Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Page 69 of 84 FirstFirst ... 19 596768697071 79 ... LastLast
Results 2,721 to 2,760 of 3350
    Mentioned
    364 Post(s)
    Quoted
    8715 Post(s)

Lightbulb Quick questions thread

Ever had a question to ask, but you felt it was too small to warrant creating an entire thread for it?

This thread is for you.

Mentioned
    565 Post(s)
    Quoted
    8323 Post(s)

Re: Quick questions thread

Quote Originally Posted by Linkdeutscher View Post
    Quick question:

What was gained by moving this thread to The Void?
    I honestly do wonder what the difference between lounge and void are anymore
    يَٰٓأَيُّهَا ٱلنَّاسُ ٱعْبُدُوا۟ رَبَّكُمُ ٱلَّذِى خَلَقَكُمْ وَٱلَّذِينَ مِن قَبْلِكُمْ لَعَلَّكُمْ تَتَّقُونَ

O mankind, worship your Lord, who created you and those before you, that you may become righteous

Surah Al Baqarah ayah 21

Mentioned
    1077 Post(s)
    Quoted
    16058 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aynina View Post
    I honestly do wonder what the difference between lounge and void are anymore
    It is all part of the Soapbox conspiracy.
    You think you know more than my scholar's qiyās? He was more learned than you and all other scholars combined. Yeah, the devil was the greatest scholar too and look where his qiyās of fire being better than tīn got him. Sorry.

You follow your scholar's qiyās, and I will follow the Qur'ān and Sunnah.

Mentioned
    565 Post(s)
    Quoted
    8323 Post(s)

Is it haram, as a sister, to wear a mans sweater or pants for the purpose of cleaning or just to warm yourself etc, not for the purpose of wearing mans clothes
    يَٰٓأَيُّهَا ٱلنَّاسُ ٱعْبُدُوا۟ رَبَّكُمُ ٱلَّذِى خَلَقَكُمْ وَٱلَّذِينَ مِن قَبْلِكُمْ لَعَلَّكُمْ تَتَّقُونَ

O mankind, worship your Lord, who created you and those before you, that you may become righteous

Surah Al Baqarah ayah 21

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1498 Post(s)

Any sister who has me on WhatsApp, I need to ask a couple of questions.

(I didn't want to ask one of you directly and put you on the spot - rather one of you volunteer)

Barakallahu feekum

اَللّٰهُمَّ قِنِيْ شَرَّ نَفْسِيْ وَاعْزِمْ لِيْ عَليٰ أَرْ شَدِ أَمْرِيْ

Allaahumma qinii sharra nafsii wa’-zim lii ‘alaa arshadi amrii. (‘Imran ibn Husayn. Musnad Ahmad #19141)

O Allah, protect me from the evil of my self and give me the determination to do what is most right in my affairs.

Aameen

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1498 Post(s)

Answered, mashallah to the lovely sister

اَللّٰهُمَّ قِنِيْ شَرَّ نَفْسِيْ وَاعْزِمْ لِيْ عَليٰ أَرْ شَدِ أَمْرِيْ

Allaahumma qinii sharra nafsii wa’-zim lii ‘alaa arshadi amrii. (‘Imran ibn Husayn. Musnad Ahmad #19141)

O Allah, protect me from the evil of my self and give me the determination to do what is most right in my affairs.

Aameen

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quoted
    340 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by A.Basheer View Post
    My guess would be that the fatwa would say if there is nothing apparent from the necklace that would be recognized as a sign of superstition (such as the blue eye they usually attach to it), it would be permissible.

But how can we know without a fatwa.
    A sister repped this fatwa. https://islamqa.info/en/88485

Jazakum Allahu khairan

What does it look like?
    It's like black thread with different beads on it. Never seen this style before, very unique.
    ~‘And He will provide him from (sources) he could never imagine. And whoever puts their trust in Allah, then He will suffice him. Verily, Allah will accomplish His purpose. Indeed, Allah has set a measure for all things.’~ - سورة الطلاق : 3

Odan
    Mentioned
    302 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3288 Post(s)

Is it haram, as a sister, to wear a mans sweater or pants for the purpose of cleaning or just to warm yourself etc, not for the purpose of wearing mans clothes
    Here is a similar Q and A that might help:

i mostly wear my dads pajamas and he doesn't wear them anymore so is it permissible to wear them knowing that it isn't made for females?

Ruling on a woman wearing men's pajamas

Answer:

Praise be to Allah.

If the pajamas are specially made for men, then it's not allowed to wear them, due to what was narrated that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) prohibited that.

Please see the following fatwa for more information: (184217).

And Allah knows best.

Mentioned
    565 Post(s)
    Quoted
    8323 Post(s)

i mostly wear my dads pajamas and he doesn't wear them anymore so is it permissible to wear them knowing that it isn't made for females?

Answer:

Praise be to Allah.

If the pajamas are specially made for men, then it's not allowed to wear them, due to what was narrated that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) prohibited that.

And Allah knows best.
    Oh subhanAllah

Surah Al Baqarah ayah 21

Odan
    Mentioned
    302 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3288 Post(s)

Oh subhanAllah
    Yes wearing clothes that are made exclusively for men is haram even if it's just around the house.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quoted
    480 Post(s)

Yes wearing clothes that are made exclusively for men is haram even if it's just around the house.
    What makes an article of clothing exclusively for men?
    Because male western clothing is unisex looking, like women's clothing is just tighter and more revealing

Odan
    Mentioned
    302 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3288 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mazuiz View Post
    What makes an article of clothing exclusively for men?
    Because male western clothing is unisex looking, like women's clothing is just tighter and more revealing
    Yea well that would seem to be another ruling.

That's why the fatwa says specially made for men. If a female wears a shirt that she thinks is unisex but others can easily tell it is a man's shirt, then I don't know. If she wears a shirt and people can't tell the difference, or it wasn't made exclusively for men, then I don't know.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quoted
    480 Post(s)

Yea well that would seem to be another ruling.

That's why the fatwa says specially made for men. If a female wears a shirt that she thinks is unisex but others can easily tell it is a man's shirt, then I don't know. If she wears a shirt and people can't tell the difference, or it wasn't made exclusively for men, then I don't know.
    Yeah, western clothing is a bit weird in this sense. Like if a sister wants to wear something comfortable at home it's usually gonna be something from the men's section, because all the women's clothing these days is made to be tight and revealing.
    Allahu Alam

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1153 Post(s)

I was used to saying BarakAllahu Feek/i or Allahumma baarik lahu/a but the first time I heard Allahumma baarik on it's own was on this forum. Can someone please explain the exact translation of Allahumma baarik? Does it just mean Oh Allah bless? I am confused abt this.
    "And whosoever fears Allah and keeps his duty to Him, He will make a way for him to get out from every difficulty. And will provide for him from where he does not expect. And whoever relies upon Allah - then He is sufficient for him. Indeed, Allah will accomplish His purpose. Allah has already set for everything a decreed extent." (65:2-3)

a gronn
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Quoted
    918 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by .khayriyyah. View Post
    I was used to saying BarakAllahu Feek/i or Allahumma baarik lahu/a but the first time I heard Allahumma baarik on it's own was on this forum. Can someone please explain the exact translation of Allahumma baarik? Does it just mean Oh Allah bless? I am confused abt this.
    it can be roughly translated as may allah bless you
    "arm yourself with knowledge and laugh at the accusers"
    me - 2017

Mentioned
    1077 Post(s)
    Quoted
    16058 Post(s)

Answer:

Praise be to Allah.

And Allah knows best.
    That is a general fatwa which doesn't address specifically what she was asking.
    You think you know more than my scholar's qiyās? He was more learned than you and all other scholars combined. Yeah, the devil was the greatest scholar too and look where his qiyās of fire being better than tīn got him. Sorry.

You follow your scholar's qiyās, and I will follow the Qur'ān and Sunnah.

Odan
    Mentioned
    302 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3288 Post(s)

That is a general fatwa which doesn't address specifically what she was asking.
    Erm. The qiyas is there. Wearing a man's sweater to keep warm = wearing a man's pajamas to sleep in.

Both are made exclusively for men.

Mentioned
    708 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6280 Post(s)

eh but like if a woman wears a males shirt or jumper..chances are you won't even be able to tell that it's for men..
    Obv vice versa is way diff.. but with females like they wear shirts and jumpers in the house too and trackies etc so its not like exclusively mens clothing..obv vice versa is way different..but yeah
    And with Him are the keys of the Ghayb (all that is hidden), none knows them but He. And He knows whatever there is in the land and in the sea; not a leaf falls, but He knows it. There is not a grain in the darkness of the earth nor anything fresh or dry, but is written in a Clear Record”
    [al-An’aam 6:59]

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2619 Post(s)

why do men's thobes and womens abaya look so similar? They both look like dresses.
    Ya Rab! When you give me wealth, do not take away my happiness. When you give me strength, do not take away my intelligence. When you give me victory, do not take away my humility. When you give me humility, do not take away my dignity.

Odan
    Mentioned
    302 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3288 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by .khayriyyah. View Post
    Yes, the translation is "O Allah bless"

I think it can be used that way because the meaning s understood but I'm not sure. But saying lahu/laka or fihi is more complete.

Odan
    Mentioned
    302 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3288 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by -qed- View Post
    why do men's thobes and womens abaya look so similar? They both look like dresses.
    The actual shar'i 'abayah should not show the shape of the shoulders or be stitched like a man's thobe. The scholars say the overhead or head style abayah should be worn and not the other.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1153 Post(s)

Yes, the translation is "O Allah bless"

I think it can be used that way because the meaning s understood but I'm not sure. But saying lahu/laka or fihi is more complete.
    Quote Originally Posted by magok View Post
    it can be roughly translated as may allah bless you
    "And whosoever fears Allah and keeps his duty to Him, He will make a way for him to get out from every difficulty. And will provide for him from where he does not expect. And whoever relies upon Allah - then He is sufficient for him. Indeed, Allah will accomplish His purpose. Allah has already set for everything a decreed extent." (65:2-3)

Mentioned
    249 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2439 Post(s)

Ummah forum members are sleeping, only 11 on site hope they're not trolls.
    “Mix with the noble people, you become one of them; and keep away from evil people so that you protect yourself from their evils.”

Hadhrat Ali (Radiallahu anhu)

Mentioned
    249 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2439 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by -qed- View Post
    Whats the point of that comment?
    “Mix with the noble people, you become one of them; and keep away from evil people so that you protect yourself from their evils.”

Mentioned
    708 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6280 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Lark View Post
    Whats the point of that comment?
    I think it may have been in reference to the conversation above that quote? As there was a discussion about female/males clothing before that.
    I may be wrong
    And with Him are the keys of the Ghayb (all that is hidden), none knows them but He. And He knows whatever there is in the land and in the sea; not a leaf falls, but He knows it. There is not a grain in the darkness of the earth nor anything fresh or dry, but is written in a Clear Record”

Mentioned
    708 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6280 Post(s)

Does anyone here work as a manager, in their job role?
    I'm guessing its stressful, right? And prolly not for someone who's not career driven?

I am asking because basically my manager is encouraging me to progress and take the manager's pathway/progression route at work.. in our coaching sessions, he's always saying that I would be perfect to progress. It never even crossed my mind.. I haven't brought it up with him (yet other people have and he discourages them), but basically because I am hitting all my stats, and always help people when they're stuck and because I don't like not knowing an answer so I keep asking.. and also (accidently) getting processes changed by doing this.. this is simply because I like being clear on how to resolve customers issues, so I am constantly learning new things that other people don't care about knowing..
    I was only doing this to help customers.. not to progress. I don't care about getting more income.. and I'm not career driven (don't want to work after marriage).. I also don't want a stressful role.. Also I'm not confident/extroverted, therefore how will I even be able to confidently handle this.. without constantly feeling nervous/worried (lol)
    But at the same time.. people are encouraging me to do it irl.. like people are advising me why not go for a more senior/well paid position where you won't be taking calls.. and instead your managing a team and have a challenging varied role that will teach you a lot/give you a lot of experience.. that's suitable to one's intellect/hard work etc. So I don't know whether to go for it or not.. Hmmm... Sorry about the long post.. just thinking out loud.

So does anyone here work as a manager? Stressful/not? How do you find it? Is it for someone who's not career driven?

Mentioned
    249 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2439 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Creamcake View Post
    I think it may have been in reference to the conversation above that quote? As there was a discussion about female/males clothing before that.
    I may be wrong
    Oh yes,.. sure, thank you Creamcake.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2619 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Lark View Post
    Oh yes,.. sure, thank you Creamcake.
    It wasn't entirely related but just a thought. My baby sister calls my dads thobes his dresses. And obviously there's stuff like kilts which are for men in Scotland but everywhere else they're feminine. But also in the prophet s.a.w's I think people wore a cloth wrapped around like a skirt (kind of like what people wear for umrah) but in India that is feminine wear.
    Ya Rab! When you give me wealth, do not take away my happiness. When you give me strength, do not take away my intelligence. When you give me victory, do not take away my humility. When you give me humility, do not take away my dignity.

Mentioned
    565 Post(s)
    Quoted
    8323 Post(s)

Is it bad to buy a carnivorous plant with the intention of it eating insects i mean i feel like a killer for doing it but in the end its how things go isnt it

Surah Al Baqarah ayah 21

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1153 Post(s)

Is it bad to buy a carnivorous plant with the intention of it eating insects i mean i feel like a killer for doing it but in the end its how things go isnt it
    You can kill pests that get into your home. Nothing wrong with that.
    Last edited by .khayriyyah.; 23-04-17 at 04:56 PM.

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1140 Post(s)

I'm currently in the midst of watching Yasir Qadhi's seerah of the Prophet's series, and I'm constantly finding interesting facts that I haven't learned previously, Alhamdulillah. So I thought about making a thread listing all the interesting anecdotes that he mentioned, but I don't know if that would be okay?

Mentioned
    394 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3166 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lonelyniqabi View Post
    I'm currently in the midst of watching Yasir Qadhi's seerah of the Prophet's series, and I'm constantly finding interesting facts that I haven't learned previously, Alhamdulillah. So I thought about making a thread listing all the interesting anecdotes that he mentioned, but I don't know if that would be okay?
    Go for it
    The servant who seeks the pleasure of Allaah, never
    abandons repentance.
    He remains in the state of repentance until the end of his life."
    [Ibn Qayyim Al-Jawziyyah]

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1140 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by eesa the kiwi View Post
    Go for it
    So it's okay to quote him without exactly knowing his sources? Though he referenced authentic ahaadith most of the time.

On the episode that I just watched, someone asked a question about hijrah, and his response was....interesting. But I guess his opinion on this topic is unpopular among the folks here.

Odan
    Mentioned
    495 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6597 Post(s)

@Simply_Logical

Should I write a short story about an 87 year old granny who has a hobby of speeding and joyriding and finally gets caught?

Mentioned
    394 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3166 Post(s)

So it's okay to quote him without exactly knowing his sources? Though he referenced authentic ahaadith most of the time.

On the episode that I just watched, someone asked a question about hijrah, and his response was....interesting. But I guess his opinion on this topic is unpopular among the folks here.
    Sorry I didn't know you wanted an Islamic ruling

I just think it would have been a good idea for a thread and informative
    Allahu alim if it would be ok from the angle you mentioned
    The servant who seeks the pleasure of Allaah, never
    abandons repentance.
    He remains in the state of repentance until the end of his life."
    [Ibn Qayyim Al-Jawziyyah]

Mentioned
    364 Post(s)
    Quoted
    8715 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eesa the kiwi View Post
    Go for it

Yeah I've watched the series and remember those comments. Honestly I don't think you should post personal opinions of his like that, just post facts from the seerah, that's it. I only listen to him to get the facts of what happened; whenever he starts saying things from his personal opinion, like with hijrah, I take it with a grain of salt.

Here's what you can do. You can quote relevant events and then link to the video and the specific time in the video where the Sheikh talks about said event. I believe the Sheikh is honest and sincere when he says he gets his information from the earliest and most authentic sources of Seerah i.e ibn Ishaq, ibn Hisham, etc.

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1140 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Stoic Believer View Post
    Yeah I've watched the series and remember those comments. Honestly I don't think you should post personal opinions of his like that, just post facts from the seerah, that's it. I only listen to him to get the facts of what happened; whenever he starts saying things from his personal opinion, like with hijrah, I take it with a grain of salt.

Here's what you can do. You can quote relevant events and then link to the video and the specific time in the video where the Sheikh talks about said event. I believe the Sheikh is honest and sincere when he says he gets his information from the earliest and most authentic sources of Seerah i.e ibn Ishaq, ibn Hisham, etc.
    Yeah, I wasn't going to post his opinion about hijrah. He said something about voting too that I disagree with.

I'll do that, InshaaAllah. Although it'd be hard to link the video with specific timing since I didn't take notes and I'm on episode 26 right now, so if I want to share facts about previous episodes, I could only post stuff that I can recall from memory. Unless I go back and rewatch of course, but I don't want to do that.

I should probably take notes from now on.

Mentioned
    364 Post(s)
    Quoted
    8715 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stoic Believer View Post

Yeah, I wasn't going to post his opinion about hijrah. He said something about voting too that I disagree with.

I'll do that, InshaaAllah. Although it'd be hard to link the video with specific timing since I didn't take notes and I'm on episode 26 right now, so if I want to share facts about previous episodes, I could only post stuff that I can recall from memory. Unless I go back and rewatch of course, but I don't want to do that.

I should probably take notes from now on.
    Yeah, take notes, because it is a lot of information.

---
    Mentioned
    640 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6685 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Morose View Post
    @Simply_Logical

Should I write a short story about an 87 year old granny who has a hobby of speeding and joyriding and finally gets caught?
    what a random question lol

yea go for it lol

Odan
    Mentioned
    495 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6597 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Simply_Logical View Post
    what a random question lol

yea go for it lol
    Okay I shall write it