Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Ads by Muslim Ad Network


View Poll Results: Sisters, what's your favourite type of housework?

Voters
35. You may not vote on this poll
  • Cooking/Baking

    18 51.43%
  • Washing dishes

    0 0%
  • Washing/hanging clothes/laundry

    1 2.86%
  • Vacuuming

    6 17.14%
  • Folding clothes

    1 2.86%
  • Tidying up/putting items where they belong

    4 11.43%
  • General cleaning (i.e, wiping windows, dusting, etcetera)

    0 0%
  • Gardening

    1 2.86%
  • Other (please state)

    4 11.43%
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 120 of 201
  1. #1
    Patience is a virtue The Poet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Gender
    Girl Female
    Posts
    654
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Quoted
    432 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    55

    Sisters, what's your favourite type of housework?



    As females, housework plays a major role in our life. It's something inevitable and we can't escape it. But, there's certain types of housework that we prefer to do more than others. Let's discuss anything housework related on this thread and don't forget to vote in the poll

    “And We have already created man and know what his soul whispers to him, and We are closer to him than (his) jugular vein.” (Quran 50:16)

  2. #81
    Al Muwahid Ibn Taleb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    3,877
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2425 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    181

    Re: Sisters, what's your favourite type of housework?

    Quote Originally Posted by MyUsernameIs... View Post
    Something along the lines of this ...

    Attachment 83788
    ohhh .. thank you
    The Prophet (saw) advised to: “Take benefit of five before five: Your youth before your old age, your health before your sickness, your wealth before your poverty, your free time before you are preoccupied, and your life before your death
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgE...kS-Qi3nf3tcvPw

  3. #82
    Further notice
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Gender
    Girl Female
    Posts
    21,040
    Mentioned
    404 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3016 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    1089

    Re: Sisters, what's your favourite type of housework?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mohamed Mifxal View Post
    sounds disgusting, beans are good in curries for me
    I beg of you da pardon, what u saying about da beanis on da toastie?

    لا تفكر كثيرا
    بل استغفر كثيرا

    -------------------------------------------------------
    The children need your prayers more than anyone else
    -------------------------------------------------------
    www.inheritorsofquran.wordpress.com

  4. #83
    Odan
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    13,376
    Mentioned
    403 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6626 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    583

    Re: Sisters, what's your favourite type of housework?

    Quote Originally Posted by F_R View Post
    As females housework plays a major part in our lives? Are you having a larf m8? Housework plays a major part in the life of anyone who lives in one.

    Anyways, ignoring that first line, I would say I don't really have a favourite. I used to enjoy doing the dishes and cleaning the kitchen but then the thought of getting my hands wet sometimes doesn't appeal so I will dodge it (like lately coz I've been busy). So I opt for hoovering the living room and corridor. Hoovering is my favourite lately coz it's dry and makes a big difference and is exercise and mum thinks I've done a lot haha.

    Ironing used to be fun once a very long time ago but now I look at it with evils coz it's ever so tedious! Maybe ironing baby clothes would be appealing but anything else no.

    Oh and my love for cleaning the toilet has also gone down the drain due to being busy.

    Gardening and outside work is for the boys so no.

    Laundry is equally long and boring.

    Gosh I'm.lucky to even be doing any housework.
    You having a larf mate...womenz do the majority! That's how its going to be for you too when you're married. Stop dreaming!

  5. #84
    Super Moderator Jenicca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Gender
    Girl Female
    Posts
    22,124
    Mentioned
    590 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1569 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    728

    Re: Sisters, what's your favourite type of housework?

    Quote Originally Posted by F_R View Post
    As females housework plays a major part in our lives? Are you having a larf m8? Housework plays a major part in the life of anyone who lives in one.

    Anyways, ignoring that first line, I would say I don't really have a favourite. I used to enjoy doing the dishes and cleaning the kitchen but then the thought of getting my hands wet sometimes doesn't appeal so I will dodge it (like lately coz I've been busy). So I opt for hoovering the living room and corridor. Hoovering is my favourite lately coz it's dry and makes a big difference and is exercise and mum thinks I've done a lot haha.

    Ironing used to be fun once a very long time ago but now I look at it with evils coz it's ever so tedious! Maybe ironing baby clothes would be appealing but anything else no.

    Oh and my love for cleaning the toilet has also gone down the drain due to being busy.

    Gardening and outside work is for the boys so no.

    Laundry is equally long and boring.

    Gosh I'm.lucky to even be doing any housework.
    I have heard many narrations of where the Awliyah of Allah swt would personally clean the bathrooms in the Masaajid and sweep and clean etc subhan'Allah.

    I have also been taught from my Ma'shaaikh that there is a humility attached to cleaning up after others and rendering yourself in services to others, especially doing something so low, that with the correct intention Allah swt can elevate our status.

    Just as you purify the filth from you home, ask Allah swt to cleanse your soul so it can be recipient of his love.
    وَالْعَصْرِ

    إِنَّ الْإِنسَانَ لَفِي خُسْرٍ

    إِلَّا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا وَعَمِلُوا الصَّالِحَاتِ وَتَوَاصَوْا بِالْحَقِّ وَتَوَاصَوْا بِالصَّبْرِ

    "If Allah (swt) only sent this Surah to us, for the guidance of Mankind, this will be enough for us” - Imam Shaafi'ee r.a.

    "Yeh dunya daar e faani hain, Tum apna dil mat lagaon, Ganimat samaj zinadagee ki bahar, aana na hoga, yahaa baar baar......"

    Khanqah Habibiyah

  6. #85
    اصبر aynina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Gender
    Girl Female
    Posts
    11,279
    Mentioned
    604 Post(s)
    Quoted
    9180 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    602

    Re: Sisters, what's your favourite type of housework?

    Oh i love making pastries and desserts like chocolate mousse and tiramisu etc
    يَٰٓأَيُّهَا ٱلنَّاسُ ٱعْبُدُوا۟ رَبَّكُمُ ٱلَّذِى خَلَقَكُمْ وَٱلَّذِينَ مِن قَبْلِكُمْ لَعَلَّكُمْ تَتَّقُونَ

    O mankind, worship your Lord, who created you and those before you, that you may become righteous

    Surah Al Baqarah ayah 21

  7. #86
    Further notice
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Gender
    Girl Female
    Posts
    21,040
    Mentioned
    404 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3016 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    1089

    Re: Sisters, what's your favourite type of housework?

    Quote Originally Posted by zi-zizou View Post
    You having a larf mate...womenz do the majority! That's how its going to be for you too when you're married. Stop dreaming!
    I wonder why!

    And I will not get married if that's the case!!!!!

    But seriously this is very silly, anyone who lives in a house will have to do housework except if they have cleaners and if not they should do it themselves. It's our mothers who have babied the boys and made them lazy gits.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jenicca View Post
    I have heard many narrations of where the Awliyah of Allah swt would personally clean the bathrooms in the Masaajid and sweep and clean etc subhan'Allah.

    I have also been taught from my Ma'shaaikh that there is a humility attached to cleaning up after others and rendering yourself in services to others, especially doing something so low, that with the correct intention Allah swt can elevate our status.

    Just as you purify the filth from you home, ask Allah swt to cleanse your soul so it can be recipient of his love.
    That was deep and unexpected

    لا تفكر كثيرا
    بل استغفر كثيرا

    -------------------------------------------------------
    The children need your prayers more than anyone else
    -------------------------------------------------------
    www.inheritorsofquran.wordpress.com

  8. #87
    اصبر aynina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Gender
    Girl Female
    Posts
    11,279
    Mentioned
    604 Post(s)
    Quoted
    9180 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    602

    Re: Sisters, what's your favourite type of housework?

    I wonder, if a husband does an 8 hour/day job how much you can expect from him when he comes home. Like some sisters get angry when they say the woman does the housework but isnt that just our job?

    I honestly dont think housekeeping is more work compared to his job.
    يَٰٓأَيُّهَا ٱلنَّاسُ ٱعْبُدُوا۟ رَبَّكُمُ ٱلَّذِى خَلَقَكُمْ وَٱلَّذِينَ مِن قَبْلِكُمْ لَعَلَّكُمْ تَتَّقُونَ

    O mankind, worship your Lord, who created you and those before you, that you may become righteous

    Surah Al Baqarah ayah 21

  9. #88
    Odan
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    13,376
    Mentioned
    403 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6626 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    583

    Re: Sisters, what's your favourite type of housework?

    Quote Originally Posted by F_R View Post
    I wonder why!

    And I will not get married if that's the case!!!!!

    But seriously this is very silly, anyone who lives in a house will have to do housework except if they have cleaners and if not they should do it themselves. It's our mothers who have babied the boys and made them lazy gits.



    That was deep and unexpected

    What?!? you expect your husband to go out to work and then come home and do as much if not more than you at home? You are having a larf mate!!! I'm not saying he will do nothing but the majority falls on women. Have a look in your household...it won't be that much different from what goes on in other households.

  10. #89
    Odan
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    13,376
    Mentioned
    403 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6626 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    583

    Re: Sisters, what's your favourite type of housework?

    Quote Originally Posted by aynina View Post
    I wonder, if a husband does an 8 hour/day job how much you can expect from him when he comes home. Like some sisters get angry when they say the woman does the housework but isnt that just our job?

    I honestly dont think housekeeping is more work compared to his job.
    Don't worry reality will set in soon enough...usually happens just before turning 30. That number...truly is one special number.

  11. #90
    اصبر aynina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Gender
    Girl Female
    Posts
    11,279
    Mentioned
    604 Post(s)
    Quoted
    9180 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    602

    Re: Sisters, what's your favourite type of housework?

    Quote Originally Posted by zi-zizou View Post
    Don't worry reality will set in soon enough...usually happens just before turning 30. That number...truly is one special number.
    How do u mean? I dont want my husband to have to do housework it like my biggest fear
    Dont ruin the dream
    يَٰٓأَيُّهَا ٱلنَّاسُ ٱعْبُدُوا۟ رَبَّكُمُ ٱلَّذِى خَلَقَكُمْ وَٱلَّذِينَ مِن قَبْلِكُمْ لَعَلَّكُمْ تَتَّقُونَ

    O mankind, worship your Lord, who created you and those before you, that you may become righteous

    Surah Al Baqarah ayah 21

  12. #91
    Odan
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    13,376
    Mentioned
    403 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6626 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    583

    Re: Sisters, what's your favourite type of housework?

    Quote Originally Posted by aynina View Post
    How do u mean? I dont want my husband to have to do housework it like my biggest fear
    Dont ruin the dream
    I don't see anything wrong with him doing some things to help out. It's a good thing, surely.

  13. #92
    اصبر aynina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Gender
    Girl Female
    Posts
    11,279
    Mentioned
    604 Post(s)
    Quoted
    9180 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    602

    Re: Sisters, what's your favourite type of housework?

    Quote Originally Posted by zi-zizou View Post
    I don't see anything wrong with him doing some things to help out. It's a good thing, surely.
    I know but its how i personally feel about it
    يَٰٓأَيُّهَا ٱلنَّاسُ ٱعْبُدُوا۟ رَبَّكُمُ ٱلَّذِى خَلَقَكُمْ وَٱلَّذِينَ مِن قَبْلِكُمْ لَعَلَّكُمْ تَتَّقُونَ

    O mankind, worship your Lord, who created you and those before you, that you may become righteous

    Surah Al Baqarah ayah 21

  14. #93
    Further notice
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Gender
    Girl Female
    Posts
    21,040
    Mentioned
    404 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3016 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    1089

    Re: Sisters, what's your favourite type of housework?

    Quote Originally Posted by zi-zizou View Post
    What?!? you expect your husband to go out to work and then come home and do as much if not more than you at home? You are having a larf mate!!! I'm not saying he will do nothing but the majority falls on women. Have a look in your household...it won't be that much different from what goes on in other households.
    And what if I'm working too eh?! Then what!?!! He expects me to do more housework than him? Now who's having a larf.

    You do know it isn't an obligation and i won't be doing anything wrong if I dont do the housework right? He can hire a maid for that if he wants.

    And i comply with what happens at home for my mother and I don't clean up after the grown men at home including my younger bro. One of my aunts is pro us so she makes her boys do just as much. It's our parents who shoved it all on the girls and didn't teach the boys how to clean after themselves.

    Ugh this is such basic common sense but many folk dont know it!!!

    لا تفكر كثيرا
    بل استغفر كثيرا

    -------------------------------------------------------
    The children need your prayers more than anyone else
    -------------------------------------------------------
    www.inheritorsofquran.wordpress.com

  15. #94
    Land of Poets...
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Gender
    Girl Female
    Posts
    1,274
    Mentioned
    116 Post(s)
    Quoted
    904 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    107

    Re: Sisters, what's your favourite type of housework?

    Quote Originally Posted by aynina View Post
    I wonder, if a husband does an 8 hour/day job how much you can expect from him when he comes home. Like some sisters get angry when they say the woman does the housework but isnt that just our job?

    I honestly dont think housekeeping is more work compared to his job.
    Doesn't he live in the house too? It wouldn't be too much to expect him to chip in with the household chores.

    Housework is a lot more because it's never-ending, and it's often tedious and a thankless job. He gets to clock off after his 8 hr shift, long before yours is over.

    Living in a clean and well-maintained house is everyone's job. Teamwork makes the dream work.

  16. #95
    اصبر aynina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Gender
    Girl Female
    Posts
    11,279
    Mentioned
    604 Post(s)
    Quoted
    9180 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    602

    Re: Sisters, what's your favourite type of housework?

    Quote Originally Posted by Zaitoonah View Post
    Doesn't he live in the house too? It wouldn't be too much to expect him to chip in with the household chores.

    Housework is a lot more because it's never-ending, and it's often tedious and a thankless job. He gets to clock off after his 8 hr shift, long before yours is over.

    Living in a clean and well-maintained house is everyone's job. Teamwork makes the dream work.
    Yes he lives there too, but he does his share outside the house, he maintains you with the money he makes working hard. So the least we can do as a thank you is making aure he comes home into a nice place which is calming for him after a long work day. It compensates sis, he brings in the money, we keep his house tidy for him.

    And yes it is a never ending job, but we dont work non stop like he does for 8 hours straight.
    يَٰٓأَيُّهَا ٱلنَّاسُ ٱعْبُدُوا۟ رَبَّكُمُ ٱلَّذِى خَلَقَكُمْ وَٱلَّذِينَ مِن قَبْلِكُمْ لَعَلَّكُمْ تَتَّقُونَ

    O mankind, worship your Lord, who created you and those before you, that you may become righteous

    Surah Al Baqarah ayah 21

  17. #96
    Further notice
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Gender
    Girl Female
    Posts
    21,040
    Mentioned
    404 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3016 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    1089

    Re: Sisters, what's your favourite type of housework?

    Quote Originally Posted by aynina View Post
    Yes he lives there too, but he does his share outside the house, he maintains you with the money he makes working hard. So the least we can do as a thank you is making aure he comes home into a nice place which is calming for him after a long work day. It compensates sis, he brings in the money, we keep his house tidy for him.

    And yes it is a never ending job, but we dont work non stop like he does for 8 hours straight.
    Your post before this one had it all twisted. No it isn't our job to cook and clean, there are people who do those for a living. The wife's job description doesn't entail cleaning or cooking. Her job description is something else.

    And he has to clean up after himself, he's not a flippin baby or a toddler who is being taught this. He doesn't work non-stop. He takes breaks and once he is done with work he leaves the environment. Poor madam will still be in the same environment. And its not about the money, again it is his duty to provide and bring the food home, her duty is to guard her chastity, the house and some other stuff which I cant remember.

    لا تفكر كثيرا
    بل استغفر كثيرا

    -------------------------------------------------------
    The children need your prayers more than anyone else
    -------------------------------------------------------
    www.inheritorsofquran.wordpress.com

  18. #97
    Land of Poets...
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Gender
    Girl Female
    Posts
    1,274
    Mentioned
    116 Post(s)
    Quoted
    904 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    107

    Re: Sisters, what's your favourite type of housework?

    Quote Originally Posted by aynina View Post
    Yes he lives there too, but he does his share outside the house, he maintains you with the money he makes working hard. So the least we can do as a thank you is making aure he comes home into a nice place which is calming for him after a long work day. It compensates sis, he brings in the money, we keep his house tidy for him.

    And yes it is a never ending job, but we dont work non stop like he does for 8 hours straight.

    8hr shift isn't that impressive sis. Maybe if he worked a graveyard shift of 12+hrs I might be slightly impressed. However, sitting in an air-conditioned office for 8 hrs isn't as remarkable as you make it out to be.

    So will you stop cleaning the house if he stops working? You should clean your house because you value cleanliness above all else and not as a favour to him

    And what if you both work? Anyhow, each family will do what works best for them depending on their circumstances.

  19. #98
    Further notice
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Gender
    Girl Female
    Posts
    21,040
    Mentioned
    404 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3016 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    1089

    Re: Sisters, what's your favourite type of housework?

    Quote Originally Posted by Zaitoonah View Post
    Doesn't he live in the house too? It wouldn't be too much to expect him to chip in with the household chores.

    Housework is a lot more because it's never-ending, and it's often tedious and a thankless job. He gets to clock off after his 8 hr shift, long before yours is over.

    Living in a clean and well-maintained house is everyone's job. Teamwork makes the dream work.
    Exactly

    لا تفكر كثيرا
    بل استغفر كثيرا

    -------------------------------------------------------
    The children need your prayers more than anyone else
    -------------------------------------------------------
    www.inheritorsofquran.wordpress.com

  20. #99
    Odan
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    13,376
    Mentioned
    403 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6626 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    583

    Re: Sisters, what's your favourite type of housework?

    Quote Originally Posted by F_R View Post
    And what if I'm working too eh?! Then what!?!! He expects me to do more housework than him? Now who's having a larf.

    You do know it isn't an obligation and i won't be doing anything wrong if I dont do the housework right? He can hire a maid for that if he wants.

    And i comply with what happens at home for my mother and I don't clean up after the grown men at home including my younger bro. One of my aunts is pro us so she makes her boys do just as much. It's our parents who shoved it all on the girls and didn't teach the boys how to clean after themselves.

    Ugh this is such basic common sense but many folk dont know it!!!
    Let him know before you get married if you intend to work and intend not to do any housework because it's not an obligation. Can't imagine there are too many men that would sign on the dotted line for that when there are still women out there that would not mention getting a maid.

  21. #100
    Further notice
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Gender
    Girl Female
    Posts
    21,040
    Mentioned
    404 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3016 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    1089

    Re: Sisters, what's your favourite type of housework?

    Quote Originally Posted by zi-zizou View Post
    Let him know before you get married if you intend to work and intend not to do any housework because it's not an obligation. Can't imagine there are too many men that would sign on the dotted line for that when there are still women out there that would not mention getting a maid.
    Well he should be smart enough to know that it ain't my obligation and that marriage and just about cleaning. Why marry an unintelligent man who dont comprehend this in the first place?! Duhhhh

    And you mean women who will just do the cleaning coz they think they have to and they haven't been liberated by this knowledge

    لا تفكر كثيرا
    بل استغفر كثيرا

    -------------------------------------------------------
    The children need your prayers more than anyone else
    -------------------------------------------------------
    www.inheritorsofquran.wordpress.com

  22. #101
    Land of Poets...
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Gender
    Girl Female
    Posts
    1,274
    Mentioned
    116 Post(s)
    Quoted
    904 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    107

    Re: Sisters, what's your favourite type of housework?

    This topic would be more interesting if it was asking which household chore do you hate the most?

    Laundry..would be on the top of my list. PILES and PILES of laundry.

  23. #102
    Odan
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    13,376
    Mentioned
    403 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6626 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    583

    Re: Sisters, what's your favourite type of housework?

    Quote Originally Posted by Zaitoonah View Post
    Doesn't he live in the house too? It wouldn't be too much to expect him to chip in with the household chores.

    Housework is a lot more because it's never-ending, and it's often tedious and a thankless job. He gets to clock off after his 8 hr shift, long before yours is over.

    Living in a clean and well-maintained house is everyone's job. Teamwork makes the dream work.
    When no children are involved, housework for most is nothing more than about 4-5 hours work. Let's not get carried away.

    And don't forget not everyone works in an office which is just round the corner from where they live. and even if they do they are not exactly twiddling their thumbs.

    The MAJORITY of housework in the MAJORITY of households gets done by women. I've never said the man does nothing but for some reason it did not take long for the "maid" to come along.

  24. #103
    اصبر aynina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Gender
    Girl Female
    Posts
    11,279
    Mentioned
    604 Post(s)
    Quoted
    9180 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    602

    Re: Sisters, what's your favourite type of housework?

    Im not indenting to marry a man that doesnt work all day exept for if he is sick or has a good reason and in that case i would still do everything around the house.

    I guess everyone is different, but this is my way of showing respect, love and appreciation
    @F_R @Zaitoonah
    يَٰٓأَيُّهَا ٱلنَّاسُ ٱعْبُدُوا۟ رَبَّكُمُ ٱلَّذِى خَلَقَكُمْ وَٱلَّذِينَ مِن قَبْلِكُمْ لَعَلَّكُمْ تَتَّقُونَ

    O mankind, worship your Lord, who created you and those before you, that you may become righteous

    Surah Al Baqarah ayah 21

  25. #104
    Peace ms.muslimah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Gender
    Girl Female
    Posts
    4,634
    Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3205 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    207

    Re: Sisters, what's your favourite type of housework?

    Quote Originally Posted by aynina View Post
    I wonder, if a husband does an 8 hour/day job how much you can expect from him when he comes home. Like some sisters get angry when they say the woman does the housework but isnt that just our job?

    I honestly dont think housekeeping is more work compared to his job.
    I agree, it is the woman's job to take care of her home. Unless I had kids, I would feel bad if he was working and doing household chores (I wouldn't mind him taking out the trash though).

    I think housekeeping may or may not be more work, it depends on what his job is. If he's like a construction worker then I don't think housekeeping is as hard. If he works in an office I think housekeeping might be more difficult than that.
    Narrated Anas:
    The Prophet (ﷺ) said, "None of you will have faith till he wishes for his (Muslim) brother what he likes for himself." [Bukhari]

  26. #105
    Land of Poets...
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Gender
    Girl Female
    Posts
    1,274
    Mentioned
    116 Post(s)
    Quoted
    904 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    107

    Re: Sisters, what's your favourite type of housework?

    Quote Originally Posted by zi-zizou View Post
    When no children are involved, housework for most is nothing more than about 4-5 hours work. Let's not get carried away.

    And don't forget not everyone works in an office which is just round the corner from where they live. and even if they do they are not exactly twiddling their thumbs.

    The MAJORITY of housework in the MAJORITY of households gets done by women. I've never said the man does nothing but for some reason it did not take long for the "maid" to come along.
    I'm gonna let F_R deal with you.


    :She's got it covered.





    Which household chore does your better half force you to do?

  27. #106
    Odan
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    13,376
    Mentioned
    403 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6626 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    583

    Re: Sisters, what's your favourite type of housework?

    Quote Originally Posted by F_R View Post
    Well he should be smart enough to know that it ain't my obligation and that marriage and just about cleaning. Why marry an unintelligent man who dont comprehend this in the first place?! Duhhhh

    And you mean women who will just do the cleaning coz they think they have to and they haven't been liberated by this knowledge
    I think most men will assume that he's going out to work and the wife will be at home taking care of the house. That's the team work in action. If something else is on his or your mind then both should make it known before agreeing to get married. Most men will get this clarified anyway even if the woman wants to hold it back.

  28. #107
    Odan
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    13,376
    Mentioned
    403 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6626 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    583

    Re: Sisters, what's your favourite type of housework?

    Quote Originally Posted by Zaitoonah View Post
    I'm gonna let F_R deal with you.


    :She's got it covered.





    Which household chore does your better half force you to do?
    Like you she does the majority!

  29. #108
    Land of Poets...
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Gender
    Girl Female
    Posts
    1,274
    Mentioned
    116 Post(s)
    Quoted
    904 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    107

    Re: Sisters, what's your favourite type of housework?

    Quote Originally Posted by zi-zizou View Post
    Like you she does the majority!
    That's not what I asked, but as always, you're good at ducking. Do you use that skill to get out of lifting a finger too?

  30. #109
    Odan
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    13,376
    Mentioned
    403 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6626 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    583

    Re: Sisters, what's your favourite type of housework?

    Quote Originally Posted by Zaitoonah View Post
    That's not what I asked, but as always, you're good at ducking. Do you use that skill to get out of lifting a finger too?
    Posted it yesterday, do try and keep up. Hope you do your chores more productively...

    http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthrea...=1#post7008843

  31. #110
    اصبر aynina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Gender
    Girl Female
    Posts
    11,279
    Mentioned
    604 Post(s)
    Quoted
    9180 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    602

    Re: Sisters, what's your favourite type of housework?

    Quote Originally Posted by ms.muslimah View Post
    I agree, it is the woman's job to take care of her home. Unless I had kids, I would feel bad if he was working and doing household chores (I wouldn't mind him taking out the trash though).

    I think housekeeping may or may not be more work, it depends on what his job is. If he's like a construction worker then I don't think housekeeping is as hard. If he works in an office I think housekeeping might be more difficult than that.
    True if there are children its a different story but yea i just wouldnt want to ask my husband a bunch of things after he just finished a long day
    يَٰٓأَيُّهَا ٱلنَّاسُ ٱعْبُدُوا۟ رَبَّكُمُ ٱلَّذِى خَلَقَكُمْ وَٱلَّذِينَ مِن قَبْلِكُمْ لَعَلَّكُمْ تَتَّقُونَ

    O mankind, worship your Lord, who created you and those before you, that you may become righteous

    Surah Al Baqarah ayah 21

  32. #111
    Land of Poets...
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Gender
    Girl Female
    Posts
    1,274
    Mentioned
    116 Post(s)
    Quoted
    904 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    107

    Re: Sisters, what's your favourite type of housework?

    Quote Originally Posted by zi-zizou View Post
    Posted it yesterday, do try and keep up. Hope you do your chores more productively...

    http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthrea...=1#post7008843
    I didn't even see that thread until now. Keep up? I'm not quite convinced you do all of that, and if you do, it's probably under duress.

  33. #112
    Odan
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    13,376
    Mentioned
    403 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6626 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    583

    Re: Sisters, what's your favourite type of housework?

    Quote Originally Posted by Zaitoonah View Post
    I didn't even see that thread until now. Keep up? I'm not quite convinced you do all of that, and if you do, it's probably under duress.
    It's just a bit of housework...no need to lie about it. But I can see you being a woman would think that's a lot.

  34. #113
    Land of Poets...
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Gender
    Girl Female
    Posts
    1,274
    Mentioned
    116 Post(s)
    Quoted
    904 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    107

    Re: Sisters, what's your favourite type of housework?

    Quote Originally Posted by zi-zizou View Post
    It's just a bit of housework...no need to lie about it. But I can see you being a woman would think that's a lot.
    Just a bit...how thought you said it was women who did the majority of the housework?

    I don't think it's a lot, but I do think it is a lot for someone who claims women do most work around the house.

    I do a lot more without much complaint. I run a tight ship.

  35. #114
    Odan
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    13,376
    Mentioned
    403 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6626 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    583

    Re: Sisters, what's your favourite type of housework?

    Quote Originally Posted by Zaitoonah View Post
    Just a bit...how thought you said it was women who did the majority of the housework?

    I don't think it's a lot, but I do think it is a lot for someone who claims women do most work around the house.

    I do a lot more without much complaint. I run a tight ship.
    It probably works out about 8 hours a week...it's not a lot. I still claim women do the majority because they do!

  36. #115
    Further notice
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Gender
    Girl Female
    Posts
    21,040
    Mentioned
    404 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3016 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    1089

    Re: Sisters, what's your favourite type of housework?

    Quote Originally Posted by zi-zizou View Post
    I think most men will assume that he's going out to work and the wife will be at home taking care of the house. That's the team work in action. If something else is on his or your mind then both should make it known before agreeing to get married. Most men will get this clarified anyway even if the woman wants to hold it back.
    Well a marriage based on assumption will most certainly lead to disappointment!

    لا تفكر كثيرا
    بل استغفر كثيرا

    -------------------------------------------------------
    The children need your prayers more than anyone else
    -------------------------------------------------------
    www.inheritorsofquran.wordpress.com

  37. #116
    Odan
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    1,864
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1112 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    56

    Re: Sisters, what's your favourite type of housework?

    Quote Originally Posted by Zaitoonah View Post
    8hr shift isn't that impressive sis. Maybe if he worked a graveyard shift of 12+hrs I might be slightly impressed. However, sitting in an air-conditioned office for 8 hrs isn't as remarkable as you make it out to be.

    So will you stop cleaning the house if he stops working? You should clean your house because you value cleanliness above all else and not as a favour to him

    And what if you both work? Anyhow, each family will do what works best for them depending on their circumstances.
    Even if you both work the obligation is on the man to provide, the women doesnt need to contribrute towards expenses.

    Doing laundry, cleaning the dishes, cleaning the floor and so on isn't a long and daunting task. You can finish it in 2 hours.

    Truth is, people who are affected by "equal rights" and feminism are the ones who refuse to do housework for their husbands. It's the reason why they work as well.

  38. #117
    Odan
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    13,376
    Mentioned
    403 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6626 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    583

    Re: Sisters, what's your favourite type of housework?

    Quote Originally Posted by F_R View Post
    Well a marriage based on assumption will most certainly lead to disappointment!
    You can try and keep it quiet and let us know how it works out when you mention to him to get a maid when he arrives back home from work.

  39. #118
    Land of Poets...
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Gender
    Girl Female
    Posts
    1,274
    Mentioned
    116 Post(s)
    Quoted
    904 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    107

    Re: Sisters, what's your favourite type of housework?

    Quote Originally Posted by peras1 View Post
    Even if you both work the obligation is on the man to provide, the women doesnt need to contribrute towards expenses.

    Doing laundry, cleaning the dishes, cleaning the floor and so on isn't a long and daunting task. You can finish it in 2 hours.

    Truth is, people who are affected by "equal rights" and feminism are the ones who refuse to do housework for their husbands. It's the reason why they work as well.

    No, she's a baker (baking delicious cakes you stuff down your throat) she's a chef ( cooks all those fingerlicious meals) she's a tailor (mends all your clothes) she's a receptionist (answers phone calls and receives guests)

    When does she get a break? When does she take annual leave? Or sick leave? She's over-employed, over-worked and not paid for it either. Ohhh and she can't resign...not if she's a mother!

    It is a monotonous and demanding task being a housewife.

    I suppose there are some benefits to being a housewife, and I suppose some women are more suited to it than others. Also, if there is a strong support system in place within the household, it could potentially be a good job.

    There's no obligation to be a housewife/homemaker, it's a choice.

  40. #119
    New Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Gender
    Girl Female
    Posts
    3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    7

    Re: Sisters, what's your favourite type of housework?

    I absolutely love cooking the most, and then I'd say vacuuming.

  41. #120
    ssh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Gender
    Girl Female
    Posts
    7,354
    Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1320 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    497

    Re: Sisters, what's your favourite type of housework?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ibn Taleb View Post
    all i understood was grouting and tiles

    what does the red part mean ...
    http://www.hotprice.co.uk/gallery-pe...roducts%2BFeed

    One of these....but mine is older and much prettier and it was FREE!!! So I love it. Someone left it on a rubbish skip as they didn't want it. Wrought iron is soooooo badly heavy I couldn't lift it off, I had to get a duvet from my house and put that on the floor and then get some rope and literally pull it off onto the duvet which I then dragged to my car, it took me like an hour! but then I HAD to ask a passer by to help me get it in the boot of my car and tied the rope to keep my boot closed as it wouldn't close properly. Then I got pulled up by the police just outside my house, they pulled me for unsafe load and so I got them to help me unload it and put it in my room. Even two of them found it difficult so I had no chance.

    but once it was in place, I just had to build something around it.

    Want to see a picutre? Can I show one or is that boasting? I don't want to boast but I am pleased with what I made. How do you know when it crosses the line of boasting or not?



 

 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT. The time now is 02:26 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.2
Copyright © 2017 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.2.7 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Skin By: PurevB.com

MPADC.com Islamic Web Hosting | Muslim Ad Network | Islamic Nasheeds | Islamic Mobile App Developement Android & iPhone | Islamic Web Hosting : Muslim Designers : Labbayk Nasheeds : silk route jilbab: Hijab: : Web Islamic Newsletter: Islamic Web Hosting

Students of Arabic Forum | Hijab Shop