Page 27 of 30 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,080 of 1178
    islamreligion.com eesa the kiwi's Avatar
    Mentioned
    447 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3614 Post(s)

food for thought

The sahaba used to do the sunnah because it was sunnah, we leave the sunnah because it is sunnah- Marwa Saad
    It may not be easy, you may not understand it, but you need to have the Imaan to trust Allah when life doesn't make sense.
    "Whoever intends eternal happiness, then let him hold tight to the threshold of servitude. ibn Taymiyyah.

Mentioned
    447 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3614 Post(s)

Re: food for thought

“Sins act upon the heart like poison does. If it doesn’t kill it, it weakens it without doubt. Once the heart becomes weak, it is not able to defend itself against other spiritual illnesses.”
    - Ibn al-Qayyim (Zād’l-Ma‘ād, 186/4)
    It may not be easy, you may not understand it, but you need to have the Imaan to trust Allah when life doesn't make sense.
    "Whoever intends eternal happiness, then let him hold tight to the threshold of servitude. ibn Taymiyyah.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Quoted
    681 Post(s)

Use your smile to change the world, don't let the world change your smile. -Sh Younus Palanpuri

Mentioned
    447 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3614 Post(s)

I have never regretted anything as much as my regret over a day on which the sun sets and my life span decreases while my good deeds have not increased." Ibn Mas'ud (r.a.)

Mentioned
    447 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3614 Post(s)

“The believer in this world is like a stranger: he does not become upset when it puts him down, and he does not compete for it to make him honorable. The people are in a certain state, and he is in another state: the people are relieved of him, and he is exhausted of himself.” - al-Hasan al-Basri

Mentioned
    447 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3614 Post(s)

Never do I argue with a man with a desire to hear him say
    what is wrong, or to expose him and win victory over him.
    Whenever I face an opponent in debate I silently pray -
    O Lord, help him so that truth may flow from his heart
    and on his tongue, and so that if truth is on my side, he may follow me;
    and if truth be on his side, I may follow him. - Imam Al-Shafi (rahimullah)

Mentioned
    447 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3614 Post(s)

What can my enemies do to me? My paradise is in my heart, it is with
    me wherever I go. To imprison me is to provide me with seclusion. To
    send me into exile is to send me away in the Path of Allah. And to kill
    me is to make me a martyr.
    - Ibn Taymeeyah

Mentioned
    447 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3614 Post(s)

You are not aware of the consequences that would result (if you were granted what you desire) because what you seek might be to your detriment. (O soul) be conscious that your Master is more aware about your well-being than you are.

- Ibn Al-Jawzee

Mentioned
    447 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3614 Post(s)

Sometimes things are not what they seem , you have to look beyond what you see.

Mentioned
    447 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3614 Post(s)

It is related that Abu 'Uthman was once riding in the street when a pot
    of ashes was thrown down upon him. He dismounted, and prostrated
    himself to God in gratitude, and then brushed the ashes from his
    clothes without saying a word. 'Shall you not rebuke them?' he was
    asked, but he replied, 'A man who deserves hellfire but receives only
    ashes cannot fairly be angry'.

Mentioned
    447 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3614 Post(s)

“Yearning for Allah and His meeting is like the gentle breeze blowing upon the heart, extinguishing the blaze of the Dunya. Whosoever caused his heart to settle with his Lord shall be in a state, calm and tranquility, and whosoever sent it amongst the people shall be disturbed and excessively perturbed.” - Ibn al Qayyim al Jawziyyah

Mentioned
    447 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3614 Post(s)

When you feel you cannot take it any more, complain to Him and Him alone, then wait patiently until he answers your supplication. Seek solace turning to Allah with the supplication of Yaqub (AS) over his son, Yusuf (AS), “Indeed I complain of my grief and sorrow only to Allah…” (Quran 12:86)

Mentioned
    447 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3614 Post(s)

"I believe in Islam like I believe in the sun rising, not just because I can see it, but because, by it, I see everything"

Mentioned
    447 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3614 Post(s)

Umar Ibn Khattab (may Allah swt be pleased with him) said:

"I am not worried about whether my du'a will be responded to, but rather I am worrried about whether I will be able to make du'a or not. So if I have been guided by Allah to make du'a, then (I know) that the response will come with it"

Mentioned
    447 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3614 Post(s)

One of the Salaaf said: "Beware of the life of this world because its magic is more effective than that of Harut and Marut. The two latter's separate a man from his wife whereas the life of this world separates a man from his Rabb."

Mentioned
    447 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3614 Post(s)

"The Dunya is worthless to its Lord, and yet it belongs to Him. So it's not right that you value it so much, and it's not even yours!" (Yahya b. Mu'adh, Hilyat'l-Awliya', 14549)

Mentioned
    447 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3614 Post(s)

"This world is like a shadow, run after it and you will never be able to catch it, turn your back against it and it has no choice but to follow you."

~Ibn al-Qayyim

Mentioned
    447 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3614 Post(s)

" Hearts are like cooking pots. They boil whatever is in them. And the scooping spoons of these pots, are the tongue. Henceforth, look to a person whenever he speaks. For sure, his tongue will scoop up for you what is simmering in his heart; whether it's something sweet or sour, fresh or stale. "

~Ibn al- Qayyim

Mentioned
    447 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3614 Post(s)

"It doesn't mean that one shouldn't enjoy life, but that when one understands that the "complete happiness" they are looking for in this dunya doesn't exist here, then it becomes easier to go thru trials and to work for your akhirah."

~Sh. Muhammad Alshareef

Mentioned
    447 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3614 Post(s)

Imam ash-Shaafi`ee - rahimahullaah - said:

"When it comes to my provisions, I rely upon Allah, my Creator; And I know with certainty that He will no doubt provide for me. Whatever’s in my due, will not pass me by, Even if it were to be in the depths of the sea. Allah the Exalted will bring it forth by His Grace, Even if I were to remain silent over it. So, what... can a soul feel sorrow over, When the Most Merciful has set the provisions of the creation?"

Mentioned
    447 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3614 Post(s)

Said one of the zuhhd: "I can never imagine that someone could hear about Paradise and Hellfire and can still waste an hour without performing any act of obedience to Allaah; neither remembrance, prayer, reciting Quraan nor an act of charity or kindness.”

Someone said to him: "I weep profusely."

He replied: “That you laugh while confessing your sin is better than weeping yet being puffed-up with pride because of your deeds. For the deeds of a conceited person will never rise above his head.”

The person then requested: "Please counsel me."

So he replied: “Leave the world to those who hanker after it, as they leave the Afterlife to its seekers. And be in this world as the bee: it eats only good, produces only good, and when it rests upon anything it neither ruins it nor deflowers it.”

Al Fawaa-id, Ibn al Qayyim al Jawziyyah (rahimahullaah), Pg.187

Mentioned
    447 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3614 Post(s)

“I never saw a better admonisher than the grave, or anything more satisfying than a book, or anything safer than lack of socialization.” - ‘Abdullah bin ‘Abd al-’Aziz bin ‘Umar bin ‘Abd al-’Aziz

Mentioned
    447 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3614 Post(s)

Imam ibn al-Jawzi (ra) was once asked:

"Is it better for me to make Tasbeeh (praise Allah) or to make Istighfaar (seek forgiveness)?"

He replied:

"The dirty robe is more in need of soap than perfume"

Mentioned
    447 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3614 Post(s)

If Allah is with you, then what do you fear, and if Allah isn't with you, in what can you have hope?

[Hasan al basri ra]

Mentioned
    447 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3614 Post(s)

"The believer speaks little, but does much. And the hypocrite talks a lot, but does little. The believer's speech is wisdom, his silence is contemplation, his gaze is pondering, his actions are righteous. So if this is your state, you shall perpetually be in worship."- Fudayl bin Iyyad

Mentioned
    447 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3614 Post(s)

"All Muslims should be in the real estate business, trying to purchase as many palaces in Jannah as possible."

- Yawar Baig

Mentioned
    447 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3614 Post(s)

The heart will rest and feel relief if it is settled with Allah and it will worry and be anxious if it is settled with people. - Ibn Qayyim

Mentioned
    447 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3614 Post(s)

"My servants, you who have transgressed against yourselves, do not despair of the mercy of Allah. Truly Allah forgives all wrong actions. He is the Ever-Forgiving, the Most Merciful." (Surat az-Zumar: 53)

Mentioned
    447 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3614 Post(s)

He whom Allah has predestined to enter Paradise, the reasons which will cause his entrance shall spring from calamities; and he whom Allah has predestined to enter the Hellfire, the reasons which will cause his entrance shall spring from lusts.” Ibn Al-Qayyim

Mentioned
    447 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3614 Post(s)

“Do not resent the calamities that come and the disasters that occur; perhaps in something that you dislike will be your salvation, and perhaps in something that you prefer will be your doom.”- Hassan al Basri

Mentioned
    447 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3614 Post(s)

True knowledge is not mentioned in relation to how much you memorise and then narrate, but rather, true knowledge is an expression of piety. - Ibn Mas'ud (radhiyallahu 'anhu)

Mentioned
    447 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3614 Post(s)

"When people walk away from you. let them go...
    Your destiny is never tied to anybody who leaves you & it doesn't mean that they are bad....

It means that their part in your story is over.."

Mentioned
    447 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3614 Post(s)

"Truly in the heart there is a void that can not be removed except with the company of Allah. And in it there is a sadness that can not be removed except with the happiness of knowing Allah and being true to Him. And in it there is an emptiness that can not be filled except with love for Him and by turning to Him and always remembering Him. And if a person were given all of the world and what is in it, it would not fill this emptiness." — Ibn al-Qayyim

Mentioned
    447 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3614 Post(s)

Never get tired of doing little things for others

Mentioned
    447 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3614 Post(s)

"Go easy on yourself, for the outcome of all affairs is determined by God's decree. If something is meant to go elsewhere, it will never come your way, but if it is your by destiny, from you it cannot flee."

Umar Ibn Al-Khattab (RA)

Mentioned
    447 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3614 Post(s)

"Only God can judge me now" does not remove the fact that you are still committing a sin. Thus don't look for comfort in such statement, but instead one should be in fear when saying something like that. Don't look at the "smallness of your sins" look at the greatness of the one you sin against.

Mentioned
    447 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3614 Post(s)

Whoever respects and honours you, has in reality neither respected nor honoured you, but he has respected and honoured the act of Divine Concealment (i.e. Allah's act of concealing your defects).

Mentioned
    447 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3614 Post(s)

Ibn Qayyim RA said: Adam AS was taken out of Jannah, while he was in it. He was taken out because of a single sin that he did. And you are constantly doing sins, while outside of Jannah, yet hoping to enter Jannah.

Mentioned
    447 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3614 Post(s)

Abdullh b, ‘Abbs reports that ‘Umar b. Al-Khattb – Allh be pleased with them – said:

I used to have a neighbor from the Ansr who lived in the area of Ban Umayyah b. Zayd, which is in the ‘Awl of Medinah, and we used to take turns attending [the gatherings] of Allh’s Messenger – Allh’s praise and peace be upon him. My neighbor would attend one day and I the other; so when I attended I would convey to him the reports about the revelation that had come, and other such news, and when he attended he would do the same.

My Ansr companion went on one of his days, and [upon returning] came to my door and knocked hard saying, ‘Is he there?’ I was alarmed and came out to him, and he said, ‘Something serious has happened (some people thought the Prophet had divorced his wives).’ I entered upon Hafsah and found her weeping. I said, ‘Has Allh’s Messenger – Allh’s praise and peace be upon him – divorced you [all]?’ She replied, ‘I don’t know.’ Then, I came to the Prophet – Allh’s praise and peace be upon him – and asked him, still standing, ‘Have you divorced your women?’ He said, ‘No’, so I said, ‘ Allhu Akbar (Allh is Greatest).’

Al-Bukhr, Al-Sahh, Chapter on Taking Turns in Seeking Knowledge.

Mentioned
    447 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3614 Post(s)

Jabir bin Abdullah reported that Allah's Apostle (may peace be upon him) happened to walk through the market coming from the side of 'Aliya and the people were on both his sides. There he found a dead lamb with very short ears. He took hold of his ear and said: Who amongst you would like to have this for a dirham? They said: We do not like to have it even for less than that as it is of no use to us. He said: Do you wish to have it (free of any cost)? They said: By Allah, even if it was alive (we would not have liked to possess that), for there is defect in it as its ear is very short; now it is dead also. Thereupon Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) said: By Allah, this world is more insignificant in the eye of Allah as it (this dead lamb) is in your eye. Sahih Muslim Book 42, Number 7059.

Mentioned
    447 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3614 Post(s)

@Al-Mualim for finding that hadith ^^
    Sorry bro I was distracted when I posted it should have mentioned you