Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Page 68 of 84 FirstFirst ... 18 586667686970 78 ... LastLast
Results 2,681 to 2,720 of 3340
    Mentioned
    360 Post(s)
    Quoted
    8681 Post(s)

Lightbulb Quick questions thread

Ever had a question to ask, but you felt it was too small to warrant creating an entire thread for it?

This thread is for you.

Mentioned
    358 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4967 Post(s)

Re: Quick questions thread

Quote Originally Posted by aynina View Post
    What does ma3ndi mean (idk how to write it in arabic cus ive only heared it)

Once a man asked me ma3ndi flous so i suppose it meand do u have or give me
    Idk
    It means 'I don't have'.

Mentioned
    564 Post(s)
    Quoted
    8301 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Poster View Post
    It means 'I don't have'.
    Ohh okay
    يَٰٓأَيُّهَا ٱلنَّاسُ ٱعْبُدُوا۟ رَبَّكُمُ ٱلَّذِى خَلَقَكُمْ وَٱلَّذِينَ مِن قَبْلِكُمْ لَعَلَّكُمْ تَتَّقُونَ

O mankind, worship your Lord, who created you and those before you, that you may become righteous

Surah Al Baqarah ayah 21

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quoted
    480 Post(s)

How do Sisters with Niqab eat or drink in public(with niqab on)?
    Is it weird or awkward?

Mentioned
    564 Post(s)
    Quoted
    8301 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mazuiz View Post
    Is it weird or awkward?
    They try to sit with their right side close to the wall and lift the right side of the niqab not uncovering the left side and then eat with the right hand
    يَٰٓأَيُّهَا ٱلنَّاسُ ٱعْبُدُوا۟ رَبَّكُمُ ٱلَّذِى خَلَقَكُمْ وَٱلَّذِينَ مِن قَبْلِكُمْ لَعَلَّكُمْ تَتَّقُونَ

O mankind, worship your Lord, who created you and those before you, that you may become righteous

Surah Al Baqarah ayah 21

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quoted
    480 Post(s)

They try to sit with their right side close to the wall and lift the right side of the niqab not uncovering the left side and then eat with the right hand
    That's quite specific

Mentioned
    564 Post(s)
    Quoted
    8301 Post(s)

That's quite specific
    Wa iyaak

Surah Al Baqarah ayah 21

Mentioned
    708 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6280 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Creamcake View Post
    I know islamically we can't pluck/remove any hair from the eyebrows (except the hair inbetween)
    This is so random but for some reason a small white eyebrow hair has appeared that is like double the length of the others on one of my eyebrow..I don't even understand how this has happened/where this has come from..
    Is it permissible for me to remove that one hair that is way longer than the rest and for some odd reason is white? Via plucking or another hair removals mean? im tempted to just cut that one hair off with a scissor or something lol bt obv don't want to do something haraam.
    Or is the ruling still the same for this? That it is impermissible?
    Jazakhallahu khairan
    Does anyone know the answer? posted this 2 days ago
    someone... ANYONE... lol.
    And with Him are the keys of the Ghayb (all that is hidden), none knows them but He. And He knows whatever there is in the land and in the sea; not a leaf falls, but He knows it. There is not a grain in the darkness of the earth nor anything fresh or dry, but is written in a Clear Record”
    [al-An’aam 6:59]

Mentioned
    360 Post(s)
    Quoted
    8681 Post(s)
    Is it weird or awkward?
    That sounds like so much work. I wish there were special private booths or something where they could take it off and eat.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2619 Post(s)

I don't know rulings for that situation, but generally considered impermissible to remove any hair from eyebrows whether plucking or trimming.
    Maybe dye it? Or fill it in using eyebrow pencil?
    Ya Rab! When you give me wealth, do not take away my happiness. When you give me strength, do not take away my intelligence. When you give me victory, do not take away my humility. When you give me humility, do not take away my dignity.

Mentioned
    708 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6280 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by -qed- View Post
    I don't know rulings for that situation, but generally considered impermissible to remove any hair from eyebrows whether plucking or trimming.
    Maybe dye it? Or fill it in using eyebrow pencil?
    are we definitely allowed to dye eyebrow hair or use eyebrow pencil? on that topic then, is it okay to use an eyebrow comb and gel, or (at home) makeup around the eyebrows to make them look a certain shape, etc? Like where would we draw the line? I thought eyebrows were a no go area, even with this kinda stuff, as it's changing how the eyebrow appears? I know the hadith is about plucking, but due to the severity of it, I've heard people say it's not okay to even do this stuff..?
    And with Him are the keys of the Ghayb (all that is hidden), none knows them but He. And He knows whatever there is in the land and in the sea; not a leaf falls, but He knows it. There is not a grain in the darkness of the earth nor anything fresh or dry, but is written in a Clear Record”

Mentioned
    708 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6280 Post(s)

This would be my biggest challenge as a Niqaabi.. I really wouldn't care about the stares/abuse as much, but I wanna be able to eat in peace man, lol
    i'm just joking btw.. before anyone gives me a neg rep, thinking i'm being serious.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2619 Post(s)

are we definitely allowed to dye eyebrow hair or use eyebrow pencil? on that topic then, is it okay to use an eyebrow comb and gel, or (at home) makeup around the eyebrows to make them look a certain shape, etc? Like where would we draw the line? I thought eyebrows were a no go area, even with this kinda stuff, as it's changing how the eyebrow appears? I know the hadith is about plucking, but due to the severity of it, I've heard people say it's not okay to even do this stuff..?
    https://islamqa.info/en/171195 This is about grey/white hair.

I think the point here is you wouldn't be dying/ colouring in to imitate plucked eye brows or changing their shape. It's similar in the case then for wearing concealer for acne i.e. not for beautification. I personally don't think its permissible to use dye's and make up to shape eyebrows because the aalims I follow say it falls under imitation of kuffar.
    Ya Rab! When you give me wealth, do not take away my happiness. When you give me strength, do not take away my intelligence. When you give me victory, do not take away my humility. When you give me humility, do not take away my dignity.

Mentioned
    708 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6280 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by -qed- View Post
    https://islamqa.info/en/171195 This is about grey/white hair.

I think the point here is you wouldn't be dying/ colouring in to imitate plucked eye brows or changing their shape. It's similar in the case then for wearing concealer for acne i.e. not for beautification. I personally don't think its permissible to use dye's and make up to shape eyebrows because the aalims I follow say it falls under imitation of kuffar.
    jazakhallahu khairan sis

Odan
    Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Quoted
    785 Post(s)

Sister, I have researched this issue and some scholars say that there are some cases when hair from the eyebrows can be trimmed/removed such as if they look abnormal then they can be trimmed to look normal, this is due to necessity. Their reasoning is below:

As for the eyebrows, if there is some sort of defect in them or they seem unsightly because, for example:

b) they have grown too long and cover the eyes, and thus cause distress,

c) they are linked in between,

then it is permitted to remove the excess hair, or trim the stray hair, and bring one’s eyebrows back to a more normal size. This is allowed for both married and non married women [and also for men], since the ‘basis’ here is a genuine need. The Shari’ah allows bringing back to normality areas of the body that are deformed, damaged or considered abnormal by ‘sound’ people (and not what the fashion industry dictates) – especially when it results in hardship and psychological pain, and more so, when it may affect one’s aspirations to marry

http://www.daruliftaa.com/node/7167

Islamweb said it is lawful for the woman to take from her eyebrows the hair that is disfiguring but not taking hair because it is too dense or not beautiful. In case, there is a removal of the deformation of the hair, it should be limited to the minimum necessary, not more.

http://www.islamweb.net/emainpage/in...twaId&Id=86683

In conclusion, necessity makes the haram allowable. Hence if there is a genuine need to remove hair from the eyebrow then it is permitted otherwise it is forbidden.

Last edited by hasan2013; 20-04-17 at 01:08 AM.

Mentioned
    708 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6280 Post(s)

jazakhallahu khairan @hasan2013 @-qed-
    I really appreciate that from both of you

Mentioned
    564 Post(s)
    Quoted
    8301 Post(s)

This would be my biggest challenge as a Niqaabi.. I really wouldn't care about the stares/abuse as much, but I wanna be able to eat in peace man, lol
    i'm just joking btw.. before anyone gives me a neg rep, thinking i'm being serious.
    Looll eat at home girl
    @Stoic Believer i suppose u get used to it..

Surah Al Baqarah ayah 21

Mentioned
    564 Post(s)
    Quoted
    8301 Post(s)

Would it be considered haram to introduce a muslim to a kafir for the purpose of being friends

Surah Al Baqarah ayah 21

Mentioned
    360 Post(s)
    Quoted
    8681 Post(s)
    Would it be considered haram to introduce a muslim to a kafir for the purpose of being friends
    A kafir can be a bad influence.

Mentioned
    564 Post(s)
    Quoted
    8301 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Stoic Believer View Post
    The question arose bc it was a muslimah who introduced me to a kafira which caused my destruction islamically... so it seems like it was wrong to do, even though i shouldnt blame her for me falling for shaytans traps, and i wont judge her, but i just wodered

Surah Al Baqarah ayah 21

Mentioned
    360 Post(s)
    Quoted
    8681 Post(s)
    The question arose bc it was a muslimah who introduced me to a kafira which caused my destruction islamically... so it seems like it was wrong to do, even though i shouldnt blame her for me falling for shaytans traps, and i wont judge her, but i just wodered
    I don't know if it's haram. Might depend on her intentions.

Mentioned
    564 Post(s)
    Quoted
    8301 Post(s)

Yea idk why im thinking of it anyway,just never do it okay

Surah Al Baqarah ayah 21

Mentioned
    360 Post(s)
    Quoted
    8681 Post(s)
    Yea idk why im thinking of it anyway,just never do it okay
    Do what? Befriend a kafir? You don't have to tell me.

Although I do have a very small number of kafir guys who I talk to regularly at school. They are not degenerates and some seem open to dawah, so I've befriended them.

Mentioned
    564 Post(s)
    Quoted
    8301 Post(s)

Although I do have a very small number of kafir guys who I talk to regularly at school. They are not degenerates and some seem open to dawah, so I've befriended them.
    Thats good Alhamdulillah

Surah Al Baqarah ayah 21

Mentioned
    708 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6280 Post(s)

Looll eat at home girl
    @Stoic Believer i suppose u get used to it..
    lol I need to eat when I'm out and about, my work shift is 10am to 10pm, and that's not including travelling time.
    I guess the positive is if i'm forced not to eat between those hours, a sure way to lose weight right
    ohh but water though, is that easier to drink? from like under the niqaab?

Mentioned
    564 Post(s)
    Quoted
    8301 Post(s)

lol I need to eat when I'm out and about, my work shift is 10am to 10pm, and that's not including travelling time.
    I guess the positive is if i'm forced not to eat between those hours, a sure way to lose weight right
    ohh but water though, is that easier to drink? from like under the niqaab?
    I would probably keep straws in my purse haha

Surah Al Baqarah ayah 21

Mentioned
    708 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6280 Post(s)

I would probably keep straws in my purse haha
    lol I already keep cutlery in my bag, sometimes I get a bit worried about cross contamination/thorough washing with restaurant cutlery
    Straws too lol soon I will have a walking kitchen in my handbag.

Mentioned
    564 Post(s)
    Quoted
    8301 Post(s)

lol I already keep cutlery in my bag, sometimes I get a bit worried about cross contamination/thorough washing with restaurant cutlery
    Straws too lol soon I will have a walking kitchen in my handbag.
    Hahaha sis ur like mary poppins

Surah Al Baqarah ayah 21

Odan
    Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Quoted
    785 Post(s)

Brother I don't think it's halal to be friends with kaffirs at all, you can give dawah to them by being kind and gentle with them but you shouldnt befriend them, please see below:

http://islamqa.org/hanafi/askmufti/81772

Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning
    ):

“O you who believe! Take not the Jews and the Christians as Awliyaa’ (friends, protectors, helpers), they are but Awliyaa’ of each other. And if any amongst you takes them (as Awliyaa’), then surely, he is one of them. Verily, Allaah guides not those people who are the Zaalimoon (polytheists and wrongdoers and unjust)”

uhttps://islamqa.info/en/59879

Last edited by hasan2013; 20-04-17 at 08:18 PM.

Mentioned
    360 Post(s)
    Quoted
    8681 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hasan2013 View Post
    Brother I don't think it's halal to be friends with kaffirs at all, you can give dawah to them by being kind and gentle with them but you shouldnt befriend them, please see below:

http://islamqa.org/hanafi/askmufti/81772

uhttps://islamqa.info/en/59879

Yeah you can't take them as intimate friends or brothers afaik.

These guys aren't much more than acquaintances.

Odan
    Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Quoted
    785 Post(s)

Yeah you can't take them as intimate friends or brothers afaik.

These guys aren't much more than acquaintances.
    Mash'Allah, there's no problem then bruv.

Keep giving dawah

Odan
    Mentioned
    492 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6477 Post(s)

@Abu 'Abdullaah

How many UF members does it take to change a lightbulb?

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quoted
    340 Post(s)

Anyone read any fatawa about this?

I was given a necklace (from Turkey) as a gift but was told that it's traditionally believed over there that such necklaces protect people from the evil eye. Of course, I don't hold any such belief but I'm wondering if it's permissible for me to wear this necklace knowing that people have those beliefs around it?
    ~‘And He will provide him from (sources) he could never imagine. And whoever puts their trust in Allah, then He will suffice him. Verily, Allah will accomplish His purpose. Indeed, Allah has set a measure for all things.’~ - سورة الطلاق : 3

Odan
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3269 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Muslimah1436 View Post

I was given a necklace (from Turkey) as a gift but was told that it's traditionally believed over there that such necklaces protect people from the evil eye. Of course, I don't hold any such belief but I'm wondering if it's permissible for me to wear this necklace knowing that people have those beliefs around it?
    My guess would be that the fatwa would say if there is nothing apparent from the necklace that would be recognized as a sign of superstition (such as the blue eye they usually attach to it), it would be permissible.

But how can we know without a fatwa.

Odan
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3269 Post(s)

What does ma3ndi mean (idk how to write it in arabic cus ive only heared it)

Once a man asked me ma3ndi flous so i suppose it meand do u have or give me
    Idk
    Ma 'indee fuloos

I don't have money

Mentioned
    564 Post(s)
    Quoted
    8301 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by A.Basheer View Post
    Ma 'indee fuloos

I don't have money
    Thank you, i supposed it meant something like that

Surah Al Baqarah ayah 21

Mentioned
    564 Post(s)
    Quoted
    8301 Post(s)

Why do americans love drinking iut of mason jars? And why are they called mason jars

Surah Al Baqarah ayah 21

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1123 Post(s)

Why do americans love drinking iut of mason jars? And why are they called mason jars
    I don't drink out of mason jars. I never knew that was a thing.
    "Has the time not come for those who have believed that their hearts should become humbly submissive at the remembrance of Allah and what has come down of the truth?" (57:16)

Mentioned
    1075 Post(s)
    Quoted
    16058 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Muslimah1436 View Post

What does it look like?
    You think you know more than my scholar's qiyās? He was more learned than you and all other scholars combined. Yeah, the devil was the greatest scholar too and look where his qiyās of fire being better than tīn got him. Sorry.

You follow your scholar's qiyās, and I will follow the Qur'ān and Sunnah.

Mentioned
    564 Post(s)
    Quoted
    8301 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by .khayriyyah. View Post
    I don't drink out of mason jars. I never knew that was a thing.
    Hahah i see it on tv sometimes

Surah Al Baqarah ayah 21

Mentioned
    1075 Post(s)
    Quoted
    16058 Post(s)

Quick question:

What was gained by moving this thread to The Void?
    You think you know more than my scholar's qiyās? He was more learned than you and all other scholars combined. Yeah, the devil was the greatest scholar too and look where his qiyās of fire being better than tīn got him. Sorry.

You follow your scholar's qiyās, and I will follow the Qur'ān and Sunnah.