Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Ads by Muslim Ad Network

View Poll Results: Do you keep this forum a secret?

Voters
40. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

29 72.50%
  • No

11 27.50%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Quoted
    432 Post(s)

Question Do you keep this forum a secret?

I've noticed many members on here use this forum to disclose personal issues about themselves, which they wouldn't be comfortable enough sharing with others in real life. Also, I realised others rant and vent about their family members, spouses, etcetera.

This makes me question whether people on here keep this forum a secret, as in no one in real life knows your username or that you post here. How do you manage to post here secretly? Are you okay with anyone in real life knowing your username and reading your posts/threads? Or would it be your worst nightmare?
    “And We have already created man and know what his soul whispers to him, and We are closer to him than (his) jugular vein.” (Quran 50:16)

Mentioned
    224 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3207 Post(s)

Re: Do you keep this forum a secret?

I don't hide it. But I hide my username.

Tbh I am ok with anyone knowing the stuff I post. And I know some people from the forum IRL - nbd.
    And when it is said to them, "Do not cause corruption on the earth," they say, "We are but reformers." (11) Unquestionably, it is they who are the corrupters, but they perceive [it] not. (12) - Surat al-Baqarah
    http://www.ummzakiyyah.com/polygamy_not_my_problem/

Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1581 Post(s)

Yeah I do.. Was strictly told to stop and I have cut down a lot but still can't resist yet... I quietly come on at night or when I'm free during the day.

Account Disabled

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3937 Post(s)

I do not care what people think of me. They will neither harm or benefit me.

You can see below " Fear the creator , not Created "

There are people here who know my real name.

Mentioned
    722 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6315 Post(s)

Yeah I do, but I don't know why, I don't think my family or friends know about Ummah forum.
    Something funny happened though - my little brother made an account to troll me on here, this was a few months ago, and I thought.. how does this user know all this information about me :/ and then he told me irl, that was pretty funny lool.
    And with Him are the keys of the Ghayb (all that is hidden), none knows them but He. And He knows whatever there is in the land and in the sea; not a leaf falls, but He knows it. There is not a grain in the darkness of the earth nor anything fresh or dry, but is written in a Clear Record”
    [al-An’aam 6:59]

Muslim
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1753 Post(s)

Yes I think Internet forums are for weirdos and I get shy bringing it up in public.

Also non muslims when they hear "islamic online forum" their *terrorist antennas* light up.

Though I shouldn't be so shy of what they think, or say to myself it's not good dawah.

Thought I'd also mention that in real life I am not as forward as I am here. I try to say things in an easier tone but online it's easier to just be brutally honest.

Should be more of that irl to be honest, but there is certainly a wisdom in presenting islam while considring the societies perception of the religion

Mentioned
    462 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5585 Post(s)

I don't keep it a secret lol.

My brothers know I'm on it and told me to be careful not to get radicalised.

Account Disabled

Mentioned
    252 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6163 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The Poet View Post
    This makes me question whether people on here keep this forum a secret, as in no one in real life knows your username or that you post here. How do you manage to post here secretly? Are you okay with anyone in real life knowing your username and reading your posts/threads? Or would it be your worst nightmare?
    Given that I don't like secularists very much, some of my friends would probably not approve of my posts regarding them (lol).

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2546 Post(s)

Nope it's not a big deal lol. My sisters think it's weird haha

Mentioned
    231 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2088 Post(s)
    From my family, yes. They're all Christian, well the girls are. The boys are Atheists but it would upset my sisters a lot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    42 Post(s)

Yes
    So fear not the people and fear Me, and take not a small price for My messages. And whoever judges not by what Allah has revealed, those are the disbelievers.
    [5:44]

Mentioned
    484 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6615 Post(s)

Yes, it's a secret get-away. And heck no I wouldn't want them reading my posts. In reality I'm quite the enigma, but here, I'm so....exposed lol.

Honestly I don't think my family would like me being on these forums they'd prob get worried bc of the assumption of the negative side of Islamic forums. But I haven't noticed that kind of stuff on Ummah forum. I think this Fourm is basically the marriage discussion forum, or maybe cause I'm usually on that section
    Indeed we belong to Allah,
    and indeed to Him we will return.

Quran 2:156

Please do not 'Rep'. Jzk. Fakhri's Avatar
    Mentioned
    226 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1294 Post(s)

I don't exactly make it known that I use the forum but there are a few people who know I'm on here, and my profile name is pretty much my actual name, also... Together with my profile pic, I think it would be quite easy to recognise me for those on my contacts list if they ever got to using or browsing the forum...
    LAA ILAAHA ILLALLAH
    -------------------------------
    "And if you would count the graces of God, never could you be able to count them. Truly, God is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful." (Qur'aan 16:18)
    NOTE: Please kindly do NOT rep my posts. (Jazaa'akumullah).

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1704 Post(s)

I've noticed many members on here use this forum to disclose personal issues about themselves, which they wouldn't be comfortable enough sharing with others in real life. Also, I realised others rant and vent about their family members, spouses, etcetera.

why should one tell if it is a secret.

Odan
    Mentioned
    224 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2075 Post(s)

My husband knows, and has access to my account. Although I doubt he would use it. And my siblings know too.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    453 Post(s)

Everything I use on the internet is a secret. I would never let anyone know IRL.

Let them read what I post? Hell no. It would too embarassing and awkward.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1111 Post(s)

Of course, if you tell anyone they'll beat you in yo booteh.
    I'd tell my spouse if I had one, I won't tell my family because they always assume the worst and would not only argue with me for months on end about how I "let somebody know we exist", they would interrogate everyone here lol, they think everyone is a murderer, rapist, pedophile, drugdealer everywhere on the internet and that I'm going to give everyone my home address, social security number, phone number, first name, surname, credit card number etc.
    Like they're so paranoid, I can't even say I called a professor to ask when a lecture is,
    they will say "What's his name?"
    and I say "You don't know them",
    "Just tell us the name",
    *tells name*,
    "It's a woman?!",
    "Yes?",
    "How old is she?",
    I'm like "What the heck..",

"Is she blonde or a brunette?
    Is she white or tanned?
    Is she European?
    Do you have a good relation to her?
    Where does she live?
    How many kids does she have?
    Who is her husband?
    Does she look sane?
    Is she a drug addict?
    Did you touch her?
    Do you have a photo of her?
    " and ooooon and oooon and oooon..

If they see anyone even reply to me with a smiley face or salaam - call the police, it's a rapistmurderertupacshakurkillabajiggadrugdilladawg e onlaahn finna shoot uhp yo criiub! PROTECT YA NECK! *dog noises*
    How could I betray them and go online and register on a muslim forum, what am I? A muslim?! The audacity, now pedophilia and death will happen everywhere, they knew it all along, OoOoOoohh the horror!
    Thunderstorm, what have you done to your family Thunderstooooorm!!!!
    Only this last paragraph is overdone, the rest is 100% unpolluted truth, they asked all of those questions many times, they really are like that. Mom and sis more than dad, but even he has this weird phobia to some extent, I'd tell him I'm on this forum if I knew he wouldn't go spread the word, because he doesn't freak out, he's just uncomfortable for a while and groans a bit about it.
    Say what somebody can do instead of the haram if you want to help.

Account Disabled

Mentioned
    252 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6163 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderstorm View Post
    Of course, if you tell anyone they'll beat you in yo booteh.
    I'd tell my spouse if I had one, I won't tell my family because they always assume the worst and would not only argue with me for months on end about how I "let somebody know we exist", they would interrogate everyone here lol, they think everyone is a murderer, rapist, pedophile, drugdealer everywhere on the internet and that I'm going to give everyone my home address, social security number, phone number, first name, surname, credit card number etc.
    Like they're so paranoid, I can't even say I called a professor to ask when a lecture is,
    they will say "What's his name?"
    and I say "You don't know them",
    "Just tell us the name",
    *tells name*,
    "It's a woman?!",
    "Yes?",
    "How old is she?",
    I'm like "What the heck..",

"Is she blonde or a brunette?
    Is she white or tanned?
    Is she European?
    Do you have a good relation to her?
    Where does she live?
    How many kids does she have?
    Who is her husband?
    Does she look sane?
    Is she a drug addict?
    Did you touch her?
    Do you have a photo of her?
    " and ooooon and oooon and oooon..

If they see anyone even reply to me with a smiley face or salaam - call the police, it's a rapistmurderertupacshakurkillabajiggadrugdilladawg e onlaahn finna shoot uhp yo criiub! PROTECT YA NECK! *dog noises*
    How could I betray them and go online and register on a muslim forum, what am I? A muslim?! The audacity, now pedophilia and death will happen everywhere, they knew it all along, OoOoOoohh the horror!
    Thunderstorm, what have you done to your family Thunderstooooorm!!!!
    Only this last paragraph is overdone, the rest is 100% unpolluted truth, they asked all of those questions many times, they really are like that. Mom and sis more than dad, but even he has this weird phobia to some extent, I'd tell him I'm on this forum if I knew he wouldn't go spread the word, because he doesn't freak out, he's just uncomfortable for a while and groans a bit about it.
    This post is one of the funniest I have read on UF. lol

Odan
    Mentioned
    224 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2075 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Spicen View Post
    This post is one of the funniest I have read on UF. lol
    +1

~dreamer
    Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1798 Post(s)

No secret.
    O people who take pleasure in a life that will vanish, falling in love with a fading shadow is sheer stupidity~ Ibn Qayyim Al-Jawziyya

1of the volatile beings myeverything's Avatar
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1543 Post(s)

I believe that all married folks in here ( men and women) keep this forum secret from their spouse, except for the very few who met/ get to know each other through this form in first place, then get married.
    How merciful Allah on me by giving me respite,and I persist in my sins and Allah shields me

Account Disabled

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1588 Post(s)

Do you keep this forum a secret?

Of course

Cant be having people who i know in real life reading all these embarrassing posts now, can we

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quoted
    200 Post(s)

I am always on the net. My family trust me and knows I won't do anything bad. So they don't ask me and I don't even mention anything to them.

But because I rarely interact with someone IRL, whenever someone calls me, they starts to tease me. They love it.

I remember once when my friend called because of something urgent. I went into my room and closed the door. When I finished and opened the door, I found all of them standing there.

"umm, is something wrong?"
    "Did you just talk on the phone"
    Yeeees....?
    "Was it a man?"
    ...mom pls...

They all lookin' at me like: "Don't lie to us, tell us his name... cmon, just say it... No problem. We pay for the wedding..." ( ͡° ͜ʖ ( ͡° ͜ʖ ( ͡° ͜ʖ ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ͜ʖ ͡°)ʖ ͡°)ʖ ͡°)

Don't even mention me telling them about being in a MUSLIM forum. They will never leave me alone

Odan
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quoted
    790 Post(s)

I will tell people that I am a user on here but I don't disclose my username.

Don't need anyone reading the rubbish I post on here at times ...makes me cringe when I read it back myself at times. Gives you more 'freedom' to share things which you wouldn't otherwise.

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Quoted
    699 Post(s)

I am anti-social, so no one knows my business.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quoted
    324 Post(s)

Always use private mode and instant browser closure if anyone Muslim looking gets too close..
    Spears shall be shaken! Shields shall be splintered! a sword day..a red day..ere the sun rises! Ride now! Ride now! Ride! Ride to ruin, and the world’s ending!

None of you truly believes until he loves for his brother what he loves for himself.”

Mentioned
    604 Post(s)
    Quoted
    9173 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abisali View Post
    I am anti-social, so no one knows my business.
    I so antisocial no one would find out just bc there is no one
    يَٰٓأَيُّهَا ٱلنَّاسُ ٱعْبُدُوا۟ رَبَّكُمُ ٱلَّذِى خَلَقَكُمْ وَٱلَّذِينَ مِن قَبْلِكُمْ لَعَلَّكُمْ تَتَّقُونَ

O mankind, worship your Lord, who created you and those before you, that you may become righteous

Surah Al Baqarah ayah 21

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Quoted
    699 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aynina View Post
    I so antisocial no one would find out just bc there is no one
    At least you're an exclusive member of the Cat Avatar Club. I am no longer taking recruits, so we are all more exclusive

Mentioned
    604 Post(s)
    Quoted
    9173 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abisali View Post
    At least you're an exclusive member of the Cat Avatar Club. I am no longer taking recruits, so we are all more exclusive
    Yaaas
    يَٰٓأَيُّهَا ٱلنَّاسُ ٱعْبُدُوا۟ رَبَّكُمُ ٱلَّذِى خَلَقَكُمْ وَٱلَّذِينَ مِن قَبْلِكُمْ لَعَلَّكُمْ تَتَّقُونَ

O mankind, worship your Lord, who created you and those before you, that you may become righteous

Surah Al Baqarah ayah 21

Mentioned
    409 Post(s)
    Quoted
    9427 Post(s)

Do you keep this forum a secret?

Yep. Otherwise my family will think I'll get recruited by ISIS.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    44 Post(s)

I joined some weeks ago and yes I have kept it a secret. My family doesn't always discuss what websites they browse or their online activity.

They probably would say why are you talking to weirdos on the Internet and how can you trust the ones who say they are Muslim if they actually are Muslim.

I have not told anyone because then I wouldn't be able to discuss certain things or give my opinions on matters. There are some things I rather my close ones don't know about.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quoted
    904 Post(s)

Some people know some people dont

Anyways i think its beneficial as i have learnt from others in terms of fiqh, imaan boosting and the social aspect of religiom and am able to give advice as well

Mentioned
    813 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6261 Post(s)
    وعليكم السلام و رحمة الله و بركاته

No
    إقراء القران فإنه يأتي يوم القيامة شفيعا لأصحابه

Odan
    Mentioned
    265 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2422 Post(s)

Of course

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    38 Post(s)

Family knows. Everyone else, I will only tell if they ask.
    It was narrated from Jabir bin 'Abdullah that the Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said: "O people, fear Allah and be moderate in seeking a living, for no soul will die until it has received all its provision, even if it is slow in coming. So fear Allah and be moderate in seeking provision; take that which is permissible and leave that which is forbidden. " Sunan Ibn Majah

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quoted
    305 Post(s)

Yeah

I told my older sister about this forum back when I first stopped posting and she strictly warned me against coming back. Because if father were to find out......... .

Actually idk what would happen but he really hates forums/social media.
    إن الصلاة تنهى عن الفحشاء والمنكر

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quoted
    904 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by islamuslim View Post
    Yeah

I told my older sister about this forum back when I first stopped posting and she strictly warned me against coming back. Because if father were to find out......... .

Actually idk what would happen but he really hates forums/social media.
    If someone is not religious at all any form of social contact can be bad online or phone etc

If you have some fear of Allah i think uf is ok as majority of people are good but still i would say ig fb is terrible even with religious people youl have a 100 marriage requests and the shaytaan is the 3rd person

Mentioned
    194 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5057 Post(s)

No secrets about this forum.

http://www.ilovepalestine.com/campai...imesinGaza.gif

"It does not befit the lion to answer the dogs."

– Imam al-Shafi’i (Rahimahullah)

Mentioned
    648 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7991 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Saif-Uddin View Post
    No secrets about this forum.

That's red herring you just posted.

Mentioned
    194 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5057 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Morose View Post
    That's red herring you just posted.
    You have secrets akhi,

Which you don't want to spill, but my family know I'm on the forum, and I don't keep changing my username to hide

There is nothing I said here that I wouldn't say in real life, if the need arose.
    http://www.ilovepalestine.com/campai...imesinGaza.gif

"It does not befit the lion to answer the dogs."

– Imam al-Shafi’i (Rahimahullah)