17 36.96%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Account Disabled

Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2864 Post(s)

Do you wear glasses?

I was just wondering how many of uze wear glasses. Alot of you seem to be avid readers whether it's deeni or whatever. I would read much more about deen but I think it affects my eyesight when I read on the phone. I don't wanna go blind and carrying around books is just long

Odan
    Mentioned
    588 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5367 Post(s)

Re: Do you wear glasses?

Quote Originally Posted by zantz View Post
    You remind me there used to be a whole clique of codbangers in school when mw2 just came out. At first their eyesight was fine but then 1 by 1 they all shocked everybody, coming to school with a new pair glasses. Alhumdulilllah god protected me from that
    I didn't sweat cod

Learn something new today
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quoted
    181 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ibzy View Post
    Lol once I had contacts on , I spent 30 minutes poking my eyes out not realising the contacts already fell out.
    Been there... Done that.

Mentioned
    624 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3938 Post(s)

Yes and still very handsome.

@Linkdeutscher should get the hipster glasses, hip wahhabi
    I am just a simple nomad.

Ephemeral reader

Account Disabled

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3074 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Indefinable View Post
    Well in theory lots can go wrong. As I was told, most of the time the worst that goes wrong is an infection. Alhamdulillah though, my sight is good and I don't regret my decision.

I always kept misplacing my glasses and lenses were uncomfortable.
    Yeah, not much will go wrong during the actual procedure, but it's certainly likely that you'll develop problems later on.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1111 Post(s)

I used to wear glasses when I was a kid, I don't have to anymore alhamdulillah, although I think glasses make men look cool and make women look attractive.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quoted
    51 Post(s)

I got over 30 sunglasses and i also sell designer frames and sunglasses in my clinic.

Do not invest your hopes in anyone but Allah and do not fear anything but the consequences and repercussions of your sins!

Uthmaan R.A

Mentioned
    262 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1121 Post(s)

No, but glasses are really cool.
    "Let the days do as they please
    And be optimistic when destiny decrees
    Do not despair due to the events of the past
    For the events of this world were not meant to last"

- Imam Shafi'i

Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Quoted
    706 Post(s)

(I don't know how this thread got bumped but..)

Yes I wear glasses. I've been wearing them since I was around the age of 9. I can somewhat see without my spectacles, but only stuff that's close.
    I never tried contacts, and I don't know if I want to.

This is a neat thread, interesting to see how many people have four eyes.

Mentioned
    605 Post(s)
    Quoted
    9199 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aynina View Post
    Wa aleiykum salaam i dont like reading at all but my eyesight is splendid Alhamdulillah
    Allahumma barik girl
    يَٰٓأَيُّهَا ٱلنَّاسُ ٱعْبُدُوا۟ رَبَّكُمُ ٱلَّذِى خَلَقَكُمْ وَٱلَّذِينَ مِن قَبْلِكُمْ لَعَلَّكُمْ تَتَّقُونَ

O mankind, worship your Lord, who created you and those before you, that you may become righteous

Surah Al Baqarah ayah 21

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    91 Post(s)

My eyesight is horrible, but I wear lenses when I am out. Wearing glasses literally makes me look like a completely different person.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quoted
    109 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aelmo View Post
    My eyesight is horrible, but I wear lenses when I am out. Wearing glasses literally makes me look like a completely different person.

I can totally relate to that, I have the same issue.
    Its actually rather interesting as to why certain people look totally different with/out their glasses. (I do have a theory though regarding this)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    91 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red Apples View Post

I can totally relate to that, I have the same issue.
    Its actually rather interesting as to why certain people look totally different with/out their glasses. (I do have a theory though regarding this)
    What's the theory?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    50 Post(s)

In primary school some of my friends wore them and got teased so I was happy I didn't wear them. In secondary school though I thought they looked cool on certain people and wanted glasses.

Alhumdulillah still don't need to wear them.

Mentioned
    1272 Post(s)
    Quoted
    9315 Post(s)

I am short sighted

I don't wear my glasses unless I really have to

Alhamdullilah we should still be grateful for it, especially people that don't need glasses, at times it can be a nuisance and costly.
    'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

So, which of the favours of your lord will you deny? ~ Surah Ar Rahman

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)

Just recite the "Ya Nooro" 11 times after every prayer, InshahAllah, your eyesight will be 6/6 always.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quoted
    399 Post(s)

I had laser eye surgery when I was 21 but recently I feel as though I need glasses again (although I've not actually worn glasses as i used to wear lenses)

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    83 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Layla_ View Post
    I had laser eye surgery when I was 21 but recently I feel as though I need glasses again (although I've not actually worn glasses as i used to wear lenses)
    Oh man that's a shame, I was thinking of getting laser eye surgery one day, I didn't know it can get bad again.

Odan
    Mentioned
    224 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2080 Post(s)

Seriously?

I had mine done a couple of years ago, and have had no problem since.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quoted
    399 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Deen95 View Post
    Oh man that's a shame, I was thinking of getting laser eye surgery one day, I didn't know it can get bad again.
    Mine messed up and even my brothers has. I don't regret it though, I think it was worth it whilst it lasted

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quoted
    399 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Indefinable View Post
    Seriously?

I had mine done a couple of years ago, and have had no problem since.

I had mine a few years ago but after my second daughter was born my eyesight deteriorated. Not badly but I defo need reading glasses. Apparently having a child can cause the eyes to go weak

Odan
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quoted
    542 Post(s)

I actually had my laser eye consultation yesterday and put in deposit for surgery end of December. I have looked in to the procedure few years ago but got scared after seeing demo. But I have regained my courage, so going for it

My regular eye doctor recommended I get them done sooner than later as I am already 30. He said in our 40's we need reading glass, so even if I get laser done I will still need reading glass & will not be glass free. So I am better of doing it now so I get a decade of glass free years. Our eyes just like every other body part does age with time. Even if you get laser done, it is not going to prevent eye from aging. With age comes worst vision, this is why most people do need glasses 10-15 years after surgery. But the new glass has lot less prescription & 10-15 year is worth it

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quoted
    109 Post(s)

​I am due for my 2 yearly eye Test soon.

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Quoted
    649 Post(s)

Yeah I wear glasses occasionally everything is fuzzy without it
    I been trying to do eye exercises that I seen on youtube i feel like it changed a bit of my vision but i havent been consistent with it.
    I want to get new color eye glasses I'm tired of black maybe it will help disguise me >_>
    I don't recommend laser eye surgery or any surgery unless it's necessary you can wear contacts if you don't like glasses.

YOU ARE PERMANENTLY CHANGING YOUR EYES WITH SURGERY IF YOU GO THROUGH IT AND THERE MIGHT BE COMPLICATIONS AND ALSO YOU MIGHT NEED GLASSES LATER ON SO WHATS THE POINT!!!!!!!

The REAL REASON I'm replying to this thread is because why is @zantz banned D: like what happened when I was gone?!!!!!!!!'
    I know he wanted to quit oneday but I didn't expect him to be banned wth......!!!!!!!!!
    “Do not commit injustice, because injustice is darkness on the Day of Judgment." (Sahih Muslim)
    They will say, "Had we but listened or used our intelligence, we would not be among the companions of the Blazing Fire." Qur'an 67:10 💚💙💜

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quoted
    109 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Qiyamah View Post
    Yeah I wear glasses occasionally everything is fuzzy without it
    I been trying to do eye exercises that I seen on youtube i feel like it changed a bit of my vision but i havent been consistent with it.
    I want to get new color eye glasses I'm tired of black maybe it will help disguise me >_>
    I don't recommend laser eye surgery or any surgery unless it's necessary you can wear contacts if you don't like glasses.

YOU ARE PERMANENTLY CHANGING YOUR EYES WITH SURGERY IF YOU GO THROUGH IT AND THERE MIGHT BE COMPLICATIONS AND ALSO YOU MIGHT NEED GLASSES LATER ON SO WHATS THE POINT!!!!!!!

The REAL REASON I'm replying to this thread is because why is @zantz banned D: like what happened when I was gone?!!!!!!!!'
    I know he wanted to quit oneday but I didn't expect him to be banned wth......!!!!!!!!!
    Thank you for pointing out the Laser eye surgery issue.
    I have been telling people that but I was surprised how many people are not told, or rather ill-advised about the possibility of wearing glasses later on.

I never knew this until late that this is the very reason that staff at Specsavers UK are not allowed to recommend it. Obviously one can counter argue that it serves the longevity of their business but it more the legal measures.

I do not know anything about your friend unfortunately but InshAllah he/she will boomerang back soon.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quoted
    109 Post(s)

I had mine a few years ago but after my second daughter was born my eyesight deteriorated. Not badly but I defo need reading glasses. Apparently having a child can cause the eyes to go weak
    That is medically true

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quoted
    109 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aelmo View Post
    What's the theory?

Salaam
    Sorry for not replying but my notification bar never show your question and I only saw it by utter fluke scrolling up here on the page.

My theory is that yes certain people will look totally different with glasses. For one, I believe that if someone is noticed by their eyes and bone structure around the eye by others first - they can possibly look different. Meaning that if you are a person that people generally notice your eyes or bone structure around your eye first, then should you wear glasses - you can look very different. The frame of the glasses will adjust the perception of the viewer totally.

Another reason certain people can look very different with glasses - is because - depending on the frame width, it can give a misconceived illusion on the actual size of the cheek bones.

The anti reflective part of the glass can distort your eye colour. I have first hand experience in this. I can remember when this first happened trying on my very first pair of glasses, it took 3 Optoms so come around and find a rational explanation.

I'd have to explain this one briefly. When I was little I had Blue eyes (Which is rare in Asian gene pool). It lasted for about 2 years and then changed brown. (This though is not so uncommon) When it changed brown, it left a thick receding Blue ring around the Brown Iris. Its very noticeable without glasses but BEHOLD !!! with anti reflective lenses - you cant see the blue at all !!!!
    So the explanation they gave me was the Brown Iris reflects light on the inside of anti reflective lens and the lens itself reflects back onto the Iris and this light bouncing back totally eliminates the blue when viewed by a third person looking at me. So the person looking at me wearing the glasses now only sees brown eyes.

So yes glasses can make people look very different. Better or worse.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Quoted
    587 Post(s)

@Qiyamah basically long story Im zantz and all is forgiven now eventho the ban was 4 wrong the reasons... This forums too hard to quit seniore
    It all starts with a thought

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Quoted
    649 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red Apples View Post

I have been telling people that but I was surprised how many people are not told, or rather ill-advised about the possibility of wearing glasses later on. I never knew this until late that this is the very reason that staff at Specsavers UK are not allowed to recommend it. Obviously one can counter argue that it serves the longevity of their business but it more the legal measures.

I do not know anything about your friend unfortunately but InshAllah he/she will boomerang back soon.
    Any kind of surgery that is not healthwise needed shouldn't be taken lightly and avoided I been suffering even though I had a minor surgery ugh the anathesia and other side effects it takes a while to heal.....I sometimes think my surgery wasn't worth it but I have another six months to fully see the results and nope not surgery with my eyes.

WELLLLL YOU WAS RIGHT WOW HE'S BEEN UNDER MY NOSE ALL THIS TIME WP I will rep you for it

Quote Originally Posted by Jumpski View Post
    @Qiyamah basically long story Im zantz and all is forgiven now eventho the ban was 4 wrong the reasons... This forums too hard to quit seniore
    ohhhhhh wowwwwwww you sound so different I wouldn't have suspected it's you because you sound like a 12 year now >_>
    But I guess it's you zantz since you always been nice to me.
    Jumpski will take time to get used to :L but I'm glad you're still here
    “Do not commit injustice, because injustice is darkness on the Day of Judgment." (Sahih Muslim)
    They will say, "Had we but listened or used our intelligence, we would not be among the companions of the Blazing Fire." Qur'an 67:10 💚💙💜

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Quoted
    587 Post(s)

@Qiyamah lol ik not really into this username either
    It all starts with a thought