this way.

  12. #51
    Alhamdulilah eesa the kiwi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    7,835
    Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2631 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    626

    Re: The mental gymnastics of Christianity thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Pip1 View Post
    I don't know why you start threads like this, pretending it's like some kind of discussion thread. To offer explanations on bible verses that Muslims don't understand. Fair enough I thought I'll give it a go. But hey!! That's not it at all, you just want to ridicule and mock holy scriptures. Count me out. Surely Muslims are supposed to respect Gods Holy Scriptures, and the Qur'an does acknowledge the Bible.. That is Torah, Gospels and for some unknown reason the Psalms as Gods scripture. Now, since then Muslims have decided that some of these scriptures are corrupt and can't be trusted, but the Qur'an doesnt actually give you much to go on as to what bits are corrupt. So how do you decide? Or do you just take the chance and diss any bit you fancy?

    The fact you say you were once a Christian and don't actually know the answers to these "problem verses" is a cause for some concern. I can only hope you understand your present religion better. Could it be that you need to validate your decision to convert to Islam by trying to find fault with Christianity to bolster your belief that you've made the right choice? Well i don't know what to make of it, but it's a strange way to spend your time. I'm putting it out there you're not going to win many converts to Islam this way.


    There are major flaws in Christianity's version of events I'm merely pointing them out. Of course that may upset those who are like the ostrich but maybe just maybe someone will wake up and see that there is something wrong here
    Go easy on yourself, for the outcome of all affairs is determined by God's decree. If something is meant to go elsewhere, it will never come your way, but if it is your by destiny, from you it cannot flee."

    Umar Ibn Al-Khattab (RA)

  13. #52
    Alhamdulilah eesa the kiwi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    7,835
    Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2631 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    626

    Re: The mental gymnastics of Christianity thread

    As for your question about a Muslims stance on the bible basically it falls under three categories

    1, that which we know to be false as it contradicts the revelation sent to us. E.g Paul claiming Jesus alayhis salam was God
    2, that which we know to be true for example Joseph and Jonah being prophets of God
    3, things our revelation neither confirms or denys e.g. those three men thrown into the fire I forget their names. Meshaq and abendigo maybe. In this case we neither confirm or deny
    Go easy on yourself, for the outcome of all affairs is determined by God's decree. If something is meant to go elsewhere, it will never come your way, but if it is your by destiny, from you it cannot flee."

    Umar Ibn Al-Khattab (RA)

 

 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT. The time now is 01:16 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.2
Copyright © 2017 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.2.7 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Skin By: PurevB.com

MPADC.com Islamic Web Hosting | Muslim Ad Network | Islamic Nasheeds | Islamic Mobile App Developement Android & iPhone | Islamic Web Hosting : Muslim Designers : Labbayk Nasheeds : silk route jilbab: Hijab: : Web Islamic Newsletter: Islamic Web Hosting

Students of Arabic Forum | Hijab Shop