Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quoted
    955 Post(s)

Does anyone want to have a diff kind of quran club?

I saw all the arguments in that other thread and it gave me an idea.

How about instead of a club where everyone does a khatam, we have one wear everyone takes a juz to read (and more than one person can read the same juz) and once the alloted time period is over (im thinking 1 or 2 days) each person moves down the line to the next juz until they've completed the entire quran.

I dont want to make the deadline so close that people feel rushed, but not so far that they are slacking, since technically we should be finishing the quran every 30/40 days I believe. But since most people don't read the quran that often, even a 3 day deadline would be good, no?
    Allah sent down his tranquillity upon him and supported him with angels you did not see and made the word of those who disbelieved the lowest, while the word of Allah - that is the highest. And Allah is Exalted in Might and Wise.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quoted
    955 Post(s)

Re: Does anyone want to have a diff kind of quran club?

---is anyone interested or, no? this will be really good for those who frequent the forum and who feel they should read the quran more often
    Allah sent down his tranquillity upon him and supported him with angels you did not see and made the word of those who disbelieved the lowest, while the word of Allah - that is the highest. And Allah is Exalted in Might and Wise.

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3205 Post(s)

So each person reads the whole Qur'an individually, and we do 1 juz every three days?

This sounds good, I'll participate.
    Narrated Anas:
    The Prophet (ﷺ) said, "None of you will have faith till he wishes for his (Muslim) brother what he likes for himself." [Bukhari]

Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2425 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ms.muslimah View Post
    So each person reads the whole Qur'an individually, and we do 1 juz every three days?

+1

count me in
    The Prophet (saw) advised to: “Take benefit of five before five: Your youth before your old age, your health before your sickness, your wealth before your poverty, your free time before you are preoccupied, and your life before your death
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgE...kS-Qi3nf3tcvPw

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quoted
    955 Post(s)

would you be interested in organizing it? I feel u d be a good fit for the job. I dont have a computer anymore so doing tables and stuff would be a hassle

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quoted
    446 Post(s)

me in too
    "O you who are patient! Bear a little, just a little more remains

Enter your emotion and it gives you a dua!

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3205 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hadmatter View Post
    would you be interested in organizing it? I feel u d be a good fit for the job. I dont have a computer anymore so doing tables and stuff would be a hassle
    I don't think I could sis. I'm no good with this kind of stuff.
    Narrated Anas:
    The Prophet (ﷺ) said, "None of you will have faith till he wishes for his (Muslim) brother what he likes for himself." [Bukhari]

Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2425 Post(s)

@.mirror. plus we can do more reading ... why dont u make it
    Last edited by Ibn Taleb; 23-04-16 at 07:49 PM.
    The Prophet (saw) advised to: “Take benefit of five before five: Your youth before your old age, your health before your sickness, your wealth before your poverty, your free time before you are preoccupied, and your life before your death

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1320 Post(s)

How about instead of a club where everyone does a khatam, we have one wear everyone takes a juz to read (and more than one person can read the same juz) and once the alloted time period is over (im thinking 1 or 2 days) each person moves down the line to the next juz until they've completed the entire quran.

I dont want to make the deadline so close that people feel rushed, but not so far that they are slacking, since technically we should be finishing the quran every 30/40 days I believe. But since most people don't read the quran that often, even a 3 day deadline would be good, no?
    Read out loud? Or like just read it and say we're done? Sorry, explain a bit more pleeez

Account Disabled

Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2864 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ssh View Post
    []Read out loud? Or like just read it and say we're done? Sorry, explain a bit more pleeez[/FONT]
    You may have to read in front of the brothers on skype

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1320 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by zantz View Post
    Ok no worries then

ایک بار پکار کے تو دیکھو .mirror.'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3881 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ibn Taleb View Post
    @.mirror. plus we can do more reading ... why dont u make it
    This is not going to work, from my experience. The one we have now, it takes people weeks to read even one Juz, and to expect them to read one in 3 days and report back is asking too much.

Plus, I was going to make a new session on the one we currently have. Probably just gonna focus on that one. Someone else can start this one.
    Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
    - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

ایک بار پکار کے تو دیکھو .mirror.'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3881 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by zantz View Post
    Umm..why?
    Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
    - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

Account Disabled

Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2864 Post(s)
    [Ok no worries then
    I was juskidding dnt let that stop you from completing quran,, tho I think some deeds may be better kept private - i barely read quran so yh even tho i shud may Allah swt bless yall

Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2425 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by .mirror. View Post
    This is not going to work, from my experience. The one we have now, it takes people weeks to read even one Juz, and to expect them to read one in 3 days and report back is asking too much.

Plus, I was going to make a new session on the one we currently have. Probably just gonna focus on that one. Someone else can start this one.
    just thinking aloud here

so we would need 30 people who are committed to finish a juza every 3 days in order for us to each complete the quran individually. That would take a total of 90 days... sounds a bit difficult ...

maybe if it were 10 dedicated people doing 3 ajza a week ... we could do that in 70 days...

im down for that insha Allah so we need 9 more people .. we could call it intensive quran club and we would finish in the middle of ramadhan (44 days left)

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quoted
    955 Post(s)

Read out loud? Or like just read it and say we're done? Sorry, explain a bit more pleeez
    it's really just for the individual more than anything else, so yeah, you just read it and you have 3 days to do it. and we'll wait for everyone to finish first before moving on. that way people will feel more of an urgency and motivation to read.
    Quote Originally Posted by .mirror. View Post

I know, but thiss is a shorter deadline so there is less time to procrastinate

we can do a trial and see how it works

Further notice
    Mentioned
    404 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3016 Post(s)

just thinking aloud here

so we would need 30 people who are committed to finish a juza every 3 days in order for us to each complete the quran individually. That would take a total of 90 days... sounds a bit difficult ...

maybe if it were 10 dedicated people doing 3 ajza a week ... we could do that in 70 days...

im down for that insha Allah so we need 9 more people .. we could call it intensive quran club and we would finish in the middle of ramadhan (44 days left)
    i'm down but make it even more intense and make it more ajza

omg ramadhaan is round the corner subhanAllah, so not prep'd astaghfurulah. may Allah allow us to reach it ameen

لا تفكر كثيرا
    بل استغفر كثيرا

-------------------------------------------------------
    The children need your prayers more than anyone else
    www.inheritorsofquran.wordpress.com

Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2425 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by F_R View Post
    i'm down but make it even more intense and make it more ajza

omg ramadhaan is round the corner subhanAllah, so not prep'd astaghfurulah. may Allah allow us to reach it ameen
    5 ajza a week and we'll be done in 42 days around 6 weeks .. How about that? That's before Ramadan if we start tommrow or the day after Insha Allah ...

Who's in ? I can make the table and the thread Insha Allah
    @F_R @.mirror. @ms.muslimah @ssh @~Ukhti~ @hadmatter

Elite Quran Club ... We can start as soon as we get six people . Plus if we do this by the first of Ramadan ul be back at pg1 for ur own Ramadan khatma
    Last edited by Ibn Taleb; 24-04-16 at 11:53 PM.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quoted
    446 Post(s)

5 ajza a week and we'll be done in 42 days around 6 weeks .. How about that? That's before Ramadan if we start tommrow or the day after Insha Allah ...

@F_R @.mirror. @ms_muslimah @ssh @~Ukhti~
    Me inn
    "O you who are patient! Bear a little, just a little more remains

Enter your emotion and it gives you a dua!

Mentioned
    1119 Post(s)
    Quoted
    16462 Post(s)

This doesn't make sense.
    You think you know more than my scholar's qiyās? He was more learned than you and all other scholars combined. Yeah, the devil was the greatest scholar too and look where his qiyās of fire being better than tīn got him. Sorry.

You follow your scholar's qiyās, and I will follow the Qur'ān and Sunnah.

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3205 Post(s)

Elite Quran Club ... We can start as soon as we get six people . Plus if we do this by the first of Ramadan ul be back at pg1 for ur own Ramadan khatma
    I'm in.

Quote Originally Posted by Linkdeutscher View Post
    This doesn't make sense.
    Why not?
    Narrated Anas:

Mentioned
    1119 Post(s)
    Quoted
    16462 Post(s)

I'm in.

Why not?
    Because according to her every person will complete the Quran entirely by reading one Juz every 1 or 2 days, which means everyone will start from the beginning.

Obviously everyone will be reading the same juz anyway thus this statement doesn't make sense, well to me at least:

(and more than one person can read the same juz)
    You think you know more than my scholar's qiyās? He was more learned than you and all other scholars combined. Yeah, the devil was the greatest scholar too and look where his qiyās of fire being better than tīn got him. Sorry.

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3205 Post(s)

Because according to her every person will complete the Quran entirely by reading one Juz every 1 or 2 days, which means everyone will start from the beginning.

Obviously everyone will be reading the same juz anyway thus this statement doesn't make sense, well to me at least:

(and more than one person can read the same juz)
    That confused me as well, but I assumed she put that there for clarification because the other Qur'an club was doing the opposite of that.
    Narrated Anas:

Mentioned
    1119 Post(s)
    Quoted
    16462 Post(s)

That confused me as well, but I assumed she put that there for clarification because the other Qur'an club was doing the opposite of that.
    Yes I thought the same thing.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quoted
    955 Post(s)

This doesn't make sense.

I mean, that the point is to encourage more people to read the quran, so it doesn't matter if any two people end up choosing the same juz to read, since their are no "assigned" ones, this way everyone who wants to participate can, get it?

I just saw why you were confused, no everyone will not be reading the same juz, unless you have to start from the begining to read the whole quran? i meant everyone will choose a juz and move down to the next one and so on.not everyone can read the whole quran anyway (I know I can't)
    Last edited by hadmatter; 25-04-16 at 01:39 AM.

Further notice
    Mentioned
    404 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3016 Post(s)

I'm out. Cannot commit.

لا تفكر كثيرا
    بل استغفر كثيرا

The children need your prayers more than anyone else
    www.inheritorsofquran.wordpress.com

Odan
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1112 Post(s)

Ok no worries then
    He is joking i hope. of course you dont have to read infront of random men on skype.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    48 Post(s)

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....konoze.khatem
    this app will be useful

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quoted
    955 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by F_R View Post
    I'm out. Cannot commit.
    who am i kidding neither can I. Sorry guys, i liked the idea, but please continue it in my absence, I'll probably join in from a distance inshallah

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I'm in.

InshaAllah I will be able to complete 1 Juz in a set number of days, however reciting it out loud on Skype would take too much time. Of course, the final verdict resides with you, but I personally think that the Quran Club should not have a definite necessity of reciting out the Juz loud.