Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Thread: Madhab Bashing

Mentioned
    529 Post(s)
    Quoted
    407 Post(s)

Madhab Bashing

It's become rather commonplace these days for absolute ignoramuses on the forum to attack and insult the `ulamaa of the madhaahib, but most often it's the hanafi madhab that's being attacked.

The problem lies not with the hanafi/etc madhab, but rather it lies with the fact that the said people have no knowledge of the deen whatsoever.

For those who don't know, a new rule was introduced a while back, so I am making this thread to serve as a reminder of it.

Let me put on record here, that if any cases of madhab bashing/mockery are reported to me, then I will not be as lenient on the perpetrators as the other mods.

Don't say you weren't warned, and don't tell me you were just joking because that won't change my judgment on you.

Already some people have fallen victim to their ignorance resulting in them being banned, and this ruling will continue to apply to any future cases as well.

I'm not doing it only for the hanafi madhab like i said before, rather it applies to anyone who bashes any of the madhaahib.

Some people are very audacious in their ignorance though, so a temp ban isn't enough to knock sense into them. So therefore my proposition is that if anyone has a bone to pick with any of the madhaahib, then come on air on ummah radio and prove your case, otherwise you will be booted off the forum.

If you can prove your case, then not only will you be saved from a ban, but you will also be rewarded on the forum as well.

But if you refuse to take it up on air, then that will be counted as you disqualifying yourself which will result in an instant ban.

Once more: Don't say you weren't warned.
    "The more you know, the more you realise how little you know. The less you know, the more you think you know." - Abu Mus'ab.
    Darul Ilm Blog
    Darul Ilm Faceboook
    Darul Ilm Twitter
    Darul Ilm Google+
    Ummah Radio Classes
    Ummah Radio
    Ummah Radio Youtube Channel
    Subscribe to our Youtube channel to be informed of any new uploads.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    21 Post(s)

Re: Madhab Bashing

Sorry for my ignorance, but I take it Madhab is a branch of the Muslim faith? Example, like how Methodist, Baptist, and Catholic are branches of Christianity?

If so, what are some of the main branches and general differences between the branches?

I know this is a question I should probably take to the questions board, but since it was brought up here, I thought a response would be fine. If not, message me and I'll gladly take it to the questions board.

Mentioned
    529 Post(s)
    Quoted
    407 Post(s)

Re: Madhab Bashing

Quote Originally Posted by MelloLily View Post
    Sorry for my ignorance, but I take it Madhab is a branch of the Muslim faith? Example, like how Methodist, Baptist, and Catholic are branches of Christianity?

If so, what are some of the main branches and general differences between the branches?

I know this is a question I should probably take to the questions board, but since it was brought up here, I thought a response would be fine. If not, message me and I'll gladly take it to the questions board.
    Not quite. catholics etc are more like sects within christianity, madhabs are not like that, it is just schools of thought.

To explain a few differences between the two.

Catholics etc feel they are true christians, and that the other ones are wrong. - While we believe all four madhabs are correct.
    Catholics etc have creedal issues with one another. - Madhabs are not like that.

And so on and so forth.
    "The more you know, the more you realise how little you know. The less you know, the more you think you know." - Abu Mus'ab.
    Darul Ilm Blog
    Darul Ilm Faceboook
    Darul Ilm Twitter
    Darul Ilm Google+
    Ummah Radio Classes
    Ummah Radio
    Ummah Radio Youtube Channel
    Subscribe to our Youtube channel to be informed of any new uploads.