Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    25 Post(s)

I want to convert to Islam but have few questions

hey there my friends,
    i am <snap> from India, i am 17 and i belong to
    Brahmin Caste. i started to learning abput Islam when i was 15 and i must admit that i hated islam when i was young (child) i used to think that
    Muslims are not good guys (fear?) and i also
    hated Muslims (unlike other muslims, mejority of Indian muslims dont pay much attention to cleaning n stuff) but after reaching age 15 i started to learn
    about Islam and i started to slowly follow Islam, my native religion is just Mass 33million+ gods and i hate Idol worshiping, (i don't know why but i just hate it.) and i also started to accept that there is only 1
    supreme god and we should only worship him directly (not by pics,idols etc etc.) i love history so i
    know most of Islamic History (ottoman and Mughal are my Fave Empires in the world history.) so i saw doc. of Islam on YT few days ago and after reserching Islam for 2.5 years now i am fully sure and accepted that there is not god but god/allah/el elaha(supreme god) and Prophet Mohammed is slave and messenger of Allah. i am ready to become
    muslim but i have some question. please answer

1) can a Indian who's from Brahmin caste convert to Islam ?

2) if yes, i don't want to change my current name to Arabic it is okay ?

3) i can not pray 5 times per day because i have very busy lifestyle, 2-3 times a day is okay ?

4) my parents are liberal hindus but sometime
    they force me to worship Idol, what should i do when they force me ? also, i am just 17 can i hide this fact that i am now muslim from my Parents and
    other family members ?

5) how born muslims view converts ?

6) i need to know how can i convert to Islam can u guys help me ? (i want to convert to sunni Islam)

7) it is true that Arabs are racist against Indians ?

sorry for too many questions, i hope you will
    answer my question.
    Peace

Odan
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1521 Post(s)

Re: I want to convert to Islam but have few questions

Quote Originally Posted by Spicen View Post
    but i think he considers it to be true, he just doesn't practice. I don't know if he took the shahada.....maybe I will ask him if i get 90+ in maths.
    In Shaa Allah you'll get it.

Last time I got 90+ in maths was in class 5 lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    25 Post(s)

Salamwalaykum,

good to hear your story. So did you tell your parents? Might not be a good idea though.
    Waʿalaykumu as-salām,

thanks. no, yes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    25 Post(s)

yes i read about the rat temple.

they have other strange temples as well. When buddhists were promoting celibacy, the hindus responded by making the Khujaraho temple. When I first read about that i was like....whoa what did i just read.
    it's sad actually, even educated people believe in that....

no actually buddhist were anthist, still they promoted worshiping buddha, a saint. india was left with just beggars thanks to buddhist. and founder of buddhaism were brahmins and kashtriyas. and they promoted caste system as well.

only reason why Buddhism died because it was just off shot of puranic Hinduism. (or say wannabe religion) and khujaraho was made after large bloody battles in c.india. males were tine
    minority in that region for hundreds of years. so these temples were made with some erotic statues to promote breeding.

trust me since birth of IVC 5000-8000 years, we covered our bodies we are not uncivilized like Europeans. we are the people who gave birth to worlds 2 oldest civilizations.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    25 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bhshawon View Post
    MashaAllah, do let us know your new name.

Yeah I know they worship a lot of things(more than 3 million gods as I heard). In my brief knowledge of vedic scriptures, there seem to be many contradictions in basic things. For example in some place it condemns idol worship and in other places it allows it.
    Aurangzeb.

yes, they do. sad thing is, even educated people believe in this thing...

vedic reigion is different from current religion.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Historical_Vedic_religion
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hinduism

Account Disabled

Mentioned
    252 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6164 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by New 1 View Post
    it's sad actually, even educated people believe in that....

no actually buddhist were anthist, still they promoted worshiping buddha, a saint. india was left with just beggars thanks to buddhist. and founder of buddhaism were brahmins and kashtriyas. and they promoted caste system as well.

only reason why Buddhism died because it was just off shot of puranic Hinduism. (or say wannabe religion) and khujaraho was made after large bloody battles in c.india. males were tine
    minority in that region for hundreds of years. so these temples were made with some erotic statues to promote breeding.

trust me since birth of IVC 5000-8000 years, we covered our bodies we are not uncivilized like Europeans. we are the people who gave birth to worlds 2 oldest civilizations.
    thanks for clarification. I read that at quora.com so I thought the person was saying the truth.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    25 Post(s)

thanks for clarification. I read that at quora.com so I thought the person was saying the truth.
    Europeans know nothing about us our culture and history still behave like they know everything about us....

or White worshipers at last 90% Indians are white worshipers(you know why) they are eradicating every Indian thing for western things. like language, drasscode and culture.

for ex. almost 8/10 girls now wares Genes ans tee shirts in India, and it's hard to find virgin teenage girls even in villages....

Account Disabled

Mentioned
    252 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6164 Post(s)

Europeans know nothing about us our culture and history still behave like they know everything about us....

or White worshipers at last 90% Indians are white worshipers(you know why) they are eradicating every Indian thing for western things. like language, drasscode and culture.

for ex. almost 8/10 girls now wares Genes ans tee shirts in India, and it's hard to find virgin teenage girls even in villages....
    well pretty much the same thing is happening to muslims who are forgetting their culture and history in favour of western culture. Nowadays, muslims want to be the next James bond, or micheal jackson, not the next Salahaddin or Khalid bin Walid.

lol don't get me started on europeans.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    25 Post(s)

well pretty much the same thing is happening to muslims who are forgetting their culture and history in favour of western culture. Nowadays, muslims want to be the next James bond, or micheal jackson, not the next Salahaddin or Khalid bin Walid.

lol don't get me started on europeans.
    we are responsible for our own demise Europeans were just final....

anyway good thing is our East is rising again and these Hollywood bullshit is only going to brainwash our people for maybe next 50 to 100 years. after that our culture will start rising again.
    have u ever seen White peole doing yoga and getting indian tattoos ? hell i have even seen these people visiting India to "found themselves" or to be more spiritual do they even know meaning of spirituality ?

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Quoted
    755 Post(s)

Aurangzeb.

Peace and greetings

Brother ,welcome to the family of Islam who would be friends in this world and the hereafter provided we die with eeman.

This thread will also help to strengthen your eeman , Inshallah

http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthrea...uhammad-(pbuh)

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Quoted
    755 Post(s)

Aurangzeb.

Peace and greetings :

welcome to the family of Islam who would be friends in this world and the hereafter for eternity provided we die with eeman.

This thread will also help to strengthen your eeman , Inshallah

http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthrea...uhammad-(pbuh)

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Quoted
    755 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kittymuslimah View Post
    I'm so excited for you! I'm glad you have run the extra mile and went on to study about Islam.

There is one pro about having hindu parents, it won't be too difficult eating with them as hindus are vegetarians(am I right?) so you wont be eating non halal meat(or meat at all).
    : Sister

Not All hindus are vegetarians but only the Brahmins are vegetarians , imo.

So even I am relaxed to eat in their restaurants since I do not have to worry about halal cut or Not .

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Quoted
    246 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by talibilm09 View Post

So even I am relaxed to eat in their restaurants since I do not have to worry about halal cut or Not .
    Wa
    Oh okay jazakallah khair, didn't know that

Account Disabled

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Quoted
    816 Post(s)

I don't known why but I sounded like a punk, sorry guys and yes after reading your answers I am ready to accept Islam, and about praying 5 times a day I can manage it.

thank you for your support. Allahhu Akbar
    welcome to Islam brother!!!!! we're so happy to have you with us!!!! trust me, islam will change both this life and your life after death....if you follow it correctly, you will receive paradise for eternity after this life....I will pray for you about your difficulties with your parents, but remember that everything happens for a reason and in the end, converting to Islam will have been worth it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    25 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by talibilm09 View Post

i dont know about you but bro brahmins are meat eaters since we invaded india.

Brahmins used to Serve horse meat, bull meat and cow meat as prasada (gift from god after doing retials)during vedic times. in our ancient books its writeen that those brahmins who dont love beef are not pure brahmins at all.

my family is Hindu and almost 50% Males in my Family Eat meat, i am from north india.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    87 Post(s)

Assalamu alaikum brother,

Welcome to the path of the righteous. Things only get better from here on, provided you follow the religion through understanding rather than copying outward actions. This forum is no doubt one of the excellent online sites where good advice is readily available. I'd advise you to steer clear of subjects that divide the people into different sects or materials considering racism. Because such issues are the work of the devil, and to spend time on the work of the devil is giving fuel to the fire. Leave all your bad companies and surround yourself with good people, if you cant find muslim people pick those amongst your environment whose lifestyle and thinking processes resemble that of a muslim the most. That way you avoid falling into trials and tribulations.

All the best, brother in Islam.

Quote Originally Posted by BrahmanZada View Post
    i dont know about you but bro brahmins are meat eaters since we invaded india.

Brahmins used to Serve horse meat, bull meat and cow meat as prasada (gift from god after doing retials)during vedic times. in our ancient books its writeen that those brahmins who dont love beef are not pure brahmins at all.

my family is Hindu and almost 50% Males in my Family Eat meat, i am from north india.
    Ask yourself why you were created. Do not let society distract you from seeking the truth.
    Sahih International, 63:3 (Surah Al-Munafiqun)
    That is because they believed, and then they disbelieved; so their hearts were sealed over, and they do not understand.

Mentioned
    1124 Post(s)
    Quoted
    9765 Post(s)

How was being Muslim?
    ...And he who fears Allah - He will make for him a way out. [65:3]
    "Put your trust in Allah, certainly, Allah loves those who put their trust (in Him)."
    [Al-Imran 3:159]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    25 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RaNdOm View Post
    How was being Muslim?
    awesome ! i am loving it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    25 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Blitz View Post
    Assalamu alaikum brother,

Welcome to the path of the righteous. Things only get better from here on, provided you follow the religion through understanding rather than copying outward actions. This forum is no doubt one of the excellent online sites where good advice is readily available. I'd advise you to steer clear of subjects that divide the people into different sects or materials considering racism. Because such issues are the work of the devil, and to spend time on the work of the devil is giving fuel to the fire. Leave all your bad companies and surround yourself with good people, if you cant find muslim people pick those amongst your environment whose lifestyle and thinking processes resemble that of a muslim the most. That way you avoid falling into trials and tribulations.

All the best, brother in Islam.
    Thank you brother for warm welcome.

i think i need to educate some people bout how different Tribes and races of Indic world have different cultures, costumes and way of life. also, i am wondering why almost 50% members who posted in my thread are banned here ? i guess they were some Fake kafirs who joined this forum to create distrust among muslim ummah. i agree with you brother, i need to find good Muslim friends otherwise i will become one of those who divide ummah based on races, castes and creeds.

Mentioned
    604 Post(s)
    Quoted
    9198 Post(s)

Thank you brother for warm welcome.

i think i need to educate some people bout how different Tribes and races of Indic world have different cultures, costumes and way of life. also, i am wondering why almost 50% members who posted in my thread are banned here ? i guess they were some Fake kafirs who joined this forum to create distrust among muslim ummah. i agree with you brother, i need to find good Muslim friends otherwise i will become one of those who divide ummah based on races, castes and creeds.
    Thats a rude thing to say about people you dont know!

Why make takfir on 4 people you dont know anything about
    يَٰٓأَيُّهَا ٱلنَّاسُ ٱعْبُدُوا۟ رَبَّكُمُ ٱلَّذِى خَلَقَكُمْ وَٱلَّذِينَ مِن قَبْلِكُمْ لَعَلَّكُمْ تَتَّقُونَ

O mankind, worship your Lord, who created you and those before you, that you may become righteous

Surah Al Baqarah ayah 21

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    25 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aynina View Post
    Thats a rude thing to say about people you dont know!

Why make takfir on 4 people you dont know anything about
    sorry, My Bad.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    87 Post(s)

Hey,

Most welcome, brother. You have to be aware that when you call someone a kafir either one of the two things will happen- 1) either you are right and he is a kafir or 2) he was not a kafir and you have made yourself a kafir by falsely accuse him of such. Forgot the hadith reference for this, its taken from the scholars.

On a different note, never mind the trolls. Trolls lose their power when they start getting ignored, in my opinion.

Regards

sorry, My Bad.
    Ask yourself why you were created. Do not let society distract you from seeking the truth.
    Sahih International, 63:3 (Surah Al-Munafiqun)
    That is because they believed, and then they disbelieved; so their hearts were sealed over, and they do not understand.

Mentioned
    1124 Post(s)
    Quoted
    9765 Post(s)

awesome ! i am loving it.
    How long has it been and what's your favourite part
    ...And he who fears Allah - He will make for him a way out. [65:3]
    "Put your trust in Allah, certainly, Allah loves those who put their trust (in Him)."
    [Al-Imran 3:159]