Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Account Disabled

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    108 Post(s)

Why are many Jews pro-gay marriage?

I honestly don't mean to offend anyone, just trying to understand. I've noticed that many Jewish people are for gay marriage (and according to an article, the largest group that supports legalizing it). I don't understand why. In the Torah, God destroys an entire people because they committed sodomy (yes, among other sins, but it was highlighted as their biggest sin). Then, God sentences men caught in the act to death. I know the punishments act as indicators of the seriousness of the sins, so wouldn't the fact that death is the legal punishment for sodomy show that it's a very serious issue?

I'm putting this here because I didn't know where else to put it.

Account Disabled

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Quoted
    816 Post(s)

Re: Why are many Jews pro-gay marriage?

because many Jews are not practicing, and reform jews (as they're called in America, theyre called progressive in Europe) believe that they can choose which laws to follow and which laws not to follow.......part of the liberalization had to do with assimilating into western society and avoiding persecution.....

Account Disabled

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    108 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Striving for Janna View Post
    because many Jews are not practicing, and reform jews (as they're called in America, theyre called progressive in Europe) believe that they can choose which laws to follow and which laws not to follow.......part of the liberalization had to do with assimilating into western society and avoiding persecution.....
    I'm talking specifically about the religious ones, not the ethnic ones. Jzk though

Mentioned
    172 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3646 Post(s)

Their book doesn't say that being gay is a sin?
    Let not your love be infatuation and let not your hatred be destruction.

Mentioned
    212 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2425 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ferdus View Post
    I honestly don't mean to offend anyone, just trying to understand. I've noticed that many Jewish people are for gay marriage (and according to an article, the largest group that supports legalizing it). I don't understand why. In the Torah, God destroys an entire people because they committed sodomy (yes, among other sins, but it was highlighted as their biggest sin). Then, God sentences men caught in the act to death. I know the punishments act as indicators of the seriousness of the sins, so wouldn't the fact that death is the legal punishment for sodomy show that it's a very serious issue?

because jews dont practice their religion... i read a heartz article poll that 60% if israelis dont belive in God... so what about the jews who live abroad...

another thing is in Islam if u apostate that will prob get u killed and is extremly serious but in judaisim u can be an athiest jew...

this is another example of how their rabbis made the haram halal and halal haraam
    The Prophet (saw) advised to: “Take benefit of five before five: Your youth before your old age, your health before your sickness, your wealth before your poverty, your free time before you are preoccupied, and your life before your death
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgE...kS-Qi3nf3tcvPw

Mentioned
    212 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2425 Post(s)

I'm talking specifically about the religious ones, not the ethnic ones. Jzk though
    "the religious ones" like our prophet pbuh said .. they make halal haraam and haraam halal...

here is an example of making haraam halal..

No it is a huge debatable issue for many reasons. The biggest reason is that this commandment is not put in with the other commandments about who you shouldn't have sex with. Why is this? Instead it is put in with all the commandments about not following other nations, not worshiping Baal and Molech, and it is sandwiched with verses before and after about idol worship. Why is this? Baal and Molech were gods that had priests who often had sex and many were male homosexual priests who would use sex as an offering. In Jewish culture you already understood that giving your sperm in a woman who was of another religion was an act of idol worship, and all Jewish men knew this and are still taught this today. Hench why Jews only marry Jews or converted Jews. But was there a grey line with a man who was Jewish and gay having sex with another man who worshiped another god? This is where these verses came in, to explain. I am a torah scholar and I do not believe what so ever that the Torah is saying homosexuality is forbidden. I believe what the Torah says word for word in Aramaic and Hebrew, and I do not listen to any greek, latin, english or any other language translations as they are clearly easily twisted - Brian Mc comas
    The Prophet (saw) advised to: “Take benefit of five before five: Your youth before your old age, your health before your sickness, your wealth before your poverty, your free time before you are preoccupied, and your life before your death

Account Disabled

Mentioned
    238 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6017 Post(s)

Thing is that the muslim idea of what modern day jews are like is very outdated. Muslims think that jews are a nice band of religious monotheists who striving to serve their god.

Infact jews were the ones who were at the fore-front of pro-gaymovements and other liberal movements in USA.

Even in Orthodox Judaism, only male homosexuality is forbidden but female homos are not forbidden. Male homos are not accepted because spilling of the "holy seed" is considered to be a sin in one of the biblical stories.

And read this, this should update u on what jews are: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/0..._n_978418.html
    Last edited by Spicen; 18-06-16 at 11:05 AM.

Account Disabled

Mentioned
    238 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6017 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ibn Taleb View Post
    because jews dont practice their religion... i read a heartz article poll that 60% if israelis dont belive in God... so what about the jews who live abroad...

another thing is in Islam if u apostate that will prob get u killed and is extremly serious but in judaisim u can be an athiest jew...

this is another example of how their rabbis made the haram halal and halal haraam
    There is death for apostasy in Judaism as well if im not wrong.

But an atheist jew is not considered to be an apostate.

Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1088 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Striving for Janna View Post
    This is true. There's a line nobody makes between ethnic Jews and followers of Judaism, everyone insists on using the same term for both.

Every religion has their fair share of Irshad-Manji weirdos, It's a common concern both for us and the ahl al kitaab which we ought to crack down on, because it spreads(in my country the homosexuals are pushing or getting a revolution through, which is absurd because we're extremely conservative, and they get funded by the Swedish government as well as American homosexual organization who literally use deceit, also they're bringing in foreigners to have demonstrations to try and create the illusion that people in the country actually support it), and while we bicker in debates or over politics, the postmodernists, atheists, secularists, liberals, homosexualists(yes, it's a thing) etc. are spreading their ideology and tricking commonfolk to try and get a majority so that theism would wither away in oblivion of uneducated masses.

Anyhow, pertaining to the topic at hand, another factor is that I've noticed there are even rabbis who are what would be the counterparts to the salafis in Islam, who won't oppose homosexuals and gay marriage, here's an example:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bfUSPXMe8yE

Quote Originally Posted by shay5 View Post
    Their book doesn't say that being gay is a sin?
    It does, but like I said above and @Striving for Janna said; many are non-practicing, and they have certain conservative rabbis who issue fatawa that it is okay to do such a thing because there is no council in Jerusalem at the moment.
    However, there are many Jews in NYC, if I've understood it all correctly, who are true to the Torah more.

Mentioned
    212 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2425 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Spicen View Post
    There is death for apostasy in Judaism as well if im not wrong.

But an atheist jew is not considered to be an apostate.
    like what thunderstrom said... u can be an ethnic jew (cultural) and still be considerd a jew

Mentioned
    388 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1711 Post(s)

The reason is that if corruption spreads amongst the gentiles, the curse of God will be upon them and they will be worthy of destruction, something positive for the religious ones among the jews. They hate it amongst themselves though, and while they've always had this mentality, they never spread corruption save that it surfaces the most within themselves first and foremost above everyone else.

Second, when populations are rotten to the core, they are ripe for manipulating and taking control of. You see that is what has happened in the USA, before when it was a more religious society, they had more control over their affairs. After they took advantage of the civil rights movement and left blacks in the dust, you now see the country is dominated by interest, its populace are all economic slaves, and moral corruption is very widespread in their society such that even basic systems like family are completely fallen apart. Who is ultimately benefiting and pocketing all the wealth? Banks. And who owns them? Israel, in the end, the treasure cave where all that money/weaponry is stashed.
    والمبادرة إلى التكفير إنما تغلب على طباع من يغلب عليهم الجهل - ابن تيمية رحمه الله - بغية المرتاد

"Rushing towards takfir is an attitude which is dominant over those who are defeated by ignorance." - Ibn Taymiyyah Rahimahullah [Bughyatul Murtaad, page 354]

Account Disabled

Mentioned
    238 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6017 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ibn Taleb View Post
    like what thunderstrom said... u can be an ethnic jew (cultural) and still be considerd a jew
    The only proper(somewhat proper) jews i think are the hareidi jews.

Thing is homosexuality is rife among their rabbis too. Like the christian priests. Ofcourse they condemn it but it still happens behind closed doors.

Account Disabled

Mentioned
    238 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6017 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by علي View Post
    The reason is that if corruption spreads amongst the gentiles, the curse of God will be upon them and they will be worthy of destruction, something positive for the religious ones among the jews. They hate it amongst themselves though, and while they've always had this mentality, they never spread corruption save that it surfaces the most within themselves first and foremost above everyone else.

Second, when populations are rotten to the core, they are ripe for manipulating and taking control of. You see that is what has happened in the USA, before when it was a more religious society, they had more control over their affairs. After they took advantage of the civil rights movement and left blacks in the dust, you now see the country is dominated by interest, its populace are all economic slaves, and moral corruption is very widespread in their society such that even basic systems like family are completely fallen apart. Who is ultimately benefiting and pocketing all the wealth? Banks. And who owns them? Israel, in the end, the treasure cave where all that money/weaponry is stashed.
    The correct answer is jews. Jews have been in the banking/interest for a long, long time.

Mentioned
    388 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1711 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Spicen View Post
    The correct answer is jews. Jews have been in the banking/interest for a long, long time.
    Yeah I use the two interchangeably, because when you see scandals like bernie madoff for instance, and people are like "where did all that money go?", the answer is the same place all other missing money goes. To the pirate's treasure cave, israel.
    والمبادرة إلى التكفير إنما تغلب على طباع من يغلب عليهم الجهل - ابن تيمية رحمه الله - بغية المرتاد

"Rushing towards takfir is an attitude which is dominant over those who are defeated by ignorance." - Ibn Taymiyyah Rahimahullah [Bughyatul Murtaad, page 354]

Account Disabled

Mentioned
    238 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6017 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by علي View Post
    Yeah I use the two interchangeably, because when you see scandals like bernie madoff for instance, and people are like "where did all that money go?", the answer is the same place all other missing money goes. To the pirate's treasure cave, israel.
    Lol i can understand. I also use the term "zionist" instead of jews because that is more politically correct.